|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Once More to the Lake, Fall, Memorandum, Coon Hunt and Intimations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was frantically pacing while White and his neighbor tried to corner the sheep in "The Flocks We Watch by Night"?
2. Where did White go after breakfast on Tuesday in "A Winter Diary"?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The harware store.
(c) The mill.
(d) The bank.
3. White wrote that the threat of what was "always in the pit of your stomach" in "Salt Water Farm"?
4. White wrote in "Children's Book's" that he'd shared his armchair with what book for the past 3 weeks?
(b) The Cat from Chicago.
(c) Huckleberry Finn.
(d) Boyhood Adventures of Our Presidents.
5. When was "A Shepherd's Life" written?
(a) February, 1940.
(b) August, 1940.
(c) April, 1940.
(d) October, 1939.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many births were there in the town the last year in "Fall"?
2. White wrote that the sound of what music "right after breakfast gives the summer day a loose, footless feeling" in "Hot Weather"?
3. In "Clear Days" what Disney film did White discuss?
4. What adjective did White use to describe the schoolteacher's tasks in "Education"?
5. When was "Hot Weather" written?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)