|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What damages to Stephanie's appearance from her encounters with Benito Ramirez and the would-be Jeep thief concern Stephanie's mother and grandmother?
2. What does Joe Morelli surmise has happened to Carmen Sanchez?
3. When Stephanie leaves Joe Morelli's Jeep to stretch during a time she is supposed to remain locked inside it staking out Stark Street, who does she encounter?
4. How does Eddie Gazarra advise Stephanie to deal with Ramirez's latest threats?
5. While still at the gas station where she tries to contact Joe Morelli, what does Stephanie see?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Joe Morelli cleared in the Kulesza shooting by the end of the book?
2. What advice does Eddie Gazarra give Stephanie at the end of Chapter 9 when she tells him about her latest encounters with Ramirez?
3. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
4. Who does Stephanie blame for her sexual encounter with Morelli at Tasty Pastry when she is just 16?
5. What do Stephanie and Morelli find in the back of the refrigeration truck at the marina?
6. What theory does Stephanie give Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about the events of the night of Ziggy Kulesza's shooting?
7. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
8. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
9. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
10. Why does Ranger think it's partly his fault that he gets shot in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting of The Burg in One for the Money serves an important role in the story. It helps define Stephanie and the other characters in the book, helps shape the plot, and helps establish the story's theme. Discuss how the story would change if the setting changed to one of the following locations and explain how the new setting would alter Stephanie and the other characters, the plot, and the story's theme (Los Angeles, Honolulu, Las Vegas, or your own city).
Essay Topic 2
The three bounty hunters in One for the Money are Stephanie Plum, Ranger, and Morty Beyers. Compare and contrast these three characters as fugitive apprehension agents. Cite examples from the book to discuss the mistakes they each make and to discuss how Stephanie, the most inexperienced of the three, is the one who manages to locate and bring in Joe Morelli.
Essay Topic 3
One for the Money is a popular and bestselling novel. Discuss what factors in the novel you think have made it a bestseller. Cite examples from the book to support your case.
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)