|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stephanie work after school when she is 16?
(a) She worked at McDonalds.
(b) She worked at Tasty Pastry.
(c) She worked at Al's Garage.
(d) She worked at her father's office.
2. What does Stephanie do at E. E. Martin?
(a) She worked as a security guard.
(b) She sold bail bonds.
(c) She was a lingerie buyer.
(d) She attended school there.
3. Who is Ziggy Kulesza?
(a) He is Vincent Plum's new boyfriend.
(b) He is the man Joe Morelli is wanted for killing.
(c) He is Stephanie Plum's new boyfriend.
(d) He is Connie Rosolli's boyfriend.
4. Back at the bail bonds office, what does Stephanie confide to Connie Rosolli after her encounter with Joe Morelli?
(a) That the job of capturing Morelli may be too much for her.
(b) That she is in love with Morelli.
(c) That her grandmother is ill.
(d) That she can't see too well without her glasses.
5. What does Stephanie threaten to do in order to get a job in Chapter 1?
(a) Report her cousin Vinnie's infidelities to his wife.
(b) Kill Morty Byers.
(c) Burn down the place to which she's applying.
(d) Become a stripper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephanie's father suggest that she ask about a job as a file clerk?
2. How does Stephanie get Clarence Sampson to go with her to the Trenton Police Department?
3. Who nearly has a coronary upon seeing what Grandma Mazur pulls from Stephanie's purse?
4. When Stephanie tells Eddie Gazarra about her encounters with Benito Ramirez, what does Gazarra offer to do?
5. What is the first thing that Stephanie does to track down Joe Morelli?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Stephanie goes to the Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company to apply for the position of file clerk yet ends up getting hired as a bounty hunter.
2. Describe Ranger.
3. How does the Plum family dinner in Chapter 4 contribute to the atmosphere of escalating danger in the book?
4. When Ranger joins Stephanie in Chapter 5 to search Morelli's apartment, how does he fit or not fit the image Stephanie has of him as a bounty hunter?
5. Why do you think Ranger agrees to help Stephanie?
6. Do you think Stephanie's prowess as a bounty hunter has improved by the end of Chapter 5?
7. What feelings does Stephanie have once she learns that Joe Morelli is the fugitive she has to pursue?
8. Why does Vincent Plum laugh when Stephanie asks him for an advance on the bounty for Morelli?
9. What factors make Stephanie ill-suited for bounty hunting?
10. Describe Stark Street.
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)