|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Myron's family does Mario mention to Myron?
2. What does Clay use to support himself?
3. Who arrives at the cemetery to meet Myron?
4. What newspaper did Deborah write for?
5. Whose home does Myron arrive at in Chapter 37?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1990s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Arthur's feelings for Brenda.
1) How did not having a real relationship with Brenda affect Arthur?
2) How does Brenda's death affect Arthur?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios:
1. Brenda murdered her father.
2. Myron kills one of the Bradfords.
3. Anita is found alive.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)