|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephanie follow in Chapter 2?
(a) Helen Plum.
(b) Mooch Morelli.
(c) Connie Rossolli.
(d) Grandma Mazur.
2. Where does Stephanie work after school when she is 16?
(a) She worked at Tasty Pastry.
(b) She worked at her father's office.
(c) She worked at McDonalds.
(d) She worked at Al's Garage.
3. Where does Stephanie go to have dinner at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Joe Morelli's parents' house.
(b) Her parents' house.
(c) Tasty Pastry.
(d) Her cousin Vinnie's house.
4. Where does Stephanie inadvertently leave the item she removes from Morelli's Jeep?
(a) In the Jeep's glove box.
(b) In her purse.
(c) At her parents' house.
(d) In the azalea bushes.
5. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street in Chapter 7?
(a) To confront Benito Ramirez.
(b) To ask about Joe Morelli.
(c) To meet Eddie Gazarra.
(d) To work out at the Stark Street Gym.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ziggy Kulesza?
2. What kind of message does Stephanie find on Joe Morelli's answering machine while snooping around his apartment?
3. What is the "secret weapon" that Helen Plum uses in Chapter 4 to entice her daughter to stay for dinner when Stephanie wants to flee her parents' home?
4. What does Stephanie hesitate to tell her worrisome mother, Helen, for the last six months?
5. Where does Stephanie go at the end of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Eddie Gazarra's version of what happened the night Ziggy Kulesza was shot.
2. Describe Stark Street.
3. What does Stephanie learn about Kulesza when she questions potential witnesses at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 4?
4. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
5. What does Joe Morelli's rescue of Stephanie at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 3 indicate?
6. What is Stephanie's financial situation as the book opens?
7. Why does Vincent Plum laugh when Stephanie asks him for an advance on the bounty for Morelli?
8. When Ranger joins Stephanie in Chapter 5 to search Morelli's apartment, how does he fit or not fit the image Stephanie has of him as a bounty hunter?
9. Why doesn't Stephanie consider Bernie Kuntz as ideal for her as her mother does?
10. Why does Stephanie want to install a security system in Morelli's Jeep, a Jeep that doesn't belong to her?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)