|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stephanie hides out inside Joe Morelli's Jeep in front of the gym on Stark Street in Chapter 11, which of the following is NOT part of the theory she gives Jimmy Alpha about Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza?
(a) Ziggy got shot, Carmen and the mystery man disappeared, and Morelli took the rap.
(b) Ramirez hurt Carmen and sent Ziggy to to keep her quiet.
(c) Carmen shot Ziggy.
(d) Morelli walked in and foiled the plan.
2. What happens to Jimmy Alpha after he attempts to kill Stephanie?
(a) He escaped and is on the run.
(b) He killed himself to avoid jail.
(c) He was taken to the hospital and then to jail.
(d) He died after Stephanie shot him.
3. What does Joe Morelli surmise has happened to Carmen Sanchez?
(a) He thinks she's dead.
(b) He thinks she's hiding out in Trenton.
(c) He thinks she's being held prisoner by Benito Ramirez.
(d) He thinks she's fled the country.
4. What is in the back of the refrigeration truck in Chapter 13?
(a) The gun Kulesza was carrying when he shot Morelli.
(b) Heroin and the bodies of Sal, Louis, & Carmen.
(c) Carmen Sanchez, alive and well.
(d) A briefcase filled with money.
5. Who helps Stephanie retrieve her Nova that is parked on Route 1 in Chapter 12?
(a) Joe Morelli.
(b) Vincent Plum.
(c) Connie Rosolli.
(d) Her father, Frank Plum.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Joe Morelli apologize at the end of the book?
2. Why does Stephanie visit Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 9?
3. How is Stephanie at the beginning of Chapter 14?
4. What do the police do with the evidence they gather about Ramirez while at Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 10?
5. What does Ramirez claim that the item he sends to Stephanie will show her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ranger think it's partly his fault that he gets shot in Chapter 8?
2. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
3. Why does Stephanie accept only a small portion of the reward for Lonnie Dodd's capture?
4. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
5. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
6. Who does Stephanie rule out as being responsible for the bomb and to what does she think it's related?
7. What advice does Eddie Gazarra give Stephanie at the end of Chapter 9 when she tells him about her latest encounters with Ramirez?
8. What is John Kuzak's importance in the Kulesza case?
9. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
10. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)