|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 5, who does Stephanie call in as reinforcement when she goes to Joe Morelli's apartment to snoop around?
(b) Vinnie Plum.
(c) Grandma Mazur.
(d) Her mother.
2. What happens when Grandma Mazur pretends to fire Stephanie's gun?
(a) Grandma Mazur accidentally hits Bernie with the gun.
(b) Grandma Mazur accidentally shoots Stephanie's father.
(c) It actually goes off and hits the roasted chicken on the table.
(d) Grandma Mazur sprains her finger.
3. What is the "secret weapon" that Helen Plum uses in Chapter 4 to entice her daughter to stay for dinner when Stephanie wants to flee her parents' home?
(a) A new car.
(b) A pineapple upside down cake.
(c) A trip to Hawaii.
(d) A check for $500.
4. To Stephanie's horror, what does Joe Morelli fail to do before leaving her apartment?
(a) To turn himself in so she can earn the bond money for him.
(b) To close and lock her front door.
(c) Leave the keys to his Jeep for her.
(d) Unlock her handcuffs.
5. According to what Eddie Gazarra tells Stephanie in Chapter 6 about the night Ziggy was shot, which of the following statements is NOT true about that evening?
(a) Morelli shot Ziggy in self-defense and never got the information from Carmen about the big event about to go down.
(b) Morelli was at Carmen Sanchez's apartment that night.
(c) Carmen is a police informant who told Morelli something big was about to go down.
(d) Carmen shot Ziggy.
6. Once Stephanie discovers Joe Morelli at his hideout in Chapter 2, why doesn't she immediately apprehend him and turn him in for the bounty she can earn?
(a) She's inexperienced and doesn't know what to do next.
(b) She left her gun and handcuffs at home.
(c) Joe's family is with him and they outnumber her.
(d) Joe captures and subdues her before she can capture him.
7. How does Stephanie figure out which apartment is Joe Morelli's hideout?
(a) She knocks on the door and Joe reluctantly answers.
(b) She stakes out the hideout until she sees Joe in a window.
(c) She asks the apartment manager to take her to Joe.
(d) She uses a bloodhound to track Joe.
8. When Stephanie was just six years old, what game does Morelli lure her into his father's garage to play?
9. What kind of message does Stephanie find on Joe Morelli's answering machine while snooping around his apartment?
(a) A threat against Morelli's life from Benito Ramirez.
(b) A steamy message from a woman named Carmen.
(c) A message from his mother about where to hide out.
(d) A message from Mooch about Stephanie being on his trail.
10. From where does Grandma Mazur say she has learned how to operate a revolver?
(a) From the salesman at the local gun store.
(b) From the police department's citizen's patrol.
(c) From taking a firearms safety course.
(d) From watching TV.
11. Who does Stephanie call instead of the police, the fire department, or her parents to assist her in freeing herself from the way Joe Morelli leaves her after searching her apartment?
(a) Mooch Morelli.
(c) Grandma Mazur.
(d) Carmen Sanchez.
12. While Stephanie is on Stark Street, who sends a woman to tell Stephanie that he wants to speak with her?
(a) Jimmy Alpha.
(b) Joe Morelli.
(c) Benito Ramirez.
(d) Eddie Gazarra.
13. What excuse does Stephanie give Jackie and Lula for needing to find Joe Morelli?
(a) She claims she's a police officer who once worked with him.
(b) She claims Morelli may have gotten her pregnant.
(c) She claims she's Morelli's long lost sister.
(d) She claims she's Morelli's new bride.
14. Who does Stephanie's father suggest that she ask about a job as a file clerk?
(a) Joe Morelli's father.
(b) Her old boss back at Tasty Pastry.
(c) Her Grandma Mazur.
(d) Her cousin Vinnie.
15. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stark Street?
(a) It's where Stephanie has to go to talk to Benito Ramirez.
(b) It's the worst street in Trenton.
(c) Stephanie Plum lives there.
(d) It's known for drug trafficking and prostitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Joe Morelli and Stephanie the night before Morelli goes into the Navy?
2. Who nearly has a coronary upon seeing what Grandma Mazur pulls from Stephanie's purse?
3. What does Grandma Mazur retrieve from Stephanie's purse during dinner?
4. What is the name of the section of Trenton in which Stephanie is raised?
5. Who does the man who wants to speak with Stephanie on Stark Street in Chapter 7 manage?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)