|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ranger advise Stephanie to go in Chapter 7 to have Joe Morelli's jeep fitted with the device she wants to install in it?
(a) Al's Auto Body.
(b) Tasty Pastry.
(c) The Trenton Police Department.
(d) The local mall.
2. Where do Stephanie and Ranger meet?
(a) At the Trenton police station.
(b) In a downtown cafe.
(c) At Stephanie's apartment.
(d) At the bail bonds office.
3. Once Stephanie discovers Joe Morelli at his hideout in Chapter 2, why doesn't she immediately apprehend him and turn him in for the bounty she can earn?
(a) She's inexperienced and doesn't know what to do next.
(b) Joe captures and subdues her before she can capture him.
(c) She left her gun and handcuffs at home.
(d) Joe's family is with him and they outnumber her.
4. Where is Ziggy Kulesza killed?
(a) He was killed in Joe Morelli's apartment.
(b) He was killed at Tasty Pastry.
(c) He was killed at Vincent Plum's Bail Bond Company.
(d) He was killed in Carmen Sanchez's apartment.
5. What kind of message does Stephanie find on Joe Morelli's answering machine while snooping around his apartment?
(a) A message from Mooch about Stephanie being on his trail.
(b) A threat against Morelli's life from Benito Ramirez.
(c) A message from his mother about where to hide out.
(d) A steamy message from a woman named Carmen.
6. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Stephanie's encounter with Joe Morelli in Chapter 3?
(a) Morelli is angry that Stephanie has blown his cover.
(b) Stephanie captures Morelli at last.
(c) Morelli whisks Stephanie away from the gym and Ramirez.
(d) Once again, Stephanie fails to capture Morelli.
7. Where does Stephanie inadvertently leave the item she removes from Morelli's Jeep?
(a) At her parents' house.
(b) In her purse.
(c) In the Jeep's glove box.
(d) In the azalea bushes.
8. What does Grandma Mazur retrieve from Stephanie's purse during dinner?
(a) A camera.
(b) An incriminating tape.
(c) The gun.
(d) A pair of pantyhose.
9. Who enters her bathroom in Chapter 6 while Stephanie is enjoying a hot shower?
(a) Helen Plum.
(b) Vincent Plum.
(c) Joe Morelli.
(d) Benito Ramirez.
10. What does Eddie Gazarra tell Stephanie that the entire police department is running a pool regarding?
(a) How long it will take Morelli to get Stephanie into bed and make her stop tracking him as a bounty hunter.
(b) How long it will take before Stephanie learns to operate her .38 Special.
(c) How long it will be before Stephanie gives up bounty hunting.
(d) How long it will take Stephanie to capture Morelli.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 5, how does Ranger enter Joe Morelli's apartment?
(a) With a key from the building super.
(b) Through an open window.
(c) By kicking in the door.
(d) By picking the lock on the front door.
12. When Stephanie goes to apply for the file clerk job, what other position does the office manager tell her they have an opening for since one of their employees is out with a busted appendix?
(b) Fugitive apprehension agents, i.e., bounty hunters.
(d) Computer programmer.
13. Where has Carmen Sanchez been since Ziggy Kulesza's murder?
(a) She has been missing since the murder.
(b) She has been in police custody since the murder.
(c) She has been in the hospital since the murder.
(d) She has been hiding out in Mexico since the murder.
14. Who is Lenny Gruber?
(a) He is a repo man who wants to repossess Stephanie's car.
(b) He is a Trenton cop.
(c) He is Stephanie's neighbor.
(d) He is Stephanie's cousin.
15. Who shows up at Stephanie's door in Chapter 4, threatening her sexually and terrifying her?
(a) Vincent Plum.
(b) Benito Ramirez.
(c) Harry the Hammer.
(d) Joe Morelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephanie tells Eddie Gazarra about her encounters with Benito Ramirez, what does Gazarra offer to do?
2. Why is Stephanie behind on her payments for her Mazda Miata?
3. How does Stephanie defend herself from her attacker in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Stephanie visit Stark Street in Chapter 7?
5. Which of the following potential witnesses at Carmen Sanchez's apartment building is missing just like Carmen is?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)