|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stephanie tells Jimmy Alpha at the end of Chapter 11 that she's going to the police, what does Alpha ask her to do?
(a) Wait a day because Ramirez has other assault charges.
(b) Rush to the police station in a taxi.
(c) Turn in Ramirez before the boxer hurts someone else.
(d) Use a gym phone to dial 911.
2. What makes Morty Beyers start going door to door in Stephanie's neighborhood showing pictures of Joe Morelli and asking questions about the fugitive cop?
(a) Myers thinks he sees Morelli running around the corner.
(b) Myers knows Stephanie is in lust if not love with Morelli.
(c) Myers spots Morelli's Jeep and blue van near Stephanie's apartment.
(d) Myers smells Morelli's cologne in Stephanie's apartment.
3. When Stephanie first shows up at Lonnie Dodd's house to apprehend him, what does Dodd do?
(a) He shoots Stephanie.
(b) He flees out an open window, eluding capture.
(c) He surrenders without a fight.
(d) He throws Stephanie out and keeps her purse and gun.
4. When the car alarm in Joe Morelli's Jeep wakens Stephanie, who is trying to commandeer the vehicle that she has already commandeered?
(a) Jimmy Alpha.
(b) Morty Byers.
(c) Benito Ramirez.
(d) Carmen Sanchez.
5. For what does Joe Morelli apologize at the end of the book?
(a) Not turning himself in sooner.
(b) Not keeping Stephanie Plum safe from Jimmy Alpha.
(c) A poem he wrote on a wall about Stephanie Plum.
(d) Not taking Stephanie Plum's bounty hunting seriously.
6. How does Eddie Gazarra advise Stephanie to deal with Ramirez's latest threats?
(a) To be careful and go to the shooting range every afternoon.
(b) To leave town.
(c) To stay with her parents for a while.
(d) To learn karate.
7. Who does Stephanie spot while visiting Sal Bocha's butcher shop?
(a) Carmen Sanchez.
(b) A man fitting the description of the mystery witness.
(c) Benito Ramirez.
(d) Jimmy Alpha.
8. When the would-be thief starts the engine of Joe Morelli's Jeep, what happens?
(a) A gunshot pierces the night.
(b) A woman screams.
(c) It won't start.
(d) It explodes in a bright yellow firebomb.
9. While at Kuntz Appliances, which of the following thoughts does NOT occur to Stephanie when she notices that Sal Bocha is cleaning the butcher shop windows across the street?
(a) Sal may have information on Kulesza, Carmen, or the mystery witness with the flattened nose.
(b) She wonders why Kulesza drove downtown to buy meat.
(c) She needs to buy steak and a pork roast for her parents.
(d) She knows Sal is a bookie as well as a butcher.
10. Which of the following statements does NOT describe the new FTA that Connie Rosolli assigns Stephanie in Chapter 12?
(a) He lives in Stephanie's apartment building.
(b) He is an arsonist.
(c) He is 76 years old.
(d) He is an exhibitionist.
11. Who is Lonnie Dodd?
(a) He is a witness to the Ziggy shooting.
(b) He is an an FTA who is an auto thief involved in drug dealing.
(c) He kidnapped Carmen Sanchez.
(d) He is Ziggy's real killer.
12. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Joe Morelli's encounter with Stephanie in Chapter 8?
(a) Morelli takes off and once again eludes capture.
(b) Morelli declares his love for Stephanie.
(c) Morelli tells Stephanie he just wants to be left alone.
(d) Morelli tells Stephanie to stay away from him.
13. What kind of relationship does Joe Morelli ask Stephanie if they could have after all they've been through together?
(a) He asks if they can be lovers.
(b) He asks if they can be business partners.
(c) He asks if they can be neighbors.
(d) He asks if they can be friends.
14. What does Stephanie tell Joe Morelli about his Jeep when he asks about it at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) She wrecked it.
(b) It needs new tires.
(c) It's been stolen by Carmen Sanchez.
(d) She has commandeered it.
15. When Jimmy Alpha tells Stephanie that he has spoken with Benito Ramirez and asks Stephanie to stay away from Stark Street for a while, how does Stephanie respond?
(a) She tells Alpha to stay away from Stark Street himself.
(b) She agrees to keep away.
(c) She flees in terror.
(d) She refuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Stephanie retrieve her Nova that is parked on Route 1 in Chapter 12?
2. What do the police do with the evidence they gather about Ramirez while at Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 10?
3. Where is Benito Ramirez at the end of the book?
4. How does Stephanie respond to what Joe Morelli does with the keys to his Jeep?
5. When Stephanie returns home after her trip to the shooting range, who does she find in her apartment?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)