|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephanie call instead of the police, the fire department, or her parents to assist her in freeing herself from the way Joe Morelli leaves her after searching her apartment?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's car at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What is the ethnic background of Stephanie Plum's family?
4. What does Stephanie do when she spots the keys to Joe Morelli's Jeep Cherokee?
5. When Stephanie was just six years old, what game does Morelli lure her into his father's garage to play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Stephanie Plum.
2. What does Stephanie learn about Kulesza when she questions potential witnesses at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 4?
3. Explain Eddie Gazarra's relationship to Stephanie Plum.
4. What factors make Ranger better suited for bounty hunting than Stephanie?
5. Why doesn't Stephanie consider Bernie Kuntz as ideal for her as her mother does?
6. When Stephanie questions Lula and Jackie in Chapter 7, is she a convincing liar?
7. How does Mrs. Morelli humiliate Stephanie in Chapter 5?
8. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
9. What feelings does seeing Morelli again stir in Stephanie?
10. Why does Vincent Plum laugh when Stephanie asks him for an advance on the bounty for Morelli?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Stephanie's FTAs: Clarence Sampson, Lonnie Dodd, William Earling, and Joe Morelli. Compare and contrast these fugitives and discuss how Stephanie manages to capture each one in the end. Cite examples from the text to support your case.
Essay Topic 2
Food and Stephanie's love for it is a continuing motif throughout One for the Money. Cite 3 examples of the use of this motif and discuss what it symbolizes in the story, what it reveals about the character of Stephanie, and how it helps establish one of the story's themes.
Essay Topic 3
A number of characters in One for the Money are foils for or opposites of each other in some way. Select two of the following pairs of characters and discus how they are foils for each other. Cite examples from the text to support your case.
a) Helen Plum and Grandma Mazur.
b) Ranger and Stephanie Plum.
c) Bernie Kuntz and Joe Morelli.
d) Eddie Gazarra and Joe Morelli.
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)