|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes it clear that Jackie and Lula don't believe Stephanie's lie about her relationship with Joe Morelli?
(a) When Stephanie asks about Carmen Sanchez, one of them asks if Carmen got her pregnant, too.
(b) They know Morelli and know he's not married.
(c) They know Morelli and know he doesn't have a lost sister.
(d) They call Stephanie a liar and mock her.
2. Who shows up at Stephanie's door in Chapter 4, threatening her sexually and terrifying her?
(a) Benito Ramirez.
(b) Harry the Hammer.
(c) Joe Morelli.
(d) Vincent Plum.
3. When Stephanie calls her chosen rescuer in Chapter 6, how does he respond the first time she calls?
(a) He tells her to dial 911 instead.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He tells her he will call 911 for her.
(d) He hangs up on her, not taking her seriously.
4. Who does Stephanie's father suggest that she ask about a job as a file clerk?
(a) Her cousin Vinnie.
(b) Joe Morelli's father.
(c) Her old boss back at Tasty Pastry.
(d) Her Grandma Mazur.
5. What is Vinnie's response when Stephanie, in desperate need of money, approaches him for an advance?
(a) He gives her $1000.
(b) He tells her to bring in Morelli if she wants money.
(c) He tells her to get another job because she's a lousy bounty hunter.
(d) He laughs and offers her another FTA that could net fast cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Stephanie Plum?
2. Which of the following statements is true about Stephanie's qualifications for being a bounty hunter?
3. What is Mooch's relationship to Joe Morelli?
4. While Stephanie is on Stark Street, who sends a woman to tell Stephanie that he wants to speak with her?
5. What is Ranger's ethnic background?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors make Ranger better suited for bounty hunting than Stephanie?
2. Do you think Stephanie's prowess as a bounty hunter has improved by the end of Chapter 5?
3. Why does Stephanie call Ranger for assistance instead of her father or the authorities when Morelli handcuffs her to a curtain rod?
4. What does Joe Morelli's rescue of Stephanie at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 3 indicate?
5. How does Mrs. Morelli humiliate Stephanie in Chapter 5?
6. What does the way Stephanie stakes out Joe Morelli's apartment in Chapter 2 indicate about Stephanie?
7. What actions in Chapter 6 indicate that Joe Morelli is better at surveillance and apprehension than Stephanie?
8. What is Stephanie's financial situation as the book opens?
9. Describe Stephanie Plum.
10. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
This section contains 1,247 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)