|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Myron not want to make Esperanza his partner?
2. Where is Myron waiting in the prologue?
3. Who does Myron want Win to arrange a meeting with?
4. What is Terrance's job?
5. Who did Horace have lunch with at the Holiday Inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does Zuckerman give Myron in Chapter 8?
2. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's locker?
3. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
4. Why does F.J. threaten Myron in Chapter 10?
5. What do the Bradfords tell Myron in the library?
6. What happens in the novel's prologue?
7. What has Esperanza found out about Elizabeth's death?
8. How does Myron react to the detectives accusations that Brenda killed her father?
9. How does Myron know Brenda's father, Horace?
10. What does Myron say about her relationship with her mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the partnership between Win and Myron.
1) What are the dynamics of their partnership?
2) How do they work together to solve the case?
Essay Topic 2
How does Wickner's death guilt affect his life? Why does he decide suicide is his only option? What would have happened to him if he had exposed the Bradford family earlier?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the criminal mind.
1) In what ways is Anita the perfect example of a criminal mind?
2) How much research do you think was needed to make Mabel a realistic criminal?
3) How does Coben develop Mabel's character to make her realistic as a murderer and psychopath?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)