|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon arriving at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building, what does Stephanie notice?
2. When Stephanie cries, how does Morelli react?
3. Why does Joe Morelli leave town until evening at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. What disguise does Stephanie adopt to try to lure Benito Ramirez out into the open?
5. What does Stephanie do when she's shot in the rear end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza never appear onstage in One for the Money, yet both are a vital part of the story. The missing witness, later identified as Louis, only appears onstage at the end of the book. Discuss the techniques the author uses to depict these three characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Stephanie's FTAs: Clarence Sampson, Lonnie Dodd, William Earling, and Joe Morelli. Compare and contrast these fugitives and discuss how Stephanie manages to capture each one in the end. Cite examples from the text to support your case.
Essay Topic 3
Food and Stephanie's love for it is a continuing motif throughout One for the Money. Cite 3 examples of the use of this motif and discuss what it symbolizes in the story, what it reveals about the character of Stephanie, and how it helps establish one of the story's themes.
This section contains 1,336 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)