|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Once More to the Lake, Fall, Memorandum, Coon Hunt and Intimations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book that was given to White in "The Practical Farmer"?
(a) J. A. Williams.
(b) T. C. Morrison.
(c) H. A. Highstone.
(d) S. E. DeVille.
2. "Intimations" was written three days after what historical event?
(a) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
(b) Chineese New Year.
(c) Kennedy's assassination.
(d) The bombing of Hiroshima.
3. White wrote that a gentleman had come to his house to adjust what the other day in "Fall"?
(a) A compass.
(b) A plow.
(d) A rifle sight.
4. When was "Once More to the Lake" written?
(a) November, 1941.
(b) August, 1941.
(c) June, 1941.
(d) March, 1942.
5. In "Walden," White wrote, "I have never knelt at the grave of a philosopher nor placed wreaths on" what?
(a) Decayed philosophers.
(b) Dead presidents.
(c) Sickly actors.
(d) Moldy poets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine did White read to stay up to date on the cinema industry in "Movies"?
2. White wrote in "The Practical Farmer" that he found it extremely difficult to combine manual labor with what?
3. What crop did White claim had done well there in "Fall" that year?
4. What did White have to use to cure ringworm as a child in "Once More to the Lake"?
5. How many births were there in the town the last year in "Fall"?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)