|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Myron find Norm Zuckerman when he goes into the basketball stadium?
2. What did the Bradfords leave on Myron's bed?
3. Who arrives at the cemetery to meet Myron?
4. Where did Chance and Sam find Anita's dead body?
5. Where does Myron drive to in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur Bradford tell Myron about his wife?
2. Why does the picnic prove a welcome distraction for Brenda and Myron?
3. How is Brenda's body discovered?
4. Why does Wickner kill himself?
5. Why doesn't Al like the Bradfords?
6. How does Win persuade Jackson to talk?
7. What problems is Myron faced with when he first arrives at Wickner's cabin?
8. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
9. How does Mabel say Anita and Horace helped her?
10. What agreement does Myron come to with Esperanza in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
ONE FALSE MOVE is part of the crime fiction genre.
1. What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2. How does Myron series fit into crime fiction? Does Coben introduce any new ideas?
Essay Topic 2
How does Wickner's death guilt affect his life? Why does he decide suicide is his only option? What would have happened to him if he had exposed the Bradford family earlier?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the criminal mind.
1) In what ways is Anita the perfect example of a criminal mind?
2) How much research do you think was needed to make Mabel a realistic criminal?
3) How does Coben develop Mabel's character to make her realistic as a murderer and psychopath?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)