|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stephanie respond in Chapter 11 when she is attacked and given a fat lip?
(a) She uses martial arts to escape.
(b) She tases her attacker.
(c) She kicks her attacker and blasts him with nerve gas.
(d) She screams and faints.
2. What happens to Ranger when he enters Lonnie Dodd's home?
(a) Dodd overpowers him and knocks him unconscious.
(b) He breaks a leg during a scuffle with Dodd.
(c) He suffers an asthma attack and lets Dodd get away.
(d) Dodd shoots him in the leg with Stephanie's gun.
3. What does Joe Morelli surmise has happened to Carmen Sanchez?
(a) He thinks she's hiding out in Trenton.
(b) He thinks she's dead.
(c) He thinks she's fled the country.
(d) He thinks she's being held prisoner by Benito Ramirez.
4. Which of the following statements is true about Benito Ramirez?
(a) He does not want to harm Stephanie.
(b) He is not psychotic.
(c) He is not dangerous.
(d) He is obsessed with pain and fear.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's reaction to Benito Ramirez's initial phone call in Chapter 9?
(a) She eventually rips the phone jack out of the wall.
(b) She refuses to answer when the phone keeps ringing.
(c) Stephanie records the phone call.
(d) Stephanie hangs up the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the cops are still on the scene, who calls Stephanie to ask if she likes her "present"?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the incident at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 9?
3. Who is Lonnie Dodd?
4. How does Stephanie respond to what Joe Morelli does with the keys to his Jeep?
5. Once Stephanie and Joe Morelli begin to work together, how does Morelli plan to gather information and know when to come to Stephanie's rescue if necessary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Lonnie Dodd respect Stephanie as a bounty hunter?
2. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
3. Who does Stephanie blame for her sexual encounter with Morelli at Tasty Pastry when she is just 16?
4. What does Stephanie theorize when she sees the butcher cleaning his shop windows at the end of Chapter 12?
5. What advice does Eddie Gazarra give Stephanie at the end of Chapter 9 when she tells him about her latest encounters with Ramirez?
6. Why does Stephanie accept only a small portion of the reward for Lonnie Dodd's capture?
7. What does Morelli tell Stephanie about Ramirez in Chapter 10?
8. How is Joe Morelli cleared in the Kulesza shooting by the end of the book?
9. What does Jimmy Alpha reveal to Stephanie about himself at the end of Chapter 13?
10. Why does Ranger think it's partly his fault that he gets shot in Chapter 8?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)