|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stephanie go to have dinner at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. From where does Grandma Mazur say she has learned how to operate a revolver?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what does Stephanie witness Mooch Morelli doing?
4. What happens when Stephanie interviews Benito Ramirez at the Stark Street Gym?
5. What does Stephanie threaten to do in order to get a job in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Morelli humiliate Stephanie in Chapter 5?
2. What actions in Chapter 6 indicate that Joe Morelli is better at surveillance and apprehension than Stephanie?
3. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
4. Is it realistic for Stephanie to think she can visit Stark Street and avoid Ramirez?
5. What does Stephanie learn about Kulesza when she questions potential witnesses at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 4?
6. What is Stephanie's history with Joe Morelli?
7. Why doesn't Stephanie consider Bernie Kuntz as ideal for her as her mother does?
8. Why does Stephanie call Ranger for assistance instead of her father or the authorities when Morelli handcuffs her to a curtain rod?
9. What factors make Ranger better suited for bounty hunting than Stephanie?
10. Describe the Stark Street Gym.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Stephanie Plum and Joe Morelli. Tell how they are alike and how they are different, explain how they move from having opposite goals at the beginning of the book to sharing a goal by the end of the book, and discuss whether or not you think they love each other. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza never appear onstage in One for the Money, yet both are a vital part of the story. The missing witness, later identified as Louis, only appears onstage at the end of the book. Discuss the techniques the author uses to depict these three characters.
Essay Topic 3
Stephanie Plum loves her family but they often prove a source of embarrassment to her. Choose 3 of these characters and compare and contrast them, explain what role(s) they play in the novel, and discuss how they influence Stephanie (Helen Plum, Frank Plum, Grandma Mazur, Vincent Plum, Valerie).
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)