|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Once More to the Lake, Fall, Memorandum, Coon Hunt and Intimations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine did White read to stay up to date on the cinema industry in "Movies"?
(a) Movies Monthly.
(b) Entertainment Weekly.
(c) Motion Picture magazine.
(d) Film Weekly.
2. What game sport did White describe in "Progress and Change"?
3. What governmental program sponsored the limestone donations in "Lime"?
(a) New Deal.
(b) Washington's Fix.
(c) The Great Bandage.
(d) The Philadelphia Agreement.
4. What did White write his friend had around his land in "Poetry"?
(a) An electric fence.
(b) Men with guns.
(d) A white picket fence.
5. What did White write was a popular word with boys in "Maine Speech"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did White take with him to revisit his childhood lake in "Once More to the Lake"?
2. On what highway did White write he was doing fifty on in "Walden"?
3. What large and unattractive item did White write "came to be a sort of symbol of what I was trying to escape from" in "Removal"?
4. In what year did White's father rent a cabin on a lake in Maine and take his family there for the month of August in "Once More to the Lake"?
5. What word is used in place of "lift" in "Maine Speech"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)