|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephanie find Benito Ramirez's home address?
2. Which of the following statements does NOT describe who Eddie Gazarra is?
3. Where does Stephanie go to have dinner at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. How does Stephanie defend herself from her attacker in Chapter 3?
5. Where is Ziggy Kulesza killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Stephanie questions Lula and Jackie in Chapter 7, is she a convincing liar?
2. What feelings does Stephanie have once she learns that Joe Morelli is the fugitive she has to pursue?
3. Explain Eddie Gazarra's relationship to Stephanie Plum.
4. Describe the Stark Street Gym.
5. What does Joe Morelli's rescue of Stephanie at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 3 indicate?
6. Why doesn't Stephanie consider Bernie Kuntz as ideal for her as her mother does?
7. What does the way Stephanie stakes out Joe Morelli's apartment in Chapter 2 indicate about Stephanie?
8. What factors make Ranger better suited for bounty hunting than Stephanie?
9. Why does Stephanie want to install a security system in Morelli's Jeep, a Jeep that doesn't belong to her?
10. Describe Stephanie Plum.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cars and Stephanie's lack of one, or trouble with one, is a continuing motif throughout One for the Money.
Part 1) Discuss the meaning of the Miata, the Nova, and the Jeep Cherokee as well as the significance of Stephanie's lack of a car when she is apprehending William Earling.
Part 2) Indicate whether you believe the vehicles and the incident of Stephanie lacking a vehicle each symbolizes the same thing or if they each symbolize something different.
Part 3)Discuss what function these symbols serve in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Stephanie Plum and Joe Morelli. Tell how they are alike and how they are different, explain how they move from having opposite goals at the beginning of the book to sharing a goal by the end of the book, and discuss whether or not you think they love each other. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing occurs numerous times in One for the Money. Cite 3 examples of foreshadowing in the novel and explain how this technique is used to indicate events to come.
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)