|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the cemetery to meet Myron?
2. Who does Win say has been trying to reach Myron?
3. What locates Brenda's body?
4. What does Win do to Clay's face?
5. How does Mabel say she led Brenda away from basketball practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Al like the Bradfords?
2. What problems is Myron faced with when he first arrives at Wickner's cabin?
3. How does Mabel say Anita and Horace helped her?
4. How did the Bradfords cover up Elizabeth's death?
5. How does Bradford say he dealt with Mabel?
6. What does Brenda tell Myron about the last time she saw her father?
7. How does Myron react when he sees Jessica standing outside the cemetery?
8. How is Brenda's body discovered?
9. Why does Mabel say she killed Anita, Horace and Brenda?
10. What does Arthur Bradford tell Myron about his wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Arthur's feelings for Brenda.
1) How did not having a real relationship with Brenda affect Arthur?
2) How does Brenda's death affect Arthur?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Wickner's death guilt affect his life? Why does he decide suicide is his only option? What would have happened to him if he had exposed the Bradford family earlier?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)