|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stark Street?
(a) It's a scary place but one that Stephanie Plum has to visit.
(b) Grandma Mazur lives there.
(c) The gym where Benito Ramirez works out is located there.
(d) Drug dealers and prositutes hang out there.
2. While at her parents' house for dinner at the end of Chapter 7, who does Stephanie learn has called her family trying to locate her?
(a) Eddie Gazarra.
(b) Benito Ramirez.
(c) Joe Morelli.
(d) Connie Rosolli.
3. Which of the following statements does NOT describe who Eddie Gazarra is?
(a) He is a close friend of Stephanie's from high school.
(b) He is a New York City policeman.
(c) He is always there for Stephanie when she needs his help.
(d) He is married to Stephanie's cousin, Shirley the Whiner.
4. Where does Stephanie work after school when she is 16?
(a) She worked at her father's office.
(b) She worked at McDonalds.
(c) She worked at Tasty Pastry.
(d) She worked at Al's Garage.
5. What is the "secret weapon" that Helen Plum uses in Chapter 4 to entice her daughter to stay for dinner when Stephanie wants to flee her parents' home?
(a) A new car.
(b) A trip to Hawaii.
(c) A check for $500.
(d) A pineapple upside down cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie hesitate to tell her worrisome mother, Helen, for the last six months?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 5, who does Stephanie call in as reinforcement when she goes to Joe Morelli's apartment to snoop around?
3. Why does Connie Rosolli suggest that Stephanie meet Ranger?
4. What does Joe Morelli do to Stephanie while searching her apartment for what she has taken from his Jeep?
5. When Stephanie decides she's not comfortable with a gun, what does she buy instead to defend herself against her would-be attacker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stephanie theorize when she sees the butcher cleaning his shop windows at the end of Chapter 12?
2. How does the Plum family dinner in Chapter 4 contribute to the atmosphere of escalating danger in the book?
3. Why is Stephanie not afraid when she comes home to find Morelli in her apartment in Chapter 10?
4. Do you think Morelli wants to keep his relationship with Stephanie at the friendship level by the end of the book, or do you think he wants more than friendship?
5. Describe Ranger.
6. When Stephanie encounters Morelli in the fast food restaurant parking lot in Chapter 8, is she afraid of him?
7. Is Jimmy Alpha reliable in Chapter 7 when he promises to keep Ramirez away from Stephanie?
8. What do Stephanie and Morelli find in the back of the refrigeration truck at the marina?
9. Why does Vincent Plum laugh when Stephanie asks him for an advance on the bounty for Morelli?
10. What does the way Stephanie stakes out Joe Morelli's apartment in Chapter 2 indicate about Stephanie?
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)