|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the police find and arrest Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 14?
2. While at Kuntz Appliances, which of the following thoughts does NOT occur to Stephanie when she notices that Sal Bocha is cleaning the butcher shop windows across the street?
3. Why does Joe Morelli leave town until evening at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. How is Stephanie at the beginning of Chapter 14?
5. Where does Stephanie encounter Joe Morelli at the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Joe Morelli cleared in the Kulesza shooting by the end of the book?
2. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
3. Who does Stephanie blame for her sexual encounter with Morelli at Tasty Pastry when she is just 16?
4. Why does Stephanie accept only a small portion of the reward for Lonnie Dodd's capture?
5. What theory does Stephanie give Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about the events of the night of Ziggy Kulesza's shooting?
6. Who does Stephanie rule out as being responsible for the bomb and to what does she think it's related?
7. What effect do Ramirez's phone calls in Chapter 9 have on Stephanie?
8. What does Morelli tell Stephanie about Ramirez in Chapter 10?
9. What advice does Eddie Gazarra give Stephanie at the end of Chapter 9 when she tells him about her latest encounters with Ramirez?
10. Who is Louis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Morelli and Plum families and discuss how the Morellis influence Joe and how the Plums influence Stephanie. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
The setting of The Burg in One for the Money serves an important role in the story. It helps define Stephanie and the other characters in the book, helps shape the plot, and helps establish the story's theme. Discuss how the story would change if the setting changed to one of the following locations and explain how the new setting would alter Stephanie and the other characters, the plot, and the story's theme (Los Angeles, Honolulu, Las Vegas, or your own city).
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing occurs numerous times in One for the Money. Cite 3 examples of foreshadowing in the novel and explain how this technique is used to indicate events to come.
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)