|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite Joe Morelli's insistence that she stay behind, to where does Stephanie follow him in Chapter 13?
2. How does Stephanie respond to what Joe Morelli does with the keys to his Jeep?
3. When Stephanie cries, how does Morelli react?
4. Who helps Stephanie retrieve her Nova that is parked on Route 1 in Chapter 12?
5. What happens to Ranger when he enters Lonnie Dodd's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
2. What advice does Eddie Gazarra give Stephanie at the end of Chapter 9 when she tells him about her latest encounters with Ramirez?
3. Why does Stephanie accept only a small portion of the reward for Lonnie Dodd's capture?
4. When Stephanie encounters Morelli in the fast food restaurant parking lot in Chapter 8, is she afraid of him?
5. What do Stephanie and Morelli find in the back of the refrigeration truck at the marina?
6. Who is Louis?
7. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
8. Who triggers the alarm system on Morelli's Jeep in Chapter 12, and what happens when he tries to start the Jeep?
9. What does Jimmy Alpha reveal to Stephanie about himself at the end of Chapter 13?
10. What does Stephanie theorize when she sees the butcher cleaning his shop windows at the end of Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Morelli and Plum families and discuss how the Morellis influence Joe and how the Plums influence Stephanie. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
One for the Money is a popular and bestselling novel. Discuss what factors in the novel you think have made it a bestseller. Cite examples from the book to support your case.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Stephanie's FTAs: Clarence Sampson, Lonnie Dodd, William Earling, and Joe Morelli. Compare and contrast these fugitives and discuss how Stephanie manages to capture each one in the end. Cite examples from the text to support your case.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)