|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Myron visit in Chapter 27?
2. Who is the star of the new women's basketball league.
3. What did Elizabeth stop attending six months before her death?
4. What does Mabel say she turned to when her husband died?
5. Where does Myron meet Arthur in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur say is the truth about Elizabeth's death?
2. What do Win and Myron find out about Brenda in Chapter 35?
3. How does Win persuade Jackson to talk?
4. How did Myron realize Mabel had been lying to him?
5. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
6. How did the Bradfords cover up Elizabeth's death?
7. How does Mabel say Anita and Horace helped her?
8. How does Myron think Horace died?
9. Why does Myron turn down Brenda?
10. How does Bradford say he dealt with Mabel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
ONE FALSE MOVE is part of the crime fiction genre.
1. What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2. How does Myron series fit into crime fiction? Does Coben introduce any new ideas?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Myron's methods as a detective.
1) What is the evidence that leads to Myron solving the case?
2) What mistakes does Myron make during the course of the story? How does he rectify his mistakes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Arthur's feelings for Brenda.
1) How did not having a real relationship with Brenda affect Arthur?
2) How does Brenda's death affect Arthur?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)