|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe Morelli surmise has happened to Carmen Sanchez?
2. Who is Louis?
3. How is Stephanie at the beginning of Chapter 14?
4. Despite Joe Morelli's insistence that she stay behind, to where does Stephanie follow him in Chapter 13?
5. What do the police do with the evidence they gather about Ramirez while at Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morelli tell Stephanie about Ramirez in Chapter 10?
2. What theory does Stephanie give Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about the events of the night of Ziggy Kulesza's shooting?
3. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
4. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
5. What does Jimmy Alpha reveal to Stephanie about himself at the end of Chapter 13?
6. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
7. What is John Kuzak's importance in the Kulesza case?
8. Who is Louis?
9. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
10. Who does Stephanie rule out as being responsible for the bomb and to what does she think it's related?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One for the Money features three antagonists: Joe Morelli, Benito Ramirez, and Jimmy Alpha.
Part 1) Compare and contrast these three characters. How are they alike and how are they different?
Part 2) Discuss whether the type of conflict each antagonist provides is primarily physical (external) or emotional (internal), or whether the character provides an equal mixture of both kinds of conflict. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Part 3) Which antagonist do you think poses the most physical and emotional risk to Stephanie? Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Morelli and Plum families and discuss how the Morellis influence Joe and how the Plums influence Stephanie. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
One for the Money contains numerous metaphors throughout the book. Discuss how the author uses setting as metaphors for the characters of Stephanie, Benito Ramirez, and Lula. Are there any other characters for whom the author uses setting as metaphor? Cite examples from the book to support your case.
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)