|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Stephanie at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Suffering from a high fever.
(b) Near death after being wounded by Alpha.
(c) Suffering from a nervous breakdown.
(d) Recovering physically but feeling fragile emotionally.
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Lula in Chapter 10?
(a) She survives her surgery but is still in bad shape.
(b) She has lost a lot of blood.
(c) She has surgery.
(d) She doesn't need to stay in the hospital for her injuries.
3. What disguise does Stephanie adopt to try to lure Benito Ramirez out into the open?
(a) She dresses like Grandma Mazur.
(b) She dresses like a cop.
(c) She dresses like a nurse.
(d) She dresses like a tramp.
4. While still at the gas station where she tries to contact Joe Morelli, what does Stephanie see?
(a) A police squad car staking her out.
(b) Carmen Sanchez's Toyota.
(c) Her mother and grandmother.
(d) Benito Ramirez's Porsche heading to and from the marina.
5. Why is Stephanie horrified when Morelli apologizes?
(a) She didn't know about the poem.
(b) She knows she's a lousy bounty hunter.
(c) She thinks he's lying.
(d) She thinks she should apologize to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Joe Morelli and Stephanie determine is the only person who knows the truth about Ziggy Kulesza's murder?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the deal Joe Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10?
3. What is Ranger's strategy for capturing Lonnie Dodd?
4. What makes Morty Beyers start going door to door in Stephanie's neighborhood showing pictures of Joe Morelli and asking questions about the fugitive cop?
5. What does Stephanie tell Joe Morelli about his Jeep when he asks about it at the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
2. Why does Stephanie accept only a small portion of the reward for Lonnie Dodd's capture?
3. What effect do Ramirez's phone calls in Chapter 9 have on Stephanie?
4. What does Morelli tell Stephanie about Ramirez in Chapter 10?
5. Does Lonnie Dodd respect Stephanie as a bounty hunter?
6. What advice does Eddie Gazarra give Stephanie at the end of Chapter 9 when she tells him about her latest encounters with Ramirez?
7. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
8. What does Stephanie theorize when she sees the butcher cleaning his shop windows at the end of Chapter 12?
9. Does Stephanie finally learn to use her gun by the end of the book?
10. Who does Stephanie rule out as being responsible for the bomb and to what does she think it's related?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)