|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is true about Stephanie's qualifications for being a bounty hunter?
(a) She is an experienced law enforcement officer.
(b) She has no qualifications for the job.
(c) She knows martial arts and how to shoot a gun.
(d) She has been trained as a bounty hunter.
2. What makes it clear that Jackie and Lula don't believe Stephanie's lie about her relationship with Joe Morelli?
(a) They call Stephanie a liar and mock her.
(b) When Stephanie asks about Carmen Sanchez, one of them asks if Carmen got her pregnant, too.
(c) They know Morelli and know he's not married.
(d) They know Morelli and know he doesn't have a lost sister.
3. Who is Lenny Gruber?
(a) He is a repo man who wants to repossess Stephanie's car.
(b) He is Stephanie's neighbor.
(c) He is a Trenton cop.
(d) He is Stephanie's cousin.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Stephanie remove from Joe Morelli's Jeep before going into hiding nearby?
(a) The keys.
(b) The distributor cap.
(c) A tire.
(d) The license plate.
5. What kind of message does Stephanie find on Joe Morelli's answering machine while snooping around his apartment?
(a) A threat against Morelli's life from Benito Ramirez.
(b) A message from Mooch about Stephanie being on his trail.
(c) A steamy message from a woman named Carmen.
(d) A message from his mother about where to hide out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters her bathroom in Chapter 6 while Stephanie is enjoying a hot shower?
2. Who lives with Stephanie's parents, much to the chagrin of her father?
3. Where does Stephanie go at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Who shows up at Stephanie's door in Chapter 4, threatening her sexually and terrifying her?
5. How does Stephanie figure out which apartment is Joe Morelli's hideout?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Stephanie questions Lula and Jackie in Chapter 7, is she a convincing liar?
2. How does Mrs. Morelli humiliate Stephanie in Chapter 5?
3. What does Joe Morelli's rescue of Stephanie at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 3 indicate?
4. Do you think Stephanie's prowess as a bounty hunter has improved by the end of Chapter 5?
5. What is Stephanie's history with Joe Morelli?
6. What actions in Chapter 6 indicate that Joe Morelli is better at surveillance and apprehension than Stephanie?
7. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
8. What does the way Stephanie stakes out Joe Morelli's apartment in Chapter 2 indicate about Stephanie?
9. Why do you think Ranger agrees to help Stephanie?
10. Why does Stephanie call Ranger for assistance instead of her father or the authorities when Morelli handcuffs her to a curtain rod?
This section contains 1,360 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)