|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephanie discover when she visits The Step In, the bar where Carmen Sanchez works?
(a) She discovers the bar is closed down.
(b) She discovers Benito Ramirez is on his way there.
(c) She discovers Morelli is having dinner there.
(d) She finds Carmen and interviews her.
2. When Stephanie tells Eddie Gazarra about her encounters with Benito Ramirez, what does Gazarra offer to do?
(a) Have a talk with Ramirez.
(b) Teach Stephanie how to use her .38 Special.
(c) Arrest Ramirez.
(d) Serve as Stephanie's bodyguard.
3. What kind of message does Stephanie find on Joe Morelli's answering machine while snooping around his apartment?
(a) A threat against Morelli's life from Benito Ramirez.
(b) A message from Mooch about Stephanie being on his trail.
(c) A message from his mother about where to hide out.
(d) A steamy message from a woman named Carmen.
4. What is Ranger's ethnic background?
(a) He is Italian.
(b) He is African American.
(c) He is Canadian.
(d) He is a second generation Cuban American.
5. What smells greet Stephanie on the stairwell of the Stark Street Gym?
(a) The smells of roses and honeysuckle.
(b) The smells of fried chicken and french fries.
(c) The smells of wine and whiskey.
(d) The smells of urine and sweat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at the bail bonds office, what does Stephanie confide to Connie Rosolli after her encounter with Joe Morelli?
2. Who does Stephanie follow in Chapter 2?
3. When Joe Morelli learns the reason Stephanie has tracked him down, what does he do?
4. What is the first thing that Stephanie does to track down Joe Morelli?
5. How does Stephanie figure out which apartment is Joe Morelli's hideout?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Eddie Gazarra's version of what happened the night Ziggy Kulesza was shot.
2. What factors make Stephanie ill-suited for bounty hunting?
3. Do you think Stephanie's prowess as a bounty hunter has improved by the end of Chapter 5?
4. Explain how Stephanie goes to the Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company to apply for the position of file clerk yet ends up getting hired as a bounty hunter.
5. What factors make Ranger better suited for bounty hunting than Stephanie?
6. When Stephanie questions Lula and Jackie in Chapter 7, is she a convincing liar?
7. What actions in Chapter 6 indicate that Joe Morelli is better at surveillance and apprehension than Stephanie?
8. Is it realistic for Stephanie to think she can visit Stark Street and avoid Ramirez?
9. How does the Plum family dinner in Chapter 4 contribute to the atmosphere of escalating danger in the book?
10. What is Stephanie's history with Joe Morelli?
This section contains 1,437 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)