|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Deborah think Elizabeth could not have been hospitalized?
(a) She was too good a person.
(b) She hated hospitals.
(c) She was the sanest person she had ever met.
(d) She died at home.
2. Where does Myron meet Arthur in Chapter 22?
(a) The estate gardens.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The games room.
(d) An indoor swimming pool.
3. Who does Al say Arthur was involved with during the riots?
(a) The Republicans.
(b) The Nation of Islam.
(c) The panthers.
(d) The unions.
4. What kind of weapon are the eight men who confront Myron and Win carrying?
(b) Pruning shears.
(d) Baseball bats.
5. Where is Myron waiting in the epilogue?
(a) The woods.
(b) The park.
(c) The parking lot.
(d) The cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper did Deborah write for?
2. What did the Bradfords leave on Myron's bed?
3. What kind of problem did people believe Elizabeth had?
4. Where does Myron drive to after talking to Mabel?
5. Who does Bradford say is his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
2. Why does Wickner kill himself?
3. What does Arthur say is the truth about Elizabeth's death?
4. What does Norm Zuckerman tell Myron at the end of Chapter 27?
5. How did the Bradfords cover up Elizabeth's death?
6. What information does Francine give Myron in this section?
7. How does Mabel say she lured Brenda away to kill her?
8. Why does the picnic prove a welcome distraction for Brenda and Myron?
9. What problems is Myron faced with when he first arrives at Wickner's cabin?
10. How did Myron realize Mabel had been lying to him?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)