|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Myron know Horace?
2. Who do the Bradfords say handled the help?
3. Where does Myron drive to in Chapter 7?
4. Where does Win say Horace used one of his credit card two weeks before his death?
5. What sport does Brenda play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brenda remember about the lawyer her father had been contacting?
2. What has Esperanza found out about Elizabeth's death?
3. What does Myron say about her relationship with her mother?
4. Why do the police think Brenda killed her father?
5. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's locker?
6. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's apartment?
7. Why does F.J. threaten Myron in Chapter 10?
8. What new information does Zuckerman give Myron in Chapter 8?
9. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
10. What information does Brenda have about her father's kidnapping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author wrote ONE FALSE MOVE in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the criminal mind.
1) In what ways is Anita the perfect example of a criminal mind?
2) How much research do you think was needed to make Mabel a realistic criminal?
3) How does Coben develop Mabel's character to make her realistic as a murderer and psychopath?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)