|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Myron give Neagly for investigating Elizabeth's death?
2. How does Myron know Horace?
3. What part of the estate do Myron and Win meet the Bradfords?
4. Where did Mabel work with Anita?
5. Where does Myron take Brenda at the beginning of Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does F.J. threaten Myron in Chapter 10?
2. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's apartment?
3. What does Jessica tell Myron on the phone?
4. What agreement do Slaughter and Myron come to in Chapter 1?
5. What do the Bradfords tell Myron in the library?
6. What example does Brenda give of how protective her father could be?
7. What new information does Brenda give Myron in this section?
8. What does Win tell Myron about F.J. on the way to Brenda's practice?
9. How does the author describe Deborah Whittaker?
10. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's locker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1990s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the criminal mind.
1) In what ways is Anita the perfect example of a criminal mind?
2) How much research do you think was needed to make Mabel a realistic criminal?
3) How does Coben develop Mabel's character to make her realistic as a murderer and psychopath?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)