|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stephanie confronts Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about Benito Ramirez, how does Alpha respond?
(a) He pulls a gun on her.
(b) He defends Ramirez.
(c) He cries.
(d) He runs away from her.
2. When the would-be thief starts the engine of Joe Morelli's Jeep, what happens?
(a) It explodes in a bright yellow firebomb.
(b) A gunshot pierces the night.
(c) A woman screams.
(d) It won't start.
3. What does Joe Morelli surmise has happened to Carmen Sanchez?
(a) He thinks she's being held prisoner by Benito Ramirez.
(b) He thinks she's hiding out in Trenton.
(c) He thinks she's dead.
(d) He thinks she's fled the country.
4. What damages to Stephanie's appearance from her encounters with Benito Ramirez and the would-be Jeep thief concern Stephanie's mother and grandmother?
(a) A knot on her temple.
(b) A bullet wound.
(c) A cut on her arm.
(d) Facial bruises, singed hair and no eyebrows.
5. In Chapter 12, what reason does Stephanie think someone might have for wanting her dead?
(a) One of Morelli's old girlfriends is insanely jealous.
(b) One of her old boyfriends is insanely jealous of Morelli.
(c) She apprehended the wrong FTA.
(d) She is investigating the Ziggy Kulesza murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephanie go to Stark Street for on Lula's behalf in Chapter 10?
2. How does Stephanie respond in Chapter 11 when she is attacked and given a fat lip?
3. How does Joe Morelli end up in police custody in Chapter 13 for the murder of Ziggy Kulesza?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Lula in Chapter 10?
5. After turning Joe Morelli in, who does Stephanie find pointing a gun at her back at her apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
2. Who does Stephanie rule out as being responsible for the bomb and to what does she think it's related?
3. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
5. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
6. What advice does Eddie Gazarra give Stephanie at the end of Chapter 9 when she tells him about her latest encounters with Ramirez?
7. Does Stephanie finally learn to use her gun by the end of the book?
8. What do Stephanie and Morelli find in the back of the refrigeration truck at the marina?
9. Does Lonnie Dodd respect Stephanie as a bounty hunter?
10. What effect do Ramirez's phone calls in Chapter 9 have on Stephanie?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)