Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Brenda play?
2. What does Jessica say that her company now wants her to work on?
3. Who did Myron live with before moving in with Jessica?
4. What is the name of Myron's sports agency?
5. Who is waiting for Myron when he gets home in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
2. How does Mabel say she lured Brenda away to kill her?
3. What example does Brenda give of how protective her father could be?
4. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
5. What information does Brenda have about her father's kidnapping?
6. How does the author describe Deborah Whittaker?
7. What does Whittaker tell Myron about Elizabeth?
8. What new information does Win give Myron on the way to meeting Clay Jackson?
9. Why do the police think Brenda killed her father?
10. What new information does Zuckerman give Myron in Chapter 8?
Essay Topic 1
How does Brenda's death affect Myron? How do you think their relationship would have developed? How does Brenda's death affect Myron's relationship with Julia?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios:
1. Brenda murdered her father.
2. Myron kills one of the Bradfords.
3. Anita is found alive.
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)