|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephanie call for assistance when she has difficulty apprehending Lonnie Dodd?
(a) Connie Rosolli.
(c) Her father, Frank Plum.
(d) Vincent Plum.
2. What happens to Ranger when he enters Lonnie Dodd's home?
(a) He suffers an asthma attack and lets Dodd get away.
(b) Dodd overpowers him and knocks him unconscious.
(c) Dodd shoots him in the leg with Stephanie's gun.
(d) He breaks a leg during a scuffle with Dodd.
3. While at Kuntz Appliances, which of the following thoughts does NOT occur to Stephanie when she notices that Sal Bocha is cleaning the butcher shop windows across the street?
(a) Sal may have information on Kulesza, Carmen, or the mystery witness with the flattened nose.
(b) She wonders why Kulesza drove downtown to buy meat.
(c) She knows Sal is a bookie as well as a butcher.
(d) She needs to buy steak and a pork roast for her parents.
4. Upon arriving at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building, what does Stephanie notice?
(a) That Mooch Morelli's car is in the parking lot.
(b) That Carmen's door is wide open.
(c) That Carmen has returned home.
(d) That the apartment of one of the witnesses was burned.
5. What does Joe Morelli bring to Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 14?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) Beer and pizza.
(c) A pair of handcuffs.
6. In Chapter 9, who does Stephanie question on a street corner about Joe, Carmen, and Ramirez?
(a) Connie Rosolli.
(b) Jimmy Alpha.
(c) Lula and Jackie.
(d) Mooch Morelli.
7. When Stephanie leaves Joe Morelli's Jeep to stretch during a time she is supposed to remain locked inside it staking out Stark Street, who does she encounter?
(a) Benito Ramirez.
(c) Jimmy Alpha.
(d) Carmen Sanchez.
8. When the car alarm in Joe Morelli's Jeep wakens Stephanie, who is trying to commandeer the vehicle that she has already commandeered?
(a) Carmen Sanchez.
(b) Morty Byers.
(c) Jimmy Alpha.
(d) Benito Ramirez.
9. When Stephanie cries, how does Morelli react?
(a) He calls her mother to come stay with her.
(b) He leaves her alone.
(c) He comforts her.
(d) He orders more pizza.
10. Who is Lonnie Dodd?
(a) He is Ziggy's real killer.
(b) He kidnapped Carmen Sanchez.
(c) He is a witness to the Ziggy shooting.
(d) He is an an FTA who is an auto thief involved in drug dealing.
11. What happens to Jimmy Alpha after he attempts to kill Stephanie?
(a) He died after Stephanie shot him.
(b) He killed himself to avoid jail.
(c) He escaped and is on the run.
(d) He was taken to the hospital and then to jail.
12. Where is Benito Ramirez at the end of the book?
(a) He is in jail without bond.
(b) He has fled the country.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is in the hospital.
13. During Benito Ramirez's phone call to Stephanie in Chapter 9, what does the woman Ramirez puts on the line do?
(a) She screams and begs for mercy from Ramirez.
(b) She speaks in a foreign language that Stephanie doesn't recognize.
(c) She tells Stephanie where Morelli is hiding.
(d) She tells Stephanie that Ramirez killed Ziggy.
14. What does Stephanie tell Joe Morelli about his Jeep when he asks about it at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) She wrecked it.
(b) It needs new tires.
(c) It's been stolen by Carmen Sanchez.
(d) She has commandeered it.
15. Where does Stephanie encounter Joe Morelli at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The parking lot of a fast food restaurant.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) Her parents' house.
(d) The mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does NOT describe the new FTA that Connie Rosolli assigns Stephanie in Chapter 12?
2. When Benito Ramirez calls Stephanie in Chapter 9, what does he tell her she will have to learn?
3. When Jimmy Alpha tells Stephanie that he has spoken with Benito Ramirez and asks Stephanie to stay away from Stark Street for a while, how does Stephanie respond?
4. What is in the back of the refrigeration truck in Chapter 13?
5. Why does Joe Morelli leave town until evening at the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)