|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Norm say has disappeared?
2. Who does Bradford say is his daughter?
3. How does Esperanza know Big Cyndi?
4. Why does Deborah think Elizabeth could not have been hospitalized?
5. In what part of his body does Arthur shoot Chance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Myron realize Mabel had been lying to him?
2. Why does Mabel say she killed Anita, Horace and Brenda?
3. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
4. Why does the picnic prove a welcome distraction for Brenda and Myron?
5. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
6. Why does Wickner kill himself?
7. What does Brenda tell Myron about the last time she saw her father?
8. How did the Bradfords cover up Elizabeth's death?
9. What problems is Myron faced with when he first arrives at Wickner's cabin?
10. How does Win persuade Jackson to talk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Examine Myron's methods as a detective.
1) What is the evidence that leads to Myron solving the case?
2) What mistakes does Myron make during the course of the story? How does he rectify his mistakes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Myron's character across the whole series.
1. How does the author develop Myron's character across the whole series?
2. What new elements does ONE FALSE MOVE add to Myron's character?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)