|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie find on her fire escape in Chapter 10?
2. What does Stephanie do with the check Connie Rosolli gives her for capturing Lonnie Dodd?
3. When Stephanie hides out inside Joe Morelli's Jeep in front of the gym on Stark Street in Chapter 11, which of the following is NOT part of the theory she gives Jimmy Alpha about Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza?
4. Why is Stephanie horrified when Morelli apologizes?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Lula in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
2. Explain the deal that Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10.
3. Who does Stephanie blame for her sexual encounter with Morelli at Tasty Pastry when she is just 16?
4. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
5. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
6. When the car alarm goes off as he tries to enter his Jeep, what does Morelli tell Stephanie he will do once the Kulesza case is over?
7. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
8. Who triggers the alarm system on Morelli's Jeep in Chapter 12, and what happens when he tries to start the Jeep?
9. Why does Ranger think it's partly his fault that he gets shot in Chapter 8?
10. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza never appear onstage in One for the Money, yet both are a vital part of the story. The missing witness, later identified as Louis, only appears onstage at the end of the book. Discuss the techniques the author uses to depict these three characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what you think the major and minor themes in One for the Money are. Cite examples from the book to support your case.
Essay Topic 3
One for the Money features three antagonists: Joe Morelli, Benito Ramirez, and Jimmy Alpha.
Part 1) Compare and contrast these three characters. How are they alike and how are they different?
Part 2) Discuss whether the type of conflict each antagonist provides is primarily physical (external) or emotional (internal), or whether the character provides an equal mixture of both kinds of conflict. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Part 3) Which antagonist do you think poses the most physical and emotional risk to Stephanie? Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)