|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stephanie cries, how does Morelli react?
(a) He leaves her alone.
(b) He orders more pizza.
(c) He comforts her.
(d) He calls her mother to come stay with her.
2. Where is Benito Ramirez at the end of the book?
(a) He is in the hospital.
(b) He is in jail without bond.
(c) He has fled the country.
(d) He is dead.
3. What does Stephanie do with the check Connie Rosolli gives her for capturing Lonnie Dodd?
(a) She takes a small cut and insists that Ranger get the rest.
(b) She buys a new wardrobe.
(c) She buys a new car.
(d) She repaints Morelli's Jeep to disguise it.
4. Where does Stephanie encounter Joe Morelli at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The parking lot of a fast food restaurant.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) The mall.
(d) Her parents' house.
5. Who do Joe Morelli and Stephanie determine is the only person who knows the truth about Ziggy Kulesza's murder?
(a) Benito Ramirez, who may or may not talk.
(d) Vincent Plum.
6. Once Stephanie and Joe Morelli begin to work together, how does Morelli plan to gather information and know when to come to Stephanie's rescue if necessary?
(a) He will disguise himself and pretend to be a female friend of Stephanie's.
(b) He plans to watch her through binoculars.
(c) He hides in her closet, ready to rush out if needed.
(d) He plants bugs in her apartment and puts a wire on her.
7. When they find out that Benito Ramirez has been released from jail on his own recognizance, what does Joe Morelli suggest that Stephanie do?
(a) Hide out at her parents' home.
(b) Go to Stark Street and act as bait to draw out Ramirez.
(c) Move in with her sister, Valerie.
(d) Flee the country.
8. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Lula in Chapter 10?
(a) She has surgery.
(b) She has lost a lot of blood.
(c) She doesn't need to stay in the hospital for her injuries.
(d) She survives her surgery but is still in bad shape.
9. Why does Stephanie go to Kuntz Appliances in Chapter 12?
(a) She wants another date with Bernie Kuntz.
(b) She wants to buy a blender that's on sale.
(c) Her mother needs a new refrigerator.
(d) She thinks Bernie Kuntz knows where Carmen Sanchez is.
10. When Stephanie returns home after her trip to the shooting range, who does she find in her apartment?
(a) Carmen Sanchez.
(b) Jimmy Alpha.
(c) Joe Morelli.
(d) Benito Ramirez.
11. When Jimmy Alpha tells Stephanie that he has spoken with Benito Ramirez and asks Stephanie to stay away from Stark Street for a while, how does Stephanie respond?
(a) She tells Alpha to stay away from Stark Street himself.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She agrees to keep away.
(d) She flees in terror.
12. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the person Stephanie finds in her apartment?
(a) He has cleaned Lula's blood from Stephanie's home.
(b) He is cooking dinner.
(c) Stephanie is not afraid or angry when she sees him.
(d) He tries to kill Stephanie.
13. Who does Stephanie meet at the shooting range in Chapter 10?
(a) Grandma Mazur.
(b) Eddie Gazarra.
(c) Vincent Plum.
(d) Mooch Morelli.
14. How does Stephanie respond to what Joe Morelli does with the keys to his Jeep?
(a) She climbs into the dumpster to retrieve them.
(b) She calls a locksmith to get a duplicate set made.
(c) She calls Morelli's mother to get a spare key.
(d) She tases Morelli.
15. When Benito Ramirez calls Stephanie in Chapter 9, what does he tell her she will have to learn?
(a) How to die.
(b) What happens when someone disrespects the champ.
(c) How much he loves her.
(d) What happens when a woman tries to be a bounty hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Morty Beyers start going door to door in Stephanie's neighborhood showing pictures of Joe Morelli and asking questions about the fugitive cop?
2. What does Stephanie find out while rummaging through the trash dumpster at the restaurant in Chapter 8?
3. Why is Stephanie horrified when Morelli apologizes?
4. How is Stephanie at the beginning of Chapter 14?
5. Why does Stephanie return to Carmen Sanchez's apartment building?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)