|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Morelli do to Stephanie while searching her apartment for what she has taken from his Jeep?
(a) He handcuffs her to the curtain rod.
(b) He tases her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He maces her.
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's snooping around in Joe Morelli's apartment in Chapter 5?
(a) Stephanie is disappointed in how Ranger enters the place.
(b) Stephanie finds evidence of Morelli's guilt.
(c) Stephanie and Ranger don't find anything incriminating.
(d) Joe Morelli is not there.
3. When Stephanie decides she's not comfortable with a gun, what does she buy instead to defend herself against her would-be attacker?
(a) A Doberman Pinscher.
(b) Defense spray and nerve gas.
(c) A German Shepherd.
(d) A knife.
4. According to what Eddie Gazarra tells Stephanie in Chapter 6 about the night Ziggy was shot, which of the following statements is NOT true about that evening?
(a) Morelli was at Carmen Sanchez's apartment that night.
(b) Carmen shot Ziggy.
(c) Carmen is a police informant who told Morelli something big was about to go down.
(d) Morelli shot Ziggy in self-defense and never got the information from Carmen about the big event about to go down.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's car at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) She finds it with a crude epithet painted on the side.
(b) It's vandalized while she's in the gym.
(c) It's a brand new Porsche that Stephanie loves.
(d) It's a decrepit Nova that replaced her beloved Miata.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters her bathroom in Chapter 6 while Stephanie is enjoying a hot shower?
2. Who is the neighborhood bad boy that Stephanie reminisces about in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What does Eddie Gazarra tell Stephanie that the entire police department is running a pool regarding?
4. What makes it clear that Jackie and Lula don't believe Stephanie's lie about her relationship with Joe Morelli?
5. Why does Stephanie visit Joe Morelli's mother, Mrs. Morelli, in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Stephanie's family.
2. Why does Vincent Plum laugh when Stephanie asks him for an advance on the bounty for Morelli?
3. What is Stephanie's financial situation as the book opens?
4. How does Mrs. Morelli humiliate Stephanie in Chapter 5?
5. Describe Stephanie Plum.
6. When Ranger joins Stephanie in Chapter 5 to search Morelli's apartment, how does he fit or not fit the image Stephanie has of him as a bounty hunter?
7. What actions in Chapter 6 indicate that Joe Morelli is better at surveillance and apprehension than Stephanie?
8. Do you think Stephanie's prowess as a bounty hunter has improved by the end of Chapter 5?
9. Why doesn't Stephanie consider Bernie Kuntz as ideal for her as her mother does?
10. When Stephanie questions Lula and Jackie in Chapter 7, is she a convincing liar?
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)