|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Stephanie retrieve her Nova that is parked on Route 1 in Chapter 12?
2. When Jimmy Alpha tells Stephanie that he has spoken with Benito Ramirez and asks Stephanie to stay away from Stark Street for a while, how does Stephanie respond?
3. Where is Benito Ramirez at the end of the book?
4. For what does Joe Morelli apologize at the end of the book?
5. When Stephanie hides out inside Joe Morelli's Jeep in front of the gym on Stark Street in Chapter 11, which of the following is NOT part of the theory she gives Jimmy Alpha about Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
2. Explain Stephanie's encounter with Lula in Chapter 10.
3. What effect do Ramirez's phone calls in Chapter 9 have on Stephanie?
4. When Stephanie encounters Morelli in the fast food restaurant parking lot in Chapter 8, is she afraid of him?
5. Who does Stephanie blame for her sexual encounter with Morelli at Tasty Pastry when she is just 16?
6. Why does Stephanie accept only a small portion of the reward for Lonnie Dodd's capture?
7. What do Stephanie and Morelli find in the back of the refrigeration truck at the marina?
8. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
9. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
10. How is Joe Morelli cleared in the Kulesza shooting by the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Stephanie's FTAs: Clarence Sampson, Lonnie Dodd, William Earling, and Joe Morelli. Compare and contrast these fugitives and discuss how Stephanie manages to capture each one in the end. Cite examples from the text to support your case.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Morelli and Plum families and discuss how the Morellis influence Joe and how the Plums influence Stephanie. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing occurs numerous times in One for the Money. Cite 3 examples of foreshadowing in the novel and explain how this technique is used to indicate events to come.
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)