Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Brenda play?
2. What does Jessica say that her company now wants her to work on?
3. Who did Myron live with before moving in with Jessica?
4. What is the name of Myron's sports agency?
5. Who is waiting for Myron when he gets home in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
2. How does Mabel say she lured Brenda away to kill her?
3. What example does Brenda give of how protective her father could be?
4. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
5. What information does Brenda have about her father's kidnapping?
6. How does the author describe Deborah Whittaker?
7. What does Whittaker tell Myron about Elizabeth?
8. What new information does Win give Myron on the way to meeting Clay Jackson?
9. Why do the police think Brenda killed her father?
10. What new information does Zuckerman give Myron in Chapter 8?
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)