|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ziggy Kulesza killed?
(a) He was killed in Joe Morelli's apartment.
(b) He was killed at Vincent Plum's Bail Bond Company.
(c) He was killed in Carmen Sanchez's apartment.
(d) He was killed at Tasty Pastry.
2. Who does Stephanie call instead of the police, the fire department, or her parents to assist her in freeing herself from the way Joe Morelli leaves her after searching her apartment?
(a) Carmen Sanchez.
(b) Mooch Morelli.
(c) Grandma Mazur.
3. Which of the following sentences is NOT true about Ranger?
(a) He served in the Special Forces.
(b) He refuses to help Stephanie apprehend Joe Morelli.
(c) He works for Vincent Plum plus has other enterprises.
(d) He is dark and mysterious.
4. Where does Ranger advise Stephanie to go in Chapter 7 to have Joe Morelli's jeep fitted with the device she wants to install in it?
(a) Al's Auto Body.
(b) Tasty Pastry.
(c) The Trenton Police Department.
(d) The local mall.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Bernie Kuntz?
(a) He's boring.
(b) Stephanie finds him fascinating and interesting.
(c) He's a nice man.
(d) His ability to make it through dinner with her zany family impresses Stephanie.
6. When Stephanie decides she's not comfortable with a gun, what does she buy instead to defend herself against her would-be attacker?
(a) A Doberman Pinscher.
(b) A German Shepherd.
(c) Defense spray and nerve gas.
(d) A knife.
7. What does Joe Morelli do to Stephanie while searching her apartment for what she has taken from his Jeep?
(a) He handcuffs her to the curtain rod.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He tases her.
(d) He maces her.
8. What is Ranger's ethnic background?
(a) He is Italian.
(b) He is African American.
(c) He is Canadian.
(d) He is a second generation Cuban American.
9. Which of the following statements does NOT describe who Eddie Gazarra is?
(a) He is married to Stephanie's cousin, Shirley the Whiner.
(b) He is a New York City policeman.
(c) He is a close friend of Stephanie's from high school.
(d) He is always there for Stephanie when she needs his help.
10. What does Stephanie hesitate to tell her worrisome mother, Helen, for the last six months?
(a) That Morelli is back in town.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she stole a car.
(d) That she was laid off from her job.
11. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's car at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) She finds it with a crude epithet painted on the side.
(b) It's vandalized while she's in the gym.
(c) It's a decrepit Nova that replaced her beloved Miata.
(d) It's a brand new Porsche that Stephanie loves.
12. How does Stephanie get Clarence Sampson to go with her to the Trenton Police Department?
(a) She maces him.
(b) She shoots him with a taser.
(c) He's drunk and agrees to go because she's polite to him.
(d) She has Ranger tackle and overpower him for her.
13. To where does the person Stephanie follows in Chapter 2 lead her?
(a) E. E. Martin.
(b) His mother's house for dinner.
(c) Joe Morelli's hiding place, an apartment downtown.
(d) Tasty Pastry.
14. What kind of message does Stephanie find on Joe Morelli's answering machine while snooping around his apartment?
(a) A threat against Morelli's life from Benito Ramirez.
(b) A message from Mooch about Stephanie being on his trail.
(c) A message from his mother about where to hide out.
(d) A steamy message from a woman named Carmen.
15. Back at the bail bonds office, what does Stephanie confide to Connie Rosolli after her encounter with Joe Morelli?
(a) That the job of capturing Morelli may be too much for her.
(b) That she is in love with Morelli.
(c) That she can't see too well without her glasses.
(d) That her grandmother is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephanie's father suggest that she ask about a job as a file clerk?
2. Who lives with Stephanie's parents, much to the chagrin of her father?
3. When Stephanie calls her chosen rescuer in Chapter 6, how does he respond the first time she calls?
4. While at her parents' house for dinner at the end of Chapter 7, who does Stephanie learn has called her family trying to locate her?
5. What does having Clarence Sampson asleep beside her in the front seat of Joe Morelli's Jeep prevent Stephanie from doing?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)