|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smells greet Stephanie on the stairwell of the Stark Street Gym?
(a) The smells of fried chicken and french fries.
(b) The smells of roses and honeysuckle.
(c) The smells of urine and sweat.
(d) The smells of wine and whiskey.
2. How does Stephanie find Benito Ramirez's home address?
(a) She gets it from Lula and Jackie.
(b) She follows Ramirez home from the gym.
(c) She tricks someone at the gym into giving her the address.
(d) She gets it from Jimmy Alpha.
3. From where does Grandma Mazur say she has learned how to operate a revolver?
(a) From the salesman at the local gun store.
(b) From watching TV.
(c) From taking a firearms safety course.
(d) From the police department's citizen's patrol.
4. Where does Stephanie go at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Her parents' home.
(b) The mall.
(c) Home to think.
(d) Tasty Pastry.
5. What is the ethnic background of Stephanie Plum's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephanie goes to apply for the file clerk job, what other position does the office manager tell her they have an opening for since one of their employees is out with a busted appendix?
2. Back at the bail bonds office, what does Stephanie confide to Connie Rosolli after her encounter with Joe Morelli?
3. Who is the neighborhood bad boy that Stephanie reminisces about in the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stark Street?
5. What is Ranger's ethnic background?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Morelli humiliate Stephanie in Chapter 5?
2. Is Stephanie in real danger from Benito Ramirez, or is the danger primarily in her imagination?
3. What does the way Stephanie stakes out Joe Morelli's apartment in Chapter 2 indicate about Stephanie?
4. How does the Plum family dinner in Chapter 4 contribute to the atmosphere of escalating danger in the book?
5. What feelings does seeing Morelli again stir in Stephanie?
6. Describe Ranger.
7. Why doesn't Stephanie consider Bernie Kuntz as ideal for her as her mother does?
8. What is Stephanie's history with Joe Morelli?
9. What factors make Stephanie ill-suited for bounty hunting?
10. Why does Stephanie want to install a security system in Morelli's Jeep, a Jeep that doesn't belong to her?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)