|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stephanie cries, how does Morelli react?
(a) He leaves her alone.
(b) He calls her mother to come stay with her.
(c) He comforts her.
(d) He orders more pizza.
2. While at Kuntz Appliances, which of the following thoughts does NOT occur to Stephanie when she notices that Sal Bocha is cleaning the butcher shop windows across the street?
(a) Sal may have information on Kulesza, Carmen, or the mystery witness with the flattened nose.
(b) She needs to buy steak and a pork roast for her parents.
(c) She wonders why Kulesza drove downtown to buy meat.
(d) She knows Sal is a bookie as well as a butcher.
3. What does Stephanie find on her fire escape in Chapter 10?
(a) Joe Morelli.
(b) Carmen Sanchez's corpse.
(c) Lula naked, beaten, unconscious, & tied to the fire escape.
(d) A dead dog.
4. Who does Stephanie go to Stark Street for on Lula's behalf in Chapter 10?
(a) Jimmy Alpha.
(b) Connie Rosolli.
(d) Grandma Mazur.
5. When Stephanie confronts Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about Benito Ramirez, how does Alpha respond?
(a) He pulls a gun on her.
(b) He cries.
(c) He defends Ramirez.
(d) He runs away from her.
6. What makes Morty Beyers start going door to door in Stephanie's neighborhood showing pictures of Joe Morelli and asking questions about the fugitive cop?
(a) Myers knows Stephanie is in lust if not love with Morelli.
(b) Myers spots Morelli's Jeep and blue van near Stephanie's apartment.
(c) Myers smells Morelli's cologne in Stephanie's apartment.
(d) Myers thinks he sees Morelli running around the corner.
7. What happens in Chapter 8 when Lonnie Dodd runs out the back door of his home to try to evade capture?
(a) A neighbor's dog attacks him.
(b) He trips over his lawn mower and Stephanie captures him.
(c) Stephanie tackles him.
(d) Ranger shoots him.
8. How does Joe Morelli end up in police custody in Chapter 13 for the murder of Ziggy Kulesza?
(a) Morty Byers finds him and turns him in.
(b) Eddie Gazarra finds him and turns him in.
(c) He turns himself in.
(d) Stephanie locks him in the refrigeration truck and turns him in.
9. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Joe Morelli's encounter with Stephanie in Chapter 8?
(a) Morelli takes off and once again eludes capture.
(b) Morelli declares his love for Stephanie.
(c) Morelli tells Stephanie to stay away from him.
(d) Morelli tells Stephanie he just wants to be left alone.
10. What kind of relationship does Joe Morelli ask Stephanie if they could have after all they've been through together?
(a) He asks if they can be neighbors.
(b) He asks if they can be lovers.
(c) He asks if they can be friends.
(d) He asks if they can be business partners.
11. What is in the back of the refrigeration truck in Chapter 13?
(a) Heroin and the bodies of Sal, Louis, & Carmen.
(b) A briefcase filled with money.
(c) Carmen Sanchez, alive and well.
(d) The gun Kulesza was carrying when he shot Morelli.
12. Which of the following statements does NOT describe the new FTA that Connie Rosolli assigns Stephanie in Chapter 12?
(a) He is an exhibitionist.
(b) He is an arsonist.
(c) He lives in Stephanie's apartment building.
(d) He is 76 years old.
13. What happens to Joe Morelli's Jeep when Stephanie drives it to a convenience store in Chapter 12?
(a) Stephanie runs into a truck and damages the rear fender.
(b) Its battery dies.
(c) It catches on fire.
(d) Someone slashes its tires.
14. When the car alarm in Joe Morelli's Jeep wakens Stephanie, who is trying to commandeer the vehicle that she has already commandeered?
(a) Carmen Sanchez.
(b) Jimmy Alpha.
(c) Morty Byers.
(d) Benito Ramirez.
15. What does Joe Morelli bring to Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 14?
(b) Beer and pizza.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A pair of handcuffs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Louis?
2. What is Ranger's strategy for capturing Lonnie Dodd?
3. What do Sal and Louis do after Stephanie notices Louis at the butcher shop in Chapter 13?
4. What damages to Stephanie's appearance from her encounters with Benito Ramirez and the would-be Jeep thief concern Stephanie's mother and grandmother?
5. What does Stephanie find out while rummaging through the trash dumpster at the restaurant in Chapter 8?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)