|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bradford beg Myron to find?
2. Who does Clay say cut him?
3. Why does Myron think Mabel killed Anita?
4. Why does Myron think Mabel killed Brenda?
5. Who does Al say Arthur was involved with during the riots?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fight between Myron and the Bradfords in this section.
2. Why does Myron turn down Brenda?
3. What does Norm Zuckerman tell Myron at the end of Chapter 27?
4. How does Myron react when he sees Jessica standing outside the cemetery?
5. Why does Wickner kill himself?
6. Why doesn't Al like the Bradfords?
7. What does Arthur say is the truth about Elizabeth's death?
8. How does Myron think Horace died?
9. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
10. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Myron's character across the whole series.
1. How does the author develop Myron's character across the whole series?
2. What new elements does ONE FALSE MOVE add to Myron's character?
Essay Topic 2
How does Wickner's death guilt affect his life? Why does he decide suicide is his only option? What would have happened to him if he had exposed the Bradford family earlier?
Essay Topic 3
ONE FALSE MOVE is part of the crime fiction genre.
1. What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2. How does Myron series fit into crime fiction? Does Coben introduce any new ideas?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)