|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following potential witnesses at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building is missing just like Carmen is?
2. Which of the following sentences is NOT true about Ranger?
3. Where does Stephanie go at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What does Eddie Gazarra tell Stephanie that the entire police department is running a pool regarding?
5. Where does Stephanie work after school when she is 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Stephanie's history with Joe Morelli?
2. Why do you think Ranger agrees to help Stephanie?
3. Describe the Stark Street Gym.
4. Do you think Stephanie's prowess as a bounty hunter has improved by the end of Chapter 5?
5. What does Stephanie learn about Kulesza when she questions potential witnesses at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Vincent Plum laugh when Stephanie asks him for an advance on the bounty for Morelli?
7. What factors make Stephanie ill-suited for bounty hunting?
8. When Ranger joins Stephanie in Chapter 5 to search Morelli's apartment, how does he fit or not fit the image Stephanie has of him as a bounty hunter?
9. Why doesn't Stephanie consider Bernie Kuntz as ideal for her as her mother does?
10. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One for the Money contains numerous subplots. Cite 3 examples of subplots in the book, explain how they each contribute to the main plot, and discuss what additional role or roles they serve in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Stephanie Plum loves her family but they often prove a source of embarrassment to her. Choose 3 of these characters and compare and contrast them, explain what role(s) they play in the novel, and discuss how they influence Stephanie (Helen Plum, Frank Plum, Grandma Mazur, Vincent Plum, Valerie).
Essay Topic 3
Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza never appear onstage in One for the Money, yet both are a vital part of the story. The missing witness, later identified as Louis, only appears onstage at the end of the book. Discuss the techniques the author uses to depict these three characters.
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)