|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Win say Brenda left practice?
2. Where does Chance tell Myron to wait?
3. In what part of his body does Arthur shoot Chance?
4. Why is Myron angry with Win in Chapter 29?
5. Who does Clay say cut him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
2. What new information does Win give Myron on the way to meeting Clay Jackson?
3. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
4. What problems is Myron faced with when he first arrives at Wickner's cabin?
5. How does Bradford say he dealt with Mabel?
6. Why does the picnic prove a welcome distraction for Brenda and Myron?
7. What agreement does Myron come to with Esperanza in this section?
8. What does Arthur say is the truth about Elizabeth's death?
9. Why does Myron turn down Brenda?
10. What secret has Bradford been keeping all these years?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Myron's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Myron hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Myron's ideas about life?
3. How has Myron's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Arthur's feelings for Brenda.
1) How did not having a real relationship with Brenda affect Arthur?
2) How does Brenda's death affect Arthur?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the partnership between Win and Myron.
1) What are the dynamics of their partnership?
2) How do they work together to solve the case?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)