|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Myron angry with Win in Chapter 29?
2. Who arrives at the cemetery to meet Myron?
3. Who does Clay say cut him?
4. What newspaper did Deborah write for?
5. Why does Deborah think Elizabeth could not have been hospitalized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does Win give Myron on the way to meeting Clay Jackson?
2. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
3. Why does Myron turn down Brenda?
4. Why doesn't Al like the Bradfords?
5. Describe the fight between Myron and the Bradfords in this section.
6. What does Brenda tell Myron about the last time she saw her father?
7. Why does the picnic prove a welcome distraction for Brenda and Myron?
8. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
9. What does Arthur Bradford tell Myron about his wife?
10. What problems is Myron faced with when he first arrives at Wickner's cabin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios:
1. Brenda murdered her father.
2. Myron kills one of the Bradfords.
3. Anita is found alive.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Athur's feelings for Elizabeth.
1) How did Elizabeth's mental illness affect Arthur?
2) How do the students think their relationship would have developed if she were not mentally ill?
3) How much was Elizabeth's mental illness responsible for Arthur having an affair with Anita?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)