|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Bradford's two body guards?
2. Where do Myron's ambushers take him?
3. What is the name of Myron's father?
4. Who does Myron say he is trying to keep out of jail?
5. Why does Myron think Mabel killed Brenda?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote ONE FALSE MOVE in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Athur's feelings for Elizabeth.
1) How did Elizabeth's mental illness affect Arthur?
2) How do the students think their relationship would have developed if she were not mentally ill?
3) How much was Elizabeth's mental illness responsible for Arthur having an affair with Anita?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)