|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephanie call for assistance when she has difficulty apprehending Lonnie Dodd?
(a) Connie Rosolli.
(c) Her father, Frank Plum.
(d) Vincent Plum.
2. Who do Joe Morelli and Stephanie determine is the only person who knows the truth about Ziggy Kulesza's murder?
(b) Benito Ramirez, who may or may not talk.
(d) Vincent Plum.
3. What is in the back of the refrigeration truck in Chapter 13?
(a) A briefcase filled with money.
(b) Heroin and the bodies of Sal, Louis, & Carmen.
(c) The gun Kulesza was carrying when he shot Morelli.
(d) Carmen Sanchez, alive and well.
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Joe Morelli's encounter with Stephanie in Chapter 8?
(a) Morelli takes off and once again eludes capture.
(b) Morelli tells Stephanie to stay away from him.
(c) Morelli declares his love for Stephanie.
(d) Morelli tells Stephanie he just wants to be left alone.
5. How is Stephanie at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Suffering from a nervous breakdown.
(b) Near death after being wounded by Alpha.
(c) Recovering physically but feeling fragile emotionally.
(d) Suffering from a high fever.
6. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's reaction to Benito Ramirez's initial phone call in Chapter 9?
(a) She eventually rips the phone jack out of the wall.
(b) Stephanie hangs up the phone.
(c) She refuses to answer when the phone keeps ringing.
(d) Stephanie records the phone call.
7. When the car alarm in Joe Morelli's Jeep wakens Stephanie, who is trying to commandeer the vehicle that she has already commandeered?
(a) Morty Byers.
(b) Benito Ramirez.
(c) Jimmy Alpha.
(d) Carmen Sanchez.
8. How does Stephanie respond to what Joe Morelli does with the keys to his Jeep?
(a) She calls a locksmith to get a duplicate set made.
(b) She tases Morelli.
(c) She calls Morelli's mother to get a spare key.
(d) She climbs into the dumpster to retrieve them.
9. When the would-be thief starts the engine of Joe Morelli's Jeep, what happens?
(a) A woman screams.
(b) It won't start.
(c) It explodes in a bright yellow firebomb.
(d) A gunshot pierces the night.
10. How does Stephanie reach Joe Morelli to tell him about Louis in Chapter 13?
(a) She dials his cell phone.
(b) She emails him.
(c) She stops at a gas station to call her own number and leave a message for him on her bugged answering machine.
(d) She faxes him.
11. What do Sal and Louis do after Stephanie notices Louis at the butcher shop in Chapter 13?
(a) They shoot each other.
(b) They drive the refrigeration truck to the marina.
(c) They call Ramirez and tell him where Stephanie is.
(d) They shoot Stephanie.
12. What does Stephanie find on her fire escape in Chapter 10?
(a) Carmen Sanchez's corpse.
(b) Joe Morelli.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) Lula naked, beaten, unconscious, & tied to the fire escape.
13. What factors help clear Joe Morelli in Chapter 14?
(a) Ramirez confessed.
(b) Sal confessed.
(c) Stephanie's apartment was bugged and Alpha's confession was recorded.
(d) Louis testified that Alpha was the real killer.
14. When Stephanie first shows up at Lonnie Dodd's house to apprehend him, what does Dodd do?
(a) He surrenders without a fight.
(b) He throws Stephanie out and keeps her purse and gun.
(c) He flees out an open window, eluding capture.
(d) He shoots Stephanie.
15. What does Joe Morelli bring to Stephanie's apartment in Chapter 14?
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) Beer and pizza.
(d) A pair of handcuffs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Benito Ramirez at the end of the book?
2. Why does Stephanie visit Jimmy Alpha in Chapter 9?
3. What damages to Stephanie's appearance from her encounters with Benito Ramirez and the would-be Jeep thief concern Stephanie's mother and grandmother?
4. Why does Joe Morelli leave town until evening at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. What does Joe Morelli surmise has happened to Carmen Sanchez?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)