|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Joe Morelli and Stephanie the night before Morelli goes into the Navy?
2. What does Stephanie discover when she visits The Step In, the bar where Carmen Sanchez works?
3. From where does Grandma Mazur say she has learned how to operate a revolver?
4. What makes it clear that Jackie and Lula don't believe Stephanie's lie about her relationship with Joe Morelli?
5. What happens at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 7 when Stephanie threatens to call the police if Benito Ramirez isn't kept away from her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Stephanie consider Bernie Kuntz as ideal for her as her mother does?
2. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
3. When Stephanie questions Lula and Jackie in Chapter 7, is she a convincing liar?
4. What is Stephanie's financial situation as the book opens?
5. Why do you think Ranger agrees to help Stephanie?
6. Explain how Stephanie goes to the Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company to apply for the position of file clerk yet ends up getting hired as a bounty hunter.
7. Explain Eddie Gazarra's relationship to Stephanie Plum.
8. What does Stephanie learn about Kulesza when she questions potential witnesses at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 4?
9. Why does Stephanie want to install a security system in Morelli's Jeep, a Jeep that doesn't belong to her?
10. Describe Stephanie's family.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One for the Money blends elements of mystery, comedy, and romance. It also borrows some elements from Gothic novels. Discuss the mixture of genres in the book and cite examples from the text to show the influence of each genre on the elements of the story. Explain how the story might change if you removed the comedy and the romance subplot.
Essay Topic 2
Although primarily a mystery, One for the Money contains some humorous scenes and characters. Cite 3 examples of humor in the book and discuss the techniques the author uses to establish the comedic tone.
Essay Topic 3
The three bounty hunters in One for the Money are Stephanie Plum, Ranger, and Morty Beyers. Compare and contrast these three characters as fugitive apprehension agents. Cite examples from the book to discuss the mistakes they each make and to discuss how Stephanie, the most inexperienced of the three, is the one who manages to locate and bring in Joe Morelli.
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)