|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arthur say Elizabeth killed herself?
2. Where does Myron kick the large man?
3. What kind of weapon are the eight men who confront Myron and Win carrying?
4. Whose home does Myron arrive at in Chapter 37?
5. What is Sam reading in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myron think Horace died?
2. How does Mabel say Anita and Horace helped her?
3. Why do the detectives say they want to speak to Brenda?
4. How does Bradford say he dealt with Mabel?
5. What does Arthur Bradford tell Myron about his wife?
6. How does Myron react when he sees Jessica standing outside the cemetery?
7. What agreement does Myron come to with Esperanza in this section?
8. How does Mabel say she lured Brenda away to kill her?
9. What information does Francine give Myron in this section?
10. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Athur's feelings for Elizabeth.
1) How did Elizabeth's mental illness affect Arthur?
2) How do the students think their relationship would have developed if she were not mentally ill?
3) How much was Elizabeth's mental illness responsible for Arthur having an affair with Anita?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the partnership between Win and Myron.
1) What are the dynamics of their partnership?
2) How do they work together to solve the case?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)