|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ranger advise Stephanie to go in Chapter 7 to have Joe Morelli's jeep fitted with the device she wants to install in it?
2. What is Benito Ramirez's trademark?
3. Where do Stephanie and Ranger meet?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 5, who does Stephanie call in as reinforcement when she goes to Joe Morelli's apartment to snoop around?
5. Which of the following statements does NOT describe who Eddie Gazarra is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe Morelli's rescue of Stephanie at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 3 indicate?
2. What does the vandalism of Stephanie's Nova on Stark Street symbolize?
3. Explain Eddie Gazarra's version of what happened the night Ziggy Kulesza was shot.
4. When Ranger joins Stephanie in Chapter 5 to search Morelli's apartment, how does he fit or not fit the image Stephanie has of him as a bounty hunter?
5. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
6. What factors make Ranger better suited for bounty hunting than Stephanie?
7. What is Stephanie's financial situation as the book opens?
8. When Stephanie questions Lula and Jackie in Chapter 7, is she a convincing liar?
9. What factors make Stephanie ill-suited for bounty hunting?
10. Why does Vincent Plum laugh when Stephanie asks him for an advance on the bounty for Morelli?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The three bounty hunters in One for the Money are Stephanie Plum, Ranger, and Morty Beyers. Compare and contrast these three characters as fugitive apprehension agents. Cite examples from the book to discuss the mistakes they each make and to discuss how Stephanie, the most inexperienced of the three, is the one who manages to locate and bring in Joe Morelli.
Essay Topic 2
The setting of The Burg in One for the Money serves an important role in the story. It helps define Stephanie and the other characters in the book, helps shape the plot, and helps establish the story's theme. Discuss how the story would change if the setting changed to one of the following locations and explain how the new setting would alter Stephanie and the other characters, the plot, and the story's theme (Los Angeles, Honolulu, Las Vegas, or your own city).
Essay Topic 3
Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza never appear onstage in One for the Money, yet both are a vital part of the story. The missing witness, later identified as Louis, only appears onstage at the end of the book. Discuss the techniques the author uses to depict these three characters.
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)