|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stephanie go to have dinner at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Her parents' house.
(b) Her cousin Vinnie's house.
(c) Tasty Pastry.
(d) Joe Morelli's parents' house.
2. How does Stephanie get Clarence Sampson to go with her to the Trenton Police Department?
(a) She shoots him with a taser.
(b) She maces him.
(c) He's drunk and agrees to go because she's polite to him.
(d) She has Ranger tackle and overpower him for her.
3. According to what Eddie Gazarra tells Stephanie in Chapter 6 about the night Ziggy was shot, which of the following statements is NOT true about that evening?
(a) Morelli shot Ziggy in self-defense and never got the information from Carmen about the big event about to go down.
(b) Morelli was at Carmen Sanchez's apartment that night.
(c) Carmen is a police informant who told Morelli something big was about to go down.
(d) Carmen shot Ziggy.
4. What happens at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 7 when Stephanie threatens to call the police if Benito Ramirez isn't kept away from her?
(a) Jimmy Alpha threatens Stephanie.
(b) Ramirez attacks Stephanie again.
(c) Jimmy Alpha chases Stephanie away.
(d) Jimmy Alpha promises to keep Ramirez away.
5. Once Stephanie discovers Joe Morelli at his hideout in Chapter 2, why doesn't she immediately apprehend him and turn him in for the bounty she can earn?
(a) She left her gun and handcuffs at home.
(b) Joe captures and subdues her before she can capture him.
(c) Joe's family is with him and they outnumber her.
(d) She's inexperienced and doesn't know what to do next.
6. Who does Stephanie follow in Chapter 2?
(a) Helen Plum.
(b) Mooch Morelli.
(c) Grandma Mazur.
(d) Connie Rossolli.
7. Who is Harry the Hammer?
(a) The Trenton chief of police.
(b) A bank president.
(c) The mayor of Trenton.
(d) Vincent Plum's father-in-law.
8. Where does Stephanie inadvertently leave the item she removes from Morelli's Jeep?
(a) In her purse.
(b) In the azalea bushes.
(c) In the Jeep's glove box.
(d) At her parents' house.
9. What does Joe Morelli do to Stephanie while searching her apartment for what she has taken from his Jeep?
(a) He maces her.
(b) He tases her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He handcuffs her to the curtain rod.
10. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the second time Stephanie calls her chosen rescuer in Chapter 6?
(a) Stephanie convinces her rescuer she's in real trouble.
(b) Her rescuer releases her but not before enjoying her situation.
(c) Her rescuer comes right over to assist her.
(d) Her rescuer ignores her call and lets it go to voice mail.
11. To Stephanie's horror, what does Joe Morelli fail to do before leaving her apartment?
(a) To close and lock her front door.
(b) To turn himself in so she can earn the bond money for him.
(c) Unlock her handcuffs.
(d) Leave the keys to his Jeep for her.
12. Who is Lenny Gruber?
(a) He is a Trenton cop.
(b) He is a repo man who wants to repossess Stephanie's car.
(c) He is Stephanie's neighbor.
(d) He is Stephanie's cousin.
13. What does Stephanie hesitate to tell her worrisome mother, Helen, for the last six months?
(a) That Morelli is back in town.
(b) That she was laid off from her job.
(c) That she stole a car.
(d) That she is pregnant.
14. What makes it clear that Jackie and Lula don't believe Stephanie's lie about her relationship with Joe Morelli?
(a) They know Morelli and know he doesn't have a lost sister.
(b) They call Stephanie a liar and mock her.
(c) They know Morelli and know he's not married.
(d) When Stephanie asks about Carmen Sanchez, one of them asks if Carmen got her pregnant, too.
15. Where does Ranger advise Stephanie to go in Chapter 7 to have Joe Morelli's jeep fitted with the device she wants to install in it?
(a) Tasty Pastry.
(b) Al's Auto Body.
(c) The Trenton Police Department.
(d) The local mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters her bathroom in Chapter 6 while Stephanie is enjoying a hot shower?
2. What does Stephanie threaten to do in order to get a job in Chapter 1?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what does Stephanie remove from Joe Morelli's Jeep before going into hiding nearby?
4. Who does Stephanie's mother, Helen Plum, invite to dine with the family in Chapter 4?
5. What happens when Grandma Mazur pretends to fire Stephanie's gun?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)