|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie do in Chapter 7 with her first check from the bail bonds company for the capture of a fugitive?
2. What does Joe Morelli do to Stephanie while searching her apartment for what she has taken from his Jeep?
3. Where does Stephanie work after school when she is 16?
4. How does Stephanie figure out which apartment is Joe Morelli's hideout?
5. What does Stephanie hesitate to tell her worrisome mother, Helen, for the last six months?
Short Essay Questions
1. What feelings does Stephanie have once she learns that Joe Morelli is the fugitive she has to pursue?
2. What does the way Stephanie stakes out Joe Morelli's apartment in Chapter 2 indicate about Stephanie?
3. What is Stephanie's financial situation as the book opens?
4. What does Joe Morelli's rescue of Stephanie at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 3 indicate?
5. What factors make Ranger better suited for bounty hunting than Stephanie?
6. Describe Ranger.
7. What does Stephanie learn about Kulesza when she questions potential witnesses at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 4?
8. Describe Stephanie Plum.
9. Why does Vincent Plum laugh when Stephanie asks him for an advance on the bounty for Morelli?
10. Do you think Stephanie's prowess as a bounty hunter has improved by the end of Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One for the Money contains numerous subplots. Cite 3 examples of subplots in the book, explain how they each contribute to the main plot, and discuss what additional role or roles they serve in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza never appear onstage in One for the Money, yet both are a vital part of the story. The missing witness, later identified as Louis, only appears onstage at the end of the book. Discuss the techniques the author uses to depict these three characters.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what you think the major and minor themes in One for the Money are. Cite examples from the book to support your case.
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)