|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephanie do at E. E. Martin?
(a) She was a lingerie buyer.
(b) She attended school there.
(c) She worked as a security guard.
(d) She sold bail bonds.
2. Where do Stephanie and Ranger meet?
(a) At the bail bonds office.
(b) At Stephanie's apartment.
(c) In a downtown cafe.
(d) At the Trenton police station.
3. What smells greet Stephanie on the stairwell of the Stark Street Gym?
(a) The smells of fried chicken and french fries.
(b) The smells of urine and sweat.
(c) The smells of roses and honeysuckle.
(d) The smells of wine and whiskey.
4. What kind of message does Stephanie find on Joe Morelli's answering machine while snooping around his apartment?
(a) A steamy message from a woman named Carmen.
(b) A threat against Morelli's life from Benito Ramirez.
(c) A message from his mother about where to hide out.
(d) A message from Mooch about Stephanie being on his trail.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 5, how does Ranger enter Joe Morelli's apartment?
(a) Through an open window.
(b) By picking the lock on the front door.
(c) By kicking in the door.
(d) With a key from the building super.
6. While at her parents' house for dinner at the end of Chapter 7, who does Stephanie learn has called her family trying to locate her?
(a) Joe Morelli.
(b) Benito Ramirez.
(c) Eddie Gazarra.
(d) Connie Rosolli.
7. How does Mrs. Morelli treat Stephanie when Stephanie visits her?
(a) She chases Stephanie away with a gun.
(b) She treats Stephanie like a child and humiliates her.
(c) She ignores Stephanie.
(d) She gives Stephanie a warm welcome.
8. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the second time Stephanie calls her chosen rescuer in Chapter 6?
(a) Her rescuer comes right over to assist her.
(b) Her rescuer ignores her call and lets it go to voice mail.
(c) Her rescuer releases her but not before enjoying her situation.
(d) Stephanie convinces her rescuer she's in real trouble.
9. Who is Harry the Hammer?
(a) A bank president.
(b) The Trenton chief of police.
(c) Vincent Plum's father-in-law.
(d) The mayor of Trenton.
10. Who is the neighborhood bad boy that Stephanie reminisces about in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Mooch Morelli.
(b) Vincent Plum.
(c) Frank Plum.
(d) Joe Morelli.
11. Who nearly has a coronary upon seeing what Grandma Mazur pulls from Stephanie's purse?
(a) Frank Plum, Stephanie's father.
(c) Bernie Kuntz.
(d) Helen Plum, Stephanie's mother.
12. How does Stephanie figure out which apartment is Joe Morelli's hideout?
(a) She stakes out the hideout until she sees Joe in a window.
(b) She knocks on the door and Joe reluctantly answers.
(c) She uses a bloodhound to track Joe.
(d) She asks the apartment manager to take her to Joe.
13. What happens at the Stark Street Gym in Chapter 7 when Stephanie threatens to call the police if Benito Ramirez isn't kept away from her?
(a) Jimmy Alpha chases Stephanie away.
(b) Jimmy Alpha promises to keep Ramirez away.
(c) Jimmy Alpha threatens Stephanie.
(d) Ramirez attacks Stephanie again.
14. When Joe Morelli learns the reason Stephanie has tracked him down, what does he do?
(a) He steals her car and drives away in it.
(b) He invites her into the hideout and pulls a gun on her.
(c) He gives himself up and lets Stephanie handcuff him.
(d) He laughs at her.
15. What is Vinnie's response when Stephanie, in desperate need of money, approaches him for an advance?
(a) He tells her to bring in Morelli if she wants money.
(b) He laughs and offers her another FTA that could net fast cash.
(c) He tells her to get another job because she's a lousy bounty hunter.
(d) He gives her $1000.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Connie Rosolli suggest that Stephanie meet Ranger?
2. What does Grandma Mazur retrieve from Stephanie's purse during dinner?
3. What is Benito Ramirez's trademark?
4. What does Stephanie discover when she visits The Step In, the bar where Carmen Sanchez works?
5. Who is Lenny Gruber?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)