|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Stephanie behind on her payments for her Mazda Miata?
(a) Joe Morelli promised to pay for the car and broke his word.
(b) She spends all her money on drugs.
(c) She thought her parents were paying for the car.
(d) She has been out of work for six months.
2. What excuse does Stephanie give Jackie and Lula for needing to find Joe Morelli?
(a) She claims she's Morelli's long lost sister.
(b) She claims she's Morelli's new bride.
(c) She claims she's a police officer who once worked with him.
(d) She claims Morelli may have gotten her pregnant.
3. When Joe Morelli learns the reason Stephanie has tracked him down, what does he do?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He gives himself up and lets Stephanie handcuff him.
(c) He steals her car and drives away in it.
(d) He invites her into the hideout and pulls a gun on her.
4. Who does Stephanie call instead of the police, the fire department, or her parents to assist her in freeing herself from the way Joe Morelli leaves her after searching her apartment?
(b) Grandma Mazur.
(c) Carmen Sanchez.
(d) Mooch Morelli.
5. When Stephanie tells Eddie Gazarra about her encounters with Benito Ramirez, what does Gazarra offer to do?
(a) Serve as Stephanie's bodyguard.
(b) Teach Stephanie how to use her .38 Special.
(c) Arrest Ramirez.
(d) Have a talk with Ramirez.
6. What does Eddie Gazarra tell Stephanie that the entire police department is running a pool regarding?
(a) How long it will take Stephanie to capture Morelli.
(b) How long it will take before Stephanie learns to operate her .38 Special.
(c) How long it will be before Stephanie gives up bounty hunting.
(d) How long it will take Morelli to get Stephanie into bed and make her stop tracking him as a bounty hunter.
7. Which of the following statements does NOT describe who Eddie Gazarra is?
(a) He is a New York City policeman.
(b) He is married to Stephanie's cousin, Shirley the Whiner.
(c) He is a close friend of Stephanie's from high school.
(d) He is always there for Stephanie when she needs his help.
8. Who does Stephanie follow in Chapter 2?
(a) Mooch Morelli.
(b) Helen Plum.
(c) Grandma Mazur.
(d) Connie Rossolli.
9. Who is the fugitive that Stephanie must apprehend in order to earn the $10,000 bond?
(a) Morty Byers.
(b) Joe Morelli, her first love who's now a cop wanted for murder.
(c) Helen Plum.
(d) Harry the Hammer.
10. What does Stephanie discover when she visits The Step In, the bar where Carmen Sanchez works?
(a) She discovers Morelli is having dinner there.
(b) She discovers Benito Ramirez is on his way there.
(c) She discovers the bar is closed down.
(d) She finds Carmen and interviews her.
11. Which of the following sentences is NOT true about Ranger?
(a) He works for Vincent Plum plus has other enterprises.
(b) He served in the Special Forces.
(c) He is dark and mysterious.
(d) He refuses to help Stephanie apprehend Joe Morelli.
12. What is Ranger's real name?
(a) Ranger Dominquez.
(b) Cord Marquez.
(c) Ricardo Carlos Manoso.
(d) Larry Camisi.
13. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's snooping around in Joe Morelli's apartment in Chapter 5?
(a) Stephanie finds evidence of Morelli's guilt.
(b) Stephanie is disappointed in how Ranger enters the place.
(c) Stephanie and Ranger don't find anything incriminating.
(d) Joe Morelli is not there.
14. What does Stephanie do in Chapter 7 with her first check from the bail bonds company for the capture of a fugitive?
(a) She pays her rent.
(b) She buys a new car.
(c) She buys herself new lingerie at E. E. Martin.
(d) She buys food and saves for an alarm system for the Jeep.
15. Who is Lenny Gruber?
(a) He is a Trenton cop.
(b) He is a repo man who wants to repossess Stephanie's car.
(c) He is Stephanie's cousin.
(d) He is Stephanie's neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it clear that Jackie and Lula don't believe Stephanie's lie about her relationship with Joe Morelli?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Stephanie remove from Joe Morelli's Jeep before going into hiding nearby?
3. Who nearly has a coronary upon seeing what Grandma Mazur pulls from Stephanie's purse?
4. How does Stephanie find Benito Ramirez's home address?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about how Stephanie responds to Joe Morelli's opinion of her ability to capture him?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)