|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie discover when she visits The Step In, the bar where Carmen Sanchez works?
2. What happens at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 7 when Stephanie threatens to call the police if Benito Ramirez isn't kept away from her?
3. When Stephanie tells Eddie Gazarra about her encounters with Benito Ramirez, what does Gazarra offer to do?
4. Which of the following statements does NOT describe who Eddie Gazarra is?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about how Stephanie responds to Joe Morelli's opinion of her ability to capture him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is John Kuzak's importance in the Kulesza case?
2. What does the vandalism of Stephanie's Nova on Stark Street symbolize?
3. When Ranger joins Stephanie in Chapter 5 to search Morelli's apartment, how does he fit or not fit the image Stephanie has of him as a bounty hunter?
4. Describe Stark Street.
5. What theory does Stephanie give Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about the events of the night of Ziggy Kulesza's shooting?
6. Why does Stephanie want to install a security system in Morelli's Jeep, a Jeep that doesn't belong to her?
7. Is Stephanie in real danger from Benito Ramirez, or is the danger primarily in her imagination?
8. Who does Stephanie rule out as being responsible for the bomb and to what does she think it's related?
9. What does Stephanie theorize when she sees the butcher cleaning his shop windows at the end of Chapter 12?
10. Who does Stephanie blame for her sexual encounter with Morelli at Tasty Pastry when she is just 16?
Essay Topic 1
One for the Money blends elements of mystery, comedy, and romance. It also borrows some elements from Gothic novels. Discuss the mixture of genres in the book and cite examples from the text to show the influence of each genre on the elements of the story. Explain how the story might change if you removed the comedy and the romance subplot.
Essay Topic 2
One for the Money is a popular and bestselling novel. Discuss what factors in the novel you think have made it a bestseller. Cite examples from the book to support your case.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Stephanie's FTAs: Clarence Sampson, Lonnie Dodd, William Earling, and Joe Morelli. Compare and contrast these fugitives and discuss how Stephanie manages to capture each one in the end. Cite examples from the text to support your case.
This section contains 2,216 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)