|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Benito Ramirez calls Stephanie in Chapter 9, what does he tell Stephanie to expect?
2. What does Stephanie tell Joe Morelli about his Jeep when he asks about it at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. Who is Lonnie Dodd?
4. What does Stephanie suggest that Joe Morelli do once they make the gruesome discovery in the refrigeration truck in Chapter 13?
5. When Jimmy Alpha tells Stephanie that he has spoken with Benito Ramirez and asks Stephanie to stay away from Stark Street for a while, how does Stephanie respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephanie accept only a small portion of the reward for Lonnie Dodd's capture?
2. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
3. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
4. What theory does Stephanie give Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about the events of the night of Ziggy Kulesza's shooting?
5. Why does Ranger think it's partly his fault that he gets shot in Chapter 8?
6. Does Lonnie Dodd respect Stephanie as a bounty hunter?
7. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
8. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
9. What is John Kuzak's importance in the Kulesza case?
10. What effect do Ramirez's phone calls in Chapter 9 have on Stephanie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One for the Money features three antagonists: Joe Morelli, Benito Ramirez, and Jimmy Alpha.
Part 1) Compare and contrast these three characters. How are they alike and how are they different?
Part 2) Discuss whether the type of conflict each antagonist provides is primarily physical (external) or emotional (internal), or whether the character provides an equal mixture of both kinds of conflict. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Part 3) Which antagonist do you think poses the most physical and emotional risk to Stephanie? Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
One for the Money contains numerous subplots. Cite 3 examples of subplots in the book, explain how they each contribute to the main plot, and discuss what additional role or roles they serve in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Stephanie Plum and Joe Morelli. Tell how they are alike and how they are different, explain how they move from having opposite goals at the beginning of the book to sharing a goal by the end of the book, and discuss whether or not you think they love each other. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)