|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie do when she spots the keys to Joe Morelli's Jeep Cherokee?
2. Who does Stephanie call instead of the police, the fire department, or her parents to assist her in freeing herself from the way Joe Morelli leaves her after searching her apartment?
3. Where does Stephanie inadvertently leave the item she removes from Morelli's Jeep?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's encounter with Joe Morelli in Chapter 3?
5. What happens between Joe Morelli and Stephanie the night before Morelli goes into the Navy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephanie want to install a security system in Morelli's Jeep, a Jeep that doesn't belong to her?
2. What does Stephanie learn about Kulesza when she questions potential witnesses at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 4?
3. Do you think Stephanie's prowess as a bounty hunter has improved by the end of Chapter 5?
4. What is Stephanie's history with Joe Morelli?
5. When Ranger joins Stephanie in Chapter 5 to search Morelli's apartment, how does he fit or not fit the image Stephanie has of him as a bounty hunter?
6. Describe Stark Street.
7. Describe the Stark Street Gym.
8. Why do you think Ranger agrees to help Stephanie?
9. Explain Eddie Gazarra's version of what happened the night Ziggy Kulesza was shot.
10. Why does Vincent Plum laugh when Stephanie asks him for an advance on the bounty for Morelli?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One for the Money is a popular and bestselling novel. Discuss what factors in the novel you think have made it a bestseller. Cite examples from the book to support your case.
Essay Topic 2
A confidante is a character who lends the protagonist of a story a listening ear and offers advice and assistance. Ranger, Connie Rosolli, and Eddie Gazarra serve as confidantes to Stephanie Plum throughout One for the Money.
Part 1) Compare and contrast all three characters, showing how they are alike and how they are different.
Part 2) What do you think would change if these characters did not exist in the story? Use events from the text where they advised or otherwise assisted Stephanie and had an impact on her and her situation.
Part 3) Which of the three confidantes do you think is most indispensable to the story? Cite several examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing occurs numerous times in One for the Money. Cite 3 examples of foreshadowing in the novel and explain how this technique is used to indicate events to come.
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)