|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives past the Ritz diner as Myron talks to Neagly?
2. What does Brenda say she appreciates about Myron?
3. What is the name of the diner Myron goes to in Chapter 13?
4. Why does the coach want Myron to play basketball?
5. Who does Myron think may have blackmailed the Bradford family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does Mabel give Myron about Brenda's mother?
2. How does Norm Zuckerman want Myron to help?
3. What does Myron say about her relationship with her mother?
4. What does Whittaker tell Myron about Elizabeth?
5. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
6. What does Brenda remember about the lawyer her father had been contacting?
7. What does Myron tell Win he wants to accomplish from the case?
8. Why does F.J. threaten Myron in Chapter 10?
9. How does McLaughlin say Horace died?
10. What does Mabel tell Myron about her son Terrance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Wickner's death guilt affect his life? Why does he decide suicide is his only option? What would have happened to him if he had exposed the Bradford family earlier?
Essay Topic 2
ONE FALSE MOVE is part of the crime fiction genre.
1. What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2. How does Myron series fit into crime fiction? Does Coben introduce any new ideas?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)