|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Campbell ask Brenda to do?
2. Where did Horace tie the two boys?
3. Where does Myron meet Francine Neagly?
4. How does Win think they should deal with F.J. Ache?
5. Who does Myron want Win to arrange a meeting with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Myron say about her relationship with her mother?
2. What does Mabel tell Myron about her son Terrance?
3. How does Myron confuse the Bradfords as he leaves their estate?
4. What new information does Zuckerman give Myron in Chapter 8?
5. What information does Brenda have about her father's kidnapping?
6. What does Win tell Myron about F.J. on the way to Brenda's practice?
7. Why do the police think Brenda killed her father?
8. What does Bradford say he wants Myron to tell him?
9. What example does Brenda give of how protective her father could be?
10. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Brenda's death affect Myron? How do you think their relationship would have developed? How does Brenda's death affect Myron's relationship with Julia?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)