|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of column did Deborah Whittaker write?
2. What agreement does Myron make with Esperanza?
3. How do Bradford's men react when Myron questions them about hitting Mabel?
4. Who is waiting for Myron outside the Bradford estate?
5. What does Win do while Myron talks to Arthur Bradford?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is Myron faced with when he first arrives at Wickner's cabin?
2. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
3. What does Norm Zuckerman tell Myron at the end of Chapter 27?
4. Why does Wickner kill himself?
5. How did Myron realize Mabel had been lying to him?
6. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
7. Why does Mabel say she killed Anita, Horace and Brenda?
8. How does Bradford say he dealt with Mabel?
9. How does Win persuade Jackson to talk?
10. Why doesn't Al like the Bradfords?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote ONE FALSE MOVE in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
ONE FALSE MOVE is part of the crime fiction genre.
1. What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2. How does Myron series fit into crime fiction? Does Coben introduce any new ideas?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)