|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon arriving at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building, what does Stephanie notice?
2. What happens to Joe Morelli's Jeep when Stephanie drives it to a convenience store in Chapter 12?
3. When Benito Ramirez calls Stephanie in Chapter 9, what does he tell her she will have to learn?
4. What do the police do with the evidence they gather about Ramirez while at Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 10?
5. Why is Stephanie horrified when Morelli apologizes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jimmy Alpha reveal to Stephanie about himself at the end of Chapter 13?
2. Does Lonnie Dodd respect Stephanie as a bounty hunter?
3. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
4. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
5. What effect do Ramirez's phone calls in Chapter 9 have on Stephanie?
6. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
7. Who triggers the alarm system on Morelli's Jeep in Chapter 12, and what happens when he tries to start the Jeep?
8. Who is Louis?
9. Why does Ranger think it's partly his fault that he gets shot in Chapter 8?
10. How is Joe Morelli cleared in the Kulesza shooting by the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza never appear onstage in One for the Money, yet both are a vital part of the story. The missing witness, later identified as Louis, only appears onstage at the end of the book. Discuss the techniques the author uses to depict these three characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Stephanie's FTAs: Clarence Sampson, Lonnie Dodd, William Earling, and Joe Morelli. Compare and contrast these fugitives and discuss how Stephanie manages to capture each one in the end. Cite examples from the text to support your case.
Essay Topic 3
The setting of The Burg in One for the Money serves an important role in the story. It helps define Stephanie and the other characters in the book, helps shape the plot, and helps establish the story's theme. Discuss how the story would change if the setting changed to one of the following locations and explain how the new setting would alter Stephanie and the other characters, the plot, and the story's theme (Los Angeles, Honolulu, Las Vegas, or your own city).
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)