|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sports agency looking to start a rival basketball league?
2. What does Brenda study at school?
3. Where does Brenda say her mother ran away to?
4. What does Brenda say her father emptied before he left?
5. What has disappeared from Brenda's room in her father's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Norm Zuckerman want Myron to help?
2. What does Win tell Myron about F.J. on the way to Brenda's practice?
3. How does Myron deal with Mario's attack?
4. What does Brenda remember about the lawyer her father had been contacting?
5. How does Myron react to the detectives accusations that Brenda killed her father?
6. Why do the police think Brenda killed her father?
7. How does McLaughlin say Horace died?
8. What does Whittaker tell Myron about Elizabeth?
9. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
10. What has Esperanza found out about Elizabeth's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Athur's feelings for Elizabeth.
1) How did Elizabeth's mental illness affect Arthur?
2) How do the students think their relationship would have developed if she were not mentally ill?
3) How much was Elizabeth's mental illness responsible for Arthur having an affair with Anita?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote ONE FALSE MOVE in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)