|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Myron meet Arthur in Chapter 22?
2. Who does Myron point his gun at?
3. Whose death has Esperanza researched for Myron?
4. What locates Brenda's body?
5. Where was Brenda shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur Bradford tell Myron about his wife?
2. How does Myron think Horace died?
3. How does Bradford say he dealt with Mabel?
4. How did the Bradfords cover up Elizabeth's death?
5. How does Mabel say Anita and Horace helped her?
6. Why does Mabel say she killed Anita, Horace and Brenda?
7. What do Win and Myron find out about Brenda in Chapter 35?
8. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
9. How did Myron realize Mabel had been lying to him?
10. What problems is Myron faced with when he first arrives at Wickner's cabin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
ONE FALSE MOVE is part of the crime fiction genre.
1. What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2. How does Myron series fit into crime fiction? Does Coben introduce any new ideas?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Athur's feelings for Elizabeth.
1) How did Elizabeth's mental illness affect Arthur?
2) How do the students think their relationship would have developed if she were not mentally ill?
3) How much was Elizabeth's mental illness responsible for Arthur having an affair with Anita?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios:
1. Brenda murdered her father.
2. Myron kills one of the Bradfords.
3. Anita is found alive.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)