|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death has Esperanza researched for Myron?
2. Who is waiting for Myron outside the Bradford estate?
3. How does Big Cyndi greet Myron outside his office?
4. What does Myron accuse Mabel of?
5. What does Mabel say she turned to when her husband died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does Win give Myron on the way to meeting Clay Jackson?
2. Why doesn't Al like the Bradfords?
3. Why does Myron turn down Brenda?
4. How does Mabel say she lured Brenda away to kill her?
5. What secret has Bradford been keeping all these years?
6. How does Win persuade Jackson to talk?
7. How does Bradford say he dealt with Mabel?
8. What does Arthur Bradford tell Myron about his wife?
9. What information does Francine give Myron in this section?
10. How did the Bradfords cover up Elizabeth's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Athur's feelings for Elizabeth.
1) How did Elizabeth's mental illness affect Arthur?
2) How do the students think their relationship would have developed if she were not mentally ill?
3) How much was Elizabeth's mental illness responsible for Arthur having an affair with Anita?
Essay Topic 2
How does Wickner's death guilt affect his life? Why does he decide suicide is his only option? What would have happened to him if he had exposed the Bradford family earlier?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1990s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)