|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ranger's ethnic background?
2. Where is Ziggy Kulesza killed?
3. Who does Stephanie's father suggest that she ask about a job as a file clerk?
4. How does Stephanie figure out which apartment is Joe Morelli's hideout?
5. Which of the following statements does NOT describe who Eddie Gazarra is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Stephanie goes to the Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company to apply for the position of file clerk yet ends up getting hired as a bounty hunter.
2. Is it realistic for Stephanie to think she can visit Stark Street and avoid Ramirez?
3. What is Stephanie's financial situation as the book opens?
4. Describe Stephanie Plum.
5. What actions in Chapter 6 indicate that Joe Morelli is better at surveillance and apprehension than Stephanie?
6. When Ranger joins Stephanie in Chapter 5 to search Morelli's apartment, how does he fit or not fit the image Stephanie has of him as a bounty hunter?
7. What does Stephanie learn about Kulesza when she questions potential witnesses at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 4?
8. Describe Stark Street.
9. Do you think Stephanie's prowess as a bounty hunter has improved by the end of Chapter 5?
10. What is Stephanie's history with Joe Morelli?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what you think the major and minor themes in One for the Money are. Cite examples from the book to support your case.
Essay Topic 2
Although primarily a mystery, One for the Money contains some humorous scenes and characters. Cite 3 examples of humor in the book and discuss the techniques the author uses to establish the comedic tone.
Essay Topic 3
One for the Money is a popular and bestselling novel. Discuss what factors in the novel you think have made it a bestseller. Cite examples from the book to support your case.
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)