|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Bradfords say handled the help?
2. What did the big man do to Mabel when she did not come forward with information?
3. What does Brenda say she appreciates about Myron?
4. Whose death does Myron want Neagly to investigate?
5. In what part of his parents' house does Myron have his old room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does Zuckerman give Myron in Chapter 8?
2. What does Bradford say he wants Myron to tell him?
3. What does Jessica tell Myron on the phone?
4. What does Whittaker tell Myron about Elizabeth?
5. What does Mabel tell Myron about her son Terrance?
6. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's locker?
7. What does Win tell Myron about F.J. on the way to Brenda's practice?
8. What does Myron say about her relationship with her mother?
9. What information does Brenda have about her father's kidnapping?
10. What new information does Mabel give Myron about Brenda's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios:
1. Brenda murdered her father.
2. Myron kills one of the Bradfords.
3. Anita is found alive.
Essay Topic 2
ONE FALSE MOVE is part of the crime fiction genre.
1. What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2. How does Myron series fit into crime fiction? Does Coben introduce any new ideas?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Athur's feelings for Elizabeth.
1) How did Elizabeth's mental illness affect Arthur?
2) How do the students think their relationship would have developed if she were not mentally ill?
3) How much was Elizabeth's mental illness responsible for Arthur having an affair with Anita?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)