|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Carmen Sanchez been since Ziggy Kulesza's murder?
2. Back at the bail bonds office, what does Stephanie confide to Connie Rosolli after her encounter with Joe Morelli?
3. To Stephanie's horror, what does Joe Morelli fail to do before leaving her apartment?
4. Where does Ranger advise Stephanie to go in Chapter 7 to have Joe Morelli's jeep fitted with the device she wants to install in it?
5. What happens when Grandma Mazur pretends to fire Stephanie's gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the way Stephanie stakes out Joe Morelli's apartment in Chapter 2 indicate about Stephanie?
2. Why does Vincent Plum laugh when Stephanie asks him for an advance on the bounty for Morelli?
3. Is Stephanie in real danger from Benito Ramirez, or is the danger primarily in her imagination?
4. When Ranger joins Stephanie in Chapter 5 to search Morelli's apartment, how does he fit or not fit the image Stephanie has of him as a bounty hunter?
5. Explain Eddie Gazarra's version of what happened the night Ziggy Kulesza was shot.
6. Describe Stephanie Plum.
7. What is Stephanie's financial situation as the book opens?
8. What feelings does Stephanie have once she learns that Joe Morelli is the fugitive she has to pursue?
9. Describe Stark Street.
10. Why does Stephanie call Ranger for assistance instead of her father or the authorities when Morelli handcuffs her to a curtain rod?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One for the Money contains numerous subplots. Cite 3 examples of subplots in the book, explain how they each contribute to the main plot, and discuss what additional role or roles they serve in the story.
Essay Topic 2
One for the Money features three antagonists: Joe Morelli, Benito Ramirez, and Jimmy Alpha.
Part 1) Compare and contrast these three characters. How are they alike and how are they different?
Part 2) Discuss whether the type of conflict each antagonist provides is primarily physical (external) or emotional (internal), or whether the character provides an equal mixture of both kinds of conflict. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Part 3) Which antagonist do you think poses the most physical and emotional risk to Stephanie? Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
One for the Money blends elements of mystery, comedy, and romance. It also borrows some elements from Gothic novels. Discuss the mixture of genres in the book and cite examples from the text to show the influence of each genre on the elements of the story. Explain how the story might change if you removed the comedy and the romance subplot.
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)