|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What damages to Stephanie's appearance from her encounters with Benito Ramirez and the would-be Jeep thief concern Stephanie's mother and grandmother?
2. When Benito Ramirez calls Stephanie in Chapter 9, what does he tell her she will have to learn?
3. What does Stephanie do when she receives the call about her present?
4. What kind of relationship does Joe Morelli ask Stephanie if they could have after all they've been through together?
5. Who helps Stephanie retrieve her Nova that is parked on Route 1 in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Stephanie's encounter with Lula in Chapter 10.
2. Why does Ranger think it's partly his fault that he gets shot in Chapter 8?
3. Does Stephanie finally learn to use her gun by the end of the book?
4. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. What does Stephanie theorize when she sees the butcher cleaning his shop windows at the end of Chapter 12?
6. What does Morelli tell Stephanie about Ramirez in Chapter 10?
7. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
8. Who triggers the alarm system on Morelli's Jeep in Chapter 12, and what happens when he tries to start the Jeep?
9. When Stephanie encounters Morelli in the fast food restaurant parking lot in Chapter 8, is she afraid of him?
10. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stephanie Plum loves her family but they often prove a source of embarrassment to her. Choose 3 of these characters and compare and contrast them, explain what role(s) they play in the novel, and discuss how they influence Stephanie (Helen Plum, Frank Plum, Grandma Mazur, Vincent Plum, Valerie).
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Stephanie Plum and Joe Morelli. Tell how they are alike and how they are different, explain how they move from having opposite goals at the beginning of the book to sharing a goal by the end of the book, and discuss whether or not you think they love each other. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing occurs numerous times in One for the Money. Cite 3 examples of foreshadowing in the novel and explain how this technique is used to indicate events to come.
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)