|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Neagly say had been assaulted around the time of Elizabeth's death?
2. What does Myron tell Win he wanted to accomplish by meeting the Bradfords?
3. What is the name of Myron's mother?
4. Why does Mabel end the conversation?
5. What is the name of Myron's sports agency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Win tell Myron about F.J. on the way to Brenda's practice?
2. How does McLaughlin say Horace died?
3. Why do the police think Brenda killed her father?
4. What happens in the novel's prologue?
5. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's locker?
6. How does Myron react to the detectives accusations that Brenda killed her father?
7. What has Esperanza found out about Elizabeth's death?
8. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's apartment?
9. What does Bradford say he wants Myron to tell him?
10. How does Myron know Brenda's father, Horace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the partnership between Win and Myron.
1) What are the dynamics of their partnership?
2) How do they work together to solve the case?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios:
1. Brenda murdered her father.
2. Myron kills one of the Bradfords.
3. Anita is found alive.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)