|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Myron point his gun at?
2. What does Win do to Clay's face?
3. Where does Myron find Norm Zuckerman when he goes into the basketball stadium?
4. How does Big Cyndi greet Myron outside his office?
5. Why is Myron angry with Win in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mabel say she lured Brenda away to kill her?
2. How does Myron react when he sees Jessica standing outside the cemetery?
3. Why does Mabel say she killed Anita, Horace and Brenda?
4. What secret has Bradford been keeping all these years?
5. What new information does Win give Myron on the way to meeting Clay Jackson?
6. What does Norm Zuckerman tell Myron at the end of Chapter 27?
7. How does Bradford say he dealt with Mabel?
8. Why does Myron turn down Brenda?
9. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
10. Why do the detectives say they want to speak to Brenda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the partnership between Win and Myron.
1) What are the dynamics of their partnership?
2) How do they work together to solve the case?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote ONE FALSE MOVE in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)