|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arthur say Elizabeth killed herself?
2. Where do Myron's ambushers take him?
3. Who does Myron point his gun at?
4. What are the names of Bradford's two body guards?
5. Where was Brenda shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What agreement does Myron come to with Esperanza in this section?
2. What new information does Win give Myron on the way to meeting Clay Jackson?
3. Why does Wickner kill himself?
4. What do Win and Myron find out about Brenda in Chapter 35?
5. What does Arthur Bradford tell Myron about his wife?
6. What secret has Bradford been keeping all these years?
7. How is Brenda's body discovered?
8. What problems is Myron faced with when he first arrives at Wickner's cabin?
9. How did Myron realize Mabel had been lying to him?
10. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote ONE FALSE MOVE in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Myron's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Myron hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Myron's ideas about life?
3. How has Myron's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)