|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of message does Stephanie find on Joe Morelli's answering machine while snooping around his apartment?
(a) A threat against Morelli's life from Benito Ramirez.
(b) A message from his mother about where to hide out.
(c) A message from Mooch about Stephanie being on his trail.
(d) A steamy message from a woman named Carmen.
2. According to what Eddie Gazarra tells Stephanie in Chapter 6 about the night Ziggy was shot, which of the following statements is NOT true about that evening?
(a) Carmen is a police informant who told Morelli something big was about to go down.
(b) Morelli was at Carmen Sanchez's apartment that night.
(c) Morelli shot Ziggy in self-defense and never got the information from Carmen about the big event about to go down.
(d) Carmen shot Ziggy.
3. How does Stephanie defend herself from her attacker in Chapter 3?
(a) She uses karate.
(b) She sprays him with mace.
(c) She pulls a gun on him.
(d) She hits him with her purse and knocks him off balance.
4. What is Mooch's relationship to Joe Morelli?
(a) He is Joe's cousin.
(b) He is Joe's brother.
(c) She is Joe's sister.
(d) He is a fellow cop.
5. How old is Stephanie Plum?
6. How does Stephanie get Clarence Sampson to go with her to the Trenton Police Department?
(a) She shoots him with a taser.
(b) She maces him.
(c) She has Ranger tackle and overpower him for her.
(d) He's drunk and agrees to go because she's polite to him.
7. What is the first thing that Stephanie does to track down Joe Morelli?
(a) She posts wanted posters at his favorite bar.
(b) She hides in the parking lot of Morelli's apartment.
(c) She goes on TV and pleads for him to give himself up.
(d) She stakes out his mother's house.
8. Where does Stephanie encounter Joe Morelli in Chapter 3?
(a) At her apartment.
(b) At Vincent Plum's bail bond company.
(c) At her parents' house.
(d) On the stairs of the Stark Street Gym.
9. What does Stephanie do in Chapter 7 with her first check from the bail bonds company for the capture of a fugitive?
(a) She buys herself new lingerie at E. E. Martin.
(b) She buys food and saves for an alarm system for the Jeep.
(c) She pays her rent.
(d) She buys a new car.
10. When Joe Morelli learns the reason Stephanie has tracked him down, what does he do?
(a) He gives himself up and lets Stephanie handcuff him.
(b) He steals her car and drives away in it.
(c) He laughs at her.
(d) He invites her into the hideout and pulls a gun on her.
11. Where do Stephanie and Ranger meet?
(a) At Stephanie's apartment.
(b) At the bail bonds office.
(c) At the Trenton police station.
(d) In a downtown cafe.
12. As Stephanie is leaving Joe Morelli's hideout after confirming he's inside the apartment, what does Joe do?
(a) He dives out an open window to escape her.
(b) He gives himself up and lets Stephanie handcuff him.
(c) He calls Mooch for assistance in subduing Stephanie.
(d) He recognizes her, calls her back, & learns why she's there.
13. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stark Street?
(a) Grandma Mazur lives there.
(b) It's a scary place but one that Stephanie Plum has to visit.
(c) Drug dealers and prositutes hang out there.
(d) The gym where Benito Ramirez works out is located there.
14. What makes it clear that Jackie and Lula don't believe Stephanie's lie about her relationship with Joe Morelli?
(a) They know Morelli and know he's not married.
(b) When Stephanie asks about Carmen Sanchez, one of them asks if Carmen got her pregnant, too.
(c) They know Morelli and know he doesn't have a lost sister.
(d) They call Stephanie a liar and mock her.
15. What does Stephanie do when she spots the keys to Joe Morelli's Jeep Cherokee?
(a) She hides the keys so Morelli won't find them again.
(b) She spraypaints grafiti on the Jeep.
(c) She decides to "commandeer" the Jeep.
(d) She shoots out the Jeep's tires.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephanie questions Carmen Sanchez's neighbors about the Kulesza shooting, who admits to seeing the shooting, knows who the mystery witness is, and where he might be?
2. Why is Stephanie behind on her payments for her Mazda Miata?
3. What smells greet Stephanie on the stairwell of the Stark Street Gym?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what does Stephanie witness Mooch Morelli doing?
5. What is Benito Ramirez's relationship to Ziggy Kulesza?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)