|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephanie was just six years old, what game does Morelli lure her into his father's garage to play?
2. What does Stephanie discover when she visits The Step In, the bar where Carmen Sanchez works?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what does Stephanie witness Mooch Morelli doing?
4. What does Stephanie do when she spots Joe Morelli for the first time after three years of not hearing from him?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stark Street?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Ranger agrees to help Stephanie?
2. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
3. What factors make Stephanie ill-suited for bounty hunting?
4. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
5. Explain how Stephanie goes to the Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company to apply for the position of file clerk yet ends up getting hired as a bounty hunter.
6. When Stephanie questions Lula and Jackie in Chapter 7, is she a convincing liar?
7. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
8. Explain Stephanie's encounter with Lula in Chapter 10.
9. How does Mrs. Morelli humiliate Stephanie in Chapter 5?
10. Describe Stark Street.
Essay Topic 1
One for the Money contains numerous subplots. Cite 3 examples of subplots in the book, explain how they each contribute to the main plot, and discuss what additional role or roles they serve in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing occurs numerous times in One for the Money. Cite 3 examples of foreshadowing in the novel and explain how this technique is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 3
One for the Money is a popular and bestselling novel. Discuss what factors in the novel you think have made it a bestseller. Cite examples from the book to support your case.
This section contains 2,203 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)