|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Joe Morelli and Stephanie determine is the only person who knows the truth about Ziggy Kulesza's murder?
(a) Vincent Plum.
(d) Benito Ramirez, who may or may not talk.
2. When Stephanie first shows up at Lonnie Dodd's house to apprehend him, what does Dodd do?
(a) He flees out an open window, eluding capture.
(b) He throws Stephanie out and keeps her purse and gun.
(c) He surrenders without a fight.
(d) He shoots Stephanie.
3. When Jimmy Alpha tells Stephanie that he has spoken with Benito Ramirez and asks Stephanie to stay away from Stark Street for a while, how does Stephanie respond?
(a) She refuses.
(b) She flees in terror.
(c) She agrees to keep away.
(d) She tells Alpha to stay away from Stark Street himself.
4. What makes Morty Beyers start going door to door in Stephanie's neighborhood showing pictures of Joe Morelli and asking questions about the fugitive cop?
(a) Myers smells Morelli's cologne in Stephanie's apartment.
(b) Myers thinks he sees Morelli running around the corner.
(c) Myers knows Stephanie is in lust if not love with Morelli.
(d) Myers spots Morelli's Jeep and blue van near Stephanie's apartment.
5. Who does Stephanie go to Stark Street for on Lula's behalf in Chapter 10?
(a) Connie Rosolli.
(b) Jimmy Alpha.
(c) Grandma Mazur.
6. What does Stephanie do with the check Connie Rosolli gives her for capturing Lonnie Dodd?
(a) She buys a new wardrobe.
(b) She takes a small cut and insists that Ranger get the rest.
(c) She buys a new car.
(d) She repaints Morelli's Jeep to disguise it.
7. What does Stephanie do when she's shot in the rear end?
(a) Scream and summon a neighbor for assistance.
(b) Reach for the gun in her purse and shoot through her purse in self defense.
(c) Jump out a window to escape the shooter.
(d) Collapse to the ground, unconscious and bleeding.
8. When Stephanie cries, how does Morelli react?
(a) He leaves her alone.
(b) He comforts her.
(c) He calls her mother to come stay with her.
(d) He orders more pizza.
9. What does Ramirez claim that the item he sends to Stephanie will show her?
(a) That she is hopeless as a bounty hunter.
(b) Not to disrespect the champ.
(c) How much Ramirez loves her.
(d) What happened to Carmen Sanchez.
10. What damages to Stephanie's appearance from her encounters with Benito Ramirez and the would-be Jeep thief concern Stephanie's mother and grandmother?
(a) A bullet wound.
(b) A knot on her temple.
(c) A cut on her arm.
(d) Facial bruises, singed hair and no eyebrows.
11. Where is Benito Ramirez at the end of the book?
(a) He is in the hospital.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is in jail without bond.
(d) He has fled the country.
12. How does Stephanie reach Joe Morelli to tell him about Louis in Chapter 13?
(a) She stops at a gas station to call her own number and leave a message for him on her bugged answering machine.
(b) She emails him.
(c) She faxes him.
(d) She dials his cell phone.
13. While at Kuntz Appliances, which of the following thoughts does NOT occur to Stephanie when she notices that Sal Bocha is cleaning the butcher shop windows across the street?
(a) She wonders why Kulesza drove downtown to buy meat.
(b) She needs to buy steak and a pork roast for her parents.
(c) She knows Sal is a bookie as well as a butcher.
(d) Sal may have information on Kulesza, Carmen, or the mystery witness with the flattened nose.
14. What does Stephanie do when she receives the call about her present?
(a) She thanks the giver for her gift.
(b) She puts her phone on speaker to record the call for the cops.
(c) She threatens to sue the caller.
(d) She threatens to get revenge against the caller.
15. When Stephanie leaves Joe Morelli's Jeep to stretch during a time she is supposed to remain locked inside it staking out Stark Street, who does she encounter?
(b) Benito Ramirez.
(c) Jimmy Alpha.
(d) Carmen Sanchez.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they find out that Benito Ramirez has been released from jail on his own recognizance, what does Joe Morelli suggest that Stephanie do?
2. What happens in Chapter 8 when Lonnie Dodd runs out the back door of his home to try to evade capture?
3. When Stephanie returns home after her trip to the shooting range, who does she find in her apartment?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the person Stephanie finds in her apartment?
5. What do the police do with the evidence they gather about Ramirez while at Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 10?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)