|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stephanie find Benito Ramirez's home address?
(a) She gets it from Lula and Jackie.
(b) She gets it from Jimmy Alpha.
(c) She tricks someone at the gym into giving her the address.
(d) She follows Ramirez home from the gym.
2. Who does Stephanie's mother, Helen Plum, invite to dine with the family in Chapter 4?
(a) Bernie Kuntz, a potential date for Stephanie.
(b) The local police chief.
(c) Joe Morelli's mother.
(d) Stephanie's cousin Vinnie.
3. What is the "secret weapon" that Helen Plum uses in Chapter 4 to entice her daughter to stay for dinner when Stephanie wants to flee her parents' home?
(a) A trip to Hawaii.
(b) A new car.
(c) A check for $500.
(d) A pineapple upside down cake.
4. While Stephanie is on Stark Street, who sends a woman to tell Stephanie that he wants to speak with her?
(a) Benito Ramirez.
(b) Jimmy Alpha.
(c) Eddie Gazarra.
(d) Joe Morelli.
5. Where do Stephanie and Ranger meet?
(a) At the bail bonds office.
(b) At the Trenton police station.
(c) In a downtown cafe.
(d) At Stephanie's apartment.
6. What does Stephanie discover when she visits The Step In, the bar where Carmen Sanchez works?
(a) She finds Carmen and interviews her.
(b) She discovers Benito Ramirez is on his way there.
(c) She discovers the bar is closed down.
(d) She discovers Morelli is having dinner there.
7. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the second time Stephanie calls her chosen rescuer in Chapter 6?
(a) Her rescuer releases her but not before enjoying her situation.
(b) Her rescuer ignores her call and lets it go to voice mail.
(c) Stephanie convinces her rescuer she's in real trouble.
(d) Her rescuer comes right over to assist her.
8. Who does Stephanie follow in Chapter 2?
(a) Connie Rossolli.
(b) Helen Plum.
(c) Mooch Morelli.
(d) Grandma Mazur.
9. What does Joe Morelli do to Stephanie while searching her apartment for what she has taken from his Jeep?
(a) He maces her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He tases her.
(d) He handcuffs her to the curtain rod.
10. According to what Eddie Gazarra tells Stephanie in Chapter 6 about the night Ziggy was shot, which of the following statements is NOT true about that evening?
(a) Morelli was at Carmen Sanchez's apartment that night.
(b) Morelli shot Ziggy in self-defense and never got the information from Carmen about the big event about to go down.
(c) Carmen is a police informant who told Morelli something big was about to go down.
(d) Carmen shot Ziggy.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 5, how does Ranger enter Joe Morelli's apartment?
(a) With a key from the building super.
(b) By kicking in the door.
(c) By picking the lock on the front door.
(d) Through an open window.
12. Who is the neighborhood bad boy that Stephanie reminisces about in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Vincent Plum.
(b) Frank Plum.
(c) Mooch Morelli.
(d) Joe Morelli.
13. What is Benito Ramirez's relationship to Ziggy Kulesza?
(a) He is Ziggy's boss and a future heavyweight boxing champ.
(b) He is Ziggy's neighbor.
(c) He is Ziggy's rival for Carmen Sanchez's affections.
(d) He is Ziggy's dope dealer.
14. Who nearly has a coronary upon seeing what Grandma Mazur pulls from Stephanie's purse?
(a) Helen Plum, Stephanie's mother.
(b) Bernie Kuntz.
(c) Frank Plum, Stephanie's father.
15. Why is Stephanie behind on her payments for her Mazda Miata?
(a) She spends all her money on drugs.
(b) She thought her parents were paying for the car.
(c) She has been out of work for six months.
(d) Joe Morelli promised to pay for the car and broke his word.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives with Stephanie's parents, much to the chagrin of her father?
2. Who is Harry the Hammer?
3. Where does Ranger advise Stephanie to go in Chapter 7 to have Joe Morelli's jeep fitted with the device she wants to install in it?
4. What does Eddie Gazarra tell Stephanie that the entire police department is running a pool regarding?
5. What does Grandma Mazur retrieve from Stephanie's purse during dinner?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)