|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Win say Brenda left practice?
(a) She had a dentist appointment.
(b) A taxi was waiting for her.
(c) She was ill.
(d) She received a phone call.
2. Where do Myron's ambushers take him?
(a) The wine cellar.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The billiards room.
(d) The walk in freezer.
3. What riots does Al mention in chapter 27?
(a) The New Jersey riots.
(b) The Watts riots.
(c) The New York riots.
(d) The Birmingham riots.
4. Whose home does Myron arrive at in Chapter 37?
5. What is Sam reading in Chapter 26?
(a) A novel.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A short story.
(d) A newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Brenda shot?
2. Who is waiting outside Myron's car?
3. Who did the Bradford family bribe to cover up Elizabeth's suicide?
4. Who is the star of the new women's basketball league.
5. What kind of weapon are the eight men who confront Myron and Win carrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the picnic prove a welcome distraction for Brenda and Myron?
2. Why does Myron turn down Brenda?
3. What does Arthur Bradford tell Myron about his wife?
4. How does Mabel say Anita and Horace helped her?
5. What secret has Bradford been keeping all these years?
6. How does Myron think Horace died?
7. What information does Francine give Myron in this section?
8. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
9. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
10. How does Myron react when he sees Jessica standing outside the cemetery?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)