|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While transporting Clarence Sampson to the police department in Joe Morelli's Jeep, who does Stephanie pass on the street?
2. What does Stephanie threaten to do in order to get a job in Chapter 1?
3. To where does the person Stephanie follows in Chapter 2 lead her?
4. Once Stephanie discovers Joe Morelli at his hideout in Chapter 2, why doesn't she immediately apprehend him and turn him in for the bounty she can earn?
5. What does Grandma Mazur retrieve from Stephanie's purse during dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephanie call Ranger for assistance instead of her father or the authorities when Morelli handcuffs her to a curtain rod?
2. Describe Ranger.
3. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
4. How does the Plum family dinner in Chapter 4 contribute to the atmosphere of escalating danger in the book?
5. Describe Stephanie Plum.
6. Why does Vincent Plum laugh when Stephanie asks him for an advance on the bounty for Morelli?
7. What is Stephanie's financial situation as the book opens?
8. How does Mrs. Morelli humiliate Stephanie in Chapter 5?
9. What feelings does Stephanie have once she learns that Joe Morelli is the fugitive she has to pursue?
10. Why doesn't Stephanie consider Bernie Kuntz as ideal for her as her mother does?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing occurs numerous times in One for the Money. Cite 3 examples of foreshadowing in the novel and explain how this technique is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 2
The setting of The Burg in One for the Money serves an important role in the story. It helps define Stephanie and the other characters in the book, helps shape the plot, and helps establish the story's theme. Discuss how the story would change if the setting changed to one of the following locations and explain how the new setting would alter Stephanie and the other characters, the plot, and the story's theme (Los Angeles, Honolulu, Las Vegas, or your own city).
Essay Topic 3
Food and Stephanie's love for it is a continuing motif throughout One for the Money. Cite 3 examples of the use of this motif and discuss what it symbolizes in the story, what it reveals about the character of Stephanie, and how it helps establish one of the story's themes.
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)