|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Flocks We Watch by Night, Report, Fro-Joy, Farm Paper and Town Meeting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dog was Fred?
(b) Great Dane.
(d) German Shepherd.
2. What did White say grew in the patch close to the farm in "Salt Water Farm"?
3. In "Walden," White wrote, "I have never knelt at the grave of a philosopher nor placed wreaths on" what?
(a) Moldy poets.
(b) Sickly actors.
(c) Dead presidents.
(d) Decayed philosophers.
4. Where did E. B. White move from to Maine?
(a) Rhode Island.
(c) New York.
5. What did White claim was "painfully unimaginative in its attempt to perpetuate a faith that has been gutted by so many fires"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The Flocks We Watch by Night" written?
2. When had White registered for the draft when he became eligible in "First World War"?
3. What magazine did White acknowledge he should read rather than The Rural New Yorker in "Farm Paper"?
4. When did World War I end?
5. What movie did White cite in which Bette Davis plays a woman who relinquishes her wealth to move to the country to be with her physician husband in "Movies"?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)