|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Myron say he is trying to keep out of jail?
2. What will happen to Anita if she comes back to see Brenda?
3. Who does Myron visit in Chapter 27?
4. Who arrives at the cemetery to meet Myron?
5. What is the name of the detective Myron wants to meet in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur say is the truth about Elizabeth's death?
2. What agreement does Myron come to with Esperanza in this section?
3. Why do the detectives say they want to speak to Brenda?
4. How did the Bradfords cover up Elizabeth's death?
5. How does Win persuade Jackson to talk?
6. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
7. Why does Wickner kill himself?
8. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
9. What secret has Bradford been keeping all these years?
10. Why doesn't Al like the Bradfords?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Arthur's feelings for Brenda.
1) How did not having a real relationship with Brenda affect Arthur?
2) How does Brenda's death affect Arthur?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Myron's methods as a detective.
1) What is the evidence that leads to Myron solving the case?
2) What mistakes does Myron make during the course of the story? How does he rectify his mistakes?
Essay Topic 3
ONE FALSE MOVE is part of the crime fiction genre.
1. What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2. How does Myron series fit into crime fiction? Does Coben introduce any new ideas?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)