|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the incident at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 9?
(a) Stephanie finds a dead body in Carmen's apartment.
(b) Witnesses saw a refrigeration truck behind the building.
(c) A plan to eliminate the remaining witnesses to the Kulesza shooting is escalating.
(d) The burned apartment's tenant was not hurt.
2. What makes Morty Beyers start going door to door in Stephanie's neighborhood showing pictures of Joe Morelli and asking questions about the fugitive cop?
(a) Myers smells Morelli's cologne in Stephanie's apartment.
(b) Myers thinks he sees Morelli running around the corner.
(c) Myers knows Stephanie is in lust if not love with Morelli.
(d) Myers spots Morelli's Jeep and blue van near Stephanie's apartment.
3. When Jimmy Alpha tells Stephanie that he has spoken with Benito Ramirez and asks Stephanie to stay away from Stark Street for a while, how does Stephanie respond?
(a) She agrees to keep away.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She tells Alpha to stay away from Stark Street himself.
(d) She flees in terror.
4. While still at the gas station where she tries to contact Joe Morelli, what does Stephanie see?
(a) Her mother and grandmother.
(b) Benito Ramirez's Porsche heading to and from the marina.
(c) A police squad car staking her out.
(d) Carmen Sanchez's Toyota.
5. Once Stephanie and Joe Morelli begin to work together, how does Morelli plan to gather information and know when to come to Stephanie's rescue if necessary?
(a) He hides in her closet, ready to rush out if needed.
(b) He plants bugs in her apartment and puts a wire on her.
(c) He plans to watch her through binoculars.
(d) He will disguise himself and pretend to be a female friend of Stephanie's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lonnie Dodd?
2. Why does Stephanie go to Kuntz Appliances in Chapter 12?
3. While the cops are still on the scene, who calls Stephanie to ask if she likes her "present"?
4. In Chapter 9, who does Stephanie question on a street corner about Joe, Carmen, and Ramirez?
5. Upon arriving at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building, what does Stephanie notice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Eddie Gazarra give Stephanie at the end of Chapter 9 when she tells him about her latest encounters with Ramirez?
2. Does Lonnie Dodd respect Stephanie as a bounty hunter?
3. Who does Stephanie rule out as being responsible for the bomb and to what does she think it's related?
4. What effect do Ramirez's phone calls in Chapter 9 have on Stephanie?
5. Does Stephanie finally learn to use her gun by the end of the book?
6. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
7. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
8. What is John Kuzak's importance in the Kulesza case?
9. When the car alarm goes off as he tries to enter his Jeep, what does Morelli tell Stephanie he will do once the Kulesza case is over?
10. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)