|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Morty Beyers start going door to door in Stephanie's neighborhood showing pictures of Joe Morelli and asking questions about the fugitive cop?
2. What does Stephanie suggest that Joe Morelli do once they make the gruesome discovery in the refrigeration truck in Chapter 13?
3. After turning Joe Morelli in, who does Stephanie find pointing a gun at her back at her apartment?
4. What does Stephanie do with the check Connie Rosolli gives her for capturing Lonnie Dodd?
5. When they find out that Benito Ramirez has been released from jail on his own recognizance, what does Joe Morelli suggest that Stephanie do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morelli tell Stephanie about Ramirez in Chapter 10?
2. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
3. How is Joe Morelli cleared in the Kulesza shooting by the end of the book?
4. What theory does Stephanie give Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about the events of the night of Ziggy Kulesza's shooting?
5. Does Lonnie Dodd respect Stephanie as a bounty hunter?
6. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
7. What is John Kuzak's importance in the Kulesza case?
8. Who is Louis?
9. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
10. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One for the Money contains numerous subplots. Cite 3 examples of subplots in the book, explain how they each contribute to the main plot, and discuss what additional role or roles they serve in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Morelli and Plum families and discuss how the Morellis influence Joe and how the Plums influence Stephanie. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Although primarily a mystery, One for the Money contains some humorous scenes and characters. Cite 3 examples of humor in the book and discuss the techniques the author uses to establish the comedic tone.
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)