|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephanie returns home after her trip to the shooting range, who does she find in her apartment?
2. What disguise does Stephanie adopt to try to lure Benito Ramirez out into the open?
3. What happens to Joe Morelli's Jeep when Stephanie drives it to a convenience store in Chapter 12?
4. What does Stephanie find on her fire escape in Chapter 10?
5. How is Stephanie at the beginning of Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect do Ramirez's phone calls in Chapter 9 have on Stephanie?
2. How is Joe Morelli cleared in the Kulesza shooting by the end of the book?
3. When the car alarm goes off as he tries to enter his Jeep, what does Morelli tell Stephanie he will do once the Kulesza case is over?
4. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
5. Why does Ranger think it's partly his fault that he gets shot in Chapter 8?
6. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
7. What does Stephanie theorize when she sees the butcher cleaning his shop windows at the end of Chapter 12?
8. Why does Stephanie accept only a small portion of the reward for Lonnie Dodd's capture?
9. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
10. What does Jimmy Alpha reveal to Stephanie about himself at the end of Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Stephanie Plum and Joe Morelli. Tell how they are alike and how they are different, explain how they move from having opposite goals at the beginning of the book to sharing a goal by the end of the book, and discuss whether or not you think they love each other. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
One for the Money contains numerous metaphors throughout the book. Discuss how the author uses setting as metaphors for the characters of Stephanie, Benito Ramirez, and Lula. Are there any other characters for whom the author uses setting as metaphor? Cite examples from the book to support your case.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the female characters in One for the Money. Compare and contrast Lula, Connie Rosolli, Grandma Mazur, Helen Plum, and Stephanie Plum. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)