|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's reaction to Benito Ramirez's initial phone call in Chapter 9?
2. What happens to Jimmy Alpha after he attempts to kill Stephanie?
3. What makes Morty Beyers start going door to door in Stephanie's neighborhood showing pictures of Joe Morelli and asking questions about the fugitive cop?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Joe Morelli's encounter with Stephanie in Chapter 8?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the deal Joe Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Stephanie and Morelli find in the back of the refrigeration truck at the marina?
2. Explain the deal that Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10.
3. Does Stephanie finally learn to use her gun by the end of the book?
4. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
5. What effect do Ramirez's phone calls in Chapter 9 have on Stephanie?
6. Does Lonnie Dodd respect Stephanie as a bounty hunter?
7. Who does Stephanie rule out as being responsible for the bomb and to what does she think it's related?
8. When the car alarm goes off as he tries to enter his Jeep, what does Morelli tell Stephanie he will do once the Kulesza case is over?
9. When Stephanie encounters Morelli in the fast food restaurant parking lot in Chapter 8, is she afraid of him?
10. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stephanie Plum loves her family but they often prove a source of embarrassment to her. Choose 3 of these characters and compare and contrast them, explain what role(s) they play in the novel, and discuss how they influence Stephanie (Helen Plum, Frank Plum, Grandma Mazur, Vincent Plum, Valerie).
Essay Topic 2
Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza never appear onstage in One for the Money, yet both are a vital part of the story. The missing witness, later identified as Louis, only appears onstage at the end of the book. Discuss the techniques the author uses to depict these three characters.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the female characters in One for the Money. Compare and contrast Lula, Connie Rosolli, Grandma Mazur, Helen Plum, and Stephanie Plum. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)