|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Once More to the Lake, Fall, Memorandum, Coon Hunt and Intimations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. White wrote in "Walden" that he had often gone a mile out of his way to avoid a place of what interest?
2. In "Walden," White wrote, "I have never knelt at the grave of a philosopher nor placed wreaths on" what?
(a) Moldy poets.
(b) Dead presidents.
(c) Decayed philosophers.
(d) Sickly actors.
3. What book did White claim had been so successful because it is so forthright without restrictions in "Compost"?
(a) Mein Kampf.
(b) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Constitution.
4. Who wrote the book that was given to White in "The Practical Farmer"?
(a) T. C. Morrison.
(b) J. A. Williams.
(c) S. E. DeVille.
(d) H. A. Highstone.
5. When was "Compost" written?
(a) April, 1940.
(b) July, 1940.
(c) June, 1940.
(d) September, 1940.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Memorandum" written?
2. White admitted in "Freedom" that he was not anxious to do what?
3. "Intimations" was written three days after what historical event?
4. What did White have to use to cure ringworm as a child in "Once More to the Lake"?
5. When was "A Shepherd's Life" written?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)