|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chance tell Myron to wait?
2. Where does Win drop off Myron?
3. What is the name of Mabel's son?
4. What is Bradford doing when Myron meets him in Chapter 26?
5. What kind of problem did people believe Elizabeth had?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur say is the truth about Elizabeth's death?
2. How did the Bradfords cover up Elizabeth's death?
3. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
4. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
5. Why doesn't Al like the Bradfords?
6. What does Norm Zuckerman tell Myron at the end of Chapter 27?
7. What new information does Win give Myron on the way to meeting Clay Jackson?
8. Why does Wickner kill himself?
9. How does Myron think Horace died?
10. How does Myron react when he sees Jessica standing outside the cemetery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Athur's feelings for Elizabeth.
1) How did Elizabeth's mental illness affect Arthur?
2) How do the students think their relationship would have developed if she were not mentally ill?
3) How much was Elizabeth's mental illness responsible for Arthur having an affair with Anita?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Myron's methods as a detective.
1) What is the evidence that leads to Myron solving the case?
2) What mistakes does Myron make during the course of the story? How does he rectify his mistakes?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)