|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Joe Morelli ask Stephanie if they could have after all they've been through together?
2. How does Joe Morelli end up in police custody in Chapter 13 for the murder of Ziggy Kulesza?
3. How does Stephanie feel about shooting Jimmy Alpha?
4. What does Stephanie do with the check Connie Rosolli gives her for capturing Lonnie Dodd?
5. What does Stephanie suggest that Joe Morelli do once they make the gruesome discovery in the refrigeration truck in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Eddie Gazarra give Stephanie at the end of Chapter 9 when she tells him about her latest encounters with Ramirez?
2. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
3. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
4. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. Does Stephanie finally learn to use her gun by the end of the book?
6. When the car alarm goes off as he tries to enter his Jeep, what does Morelli tell Stephanie he will do once the Kulesza case is over?
7. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
8. What do Stephanie and Morelli find in the back of the refrigeration truck at the marina?
9. When Stephanie encounters Morelli in the fast food restaurant parking lot in Chapter 8, is she afraid of him?
10. What does Morelli tell Stephanie about Ramirez in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The three bounty hunters in One for the Money are Stephanie Plum, Ranger, and Morty Beyers. Compare and contrast these three characters as fugitive apprehension agents. Cite examples from the book to discuss the mistakes they each make and to discuss how Stephanie, the most inexperienced of the three, is the one who manages to locate and bring in Joe Morelli.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing occurs numerous times in One for the Money. Cite 3 examples of foreshadowing in the novel and explain how this technique is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 3
A number of characters in One for the Money are foils for or opposites of each other in some way. Select two of the following pairs of characters and discus how they are foils for each other. Cite examples from the text to support your case.
a) Helen Plum and Grandma Mazur.
b) Ranger and Stephanie Plum.
c) Bernie Kuntz and Joe Morelli.
d) Eddie Gazarra and Joe Morelli.
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)