|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Arthur's brother?
2. Where does Myron know Neagley from?
3. Who drives past the Ritz diner as Myron talks to Neagly?
4. What does Myron tell Win he wanted to accomplish by meeting the Bradfords?
5. Who calls Myron in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Myron tell Win he wants to accomplish from the case?
2. How does McLaughlin say Horace died?
3. How does Myron react when he sees Jessica standing outside the cemetery?
4. What does Mabel tell Myron about her son Terrance?
5. What new information does Zuckerman give Myron in Chapter 8?
6. How does Myron know Brenda's father, Horace?
7. How does Myron deal with Mario's attack?
8. Why does Wickner kill himself?
9. What does Myron find out about the Bradfords in the library?
10. Why does F.J. threaten Myron in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Brenda's death affect Myron? How do you think their relationship would have developed? How does Brenda's death affect Myron's relationship with Julia?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote ONE FALSE MOVE in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 1,333 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)