|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Win say Horace used one of his credit card two weeks before his death?
2. What does Myron tell the police that Brenda wants to see?
3. Who does Brenda say handles her current scholarship?
4. Where do Win and Myron travel to in Chapter 12?
5. Where did Horace tie the two boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Win tell Myron about F.J. on the way to Brenda's practice?
2. How does Norm Zuckerman want Myron to help?
3. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
4. What does Whittaker tell Myron about Elizabeth?
5. How does McLaughlin say Horace died?
6. What does Myron say about her relationship with her mother?
7. What new information does Mabel give Myron about Brenda's mother?
8. What new information does Zuckerman give Myron in Chapter 8?
9. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's apartment?
10. Why do the police think Brenda killed her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the partnership between Win and Myron.
1) What are the dynamics of their partnership?
2) How do they work together to solve the case?
Essay Topic 3
How does Wickner's death guilt affect his life? Why does he decide suicide is his only option? What would have happened to him if he had exposed the Bradford family earlier?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)