|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What agreement does Myron make with Esperanza?
2. Why does Myron tell Jessica he is not himself?
3. How does Myron know that Anita never called Mabel?
4. Where had Anita Slaughter been found bleeding?
5. Who does Al say Arthur was involved with during the riots?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mabel say she killed Anita, Horace and Brenda?
2. Why does Wickner kill himself?
3. How did Myron realize Mabel had been lying to him?
4. How does Bradford say he dealt with Mabel?
5. What do Win and Myron find out about Brenda in Chapter 35?
6. What information does Francine give Myron in this section?
7. How did the Bradfords cover up Elizabeth's death?
8. How does Mabel say Anita and Horace helped her?
9. How does Mabel say she lured Brenda away to kill her?
10. What does Arthur Bradford tell Myron about his wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Arthur's feelings for Brenda.
1) How did not having a real relationship with Brenda affect Arthur?
2) How does Brenda's death affect Arthur?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)