|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Joe Morelli ask Stephanie if they could have after all they've been through together?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the person Stephanie finds in her apartment?
3. Why does Joe Morelli leave town until evening at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. When Stephanie confronts Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about Benito Ramirez, how does Alpha respond?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the deal Joe Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morelli tell Stephanie about Ramirez in Chapter 10?
2. What effect do Ramirez's phone calls in Chapter 9 have on Stephanie?
3. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
4. Who is Louis?
5. What does Stephanie theorize when she sees the butcher cleaning his shop windows at the end of Chapter 12?
6. What does Jimmy Alpha reveal to Stephanie about himself at the end of Chapter 13?
7. What is John Kuzak's importance in the Kulesza case?
8. Who does Stephanie rule out as being responsible for the bomb and to what does she think it's related?
9. Why does Stephanie accept only a small portion of the reward for Lonnie Dodd's capture?
10. What do Stephanie and Morelli find in the back of the refrigeration truck at the marina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Stephanie's FTAs: Clarence Sampson, Lonnie Dodd, William Earling, and Joe Morelli. Compare and contrast these fugitives and discuss how Stephanie manages to capture each one in the end. Cite examples from the text to support your case.
Essay Topic 2
Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza never appear onstage in One for the Money, yet both are a vital part of the story. The missing witness, later identified as Louis, only appears onstage at the end of the book. Discuss the techniques the author uses to depict these three characters.
Essay Topic 3
One for the Money contains numerous metaphors throughout the book. Discuss how the author uses setting as metaphors for the characters of Stephanie, Benito Ramirez, and Lula. Are there any other characters for whom the author uses setting as metaphor? Cite examples from the book to support your case.
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)