|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the company Myron works for?
2. Who does Neagly say had been assaulted around the time of Elizabeth's death?
3. Who is holding a funeral gathering in Chapter 19?
4. Who does Myron think may have blackmailed the Bradford family?
5. In what part of his parents' house does Myron have his old room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does Win give Myron on the way to meeting Clay Jackson?
2. What information does Brenda have about her father's kidnapping?
3. How does Myron know Brenda's father, Horace?
4. What does Myron tell Win he wants to accomplish from the case?
5. How does McLaughlin say Horace died?
6. What does Whittaker tell Myron about Elizabeth?
7. How does Myron confuse the Bradfords as he leaves their estate?
8. How does Myron react to the detectives accusations that Brenda killed her father?
9. What agreement does Myron come to with Esperanza in this section?
10. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the criminal mind.
1) In what ways is Anita the perfect example of a criminal mind?
2) How much research do you think was needed to make Mabel a realistic criminal?
3) How does Coben develop Mabel's character to make her realistic as a murderer and psychopath?
Essay Topic 2
How does Wickner's death guilt affect his life? Why does he decide suicide is his only option? What would have happened to him if he had exposed the Bradford family earlier?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)