|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Stephanie retrieve her Nova that is parked on Route 1 in Chapter 12?
(a) Her father, Frank Plum.
(b) Vincent Plum.
(c) Connie Rosolli.
(d) Joe Morelli.
2. What does Joe Morelli do with the keys to his Jeep?
(a) He tosses them down a storm drain.
(b) He takes them with him when he flees Stephanie again.
(c) He tosses his keys into the restaurant's dumpster.
(d) He locks them in his Jeep.
3. When Stephanie leaves Joe Morelli's Jeep to stretch during a time she is supposed to remain locked inside it staking out Stark Street, who does she encounter?
(a) Jimmy Alpha.
(b) Benito Ramirez.
(c) Carmen Sanchez.
4. What do the police do with the evidence they gather about Ramirez while at Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 10?
(a) They accuse Stephanie of planting it.
(b) They destroy it.
(c) They take the answering machine tape and go in search of Ramirez.
(d) They tell Stephanie it proves nothing.
5. Which of the following statements is true about Benito Ramirez?
(a) He is not psychotic.
(b) He is obsessed with pain and fear.
(c) He is not dangerous.
(d) He does not want to harm Stephanie.
6. What damages to Stephanie's appearance from her encounters with Benito Ramirez and the would-be Jeep thief concern Stephanie's mother and grandmother?
(a) Facial bruises, singed hair and no eyebrows.
(b) A knot on her temple.
(c) A cut on her arm.
(d) A bullet wound.
7. What does Stephanie suggest that Joe Morelli do once they make the gruesome discovery in the refrigeration truck in Chapter 13?
(a) Flee to Mexico.
(b) Go back into hiding.
(c) Turn himself in and let the police sort out who killed Kulesza.
(d) Flee to Canada.
8. Why is Stephanie horrified when Morelli apologizes?
(a) She didn't know about the poem.
(b) She thinks she should apologize to him.
(c) She knows she's a lousy bounty hunter.
(d) She thinks he's lying.
9. How does Stephanie respond in Chapter 11 when she is attacked and given a fat lip?
(a) She kicks her attacker and blasts him with nerve gas.
(b) She uses martial arts to escape.
(c) She screams and faints.
(d) She tases her attacker.
10. What does Stephanie find on her fire escape in Chapter 10?
(a) Lula naked, beaten, unconscious, & tied to the fire escape.
(b) Joe Morelli.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) Carmen Sanchez's corpse.
11. What does Stephanie do when she's shot in the rear end?
(a) Jump out a window to escape the shooter.
(b) Collapse to the ground, unconscious and bleeding.
(c) Scream and summon a neighbor for assistance.
(d) Reach for the gun in her purse and shoot through her purse in self defense.
12. When Stephanie tells Jimmy Alpha at the end of Chapter 11 that she's going to the police, what does Alpha ask her to do?
(a) Use a gym phone to dial 911.
(b) Rush to the police station in a taxi.
(c) Turn in Ramirez before the boxer hurts someone else.
(d) Wait a day because Ramirez has other assault charges.
13. When Stephanie confronts Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 11 about Benito Ramirez, how does Alpha respond?
(a) He pulls a gun on her.
(b) He defends Ramirez.
(c) He cries.
(d) He runs away from her.
14. Upon arriving at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building, what does Stephanie notice?
(a) That Carmen's door is wide open.
(b) That Mooch Morelli's car is in the parking lot.
(c) That Carmen has returned home.
(d) That the apartment of one of the witnesses was burned.
15. For what does Joe Morelli apologize at the end of the book?
(a) A poem he wrote on a wall about Stephanie Plum.
(b) Not taking Stephanie Plum's bounty hunting seriously.
(c) Not turning himself in sooner.
(d) Not keeping Stephanie Plum safe from Jimmy Alpha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Joe Morelli ask Stephanie if they could have after all they've been through together?
2. Why does Joe Morelli leave town until evening at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. Where does Stephanie encounter Joe Morelli at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 12, what reason does Stephanie think someone might have for wanting her dead?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the person Stephanie finds in her apartment?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)