|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man ask Myron?
2. Who is holding a funeral gathering in Chapter 19?
3. What did Horace use to cut the boy's Achilles tendons?
4. What does Campbell say he has sent Horace?
5. What sport did Cyndi used to participate in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does Mabel give Myron about Brenda's mother?
2. How does Norm Zuckerman want Myron to help?
3. What information does Brenda have about her father's kidnapping?
4. Why does F.J. threaten Myron in Chapter 10?
5. What does Brenda remember about the lawyer her father had been contacting?
6. How does McLaughlin say Horace died?
7. What do the Bradfords tell Myron in the library?
8. What happens in the novel's prologue?
9. What new information does Zuckerman give Myron in Chapter 8?
10. What does Myron tell Win he wants to accomplish from the case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)