|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Myron find Norm Zuckerman when he goes into the basketball stadium?
2. What is Sam reading in Chapter 26?
3. Where does Chance tell Myron to wait?
4. Where does Myron drive to after talking to Mabel?
5. Why does Deborah think Elizabeth could not have been hospitalized?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mabel say Anita and Horace helped her?
2. What do Win and Myron find out about Brenda in Chapter 35?
3. What does Arthur say is the truth about Elizabeth's death?
4. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
5. How does Win persuade Jackson to talk?
6. What information does Francine give Myron in this section?
7. What does Arthur Bradford tell Myron about his wife?
8. Why do the detectives say they want to speak to Brenda?
9. How does Myron think Horace died?
10. What does Norm Zuckerman tell Myron at the end of Chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Brenda's death affect Myron? How do you think their relationship would have developed? How does Brenda's death affect Myron's relationship with Julia?
Essay Topic 2
How does Wickner's death guilt affect his life? Why does he decide suicide is his only option? What would have happened to him if he had exposed the Bradford family earlier?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)