|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephanie questions Carmen Sanchez's neighbors about the Kulesza shooting, who admits to seeing the shooting, knows who the mystery witness is, and where he might be?
2. Where does Stephanie go at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Where is Ziggy Kulesza killed?
4. Why is Stephanie behind on her payments for her Mazda Miata?
5. What is the first thing Ranger suggests that Stephanie do to become a more effective bounty hunter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
2. Why do you think Ranger agrees to help Stephanie?
3. What does Joe Morelli's rescue of Stephanie at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 3 indicate?
4. Describe Stephanie Plum.
5. Is it realistic for Stephanie to think she can visit Stark Street and avoid Ramirez?
6. Describe Stephanie's family.
7. What feelings does seeing Morelli again stir in Stephanie?
8. Does Stephanie finally learn to use her gun by the end of the book?
9. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
10. Do you think Stephanie's prowess as a bounty hunter has improved by the end of Chapter 5?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what you think the major and minor themes in One for the Money are. Cite examples from the book to support your case.
Essay Topic 2
Although primarily a mystery, One for the Money contains some humorous scenes and characters. Cite 3 examples of humor in the book and discuss the techniques the author uses to establish the comedic tone.
Essay Topic 3
One for the Money is a popular and bestselling novel. Discuss what factors in the novel you think have made it a bestseller. Cite examples from the book to support your case.
This section contains 2,079 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)