|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Myron waiting in the prologue?
2. What does the man ask Myron?
3. Who did Myron live with before moving in with Jessica?
4. What does Brenda say she appreciates about Myron?
5. What did Horace die from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
2. What agreement do Slaughter and Myron come to in Chapter 1?
3. What does Mabel tell Myron about her son Terrance?
4. What does Myron say about her relationship with her mother?
5. Why does Esperanza say she hates Jessica?
6. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's locker?
7. What information does Brenda have about her father's kidnapping?
8. What does Myron tell Win he wants to accomplish from the case?
9. How does Myron deal with Mario's attack?
10. What does Myron think he has achieved by visiting the Bradfords?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Myron's methods as a detective.
1) What is the evidence that leads to Myron solving the case?
2) What mistakes does Myron make during the course of the story? How does he rectify his mistakes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Arthur's feelings for Brenda.
1) How did not having a real relationship with Brenda affect Arthur?
2) How does Brenda's death affect Arthur?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the partnership between Win and Myron.
1) What are the dynamics of their partnership?
2) How do they work together to solve the case?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)