|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does NOT describe who Eddie Gazarra is?
(a) He is a close friend of Stephanie's from high school.
(b) He is married to Stephanie's cousin, Shirley the Whiner.
(c) He is always there for Stephanie when she needs his help.
(d) He is a New York City policeman.
2. To where does the person Stephanie follows in Chapter 2 lead her?
(a) Joe Morelli's hiding place, an apartment downtown.
(b) His mother's house for dinner.
(c) Tasty Pastry.
(d) E. E. Martin.
3. What happens when Stephanie interviews Benito Ramirez at the Stark Street Gym?
(a) Benito Ramirez gets knocked out by another boxer.
(b) Benito gives Stephanie lots of information about Ziggy.
(c) Stephanie finds Carmen Sanchez at the gym.
(d) Benito attacks Stephanie when she rebuffs his advances.
4. What does Stephanie do when she spots Joe Morelli for the first time after three years of not hearing from him?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She hits him with her car and breaks his leg.
(c) She asks him out on a date.
(d) She scolds him for not contacting her for so long.
5. Who is the fugitive that Stephanie must apprehend in order to earn the $10,000 bond?
(a) Helen Plum.
(b) Harry the Hammer.
(c) Morty Byers.
(d) Joe Morelli, her first love who's now a cop wanted for murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie do at E. E. Martin?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 5, who does Stephanie call in as reinforcement when she goes to Joe Morelli's apartment to snoop around?
3. Who is Harry the Hammer?
4. What excuse does Stephanie give Jackie and Lula for needing to find Joe Morelli?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Stephanie remove from Joe Morelli's Jeep before going into hiding nearby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors make Stephanie ill-suited for bounty hunting?
2. Explain how Stephanie goes to the Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company to apply for the position of file clerk yet ends up getting hired as a bounty hunter.
3. Why does Stephanie want to install a security system in Morelli's Jeep, a Jeep that doesn't belong to her?
4. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
5. Describe Stephanie Plum.
6. Is it realistic for Stephanie to think she can visit Stark Street and avoid Ramirez?
7. Explain Eddie Gazarra's version of what happened the night Ziggy Kulesza was shot.
8. What factors make Ranger better suited for bounty hunting than Stephanie?
9. What does Joe Morelli's rescue of Stephanie at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 3 indicate?
10. Explain Eddie Gazarra's relationship to Stephanie Plum.
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)