|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephanie first shows up at Lonnie Dodd's house to apprehend him, what does Dodd do?
2. When Jimmy Alpha tells Stephanie that he has spoken with Benito Ramirez and asks Stephanie to stay away from Stark Street for a while, how does Stephanie respond?
3. What does Stephanie suggest that Joe Morelli do once they make the gruesome discovery in the refrigeration truck in Chapter 13?
4. During Benito Ramirez's phone call to Stephanie in Chapter 9, what does the woman Ramirez puts on the line do?
5. Where is Benito Ramirez at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stephanie theorize when she sees the butcher cleaning his shop windows at the end of Chapter 12?
2. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
3. Explain the deal that Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10.
4. What effect do Ramirez's phone calls in Chapter 9 have on Stephanie?
5. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
6. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
7. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
8. What advice does Eddie Gazarra give Stephanie at the end of Chapter 9 when she tells him about her latest encounters with Ramirez?
9. What does Morelli tell Stephanie about Ramirez in Chapter 10?
10. Who triggers the alarm system on Morelli's Jeep in Chapter 12, and what happens when he tries to start the Jeep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting of The Burg in One for the Money serves an important role in the story. It helps define Stephanie and the other characters in the book, helps shape the plot, and helps establish the story's theme. Discuss how the story would change if the setting changed to one of the following locations and explain how the new setting would alter Stephanie and the other characters, the plot, and the story's theme (Los Angeles, Honolulu, Las Vegas, or your own city).
Essay Topic 2
Food and Stephanie's love for it is a continuing motif throughout One for the Money. Cite 3 examples of the use of this motif and discuss what it symbolizes in the story, what it reveals about the character of Stephanie, and how it helps establish one of the story's themes.
Essay Topic 3
Stephanie Plum loves her family but they often prove a source of embarrassment to her. Choose 3 of these characters and compare and contrast them, explain what role(s) they play in the novel, and discuss how they influence Stephanie (Helen Plum, Frank Plum, Grandma Mazur, Vincent Plum, Valerie).
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)