|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephanie was just six years old, what game does Morelli lure her into his father's garage to play?
2. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street in Chapter 7?
3. Who does the man who wants to speak with Stephanie on Stark Street in Chapter 7 manage?
4. Who is Harry the Hammer?
5. What happens when Stephanie interviews Benito Ramirez at the Stark Street Gym?
Short Essay Questions
1. What feelings does seeing Morelli again stir in Stephanie?
2. Describe the Stark Street Gym.
3. What does the way Stephanie stakes out Joe Morelli's apartment in Chapter 2 indicate about Stephanie?
4. Why does Stephanie call Ranger for assistance instead of her father or the authorities when Morelli handcuffs her to a curtain rod?
5. Explain Eddie Gazarra's version of what happened the night Ziggy Kulesza was shot.
6. What factors make Stephanie ill-suited for bounty hunting?
7. How does the Plum family dinner in Chapter 4 contribute to the atmosphere of escalating danger in the book?
8. Why doesn't Stephanie consider Bernie Kuntz as ideal for her as her mother does?
9. Why does Stephanie want to install a security system in Morelli's Jeep, a Jeep that doesn't belong to her?
10. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One for the Money contains numerous subplots. Cite 3 examples of subplots in the book, explain how they each contribute to the main plot, and discuss what additional role or roles they serve in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza never appear onstage in One for the Money, yet both are a vital part of the story. The missing witness, later identified as Louis, only appears onstage at the end of the book. Discuss the techniques the author uses to depict these three characters.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Morelli and Plum families and discuss how the Morellis influence Joe and how the Plums influence Stephanie. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)