Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephanie was just six years old, what game does Morelli lure her into his father's garage to play?
2. What does Stephanie discover when she visits The Step In, the bar where Carmen Sanchez works?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what does Stephanie witness Mooch Morelli doing?
4. What does Stephanie do when she spots Joe Morelli for the first time after three years of not hearing from him?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stark Street?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Ranger agrees to help Stephanie?
2. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
3. What factors make Stephanie ill-suited for bounty hunting?
4. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
5. Explain how Stephanie goes to the Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company to apply for the position of file clerk yet ends up getting hired as a bounty hunter.
6. When Stephanie questions Lula and Jackie in Chapter 7, is she a convincing liar?
7. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
8. Explain Stephanie's encounter with Lula in Chapter 10.
9. How does Mrs. Morelli humiliate Stephanie in Chapter 5?
10. Describe Stark Street.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the female characters in One for the Money. Compare and contrast Lula, Connie Rosolli, Grandma Mazur, Helen Plum, and Stephanie Plum. Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Stephanie Plum and Joe Morelli. Tell how they are alike and how they are different, explain how they move from having opposite goals at the beginning of the book to sharing a goal by the end of the book, and discuss whether or not you think they love each other. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
One for the Money blends elements of mystery, comedy, and romance. It also borrows some elements from Gothic novels. Discuss the mixture of genres in the book and cite examples from the text to show the influence of each genre on the elements of the story. Explain how the story might change if you removed the comedy and the romance subplot.
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)