|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon arriving at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building, what does Stephanie notice?
2. While at Kuntz Appliances, which of the following thoughts does NOT occur to Stephanie when she notices that Sal Bocha is cleaning the butcher shop windows across the street?
3. In Chapter 9, who does Stephanie question on a street corner about Joe, Carmen, and Ramirez?
4. What do Sal and Louis do after Stephanie notices Louis at the butcher shop in Chapter 13?
5. What damages to Stephanie's appearance from her encounters with Benito Ramirez and the would-be Jeep thief concern Stephanie's mother and grandmother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One for the Money contains numerous subplots. Cite 3 examples of subplots in the book, explain how they each contribute to the main plot, and discuss what additional role or roles they serve in the story.
Essay Topic 2
A confidante is a character who lends the protagonist of a story a listening ear and offers advice and assistance. Ranger, Connie Rosolli, and Eddie Gazarra serve as confidantes to Stephanie Plum throughout One for the Money.
Part 1) Compare and contrast all three characters, showing how they are alike and how they are different.
Part 2) What do you think would change if these characters did not exist in the story? Use events from the text where they advised or otherwise assisted Stephanie and had an impact on her and her situation.
Part 3) Which of the three confidantes do you think is most indispensable to the story? Cite several examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
The three bounty hunters in One for the Money are Stephanie Plum, Ranger, and Morty Beyers. Compare and contrast these three characters as fugitive apprehension agents. Cite examples from the book to discuss the mistakes they each make and to discuss how Stephanie, the most inexperienced of the three, is the one who manages to locate and bring in Joe Morelli.
This section contains 1,359 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)