|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe Morelli reply at the end of the book when Stephanie tells him he's scum?
(a) He denies that he is.
(b) He admits that he is.
(c) He grins.
(d) He says it might be true but he gives good . . . pizza.
2. Who helps Stephanie retrieve her Nova that is parked on Route 1 in Chapter 12?
(a) Connie Rosolli.
(b) Joe Morelli.
(c) Her father, Frank Plum.
(d) Vincent Plum.
3. Which of the following statements does NOT describe the new FTA that Connie Rosolli assigns Stephanie in Chapter 12?
(a) He is an arsonist.
(b) He is an exhibitionist.
(c) He lives in Stephanie's apartment building.
(d) He is 76 years old.
4. What disguise does Stephanie adopt to try to lure Benito Ramirez out into the open?
(a) She dresses like a tramp.
(b) She dresses like Grandma Mazur.
(c) She dresses like a cop.
(d) She dresses like a nurse.
5. What do the police do with the evidence they gather about Ramirez while at Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 10?
(a) They tell Stephanie it proves nothing.
(b) They destroy it.
(c) They accuse Stephanie of planting it.
(d) They take the answering machine tape and go in search of Ramirez.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Stephanie horrified when Morelli apologizes?
2. How does Stephanie respond to what Joe Morelli does with the keys to his Jeep?
3. When the car alarm in Joe Morelli's Jeep wakens Stephanie, who is trying to commandeer the vehicle that she has already commandeered?
4. Who is Louis?
5. What does Stephanie suggest that Joe Morelli do once they make the gruesome discovery in the refrigeration truck in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Stephanie and Morelli find in the back of the refrigeration truck at the marina?
2. Why does Ranger think it's partly his fault that he gets shot in Chapter 8?
3. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
4. What effect do Ramirez's phone calls in Chapter 9 have on Stephanie?
5. Who does Stephanie blame for her sexual encounter with Morelli at Tasty Pastry when she is just 16?
6. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
7. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
8. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
9. What does Morelli tell Stephanie about Ramirez in Chapter 10?
10. What theory does Stephanie give Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about the events of the night of Ziggy Kulesza's shooting?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)