|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Stephanie interviews Benito Ramirez at the Stark Street Gym?
2. What is Mooch's relationship to Joe Morelli?
3. What kind of message does Stephanie find on Joe Morelli's answering machine while snooping around his apartment?
4. When Joe Morelli learns the reason Stephanie has tracked him down, what does he do?
5. When Stephanie goes to apply for the file clerk job, what other position does the office manager tell her they have an opening for since one of their employees is out with a busted appendix?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Eddie Gazarra's version of what happened the night Ziggy Kulesza was shot.
2. Describe Stark Street.
3. Describe Stephanie Plum.
4. Why doesn't Stephanie consider Bernie Kuntz as ideal for her as her mother does?
5. What does the vandalism of Stephanie's Nova on Stark Street symbolize?
6. How does the Plum family dinner in Chapter 4 contribute to the atmosphere of escalating danger in the book?
7. What does the way Stephanie stakes out Joe Morelli's apartment in Chapter 2 indicate about Stephanie?
8. What is Stephanie's financial situation as the book opens?
9. How does Mrs. Morelli humiliate Stephanie in Chapter 5?
10. What is Stephanie's history with Joe Morelli?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although primarily a mystery, One for the Money contains some humorous scenes and characters. Cite 3 examples of humor in the book and discuss the techniques the author uses to establish the comedic tone.
Essay Topic 2
One for the Money blends elements of mystery, comedy, and romance. It also borrows some elements from Gothic novels. Discuss the mixture of genres in the book and cite examples from the text to show the influence of each genre on the elements of the story. Explain how the story might change if you removed the comedy and the romance subplot.
Essay Topic 3
One for the Money is a popular and bestselling novel. Discuss what factors in the novel you think have made it a bestseller. Cite examples from the book to support your case.
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)