|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stephanie visit Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 9?
2. What does Ramirez claim that the item he sends to Stephanie will show her?
3. Who is Lonnie Dodd?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Lula in Chapter 10?
5. Where does Stephanie encounter Joe Morelli at the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
3. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
4. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
5. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
6. What is John Kuzak's importance in the Kulesza case?
7. Explain the deal that Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10.
8. Who is Louis?
9. Who triggers the alarm system on Morelli's Jeep in Chapter 12, and what happens when he tries to start the Jeep?
10. What do Stephanie and Morelli find in the back of the refrigeration truck at the marina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One for the Money contains numerous metaphors throughout the book. Discuss how the author uses setting as metaphors for the characters of Stephanie, Benito Ramirez, and Lula. Are there any other characters for whom the author uses setting as metaphor? Cite examples from the book to support your case.
Essay Topic 2
One for the Money contains numerous subplots. Cite 3 examples of subplots in the book, explain how they each contribute to the main plot, and discuss what additional role or roles they serve in the story.
Essay Topic 3
The three bounty hunters in One for the Money are Stephanie Plum, Ranger, and Morty Beyers. Compare and contrast these three characters as fugitive apprehension agents. Cite examples from the book to discuss the mistakes they each make and to discuss how Stephanie, the most inexperienced of the three, is the one who manages to locate and bring in Joe Morelli.
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)