|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hot Weather, Camp Meeting, Second World War, First World War and Poetry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Second World War" written?
(a) September, 1939.
(b) October, 1939.
(c) August, 1938.
(d) December, 1939.
2. Three of the pieces in One Man's Meat were originally published in what magazine?
(a) Harper's Bazaar.
(b) New York Magazine.
(c) Literary Monthly.
(d) The New Yorker.
3. What game sport did White describe in "Progress and Change"?
4. White wrote that the threat of what was "always in the pit of your stomach" in "Salt Water Farm"?
5. In "Hot Weather," White wrote of beaches with bathhouses that smelled like what?
(a) Dead fish.
(b) Unwashed feet.
(c) Garbage cans.
(d) Sour towels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective did White use to describe the schoolteacher's tasks in "Education"?
2. When was "Salt Water Farm" written?
3. What day did White go to the campground for the pièce de résistance in "Camp Meeting"?
4. What did White see hunting in a field as he drove his son to school in "Second World War"?
5. What did White write "is so closely associated with brisk affairs" in "Hot Weather"?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)