|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stephanie hides out inside Joe Morelli's Jeep in front of the gym on Stark Street in Chapter 11, which of the following is NOT part of the theory she gives Jimmy Alpha about Carmen Sanchez and Ziggy Kulesza?
(a) Ziggy got shot, Carmen and the mystery man disappeared, and Morelli took the rap.
(b) Morelli walked in and foiled the plan.
(c) Carmen shot Ziggy.
(d) Ramirez hurt Carmen and sent Ziggy to to keep her quiet.
2. What does Stephanie suggest that Joe Morelli do once they make the gruesome discovery in the refrigeration truck in Chapter 13?
(a) Turn himself in and let the police sort out who killed Kulesza.
(b) Go back into hiding.
(c) Flee to Canada.
(d) Flee to Mexico.
3. What does Stephanie find on her fire escape in Chapter 10?
(a) Joe Morelli.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) Lula naked, beaten, unconscious, & tied to the fire escape.
(d) Carmen Sanchez's corpse.
4. How does Stephanie respond in Chapter 11 when she is attacked and given a fat lip?
(a) She tases her attacker.
(b) She kicks her attacker and blasts him with nerve gas.
(c) She screams and faints.
(d) She uses martial arts to escape.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the deal Joe Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Joe agrees to be apprehended.
(b) He offers Stephanie money to quit trying to apprehend him.
(c) If Stephanie helps find the mystery witness, Joe will protect her.
(d) Stephanie can collect the bounty on him.
6. What does Stephanie find out while rummaging through the trash dumpster at the restaurant in Chapter 8?
(a) She finds Lula's body in the dumpster.
(b) She finds Carmen Sanchez's body in the dumpster.
(c) She learns that the keys Morelli left her aren't the Jeep keys.
(d) She learns John Kuzak, a witness from Carmen Sanchez's building, is dead.
7. What disguise does Stephanie adopt to try to lure Benito Ramirez out into the open?
(a) She dresses like Grandma Mazur.
(b) She dresses like a cop.
(c) She dresses like a nurse.
(d) She dresses like a tramp.
8. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Lula in Chapter 10?
(a) She has surgery.
(b) She has lost a lot of blood.
(c) She doesn't need to stay in the hospital for her injuries.
(d) She survives her surgery but is still in bad shape.
9. When Stephanie returns home after her trip to the shooting range, who does she find in her apartment?
(a) Jimmy Alpha.
(b) Benito Ramirez.
(c) Joe Morelli.
(d) Carmen Sanchez.
10. While still at the gas station where she tries to contact Joe Morelli, what does Stephanie see?
(a) A police squad car staking her out.
(b) Carmen Sanchez's Toyota.
(c) Benito Ramirez's Porsche heading to and from the marina.
(d) Her mother and grandmother.
11. What factors help clear Joe Morelli in Chapter 14?
(a) Sal confessed.
(b) Stephanie's apartment was bugged and Alpha's confession was recorded.
(c) Ramirez confessed.
(d) Louis testified that Alpha was the real killer.
12. How does Joe Morelli reply at the end of the book when Stephanie tells him he's scum?
(a) He says it might be true but he gives good . . . pizza.
(b) He denies that he is.
(c) He admits that he is.
(d) He grins.
13. Joe Morelli tells Stephanie that she will never catch him unless she does what?
(a) Marries him.
(b) Learns to shoot straight.
(c) Helps him solve the Ziggy Kulesza murder.
(d) Kisses him.
14. In Chapter 9, who does Stephanie question on a street corner about Joe, Carmen, and Ramirez?
(a) Mooch Morelli.
(b) Connie Rosolli.
(c) Jimmy Alpha.
(d) Lula and Jackie.
15. In Chapter 12, what reason does Stephanie think someone might have for wanting her dead?
(a) One of Morelli's old girlfriends is insanely jealous.
(b) She is investigating the Ziggy Kulesza murder.
(c) She apprehended the wrong FTA.
(d) One of her old boyfriends is insanely jealous of Morelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police do with the evidence they gather about Ramirez while at Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 10?
2. Who does Stephanie call for assistance when she has difficulty apprehending Lonnie Dodd?
3. What kind of relationship does Joe Morelli ask Stephanie if they could have after all they've been through together?
4. Once Stephanie and Joe Morelli begin to work together, how does Morelli plan to gather information and know when to come to Stephanie's rescue if necessary?
5. What does Stephanie do when she's shot in the rear end?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)