|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While still at the gas station where she tries to contact Joe Morelli, what does Stephanie see?
(a) Her mother and grandmother.
(b) A police squad car staking her out.
(c) Benito Ramirez's Porsche heading to and from the marina.
(d) Carmen Sanchez's Toyota.
2. Where is Benito Ramirez at the end of the book?
(a) He has fled the country.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is in jail without bond.
(d) He is in the hospital.
3. Which of the following statements is true about Benito Ramirez?
(a) He is not psychotic.
(b) He is obsessed with pain and fear.
(c) He does not want to harm Stephanie.
(d) He is not dangerous.
4. When Stephanie first shows up at Lonnie Dodd's house to apprehend him, what does Dodd do?
(a) He flees out an open window, eluding capture.
(b) He shoots Stephanie.
(c) He throws Stephanie out and keeps her purse and gun.
(d) He surrenders without a fight.
5. What does Stephanie do with the check Connie Rosolli gives her for capturing Lonnie Dodd?
(a) She repaints Morelli's Jeep to disguise it.
(b) She takes a small cut and insists that Ranger get the rest.
(c) She buys a new wardrobe.
(d) She buys a new car.
6. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Joe Morelli's encounter with Stephanie in Chapter 8?
(a) Morelli declares his love for Stephanie.
(b) Morelli tells Stephanie to stay away from him.
(c) Morelli tells Stephanie he just wants to be left alone.
(d) Morelli takes off and once again eludes capture.
7. In Chapter 9, who does Stephanie question on a street corner about Joe, Carmen, and Ramirez?
(a) Mooch Morelli.
(b) Lula and Jackie.
(c) Connie Rosolli.
(d) Jimmy Alpha.
8. What does Joe Morelli do with the keys to his Jeep?
(a) He tosses them down a storm drain.
(b) He takes them with him when he flees Stephanie again.
(c) He locks them in his Jeep.
(d) He tosses his keys into the restaurant's dumpster.
9. What damages to Stephanie's appearance from her encounters with Benito Ramirez and the would-be Jeep thief concern Stephanie's mother and grandmother?
(a) A bullet wound.
(b) A cut on her arm.
(c) Facial bruises, singed hair and no eyebrows.
(d) A knot on her temple.
10. What does Joe Morelli bring to Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 14?
(b) A pair of handcuffs.
(c) Beer and pizza.
(d) An engagement ring.
11. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's reaction to Benito Ramirez's initial phone call in Chapter 9?
(a) She eventually rips the phone jack out of the wall.
(b) She refuses to answer when the phone keeps ringing.
(c) Stephanie hangs up the phone.
(d) Stephanie records the phone call.
12. Which of the following things is NOT something that Joe Morelli tells Stephanie he will do as soon as the case is over?
(a) Strangle Stephanie and be arrested for murder one if he stays in Trenton.
(b) Move anywhere he won't have to deal with her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Move to Alaska.
13. What kind of relationship does Joe Morelli ask Stephanie if they could have after all they've been through together?
(a) He asks if they can be business partners.
(b) He asks if they can be friends.
(c) He asks if they can be lovers.
(d) He asks if they can be neighbors.
14. How does Joe Morelli reply at the end of the book when Stephanie tells him he's scum?
(a) He admits that he is.
(b) He says it might be true but he gives good . . . pizza.
(c) He grins.
(d) He denies that he is.
15. During Benito Ramirez's phone call to Stephanie in Chapter 9, what does the woman Ramirez puts on the line do?
(a) She tells Stephanie that Ramirez killed Ziggy.
(b) She tells Stephanie where Morelli is hiding.
(c) She speaks in a foreign language that Stephanie doesn't recognize.
(d) She screams and begs for mercy from Ramirez.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they find out that Benito Ramirez has been released from jail on his own recognizance, what does Joe Morelli suggest that Stephanie do?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the deal Joe Morelli proposes to Stephanie at the end of Chapter 10?
3. What noise wakes Stephanie up one morning and infuriates Joe Morelli in Chapter 11?
4. When Stephanie tells Jimmy Alpha at the end of Chapter 11 that she's going to the police, what does Alpha ask her to do?
5. For what does Joe Morelli apologize at the end of the book?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)