|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Myron angry with Win in Chapter 29?
2. What did Elizabeth stop attending six months before her death?
3. What does Myron accuse Mabel of?
4. Who does Myron visit in Chapter 36?
5. Why does Myron think Mabel killed Horace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur say is the truth about Elizabeth's death?
2. How does Bradford say he dealt with Mabel?
3. How does Mabel say she lured Brenda away to kill her?
4. Why do the detectives say they want to speak to Brenda?
5. Why does Myron turn down Brenda?
6. What agreement does Myron come to with Esperanza in this section?
7. How does Mabel say Anita and Horace helped her?
8. How is Brenda's body discovered?
9. How did the Bradfords cover up Elizabeth's death?
10. What does Norm Zuckerman tell Myron at the end of Chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote ONE FALSE MOVE in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
How does Wickner's death guilt affect his life? Why does he decide suicide is his only option? What would have happened to him if he had exposed the Bradford family earlier?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)