|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Al say Arthur was involved with during the riots?
(a) The panthers.
(b) The unions.
(c) The Republicans.
(d) The Nation of Islam.
2. What locates Brenda's body?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A metal detector.
(d) An x-ray scanner.
3. Where does Mabel say Brenda was the night Anita left Horace?
(a) Al's diner.
(b) The Four Seasons.
(c) The Ritz Diner.
(d) The Holiday Inn.
4. Who did the Bradford family bribe to cover up Elizabeth's suicide?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The newspapers.
(c) The mafia.
(d) The police department.
5. Who is lying dead on Wickner's cabin floor?
(c) Detective Pomeranz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esperanza claim to hate Jessica?
2. What is the name of Mabel's son?
3. Where had Anita Slaughter been found bleeding?
4. Who does Myron visit in Chapter 27?
5. Where was Brenda shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur Bradford tell Myron about his wife?
2. Why do the detectives say they want to speak to Brenda?
3. Why does the picnic prove a welcome distraction for Brenda and Myron?
4. What secret has Bradford been keeping all these years?
5. How is Brenda's body discovered?
6. Why does Myron turn down Brenda?
7. What agreement does Myron come to with Esperanza in this section?
8. How does Myron react when he sees Jessica standing outside the cemetery?
9. What does Norm Zuckerman tell Myron at the end of Chapter 27?
10. Describe the fight between Myron and the Bradfords in this section.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)