|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Win think they should deal with F.J. Ache?
2. What has disappeared from Brenda's room in her father's house?
3. What suggests Horace got away before his house was searched?
4. What is the name of the man following Neagly?
5. What city is Jessica flying to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Whittaker tell Myron about Elizabeth?
2. What information does Brenda have about her father's kidnapping?
3. What does Myron find out about the Bradfords in the library?
4. What does Myron think he has achieved by visiting the Bradfords?
5. What new information does Mabel give Myron about Brenda's mother?
6. How does Myron react to the detectives accusations that Brenda killed her father?
7. What happens in the novel's prologue?
8. Why does F.J. threaten Myron in Chapter 10?
9. What does Bradford say he wants Myron to tell him?
10. Why does Esperanza say she hates Jessica?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Myron's methods as a detective.
1) What is the evidence that leads to Myron solving the case?
2) What mistakes does Myron make during the course of the story? How does he rectify his mistakes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Athur's feelings for Elizabeth.
1) How did Elizabeth's mental illness affect Arthur?
2) How do the students think their relationship would have developed if she were not mentally ill?
3) How much was Elizabeth's mental illness responsible for Arthur having an affair with Anita?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)