|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephanie suggest that Joe Morelli do once they make the gruesome discovery in the refrigeration truck in Chapter 13?
(a) Turn himself in and let the police sort out who killed Kulesza.
(b) Flee to Canada.
(c) Flee to Mexico.
(d) Go back into hiding.
2. Where do the police find and arrest Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 14?
(a) At Tasty Pastry.
(b) On Stephanie Plum's fire escape.
(c) At Frank and Helen Plum's house.
(d) At E. E. Martin.
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the incident at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 9?
(a) Witnesses saw a refrigeration truck behind the building.
(b) The burned apartment's tenant was not hurt.
(c) Stephanie finds a dead body in Carmen's apartment.
(d) A plan to eliminate the remaining witnesses to the Kulesza shooting is escalating.
4. What does Stephanie do when she's shot in the rear end?
(a) Collapse to the ground, unconscious and bleeding.
(b) Reach for the gun in her purse and shoot through her purse in self defense.
(c) Jump out a window to escape the shooter.
(d) Scream and summon a neighbor for assistance.
5. Joe Morelli tells Stephanie that she will never catch him unless she does what?
(a) Learns to shoot straight.
(b) Marries him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Helps him solve the Ziggy Kulesza murder.
6. When Benito Ramirez calls Stephanie in Chapter 9, what does he tell Stephanie to expect?
(a) To die.
(b) To give up bounty hunting.
(c) Another nocturnal visit from him.
(d) A present.
7. Who helps Stephanie retrieve her Nova that is parked on Route 1 in Chapter 12?
(a) Her father, Frank Plum.
(b) Vincent Plum.
(c) Joe Morelli.
(d) Connie Rosolli.
8. After turning Joe Morelli in, who does Stephanie find pointing a gun at her back at her apartment?
(a) Benito Ramirez.
(b) Jimmy Alpha.
(c) Sal Bocha.
9. When Stephanie tells Jimmy Alpha at the end of Chapter 11 that she's going to the police, what does Alpha ask her to do?
(a) Turn in Ramirez before the boxer hurts someone else.
(b) Rush to the police station in a taxi.
(c) Use a gym phone to dial 911.
(d) Wait a day because Ramirez has other assault charges.
10. How does Stephanie respond in Chapter 11 when she is attacked and given a fat lip?
(a) She uses martial arts to escape.
(b) She kicks her attacker and blasts him with nerve gas.
(c) She screams and faints.
(d) She tases her attacker.
11. What does Stephanie find on her fire escape in Chapter 10?
(a) Carmen Sanchez's corpse.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) Lula naked, beaten, unconscious, & tied to the fire escape.
(d) Joe Morelli.
12. Once Stephanie and Joe Morelli begin to work together, how does Morelli plan to gather information and know when to come to Stephanie's rescue if necessary?
(a) He will disguise himself and pretend to be a female friend of Stephanie's.
(b) He plans to watch her through binoculars.
(c) He hides in her closet, ready to rush out if needed.
(d) He plants bugs in her apartment and puts a wire on her.
13. Who does Stephanie call for assistance when she has difficulty apprehending Lonnie Dodd?
(a) Connie Rosolli.
(b) Her father, Frank Plum.
(d) Vincent Plum.
14. How does Joe Morelli end up in police custody in Chapter 13 for the murder of Ziggy Kulesza?
(a) He turns himself in.
(b) Stephanie locks him in the refrigeration truck and turns him in.
(c) Morty Byers finds him and turns him in.
(d) Eddie Gazarra finds him and turns him in.
15. Why is Stephanie horrified when Morelli apologizes?
(a) She thinks he's lying.
(b) She knows she's a lousy bounty hunter.
(c) She thinks she should apologize to him.
(d) She didn't know about the poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the would-be thief starts the engine of Joe Morelli's Jeep, what happens?
2. When they find out that Benito Ramirez has been released from jail on his own recognizance, what does Joe Morelli suggest that Stephanie do?
3. When the car alarm in Joe Morelli's Jeep wakens Stephanie, who is trying to commandeer the vehicle that she has already commandeered?
4. How does Stephanie respond to what Joe Morelli does with the keys to his Jeep?
5. During Benito Ramirez's phone call to Stephanie in Chapter 9, what does the woman Ramirez puts on the line do?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)