|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephanie do with the check Connie Rosolli gives her for capturing Lonnie Dodd?
(a) She repaints Morelli's Jeep to disguise it.
(b) She buys a new car.
(c) She buys a new wardrobe.
(d) She takes a small cut and insists that Ranger get the rest.
2. What does Stephanie do when she's shot in the rear end?
(a) Jump out a window to escape the shooter.
(b) Scream and summon a neighbor for assistance.
(c) Collapse to the ground, unconscious and bleeding.
(d) Reach for the gun in her purse and shoot through her purse in self defense.
3. When Stephanie confronts Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about Benito Ramirez, how does Alpha respond?
(a) He cries.
(b) He defends Ramirez.
(c) He pulls a gun on her.
(d) He runs away from her.
4. Upon arriving at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building, what does Stephanie notice?
(a) That Mooch Morelli's car is in the parking lot.
(b) That the apartment of one of the witnesses was burned.
(c) That Carmen has returned home.
(d) That Carmen's door is wide open.
5. What happens to Ranger when he enters Lonnie Dodd's home?
(a) He suffers an asthma attack and lets Dodd get away.
(b) Dodd shoots him in the leg with Stephanie's gun.
(c) He breaks a leg during a scuffle with Dodd.
(d) Dodd overpowers him and knocks him unconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe Morelli bring to Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 14?
2. What happens to Jimmy Alpha after he attempts to kill Stephanie?
3. What does Joe Morelli surmise has happened to Carmen Sanchez?
4. For what does Joe Morelli apologize at the end of the book?
5. Where do the police find and arrest Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is John Kuzak's importance in the Kulesza case?
2. What does Stephanie theorize when she sees the butcher cleaning his shop windows at the end of Chapter 12?
3. What does Stephanie discover in Chapter 9 when she returns to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building to interview more of Carmen's neighbors?
4. What advice does Eddie Gazarra give Stephanie at the end of Chapter 9 when she tells him about her latest encounters with Ramirez?
5. Who does Stephanie blame for her sexual encounter with Morelli at Tasty Pastry when she is just 16?
6. Explain Stephanie's encounter with Lula in Chapter 10.
7. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
8. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
9. Explain the deal that Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10.
10. Why does Stephanie accept only a small portion of the reward for Lonnie Dodd's capture?
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)