|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephanie's father suggest that she ask about a job as a file clerk?
(a) Her old boss back at Tasty Pastry.
(b) Her Grandma Mazur.
(c) Her cousin Vinnie.
(d) Joe Morelli's father.
2. As Stephanie is leaving Joe Morelli's hideout after confirming he's inside the apartment, what does Joe do?
(a) He gives himself up and lets Stephanie handcuff him.
(b) He calls Mooch for assistance in subduing Stephanie.
(c) He dives out an open window to escape her.
(d) He recognizes her, calls her back, & learns why she's there.
3. Why is Stephanie behind on her payments for her Mazda Miata?
(a) Joe Morelli promised to pay for the car and broke his word.
(b) She spends all her money on drugs.
(c) She thought her parents were paying for the car.
(d) She has been out of work for six months.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 5, who does Stephanie call in as reinforcement when she goes to Joe Morelli's apartment to snoop around?
(a) Grandma Mazur.
(b) Vinnie Plum.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does Stephanie do when she spots Joe Morelli for the first time after three years of not hearing from him?
(a) She scolds him for not contacting her for so long.
(b) She hits him with her car and breaks his leg.
(c) She asks him out on a date.
(d) She ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Eddie Gazarra tells Stephanie in Chapter 6 about the night Ziggy was shot, which of the following statements is NOT true about that evening?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's car at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What is Ranger's real name?
4. Who does the man who wants to speak with Stephanie on Stark Street in Chapter 7 manage?
5. Who is Lenny Gruber?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors make Ranger better suited for bounty hunting than Stephanie?
2. Explain Eddie Gazarra's version of what happened the night Ziggy Kulesza was shot.
3. What does Joe Morelli's rescue of Stephanie at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 3 indicate?
4. What actions in Chapter 6 indicate that Joe Morelli is better at surveillance and apprehension than Stephanie?
5. Describe the Stark Street Gym.
6. What does Stephanie learn about Kulesza when she questions potential witnesses at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 4?
7. What is Stephanie's financial situation as the book opens?
8. What does the way Stephanie stakes out Joe Morelli's apartment in Chapter 2 indicate about Stephanie?
9. Why does Stephanie want to install a security system in Morelli's Jeep, a Jeep that doesn't belong to her?
10. Explain how Stephanie goes to the Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company to apply for the position of file clerk yet ends up getting hired as a bounty hunter.
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)