Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Brenda play?
2. What does Jessica say that her company now wants her to work on?
3. Who did Myron live with before moving in with Jessica?
4. What is the name of Myron's sports agency?
5. Who is waiting for Myron when he gets home in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
2. How does Mabel say she lured Brenda away to kill her?
3. What example does Brenda give of how protective her father could be?
4. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
5. What information does Brenda have about her father's kidnapping?
6. How does the author describe Deborah Whittaker?
7. What does Whittaker tell Myron about Elizabeth?
8. What new information does Win give Myron on the way to meeting Clay Jackson?
9. Why do the police think Brenda killed her father?
10. What new information does Zuckerman give Myron in Chapter 8?
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Examine Myron's methods as a detective.
1) What is the evidence that leads to Myron solving the case?
2) What mistakes does Myron make during the course of the story? How does he rectify his mistakes?
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios:
1. Brenda murdered her father.
2. Myron kills one of the Bradfords.
3. Anita is found alive.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)