|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephanie feel about shooting Jimmy Alpha?
2. What disguise does Stephanie adopt to try to lure Benito Ramirez out into the open?
3. When Jimmy Alpha tells Stephanie that he has spoken with Benito Ramirez and asks Stephanie to stay away from Stark Street for a while, how does Stephanie respond?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the deal Joe Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10?
5. What does Stephanie find on her fire escape in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
2. Who triggers the alarm system on Morelli's Jeep in Chapter 12, and what happens when he tries to start the Jeep?
3. What does Morelli tell Stephanie about Ramirez in Chapter 10?
4. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
5. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
6. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
7. What advice does Eddie Gazarra give Stephanie at the end of Chapter 9 when she tells him about her latest encounters with Ramirez?
8. What do Stephanie and Morelli find in the back of the refrigeration truck at the marina?
9. What does Jimmy Alpha reveal to Stephanie about himself at the end of Chapter 13?
10. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A confidante is a character who lends the protagonist of a story a listening ear and offers advice and assistance. Ranger, Connie Rosolli, and Eddie Gazarra serve as confidantes to Stephanie Plum throughout One for the Money.
Part 1) Compare and contrast all three characters, showing how they are alike and how they are different.
Part 2) What do you think would change if these characters did not exist in the story? Use events from the text where they advised or otherwise assisted Stephanie and had an impact on her and her situation.
Part 3) Which of the three confidantes do you think is most indispensable to the story? Cite several examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing occurs numerous times in One for the Money. Cite 3 examples of foreshadowing in the novel and explain how this technique is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 3
One for the Money features three antagonists: Joe Morelli, Benito Ramirez, and Jimmy Alpha.
Part 1) Compare and contrast these three characters. How are they alike and how are they different?
Part 2) Discuss whether the type of conflict each antagonist provides is primarily physical (external) or emotional (internal), or whether the character provides an equal mixture of both kinds of conflict. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Part 3) Which antagonist do you think poses the most physical and emotional risk to Stephanie? Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)