|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives with Stephanie's parents, much to the chagrin of her father?
(c) Stephanie's sister, Valerie.
(d) Grandma Mazur, her mother's mother.
2. What does Stephanie do when she spots Joe Morelli for the first time after three years of not hearing from him?
(a) She asks him out on a date.
(b) She hits him with her car and breaks his leg.
(c) She scolds him for not contacting her for so long.
(d) She ignores him.
3. Who nearly has a coronary upon seeing what Grandma Mazur pulls from Stephanie's purse?
(b) Bernie Kuntz.
(c) Frank Plum, Stephanie's father.
(d) Helen Plum, Stephanie's mother.
4. Who does Stephanie's mother, Helen Plum, invite to dine with the family in Chapter 4?
(a) Bernie Kuntz, a potential date for Stephanie.
(b) Joe Morelli's mother.
(c) Stephanie's cousin Vinnie.
(d) The local police chief.
5. Which of the following statements does NOT describe who Eddie Gazarra is?
(a) He is a close friend of Stephanie's from high school.
(b) He is a New York City policeman.
(c) He is married to Stephanie's cousin, Shirley the Whiner.
(d) He is always there for Stephanie when she needs his help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the neighborhood bad boy that Stephanie reminisces about in the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What does Stephanie discover when she visits The Step In, the bar where Carmen Sanchez works?
3. What is the name of the section of Trenton in which Stephanie is raised?
4. Once Stephanie discovers Joe Morelli at his hideout in Chapter 2, why doesn't she immediately apprehend him and turn him in for the bounty she can earn?
5. Why does Stephanie visit Joe Morelli's mother, Mrs. Morelli, in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors make Stephanie ill-suited for bounty hunting?
2. What effect do Ramirez's phone calls in Chapter 9 have on Stephanie?
3. How does Mrs. Morelli humiliate Stephanie in Chapter 5?
4. What is Stephanie's history with Joe Morelli?
5. What does Jimmy Alpha reveal to Stephanie about himself at the end of Chapter 13?
6. What feelings does Stephanie have once she learns that Joe Morelli is the fugitive she has to pursue?
7. What feelings does seeing Morelli again stir in Stephanie?
8. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street at the beginning of Chapter 11?
9. What does Morelli tell Stephanie about Ramirez in Chapter 10?
10. Explain the deal that Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10.
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)