|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the car alarm in Joe Morelli's Jeep wakens Stephanie, who is trying to commandeer the vehicle that she has already commandeered?
(a) Carmen Sanchez.
(b) Morty Byers.
(c) Jimmy Alpha.
(d) Benito Ramirez.
2. When Jimmy Alpha tells Stephanie that he has spoken with Benito Ramirez and asks Stephanie to stay away from Stark Street for a while, how does Stephanie respond?
(a) She agrees to keep away.
(b) She tells Alpha to stay away from Stark Street himself.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She flees in terror.
3. How does Joe Morelli end up in police custody in Chapter 13 for the murder of Ziggy Kulesza?
(a) Stephanie locks him in the refrigeration truck and turns him in.
(b) Morty Byers finds him and turns him in.
(c) He turns himself in.
(d) Eddie Gazarra finds him and turns him in.
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the incident at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building in Chapter 9?
(a) A plan to eliminate the remaining witnesses to the Kulesza shooting is escalating.
(b) Witnesses saw a refrigeration truck behind the building.
(c) Stephanie finds a dead body in Carmen's apartment.
(d) The burned apartment's tenant was not hurt.
5. For what does Joe Morelli apologize at the end of the book?
(a) A poem he wrote on a wall about Stephanie Plum.
(b) Not taking Stephanie Plum's bounty hunting seriously.
(c) Not keeping Stephanie Plum safe from Jimmy Alpha.
(d) Not turning himself in sooner.
6. When Joe Morelli calls to announce he's coming to visit her, what does Stephanie tuck into the waistband of her shorts?
(a) Her .38 Special.
(b) Brass knuckles.
(c) Defense spray.
(d) A knife.
7. Why does Stephanie visit Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 9?
(a) To work out at his gym.
(b) To get his fingerprints.
(c) To report Ramirez's latest threats.
(d) To question him about Morelli.
8. What do the police do with the evidence they gather about Ramirez while at Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 10?
(a) They accuse Stephanie of planting it.
(b) They take the answering machine tape and go in search of Ramirez.
(c) They destroy it.
(d) They tell Stephanie it proves nothing.
9. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Joe Morelli's encounter with Stephanie in Chapter 8?
(a) Morelli declares his love for Stephanie.
(b) Morelli tells Stephanie to stay away from him.
(c) Morelli tells Stephanie he just wants to be left alone.
(d) Morelli takes off and once again eludes capture.
10. Which of the following statements does NOT describe the new FTA that Connie Rosolli assigns Stephanie in Chapter 12?
(a) He is 76 years old.
(b) He is an arsonist.
(c) He is an exhibitionist.
(d) He lives in Stephanie's apartment building.
11. How does Stephanie respond in Chapter 11 when she is attacked and given a fat lip?
(a) She kicks her attacker and blasts him with nerve gas.
(b) She uses martial arts to escape.
(c) She tases her attacker.
(d) She screams and faints.
12. What damages to Stephanie's appearance from her encounters with Benito Ramirez and the would-be Jeep thief concern Stephanie's mother and grandmother?
(a) Facial bruises, singed hair and no eyebrows.
(b) A bullet wound.
(c) A knot on her temple.
(d) A cut on her arm.
13. What does Stephanie do with the check Connie Rosolli gives her for capturing Lonnie Dodd?
(a) She repaints Morelli's Jeep to disguise it.
(b) She buys a new car.
(c) She takes a small cut and insists that Ranger get the rest.
(d) She buys a new wardrobe.
14. Upon arriving at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building, what does Stephanie notice?
(a) That Mooch Morelli's car is in the parking lot.
(b) That the apartment of one of the witnesses was burned.
(c) That Carmen has returned home.
(d) That Carmen's door is wide open.
15. What makes Morty Beyers start going door to door in Stephanie's neighborhood showing pictures of Joe Morelli and asking questions about the fugitive cop?
(a) Myers smells Morelli's cologne in Stephanie's apartment.
(b) Myers thinks he sees Morelli running around the corner.
(c) Myers spots Morelli's Jeep and blue van near Stephanie's apartment.
(d) Myers knows Stephanie is in lust if not love with Morelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe Morelli surmise has happened to Carmen Sanchez?
2. Who does Stephanie go to Stark Street for on Lula's behalf in Chapter 10?
3. What kind of relationship does Joe Morelli ask Stephanie if they could have after all they've been through together?
4. When Stephanie first shows up at Lonnie Dodd's house to apprehend him, what does Dodd do?
5. What factors help clear Joe Morelli in Chapter 14?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)