|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After turning Joe Morelli in, who does Stephanie find pointing a gun at her back at her apartment?
2. Why is Stephanie horrified when Morelli apologizes?
3. Where is Benito Ramirez at the end of the book?
4. In Chapter 9, who does Stephanie question on a street corner about Joe, Carmen, and Ramirez?
5. Who does Stephanie go to Stark Street for on Lula's behalf in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. What is John Kuzak's importance in the Kulesza case?
3. What does Stephanie theorize when she sees the butcher cleaning his shop windows at the end of Chapter 12?
4. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
5. Who does Stephanie rule out as being responsible for the bomb and to what does she think it's related?
6. When the car alarm goes off as he tries to enter his Jeep, what does Morelli tell Stephanie he will do once the Kulesza case is over?
7. When Stephanie encounters Morelli in the fast food restaurant parking lot in Chapter 8, is she afraid of him?
8. Why does Stephanie accept only a small portion of the reward for Lonnie Dodd's capture?
9. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
10. Who is Louis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cars and Stephanie's lack of one, or trouble with one, is a continuing motif throughout One for the Money.
Part 1) Discuss the meaning of the Miata, the Nova, and the Jeep Cherokee as well as the significance of Stephanie's lack of a car when she is apprehending William Earling.
Part 2) Indicate whether you believe the vehicles and the incident of Stephanie lacking a vehicle each symbolizes the same thing or if they each symbolize something different.
Part 3)Discuss what function these symbols serve in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Stephanie Plum and Joe Morelli. Tell how they are alike and how they are different, explain how they move from having opposite goals at the beginning of the book to sharing a goal by the end of the book, and discuss whether or not you think they love each other. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
The three bounty hunters in One for the Money are Stephanie Plum, Ranger, and Morty Beyers. Compare and contrast these three characters as fugitive apprehension agents. Cite examples from the book to discuss the mistakes they each make and to discuss how Stephanie, the most inexperienced of the three, is the one who manages to locate and bring in Joe Morelli.
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)