|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hot Weather, Camp Meeting, Second World War, First World War and Poetry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did White claim was "painfully unimaginative in its attempt to perpetuate a faith that has been gutted by so many fires"?
2. What game sport did White describe in "Progress and Change"?
3. Where was the junk shop that E. B. White went to get rid of a piece of furniture in "Removal"?
(a) 5th Avenue.
(b) 3rd Avenue.
(c) 2nd Avenue.
(d) 14th Street.
4. What large and unattractive item did White write "came to be a sort of symbol of what I was trying to escape from" in "Removal"?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A chest.
(d) An armoir.
5. What ride did White watch people waiting in line for at the fair in "Security"?
(a) The hay ride.
(b) The Ferris wheel.
(c) The roller coaster.
(d) The twister.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Salt Water Farm" written?
2. White wrote of driving past a woman in her yard using what in "Walden"?
3. White wrote that the threat of what was "always in the pit of your stomach" in "Salt Water Farm"?
4. When was "Walden" written?
5. When did World War I end?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)