|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Hot Weather" written?
(a) September, 1938.
(b) June, 1939.
(c) August, 1938.
(d) July, 1939.
2. What adjective did White use to describe the schoolteacher's tasks in "Education"?
3. What did White claim was "painfully unimaginative in its attempt to perpetuate a faith that has been gutted by so many fires"?
4. In "Walden," White wrote, "We may all be ______ yet, whether we like it or not."
5. What day did White go to the campground for the pièce de résistance in "Camp Meeting"?
6. Where had White's son attended a "medium-priced private institution" in "Education"?
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
7. "The Flocks We Watch by Night" begins on the "afternoon of the day after the first" what?
(a) Goose migration.
(b) Killing frost.
(c) Hail storm.
(d) Full moon.
8. What movie did White cite in which Bette Davis plays a woman who relinquishes her wealth to move to the country to be with her physician husband in "Movies"?
(a) "Kid Galahad."
(d) "Dark Victory."
9. What ride did White watch people waiting in line for at the fair in "Security"?
(a) The roller coaster.
(b) The Ferris wheel.
(c) The twister.
(d) The hay ride.
10. In what grade was White's son in "Education"?
11. What did White write his friend had around his land in "Poetry"?
(a) A white picket fence.
(b) Men with guns.
(d) An electric fence.
12. What train line in New York did White discover was being demolished in "Progress and Change"?
(a) The 14th Street El.
(b) Sixth Avenue El.
(c) The A Train.
(d) The G Train.
13. White wrote in "Children's Book's" that he'd shared his armchair with what book for the past 3 weeks?
(a) The Cat from Chicago.
(b) Boyhood Adventures of Our Presidents.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
14. When was Charlotte's Web published?
15. When had White registered for the draft when he became eligible in "First World War"?
(a) September, 1918.
(b) February, 1919.
(c) August, 1918.
(d) January, 1919.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did World War I end?
2. The ad in "A Boston Terrier" stated ""A dog's nervous system resembles" what?
3. Where had White taken a trip in "Walden"?
4. In "Hot Weather," White wrote of beaches with bathhouses that smelled like what?
5. When was "Removal" written?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)