|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephanie meet at the shooting range in Chapter 10?
(a) Mooch Morelli.
(b) Eddie Gazarra.
(c) Grandma Mazur.
(d) Vincent Plum.
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Lula in Chapter 10?
(a) She has surgery.
(b) She survives her surgery but is still in bad shape.
(c) She doesn't need to stay in the hospital for her injuries.
(d) She has lost a lot of blood.
3. When Stephanie returns home after her trip to the shooting range, who does she find in her apartment?
(a) Carmen Sanchez.
(b) Jimmy Alpha.
(c) Benito Ramirez.
(d) Joe Morelli.
4. What noise wakes Stephanie up one morning and infuriates Joe Morelli in Chapter 11?
(a) A police siren.
(b) The car alarm going off in Morelli's Jeep.
(c) Benito Ramirez pounding on Stephanie's door.
(d) A shotgun blast.
5. What does Joe Morelli bring to Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 14?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A pair of handcuffs.
(d) Beer and pizza.
6. When Stephanie tells Jimmy Alpha at the end of Chapter 11 that she's going to the police, what does Alpha ask her to do?
(a) Wait a day because Ramirez has other assault charges.
(b) Rush to the police station in a taxi.
(c) Use a gym phone to dial 911.
(d) Turn in Ramirez before the boxer hurts someone else.
7. What factors help clear Joe Morelli in Chapter 14?
(a) Stephanie's apartment was bugged and Alpha's confession was recorded.
(b) Ramirez confessed.
(c) Louis testified that Alpha was the real killer.
(d) Sal confessed.
8. Which of the following statements is true about Benito Ramirez?
(a) He does not want to harm Stephanie.
(b) He is not dangerous.
(c) He is not psychotic.
(d) He is obsessed with pain and fear.
9. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the deal Joe Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) He offers Stephanie money to quit trying to apprehend him.
(b) If Stephanie helps find the mystery witness, Joe will protect her.
(c) Stephanie can collect the bounty on him.
(d) Joe agrees to be apprehended.
10. How does Stephanie respond to what Joe Morelli does with the keys to his Jeep?
(a) She climbs into the dumpster to retrieve them.
(b) She tases Morelli.
(c) She calls a locksmith to get a duplicate set made.
(d) She calls Morelli's mother to get a spare key.
11. When the car alarm in Joe Morelli's Jeep wakens Stephanie, who is trying to commandeer the vehicle that she has already commandeered?
(a) Morty Byers.
(b) Carmen Sanchez.
(c) Benito Ramirez.
(d) Jimmy Alpha.
12. How does Joe Morelli end up in police custody in Chapter 13 for the murder of Ziggy Kulesza?
(a) Eddie Gazarra finds him and turns him in.
(b) Stephanie locks him in the refrigeration truck and turns him in.
(c) He turns himself in.
(d) Morty Byers finds him and turns him in.
13. When Benito Ramirez calls Stephanie in Chapter 9, what does he tell her she will have to learn?
(a) How to die.
(b) What happens when someone disrespects the champ.
(c) How much he loves her.
(d) What happens when a woman tries to be a bounty hunter.
14. What does Stephanie tell Joe Morelli about his Jeep when he asks about it at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) It needs new tires.
(b) She has commandeered it.
(c) She wrecked it.
(d) It's been stolen by Carmen Sanchez.
15. In Chapter 9, who does Stephanie question on a street corner about Joe, Carmen, and Ramirez?
(a) Connie Rosolli.
(b) Lula and Jackie.
(c) Mooch Morelli.
(d) Jimmy Alpha.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at Kuntz Appliances, which of the following thoughts does NOT occur to Stephanie when she notices that Sal Bocha is cleaning the butcher shop windows across the street?
2. While the cops are still on the scene, who calls Stephanie to ask if she likes her "present"?
3. Who does Stephanie call for assistance when she has difficulty apprehending Lonnie Dodd?
4. In Chapter 12, what reason does Stephanie think someone might have for wanting her dead?
5. Where does Stephanie encounter Joe Morelli at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)