|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jimmy Alpha after he attempts to kill Stephanie?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the deal Joe Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10?
3. Which of the following statements is true about Benito Ramirez?
4. What does Stephanie suggest that Joe Morelli do once they make the gruesome discovery in the refrigeration truck in Chapter 13?
5. When the would-be thief starts the engine of Joe Morelli's Jeep, what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is John Kuzak's importance in the Kulesza case?
2. When the car alarm goes off as he tries to enter his Jeep, what does Morelli tell Stephanie he will do once the Kulesza case is over?
3. What does Morelli tell Stephanie about Ramirez in Chapter 10?
4. Who does Stephanie blame for her sexual encounter with Morelli at Tasty Pastry when she is just 16?
5. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
6. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
7. Who does Stephanie rule out as being responsible for the bomb and to what does she think it's related?
8. Who is Louis?
9. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
10. Does Lonnie Dodd respect Stephanie as a bounty hunter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The three bounty hunters in One for the Money are Stephanie Plum, Ranger, and Morty Beyers. Compare and contrast these three characters as fugitive apprehension agents. Cite examples from the book to discuss the mistakes they each make and to discuss how Stephanie, the most inexperienced of the three, is the one who manages to locate and bring in Joe Morelli.
Essay Topic 2
Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza never appear onstage in One for the Money, yet both are a vital part of the story. The missing witness, later identified as Louis, only appears onstage at the end of the book. Discuss the techniques the author uses to depict these three characters.
Essay Topic 3
One for the Money contains numerous metaphors throughout the book. Discuss how the author uses setting as metaphors for the characters of Stephanie, Benito Ramirez, and Lula. Are there any other characters for whom the author uses setting as metaphor? Cite examples from the book to support your case.
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)