|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Flocks We Watch by Night, Report, Fro-Joy, Farm Paper and Town Meeting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Three of the pieces in One Man's Meat were originally published in what magazine?
(a) Literary Monthly.
(b) New York Magazine.
(c) Harper's Bazaar.
(d) The New Yorker.
2. How many New Hampshire Red pullets did White have in the henhouse in "Report"?
3. The campground White described in "Camp Meeting" was in a clump of woods near what?
(b) East Machias.
4. The ad in "A Boston Terrier" stated ""A dog's nervous system resembles" what?
(a) A bird's.
(b) A monkey's.
(c) A bear's.
(d) Our own.
5. The speaker in "Camp Meeting" spoke about his financial plan for taking care of who in the United States?
(a) The poor.
(b) The elderly.
(c) The disabled.
(d) The unemployed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had White's son attended a "medium-priced private institution" in "Education"?
2. Who gave White a baby seagull in "Hot Weather"?
3. When was Charlotte's Web published?
4. What initial did White refer to his neighbor who had died in "A Week in April"?
5. When had White registered for the draft when he became eligible in "First World War"?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)