|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Myron not want to make Esperanza his partner?
2. What is the name of the diner Myron goes to in Chapter 13?
3. Who does Brenda say is the most likely person Horace would turn to in times of trouble?
4. Where do Myron and Brenda walk to in Chapter 17?
5. What has disappeared from Brenda's room in her father's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does F.J. threaten Myron in Chapter 10?
2. How does Myron know Brenda's father, Horace?
3. What do the Bradfords tell Myron in the library?
4. What new information does Brenda give Myron in this section?
5. How does Myron react to the detectives accusations that Brenda killed her father?
6. What agreement do Slaughter and Myron come to in Chapter 1?
7. What does Whittaker tell Myron about Elizabeth?
8. Why does Esperanza say she hates Jessica?
9. What does Myron find out about the Bradfords in the library?
10. What does Myron tell Win he wants to accomplish from the case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1990s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)