|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Myron take Brenda at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. What did Horace die from?
3. What university did Terrance attend?
4. Who does Mabel say calls her to check up on Brenda?
5. What is the name of Brenda's basketball team?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mabel say she killed Anita, Horace and Brenda?
2. What new information does Mabel give Myron about Brenda's mother?
3. What does Jessica tell Myron on the phone?
4. What problems is Myron faced with when he first arrives at Wickner's cabin?
5. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
6. How is Brenda's body discovered?
7. What agreement do Slaughter and Myron come to in Chapter 1?
8. What does Whittaker tell Myron about Elizabeth?
9. What does Myron say about her relationship with her mother?
10. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Examine the partnership between Win and Myron.
1) What are the dynamics of their partnership?
2) How do they work together to solve the case?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1990s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 1,377 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)