|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did White describe on the floor of his cottage in "On a Florida Key"?
(a) A straw mat.
(b) An alligator.
(c) A palm frond.
2. White wrote that he was working on a picture from what book in "A Winter Diary"?
(a) American Woodworking.
(b) The American Boy's Handy Book.
(c) Build it Perfect.
(d) The Handyman.
3. Who did White claim had been able to succeed because he was able to see the world as a whole and was not hampered by any limiting thoughts?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
4. What did E. B. White claim there was a lot of in him, which were not joiners in "Compost"?
5. White wrote that a gentleman had come to his house to adjust what the other day in "Fall"?
(a) A plow.
(b) A rifle sight.
(d) A compass.
6. When was "Once More to the Lake" written?
(a) August, 1941.
(b) June, 1941.
(c) March, 1942.
(d) November, 1941.
7. Who gave White the book on farming in "The Practical Farmer"?
(a) A preacher.
(b) His publishers.
(c) His wife.
(d) A salesman.
8. Where was White while writing "The Trailer Park"?
9. In what village did White and his family seek shelter at in "A Winter Diary"?
10. When was "Memorandum" written?
(a) June, 1941.
(b) January, 1942.
(c) October, 1941.
(d) December, 1941.
11. What book did White claim had been so successful because it is so forthright without restrictions in "Compost"?
(a) The Constitution.
(b) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Mein Kampf.
12. White admitted in "Freedom" that he was not anxious to do what?
(a) Change the world.
(b) Work anymore.
(c) Attend a funeral.
(d) To go to New York City.
13. What day of the week does "A Winter Diary" begin?
14. When was "Lime" written?
(a) November, 1940.
(b) February, 1941.
(c) December, 1940.
(d) January, 1941.
15. How many births were there in the town the last year in "Fall"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many young men did White say had gone into the service from his town in "Fall"?
2. What was the weather like in the beginning of "On a Florida Key"?
3. What did White claim as his profession in "Questionnaire"?
4. White wrote in "The Practical Farmer" that he found it extremely difficult to combine manual labor with what?
5. What hung on the west wall of White's cottage in "On a Florida Key"?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)