|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Morelli do to Stephanie while searching her apartment for what she has taken from his Jeep?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He maces her.
(c) He handcuffs her to the curtain rod.
(d) He tases her.
2. To Stephanie's horror, what does Joe Morelli fail to do before leaving her apartment?
(a) To turn himself in so she can earn the bond money for him.
(b) Leave the keys to his Jeep for her.
(c) To close and lock her front door.
(d) Unlock her handcuffs.
3. What is the "secret weapon" that Helen Plum uses in Chapter 4 to entice her daughter to stay for dinner when Stephanie wants to flee her parents' home?
(a) A check for $500.
(b) A trip to Hawaii.
(c) A new car.
(d) A pineapple upside down cake.
4. What is the first thing Ranger suggests that Stephanie do to become a more effective bounty hunter?
(a) He suggests she lose weight to run fast in pursuing FTAs.
(b) He suggests she get a new car.
(c) He suggests she buy a gun and some handcuffs.
(d) He suggests she get her bounty hunter license.
5. When Stephanie decides she's not comfortable with a gun, what does she buy instead to defend herself against her would-be attacker?
(a) A German Shepherd.
(b) Defense spray and nerve gas.
(c) A Doberman Pinscher.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's snooping around in Joe Morelli's apartment in Chapter 5?
2. When Stephanie was just six years old, what game does Morelli lure her into his father's garage to play?
3. Where does Stephanie go at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What does Grandma Mazur retrieve from Stephanie's purse during dinner?
5. While at her parents' house for dinner at the end of Chapter 7, who does Stephanie learn has called her family trying to locate her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors make Ranger better suited for bounty hunting than Stephanie?
2. What does Joe Morelli's rescue of Stephanie at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 3 indicate?
3. What is Stephanie's financial situation as the book opens?
4. What does Stephanie learn about Kulesza when she questions potential witnesses at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 4?
5. Explain how Stephanie goes to the Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company to apply for the position of file clerk yet ends up getting hired as a bounty hunter.
6. Describe the Stark Street Gym.
7. Describe Ranger.
8. What feelings does seeing Morelli again stir in Stephanie?
9. Explain Eddie Gazarra's version of what happened the night Ziggy Kulesza was shot.
10. Why do you think Ranger agrees to help Stephanie?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)