|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Book Learning" written?
(a) April, 1942.
(b) September, 1942.
(c) July, 1942.
(d) June, 1942.
2. Who did White claim had been able to succeed because he was able to see the world as a whole and was not hampered by any limiting thoughts?
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. What did White write he would rather train to balance an Indian club "than induce a dachshund to heed my slightest command" in "Dog Training"?
(a) A zebra.
(b) A hyena
(c) A lion.
(d) A water buffalo.
4. What was the name of the book given to White in "The Practical Farmer"?
(a) To Catch a Lobster.
(b) Cattle Production.
(c) Practical Farming for Beginners.
(d) How to Raise Chickens.
5. What color were the walls painted in White's cottage in "On a Florida Key"?
6. What society had White joined in "Compost"?
(a) The National Rifle Association.
(b) Friends of the Land.
(c) World Wildlife Federation.
(d) The Sierra Club.
7. Whose rooming house did White and his family seek shelter at in "A Winter Diary"?
(a) Mr. Johnson's.
(b) Mrs. Wilson's.
(c) Ms. Watson's.
(d) Grandma Worthington's.
8. When was "Maine Speech" written?
(a) November, 1939.
(b) June, 1940.
(c) March, 1940.
(d) October, 1940.
9. What president did White refer to in "Lime"?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Calvin Coolidge.
10. Who gave White the book on farming in "The Practical Farmer"?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A salesman.
(c) His publishers.
(d) His wife.
11. When was "The Trailer Park" written?
(a) March, 1941.
(b) December, 1940.
(c) June, 1941.
(d) February, 1941.
12. When was "Motor Cars" written?
(a) July, 1939.
(b) January, 1941.
(c) October, 1940.
(d) January, 1940.
13. When was "On a Florida Key" written?
(a) January, 1940.
(b) February, 1941.
(c) March, 1941.
(d) March, 1940.
14. "Intimations" was written three days after what historical event?
(a) Kennedy's assassination.
(b) The bombing of Hiroshima.
(c) Chineese New Year.
(d) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
15. Who wrote the book that was given to White in "The Practical Farmer"?
(a) J. A. Williams.
(b) H. A. Highstone.
(c) S. E. DeVille.
(d) T. C. Morrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many young men did White say had gone into the service from his town in "Fall"?
2. "A Winter Diary" was written when?
3. How much ground limestone did White receive from the government in "Lime"?
4. What was the weather like in the beginning of "On a Florida Key"?
5. Aunt Poo had married a man from where in "Aunt Poo"?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)