|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Carmen Sanchez been since Ziggy Kulesza's murder?
(a) She has been in police custody since the murder.
(b) She has been missing since the murder.
(c) She has been in the hospital since the murder.
(d) She has been hiding out in Mexico since the murder.
2. What smells greet Stephanie on the stairwell of the Stark Street Gym?
(a) The smells of wine and whiskey.
(b) The smells of urine and sweat.
(c) The smells of fried chicken and french fries.
(d) The smells of roses and honeysuckle.
3. What is the first thing that Stephanie does to track down Joe Morelli?
(a) She stakes out his mother's house.
(b) She goes on TV and pleads for him to give himself up.
(c) She hides in the parking lot of Morelli's apartment.
(d) She posts wanted posters at his favorite bar.
4. Who does Stephanie's mother, Helen Plum, invite to dine with the family in Chapter 4?
(a) Bernie Kuntz, a potential date for Stephanie.
(b) Stephanie's cousin Vinnie.
(c) Joe Morelli's mother.
(d) The local police chief.
5. What makes it clear that Jackie and Lula don't believe Stephanie's lie about her relationship with Joe Morelli?
(a) They know Morelli and know he doesn't have a lost sister.
(b) They know Morelli and know he's not married.
(c) When Stephanie asks about Carmen Sanchez, one of them asks if Carmen got her pregnant, too.
(d) They call Stephanie a liar and mock her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephanie goes to apply for the file clerk job, what other position does the office manager tell her they have an opening for since one of their employees is out with a busted appendix?
2. What is Ranger's real name?
3. Once Stephanie discovers Joe Morelli at his hideout in Chapter 2, why doesn't she immediately apprehend him and turn him in for the bounty she can earn?
4. Who is the fugitive that Stephanie must apprehend in order to earn the $10,000 bond?
5. How old is Stephanie Plum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actions in Chapter 6 indicate that Joe Morelli is better at surveillance and apprehension than Stephanie?
2. Why does Stephanie call Ranger for assistance instead of her father or the authorities when Morelli handcuffs her to a curtain rod?
3. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
4. Describe Stephanie Plum.
5. Why doesn't Stephanie consider Bernie Kuntz as ideal for her as her mother does?
6. What does Joe Morelli's rescue of Stephanie at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 3 indicate?
7. Do you think Stephanie's prowess as a bounty hunter has improved by the end of Chapter 5?
8. Describe Stark Street.
9. Explain Eddie Gazarra's version of what happened the night Ziggy Kulesza was shot.
10. What feelings does Stephanie have once she learns that Joe Morelli is the fugitive she has to pursue?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)