|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ranger's ethnic background?
2. Who nearly has a coronary upon seeing what Grandma Mazur pulls from Stephanie's purse?
3. Where does Stephanie go at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Which of the following potential witnesses at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building is missing just like Carmen is?
5. Who is the neighborhood bad boy that Stephanie reminisces about in the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
3. What does Jimmy Alpha reveal to Stephanie about himself at the end of Chapter 13?
4. Describe Stephanie Plum.
5. What feelings does seeing Morelli again stir in Stephanie?
6. Who is Louis?
7. Why does Vincent Plum laugh when Stephanie asks him for an advance on the bounty for Morelli?
8. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
9. Why does Stephanie call Ranger for assistance instead of her father or the authorities when Morelli handcuffs her to a curtain rod?
10. When Stephanie encounters Morelli in the fast food restaurant parking lot in Chapter 8, is she afraid of him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the female characters in One for the Money. Compare and contrast Lula, Connie Rosolli, Grandma Mazur, Helen Plum, and Stephanie Plum. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Although primarily a mystery, One for the Money contains some humorous scenes and characters. Cite 3 examples of humor in the book and discuss the techniques the author uses to establish the comedic tone.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what you think the major and minor themes in One for the Money are. Cite examples from the book to support your case.
This section contains 1,998 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)