|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Campbell say he has sent Horace?
2. How does Myron know Horace?
3. Who does Myron think may have blackmailed the Bradford family?
4. What reason does Myron give Neagly for investigating Elizabeth's death?
5. Who does Myron research at the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does McLaughlin say Horace died?
2. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's apartment?
3. What agreement do Slaughter and Myron come to in Chapter 1?
4. What new information does Zuckerman give Myron in Chapter 8?
5. How does Myron react to the detectives accusations that Brenda killed her father?
6. What does Mabel tell Myron about her son Terrance?
7. Why does F.J. threaten Myron in Chapter 10?
8. What does Win tell Myron about F.J. on the way to Brenda's practice?
9. What new information does Mabel give Myron about Brenda's mother?
10. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the partnership between Win and Myron.
1) What are the dynamics of their partnership?
2) How do they work together to solve the case?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Myron's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Myron hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Myron's ideas about life?
3. How has Myron's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the criminal mind.
1) In what ways is Anita the perfect example of a criminal mind?
2) How much research do you think was needed to make Mabel a realistic criminal?
3) How does Coben develop Mabel's character to make her realistic as a murderer and psychopath?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)