|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephanie do when she receives the call about her present?
(a) She threatens to get revenge against the caller.
(b) She puts her phone on speaker to record the call for the cops.
(c) She thanks the giver for her gift.
(d) She threatens to sue the caller.
2. What factors help clear Joe Morelli in Chapter 14?
(a) Sal confessed.
(b) Stephanie's apartment was bugged and Alpha's confession was recorded.
(c) Ramirez confessed.
(d) Louis testified that Alpha was the real killer.
3. How is Stephanie at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Near death after being wounded by Alpha.
(b) Recovering physically but feeling fragile emotionally.
(c) Suffering from a nervous breakdown.
(d) Suffering from a high fever.
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Joe Morelli's encounter with Stephanie in Chapter 8?
(a) Morelli tells Stephanie to stay away from him.
(b) Morelli takes off and once again eludes capture.
(c) Morelli tells Stephanie he just wants to be left alone.
(d) Morelli declares his love for Stephanie.
5. When Stephanie first shows up at Lonnie Dodd's house to apprehend him, what does Dodd do?
(a) He throws Stephanie out and keeps her purse and gun.
(b) He shoots Stephanie.
(c) He surrenders without a fight.
(d) He flees out an open window, eluding capture.
6. Which of the following things is NOT something that Joe Morelli tells Stephanie he will do as soon as the case is over?
(a) Move anywhere he won't have to deal with her.
(b) Strangle Stephanie and be arrested for murder one if he stays in Trenton.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Move to Alaska.
7. When Jimmy Alpha tells Stephanie that he has spoken with Benito Ramirez and asks Stephanie to stay away from Stark Street for a while, how does Stephanie respond?
(a) She flees in terror.
(b) She agrees to keep away.
(c) She tells Alpha to stay away from Stark Street himself.
(d) She refuses.
8. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's reaction to Benito Ramirez's initial phone call in Chapter 9?
(a) Stephanie hangs up the phone.
(b) She eventually rips the phone jack out of the wall.
(c) Stephanie records the phone call.
(d) She refuses to answer when the phone keeps ringing.
9. Despite Joe Morelli's insistence that she stay behind, to where does Stephanie follow him in Chapter 13?
(a) To Ramirez's house.
(b) To the marina.
(c) To the Trenton Police Department.
(d) To Carmen Sanchez's apartment.
10. What kind of relationship does Joe Morelli ask Stephanie if they could have after all they've been through together?
(a) He asks if they can be friends.
(b) He asks if they can be business partners.
(c) He asks if they can be lovers.
(d) He asks if they can be neighbors.
11. Once Stephanie and Joe Morelli begin to work together, how does Morelli plan to gather information and know when to come to Stephanie's rescue if necessary?
(a) He will disguise himself and pretend to be a female friend of Stephanie's.
(b) He plants bugs in her apartment and puts a wire on her.
(c) He hides in her closet, ready to rush out if needed.
(d) He plans to watch her through binoculars.
12. Where is Benito Ramirez at the end of the book?
(a) He has fled the country.
(b) He is in jail without bond.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is in the hospital.
13. What damages to Stephanie's appearance from her encounters with Benito Ramirez and the would-be Jeep thief concern Stephanie's mother and grandmother?
(a) A bullet wound.
(b) A knot on her temple.
(c) Facial bruises, singed hair and no eyebrows.
(d) A cut on her arm.
14. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the incident at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 9?
(a) Stephanie finds a dead body in Carmen's apartment.
(b) A plan to eliminate the remaining witnesses to the Kulesza shooting is escalating.
(c) Witnesses saw a refrigeration truck behind the building.
(d) The burned apartment's tenant was not hurt.
15. Why is Stephanie horrified when Morelli apologizes?
(a) She knows she's a lousy bounty hunter.
(b) She thinks she should apologize to him.
(c) She didn't know about the poem.
(d) She thinks he's lying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Joe Morelli's Jeep when Stephanie drives it to a convenience store in Chapter 12?
2. Who is Lonnie Dodd?
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the person Stephanie finds in her apartment?
4. Which of the following statements does NOT describe the new FTA that Connie Rosolli assigns Stephanie in Chapter 12?
5. What does Stephanie do with the check Connie Rosolli gives her for capturing Lonnie Dodd?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)