|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While still at the gas station where she tries to contact Joe Morelli, what does Stephanie see?
(a) Her mother and grandmother.
(b) Benito Ramirez's Porsche heading to and from the marina.
(c) A police squad car staking her out.
(d) Carmen Sanchez's Toyota.
2. Which of the following statements does NOT describe the new FTA that Connie Rosolli assigns Stephanie in Chapter 12?
(a) He is an arsonist.
(b) He is 76 years old.
(c) He lives in Stephanie's apartment building.
(d) He is an exhibitionist.
3. How does Stephanie reach Joe Morelli to tell him about Louis in Chapter 13?
(a) She emails him.
(b) She dials his cell phone.
(c) She stops at a gas station to call her own number and leave a message for him on her bugged answering machine.
(d) She faxes him.
4. What happens to Ranger when he enters Lonnie Dodd's home?
(a) He breaks a leg during a scuffle with Dodd.
(b) Dodd shoots him in the leg with Stephanie's gun.
(c) He suffers an asthma attack and lets Dodd get away.
(d) Dodd overpowers him and knocks him unconscious.
5. When Stephanie leaves Joe Morelli's Jeep to stretch during a time she is supposed to remain locked inside it staking out Stark Street, who does she encounter?
(a) Jimmy Alpha.
(b) Carmen Sanchez.
(c) Benito Ramirez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe Morelli surmise has happened to Carmen Sanchez?
2. What does Stephanie do when she receives the call about her present?
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the deal Joe Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10?
4. How is Stephanie at the beginning of Chapter 14?
5. How does Stephanie respond to what Joe Morelli does with the keys to his Jeep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Stephanie rule out as being responsible for the bomb and to what does she think it's related?
2. Why does Ranger think it's partly his fault that he gets shot in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Stephanie accept only a small portion of the reward for Lonnie Dodd's capture?
4. When the car alarm goes off as he tries to enter his Jeep, what does Morelli tell Stephanie he will do once the Kulesza case is over?
5. Does Stephanie finally learn to use her gun by the end of the book?
6. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
7. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
8. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
9. Who triggers the alarm system on Morelli's Jeep in Chapter 12, and what happens when he tries to start the Jeep?
10. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)