|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While still at the gas station where she tries to contact Joe Morelli, what does Stephanie see?
2. Which of the following statements does NOT describe the new FTA that Connie Rosolli assigns Stephanie in Chapter 12?
3. What does Joe Morelli do with the keys to his Jeep?
4. Who does Stephanie spot while visiting Sal Bocha's butcher shop?
5. Who does Stephanie go to Stark Street for on Lula's behalf in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
2. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
3. What is John Kuzak's importance in the Kulesza case?
4. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
5. Does Stephanie finally learn to use her gun by the end of the book?
6. Why does Ranger think it's partly his fault that he gets shot in Chapter 8?
7. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
8. Does Lonnie Dodd respect Stephanie as a bounty hunter?
9. Who does Stephanie blame for her sexual encounter with Morelli at Tasty Pastry when she is just 16?
10. Explain Stephanie's encounter with Lula in Chapter 10.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the female characters in One for the Money. Compare and contrast Lula, Connie Rosolli, Grandma Mazur, Helen Plum, and Stephanie Plum. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
One for the Money contains numerous subplots. Cite 3 examples of subplots in the book, explain how they each contribute to the main plot, and discuss what additional role or roles they serve in the story.
Essay Topic 3
A number of characters in One for the Money are foils for or opposites of each other in some way. Select two of the following pairs of characters and discus how they are foils for each other. Cite examples from the text to support your case.
a) Helen Plum and Grandma Mazur.
b) Ranger and Stephanie Plum.
c) Bernie Kuntz and Joe Morelli.
d) Eddie Gazarra and Joe Morelli.
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)