|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stephanie decides she's not comfortable with a gun, what does she buy instead to defend herself against her would-be attacker?
(a) Defense spray and nerve gas.
(b) A Doberman Pinscher.
(c) A knife.
(d) A German Shepherd.
2. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street in Chapter 7?
(a) To confront Benito Ramirez.
(b) To work out at the Stark Street Gym.
(c) To meet Eddie Gazarra.
(d) To ask about Joe Morelli.
3. Which of the following statements is true about Stephanie's qualifications for being a bounty hunter?
(a) She is an experienced law enforcement officer.
(b) She knows martial arts and how to shoot a gun.
(c) She has been trained as a bounty hunter.
(d) She has no qualifications for the job.
4. What is Benito Ramirez's trademark?
(a) A tatoo of a dragon.
(b) A big diamond ring.
(c) A silver Porsche.
(d) His big gold tooth.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about how Stephanie responds to Joe Morelli's opinion of her ability to capture him?
(a) She is angry and dislikes Morelli more than ever.
(b) She's confident she can capture him despite his doubts.
(c) She is more determined than ever to capture him.
(d) She is conflicted because she's still attracted to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's snooping around in Joe Morelli's apartment in Chapter 5?
2. What does Joe Morelli do to Stephanie while searching her apartment for what she has taken from his Jeep?
3. What happens when Stephanie interviews Benito Ramirez at the Stark Street Gym?
4. How does Stephanie figure out which apartment is Joe Morelli's hideout?
5. Who does Stephanie follow in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephanie want to install a security system in Morelli's Jeep, a Jeep that doesn't belong to her?
2. What does the vandalism of Stephanie's Nova on Stark Street symbolize?
3. How does the Plum family dinner in Chapter 4 contribute to the atmosphere of escalating danger in the book?
4. What feelings does seeing Morelli again stir in Stephanie?
5. What does Joe Morelli's rescue of Stephanie at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 3 indicate?
6. What does Stephanie learn about Kulesza when she questions potential witnesses at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Stephanie call Ranger for assistance instead of her father or the authorities when Morelli handcuffs her to a curtain rod?
8. Why do you think Ranger agrees to help Stephanie?
9. Is it realistic for Stephanie to think she can visit Stark Street and avoid Ramirez?
10. What actions in Chapter 6 indicate that Joe Morelli is better at surveillance and apprehension than Stephanie?
This section contains 1,388 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)