|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Morty Beyers start going door to door in Stephanie's neighborhood showing pictures of Joe Morelli and asking questions about the fugitive cop?
(a) Myers spots Morelli's Jeep and blue van near Stephanie's apartment.
(b) Myers knows Stephanie is in lust if not love with Morelli.
(c) Myers thinks he sees Morelli running around the corner.
(d) Myers smells Morelli's cologne in Stephanie's apartment.
2. Who does Stephanie spot while visiting Sal Bocha's butcher shop?
(a) Benito Ramirez.
(b) A man fitting the description of the mystery witness.
(c) Jimmy Alpha.
(d) Carmen Sanchez.
3. Who helps Stephanie retrieve her Nova that is parked on Route 1 in Chapter 12?
(a) Joe Morelli.
(b) Connie Rosolli.
(c) Vincent Plum.
(d) Her father, Frank Plum.
4. What happens to Jimmy Alpha after he attempts to kill Stephanie?
(a) He escaped and is on the run.
(b) He died after Stephanie shot him.
(c) He killed himself to avoid jail.
(d) He was taken to the hospital and then to jail.
5. Why does Stephanie go to Kuntz Appliances in Chapter 12?
(a) She wants another date with Bernie Kuntz.
(b) She thinks Bernie Kuntz knows where Carmen Sanchez is.
(c) She wants to buy a blender that's on sale.
(d) Her mother needs a new refrigerator.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephanie confronts Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about Benito Ramirez, how does Alpha respond?
2. What happens to Joe Morelli's Jeep when Stephanie drives it to a convenience store in Chapter 12?
3. What do the police do with the evidence they gather about Ramirez while at Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 10?
4. How does Stephanie reach Joe Morelli to tell him about Louis in Chapter 13?
5. Where does Stephanie encounter Joe Morelli at the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Stephanie blame for her sexual encounter with Morelli at Tasty Pastry when she is just 16?
2. Why does Ranger think it's partly his fault that he gets shot in Chapter 8?
3. How is Joe Morelli cleared in the Kulesza shooting by the end of the book?
4. Who triggers the alarm system on Morelli's Jeep in Chapter 12, and what happens when he tries to start the Jeep?
5. Explain the deal that Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10.
6. Explain Stephanie's encounter with Lula in Chapter 10.
7. When the car alarm goes off as he tries to enter his Jeep, what does Morelli tell Stephanie he will do once the Kulesza case is over?
8. Who does Stephanie rule out as being responsible for the bomb and to what does she think it's related?
9. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
10. What does Stephanie theorize when she sees the butcher cleaning his shop windows at the end of Chapter 12?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)