|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mabel say she turned to when her husband died?
(a) The television and studying.
(b) Prostitution and partying.
(c) Religion and pacifism.
(d) Drugs and alcohol.
2. Who does Myron visit in Chapter 36?
3. Who is lying dead on Wickner's cabin floor?
(b) Detective Pomeranz.
4. What agreement does Myron make with Esperanza?
(a) To resurrect her career.
(b) To become his partner.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To make her redundant.
5. Where does Myron find Norm Zuckerman when he goes into the basketball stadium?
(a) The referee's room.
(b) The locker room.
(c) The press box.
(d) THe reception room
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the criminals Arthur thinks Myron is connected with?
2. Why does Esperanza claim to hate Jessica?
3. Why is Myron angry with Win in Chapter 29?
4. What does the person tell Win over the phone?
5. Why does Myron tell Jessica he is not himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Myron realize Mabel had been lying to him?
2. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
3. What secret has Bradford been keeping all these years?
4. What does Arthur say is the truth about Elizabeth's death?
5. How does Mabel say Anita and Horace helped her?
6. Why do the detectives say they want to speak to Brenda?
7. What problems is Myron faced with when he first arrives at Wickner's cabin?
8. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
9. What does Brenda tell Myron about the last time she saw her father?
10. Describe the fight between Myron and the Bradfords in this section.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)