Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephanie was just six years old, what game does Morelli lure her into his father's garage to play?
2. What does Stephanie discover when she visits The Step In, the bar where Carmen Sanchez works?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what does Stephanie witness Mooch Morelli doing?
4. What does Stephanie do when she spots Joe Morelli for the first time after three years of not hearing from him?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stark Street?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Ranger agrees to help Stephanie?
2. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
3. What factors make Stephanie ill-suited for bounty hunting?
4. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
5. Explain how Stephanie goes to the Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company to apply for the position of file clerk yet ends up getting hired as a bounty hunter.
6. When Stephanie questions Lula and Jackie in Chapter 7, is she a convincing liar?
7. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
8. Explain Stephanie's encounter with Lula in Chapter 10.
9. How does Mrs. Morelli humiliate Stephanie in Chapter 5?
10. Describe Stark Street.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Stephanie Plum and Joe Morelli. Tell how they are alike and how they are different, explain how they move from having opposite goals at the beginning of the book to sharing a goal by the end of the book, and discuss whether or not you think they love each other. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Stephanie Plum loves her family but they often prove a source of embarrassment to her. Choose 3 of these characters and compare and contrast them, explain what role(s) they play in the novel, and discuss how they influence Stephanie (Helen Plum, Frank Plum, Grandma Mazur, Vincent Plum, Valerie).
Essay Topic 3
A confidante is a character who lends the protagonist of a story a listening ear and offers advice and assistance. Ranger, Connie Rosolli, and Eddie Gazarra serve as confidantes to Stephanie Plum throughout One for the Money.
Part 1) Compare and contrast all three characters, showing how they are alike and how they are different.
Part 2) What do you think would change if these characters did not exist in the story? Use events from the text where they advised or otherwise assisted Stephanie and had an impact on her and her situation.
Part 3) Which of the three confidantes do you think is most indispensable to the story? Cite several examples from the book to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)