|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the estate do Myron and Win meet the Bradfords?
2. Where does Horace work?
3. Why does the coach want Myron to play basketball?
4. Who interrupts Myron when he is speaking to Wickner?
5. Who does Mabel say calls her to check up on Brenda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What example does Brenda give of how protective her father could be?
2. What does Mabel tell Myron about her son Terrance?
3. Why does Esperanza say she hates Jessica?
4. Why does F.J. threaten Myron in Chapter 10?
5. What does Brenda remember about the lawyer her father had been contacting?
6. What does Win tell Myron about F.J. on the way to Brenda's practice?
7. What does Myron think he has achieved by visiting the Bradfords?
8. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's locker?
9. How does Myron know Brenda's father, Horace?
10. How does Myron deal with Mario's attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the partnership between Win and Myron.
1) What are the dynamics of their partnership?
2) How do they work together to solve the case?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Myron's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Myron hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Myron's ideas about life?
3. How has Myron's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)