|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the detectives think killed Horace?
2. Who does Pomeranz think Myron is working for?
3. Why is Brenda shocked when she enters the hotel lobby?
4. What kind of order did Brenda have against her father?
5. What is the name of Myron's girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mabel tell Myron about her son Terrance?
2. How does Norm Zuckerman want Myron to help?
3. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's apartment?
4. How does Myron deal with Mario's attack?
5. What does Bradford say he wants Myron to tell him?
6. What does Brenda remember about the lawyer her father had been contacting?
7. What does Myron say about her relationship with her mother?
8. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
9. What does Myron think he has achieved by visiting the Bradfords?
10. What has Esperanza found out about Elizabeth's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the criminal mind.
1) In what ways is Anita the perfect example of a criminal mind?
2) How much research do you think was needed to make Mabel a realistic criminal?
3) How does Coben develop Mabel's character to make her realistic as a murderer and psychopath?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)