|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the would-be thief starts the engine of Joe Morelli's Jeep, what happens?
(a) A woman screams.
(b) A gunshot pierces the night.
(c) It won't start.
(d) It explodes in a bright yellow firebomb.
2. What does Stephanie find on her fire escape in Chapter 10?
(a) Carmen Sanchez's corpse.
(b) Joe Morelli.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) Lula naked, beaten, unconscious, & tied to the fire escape.
3. What does Joe Morelli bring to Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 14?
(b) A pair of handcuffs.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) Beer and pizza.
4. What does Joe Morelli surmise has happened to Carmen Sanchez?
(a) He thinks she's hiding out in Trenton.
(b) He thinks she's dead.
(c) He thinks she's being held prisoner by Benito Ramirez.
(d) He thinks she's fled the country.
5. What kind of relationship does Joe Morelli ask Stephanie if they could have after all they've been through together?
(a) He asks if they can be business partners.
(b) He asks if they can be friends.
(c) He asks if they can be lovers.
(d) He asks if they can be neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stephanie visit Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 9?
2. Joe Morelli tells Stephanie that she will never catch him unless she does what?
3. When Stephanie leaves Joe Morelli's Jeep to stretch during a time she is supposed to remain locked inside it staking out Stark Street, who does she encounter?
4. What happens to Joe Morelli's Jeep when Stephanie drives it to a convenience store in Chapter 12?
5. What does Joe Morelli do with the keys to his Jeep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Stephanie rule out as being responsible for the bomb and to what does she think it's related?
2. What effect do Ramirez's phone calls in Chapter 9 have on Stephanie?
3. Who is Louis?
4. Who triggers the alarm system on Morelli's Jeep in Chapter 12, and what happens when he tries to start the Jeep?
5. Does Stephanie finally learn to use her gun by the end of the book?
6. How is Joe Morelli cleared in the Kulesza shooting by the end of the book?
7. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
8. What does Stephanie theorize when she sees the butcher cleaning his shop windows at the end of Chapter 12?
9. What do Stephanie and Morelli find in the back of the refrigeration truck at the marina?
10. What theory does Stephanie give Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about the events of the night of Ziggy Kulesza's shooting?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)