Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephanie was just six years old, what game does Morelli lure her into his father's garage to play?
2. What does Stephanie discover when she visits The Step In, the bar where Carmen Sanchez works?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what does Stephanie witness Mooch Morelli doing?
4. What does Stephanie do when she spots Joe Morelli for the first time after three years of not hearing from him?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stark Street?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Ranger agrees to help Stephanie?
2. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
3. What factors make Stephanie ill-suited for bounty hunting?
4. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
5. Explain how Stephanie goes to the Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company to apply for the position of file clerk yet ends up getting hired as a bounty hunter.
6. When Stephanie questions Lula and Jackie in Chapter 7, is she a convincing liar?
7. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
8. Explain Stephanie's encounter with Lula in Chapter 10.
9. How does Mrs. Morelli humiliate Stephanie in Chapter 5?
10. Describe Stark Street.
The three bounty hunters in One for the Money are Stephanie Plum, Ranger, and Morty Beyers. Compare and contrast these three characters as fugitive apprehension agents. Cite examples from the book to discuss the mistakes they each make and to discuss how Stephanie, the most inexperienced of the three, is the one who manages to locate and bring in Joe Morelli.
A number of characters in One for the Money are foils for or opposites of each other in some way. Select two of the following pairs of characters and discus how they are foils for each other. Cite examples from the text to support your case.
a) Helen Plum and Grandma Mazur.
b) Ranger and Stephanie Plum.
c) Bernie Kuntz and Joe Morelli.
d) Eddie Gazarra and Joe Morelli.
Discuss the female characters in One for the Money. Compare and contrast Lula, Connie Rosolli, Grandma Mazur, Helen Plum, and Stephanie Plum. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)