|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the car alarm in Joe Morelli's Jeep wakens Stephanie, who is trying to commandeer the vehicle that she has already commandeered?
(a) Carmen Sanchez.
(b) Benito Ramirez.
(c) Jimmy Alpha.
(d) Morty Byers.
2. What does Stephanie suggest that Joe Morelli do once they make the gruesome discovery in the refrigeration truck in Chapter 13?
(a) Flee to Canada.
(b) Go back into hiding.
(c) Flee to Mexico.
(d) Turn himself in and let the police sort out who killed Kulesza.
3. What does Joe Morelli surmise has happened to Carmen Sanchez?
(a) He thinks she's hiding out in Trenton.
(b) He thinks she's fled the country.
(c) He thinks she's being held prisoner by Benito Ramirez.
(d) He thinks she's dead.
4. When Stephanie leaves Joe Morelli's Jeep to stretch during a time she is supposed to remain locked inside it staking out Stark Street, who does she encounter?
(a) Jimmy Alpha.
(b) Carmen Sanchez.
(d) Benito Ramirez.
5. When Stephanie cries, how does Morelli react?
(a) He leaves her alone.
(b) He calls her mother to come stay with her.
(c) He orders more pizza.
(d) He comforts her.
6. What do the police do with the evidence they gather about Ramirez while at Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 10?
(a) They take the answering machine tape and go in search of Ramirez.
(b) They destroy it.
(c) They tell Stephanie it proves nothing.
(d) They accuse Stephanie of planting it.
7. Who helps Stephanie retrieve her Nova that is parked on Route 1 in Chapter 12?
(a) Connie Rosolli.
(b) Joe Morelli.
(c) Her father, Frank Plum.
(d) Vincent Plum.
8. What kind of relationship does Joe Morelli ask Stephanie if they could have after all they've been through together?
(a) He asks if they can be business partners.
(b) He asks if they can be neighbors.
(c) He asks if they can be lovers.
(d) He asks if they can be friends.
9. Where does Stephanie encounter Joe Morelli at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The mall.
(b) The parking lot of a fast food restaurant.
(c) Her parents' house.
(d) Her apartment.
10. What disguise does Stephanie adopt to try to lure Benito Ramirez out into the open?
(a) She dresses like Grandma Mazur.
(b) She dresses like a cop.
(c) She dresses like a nurse.
(d) She dresses like a tramp.
11. How does Stephanie respond to what Joe Morelli does with the keys to his Jeep?
(a) She climbs into the dumpster to retrieve them.
(b) She tases Morelli.
(c) She calls a locksmith to get a duplicate set made.
(d) She calls Morelli's mother to get a spare key.
12. Why does Stephanie visit Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 9?
(a) To question him about Morelli.
(b) To report Ramirez's latest threats.
(c) To work out at his gym.
(d) To get his fingerprints.
13. What does Ramirez claim that the item he sends to Stephanie will show her?
(a) What happened to Carmen Sanchez.
(b) That she is hopeless as a bounty hunter.
(c) How much Ramirez loves her.
(d) Not to disrespect the champ.
14. When Jimmy Alpha tells Stephanie that he has spoken with Benito Ramirez and asks Stephanie to stay away from Stark Street for a while, how does Stephanie respond?
(a) She refuses.
(b) She tells Alpha to stay away from Stark Street himself.
(c) She flees in terror.
(d) She agrees to keep away.
15. When the would-be thief starts the engine of Joe Morelli's Jeep, what happens?
(a) It won't start.
(b) It explodes in a bright yellow firebomb.
(c) A woman screams.
(d) A gunshot pierces the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Stephanie at the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. What makes Morty Beyers start going door to door in Stephanie's neighborhood showing pictures of Joe Morelli and asking questions about the fugitive cop?
3. What do Sal and Louis do after Stephanie notices Louis at the butcher shop in Chapter 13?
4. While the cops are still on the scene, who calls Stephanie to ask if she likes her "present"?
5. Why does Stephanie go to Kuntz Appliances in Chapter 12?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)