|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food do Jessica and Myron eat for dinner?
2. What is the name of Horace's supervisor?
3. Where did Horace tie the two boys?
4. How is Mabel related to Horace?
5. Why is Norm unhappy with Myron?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Esperanza say she hates Jessica?
2. What agreement do Slaughter and Myron come to in Chapter 1?
3. What does Myron say about her relationship with her mother?
4. What does Brenda remember about the lawyer her father had been contacting?
5. What does Whittaker tell Myron about Elizabeth?
6. How does Myron react to the detectives accusations that Brenda killed her father?
7. Why do the police think Brenda killed her father?
8. How does the author describe Deborah Whittaker?
9. What does Jessica tell Myron on the phone?
10. What does Myron think he has achieved by visiting the Bradfords?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Myron's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Myron hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Myron's ideas about life?
3. How has Myron's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
ONE FALSE MOVE is part of the crime fiction genre.
1. What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2. How does Myron series fit into crime fiction? Does Coben introduce any new ideas?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)