|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at Kuntz Appliances, which of the following thoughts does NOT occur to Stephanie when she notices that Sal Bocha is cleaning the butcher shop windows across the street?
(a) Sal may have information on Kulesza, Carmen, or the mystery witness with the flattened nose.
(b) She knows Sal is a bookie as well as a butcher.
(c) She wonders why Kulesza drove downtown to buy meat.
(d) She needs to buy steak and a pork roast for her parents.
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the incident at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 9?
(a) The burned apartment's tenant was not hurt.
(b) Stephanie finds a dead body in Carmen's apartment.
(c) Witnesses saw a refrigeration truck behind the building.
(d) A plan to eliminate the remaining witnesses to the Kulesza shooting is escalating.
3. Where is Benito Ramirez at the end of the book?
(a) He has fled the country.
(b) He is in jail without bond.
(c) He is in the hospital.
(d) He is dead.
4. Why does Stephanie go to Kuntz Appliances in Chapter 12?
(a) Her mother needs a new refrigerator.
(b) She thinks Bernie Kuntz knows where Carmen Sanchez is.
(c) She wants another date with Bernie Kuntz.
(d) She wants to buy a blender that's on sale.
5. What does Joe Morelli bring to Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 14?
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) Beer and pizza.
(d) A pair of handcuffs.
6. When the would-be thief starts the engine of Joe Morelli's Jeep, what happens?
(a) A gunshot pierces the night.
(b) It won't start.
(c) It explodes in a bright yellow firebomb.
(d) A woman screams.
7. Joe Morelli tells Stephanie that she will never catch him unless she does what?
(a) Helps him solve the Ziggy Kulesza murder.
(b) Marries him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Learns to shoot straight.
8. Who does Stephanie call for assistance when she has difficulty apprehending Lonnie Dodd?
(b) Connie Rosolli.
(c) Her father, Frank Plum.
(d) Vincent Plum.
9. Which of the following statements is true about Benito Ramirez?
(a) He is obsessed with pain and fear.
(b) He is not dangerous.
(c) He does not want to harm Stephanie.
(d) He is not psychotic.
10. Upon arriving at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building, what does Stephanie notice?
(a) That Carmen's door is wide open.
(b) That the apartment of one of the witnesses was burned.
(c) That Carmen has returned home.
(d) That Mooch Morelli's car is in the parking lot.
11. Who does Stephanie spot while visiting Sal Bocha's butcher shop?
(a) Benito Ramirez.
(b) Jimmy Alpha.
(c) A man fitting the description of the mystery witness.
(d) Carmen Sanchez.
12. How does Eddie Gazarra advise Stephanie to deal with Ramirez's latest threats?
(a) To stay with her parents for a while.
(b) To learn karate.
(c) To be careful and go to the shooting range every afternoon.
(d) To leave town.
13. In Chapter 12, what reason does Stephanie think someone might have for wanting her dead?
(a) One of her old boyfriends is insanely jealous of Morelli.
(b) One of Morelli's old girlfriends is insanely jealous.
(c) She apprehended the wrong FTA.
(d) She is investigating the Ziggy Kulesza murder.
14. While the cops are still on the scene, who calls Stephanie to ask if she likes her "present"?
(a) Jimmy Alpha.
(b) Benito Ramirez.
(c) Vincent Plum.
(d) Connie Rosolli.
15. During Benito Ramirez's phone call to Stephanie in Chapter 9, what does the woman Ramirez puts on the line do?
(a) She tells Stephanie that Ramirez killed Ziggy.
(b) She speaks in a foreign language that Stephanie doesn't recognize.
(c) She tells Stephanie where Morelli is hiding.
(d) She screams and begs for mercy from Ramirez.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Stephanie and Joe Morelli begin to work together, how does Morelli plan to gather information and know when to come to Stephanie's rescue if necessary?
2. What does Joe Morelli do with the keys to his Jeep?
3. Why does Stephanie visit Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 9?
4. What does Stephanie find out while rummaging through the trash dumpster at the restaurant in Chapter 8?
5. What do the police do with the evidence they gather about Ramirez while at Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 10?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)