|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 8 when Lonnie Dodd runs out the back door of his home to try to evade capture?
(a) A neighbor's dog attacks him.
(b) Stephanie tackles him.
(c) He trips over his lawn mower and Stephanie captures him.
(d) Ranger shoots him.
2. What does Stephanie find on her fire escape in Chapter 10?
(a) Carmen Sanchez's corpse.
(b) Joe Morelli.
(c) Lula naked, beaten, unconscious, & tied to the fire escape.
(d) A dead dog.
3. During Benito Ramirez's phone call to Stephanie in Chapter 9, what does the woman Ramirez puts on the line do?
(a) She tells Stephanie that Ramirez killed Ziggy.
(b) She speaks in a foreign language that Stephanie doesn't recognize.
(c) She tells Stephanie where Morelli is hiding.
(d) She screams and begs for mercy from Ramirez.
4. Where is Benito Ramirez at the end of the book?
(a) He is in jail without bond.
(b) He is in the hospital.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He has fled the country.
5. How does Joe Morelli reply at the end of the book when Stephanie tells him he's scum?
(a) He admits that he is.
(b) He says it might be true but he gives good . . . pizza.
(c) He grins.
(d) He denies that he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the incident at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 9?
2. When Joe Morelli calls to announce he's coming to visit her, what does Stephanie tuck into the waistband of her shorts?
3. When Stephanie first shows up at Lonnie Dodd's house to apprehend him, what does Dodd do?
4. While still at the gas station where she tries to contact Joe Morelli, what does Stephanie see?
5. What does Stephanie do when she receives the call about her present?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arouses the curiosity of Morty Beyers when he visits Stephanie and makes him start asking Stephanie's neighbors if they've seen Morelli?
2. Explain Stephanie's encounter with Lula in Chapter 10.
3. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
4. What theory does Stephanie give Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about the events of the night of Ziggy Kulesza's shooting?
5. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
6. Why does Ranger think it's partly his fault that he gets shot in Chapter 8?
7. Who is Louis?
8. How is Joe Morelli cleared in the Kulesza shooting by the end of the book?
9. When the car alarm goes off as he tries to enter his Jeep, what does Morelli tell Stephanie he will do once the Kulesza case is over?
10. Explain the deal that Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10.
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)