|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's reaction to Benito Ramirez's initial phone call in Chapter 9?
(a) She refuses to answer when the phone keeps ringing.
(b) She eventually rips the phone jack out of the wall.
(c) Stephanie records the phone call.
(d) Stephanie hangs up the phone.
2. What do Sal and Louis do after Stephanie notices Louis at the butcher shop in Chapter 13?
(a) They shoot Stephanie.
(b) They shoot each other.
(c) They call Ramirez and tell him where Stephanie is.
(d) They drive the refrigeration truck to the marina.
3. How does Stephanie respond in Chapter 11 when she is attacked and given a fat lip?
(a) She tases her attacker.
(b) She uses martial arts to escape.
(c) She kicks her attacker and blasts him with nerve gas.
(d) She screams and faints.
4. What does Stephanie tell Joe Morelli about his Jeep when he asks about it at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) It needs new tires.
(b) She has commandeered it.
(c) It's been stolen by Carmen Sanchez.
(d) She wrecked it.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the person Stephanie finds in her apartment?
(a) Stephanie is not afraid or angry when she sees him.
(b) He has cleaned Lula's blood from Stephanie's home.
(c) He tries to kill Stephanie.
(d) He is cooking dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What damages to Stephanie's appearance from her encounters with Benito Ramirez and the would-be Jeep thief concern Stephanie's mother and grandmother?
2. Why does Joe Morelli leave town until evening at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. Why does Stephanie visit Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 9?
4. When Jimmy Alpha tells Stephanie that he has spoken with Benito Ramirez and asks Stephanie to stay away from Stark Street for a while, how does Stephanie respond?
5. What does Stephanie do with the check Connie Rosolli gives her for capturing Lonnie Dodd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jimmy Alpha reveal to Stephanie about himself at the end of Chapter 13?
2. Describe Stephanie's appearance after the fire in Chapter 12 and Ramirez's attack on her in Chapter 11.
3. What does Morelli tell Stephanie about Ramirez in Chapter 10?
4. What does Stephanie theorize when she sees the butcher cleaning his shop windows at the end of Chapter 12?
5. How is Joe Morelli cleared in the Kulesza shooting by the end of the book?
6. Who triggers the alarm system on Morelli's Jeep in Chapter 12, and what happens when he tries to start the Jeep?
7. Why does Stephanie suspect that Ramirez killed Sal and Louis?
8. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
9. When the car alarm goes off as he tries to enter his Jeep, what does Morelli tell Stephanie he will do once the Kulesza case is over?
10. What advice does Eddie Gazarra give Stephanie at the end of Chapter 9 when she tells him about her latest encounters with Ramirez?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)