|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Myron's father?
2. What newspaper did Deborah write for?
3. Why does Deborah think Elizabeth could not have been hospitalized?
4. Where does Myron find Norm Zuckerman when he goes into the basketball stadium?
5. Which member of Myron's family does Mario mention to Myron?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Myron turn down Brenda?
2. What secret has Bradford been keeping all these years?
3. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
4. Why does Mabel say she killed Anita, Horace and Brenda?
5. Why does the picnic prove a welcome distraction for Brenda and Myron?
6. How did Myron realize Mabel had been lying to him?
7. Why does Wickner kill himself?
8. What does Arthur Bradford tell Myron about his wife?
9. How does Myron think Horace died?
10. What does Brenda tell Myron about the last time she saw her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1990s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the criminal mind.
1) In what ways is Anita the perfect example of a criminal mind?
2) How much research do you think was needed to make Mabel a realistic criminal?
3) How does Coben develop Mabel's character to make her realistic as a murderer and psychopath?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Myron's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Myron hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Myron's ideas about life?
3. How has Myron's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)