|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to Anita if she comes back to see Brenda?
(a) She will be isolated.
(b) She will be imprisoned.
(c) She will die.
(d) She will be institutionalized.
2. How does Myron know that Anita never called Mabel?
(a) He talked to Anita.
(b) Arthur had tapped her phone.
(c) Through instinct.
(d) He saw Anita's dead body.
3. How do Bradford's men react when Myron questions them about hitting Mabel?
4. Why does Arthur say Elizabeth killed herself?
(a) She was mentally ill.
(b) She found out some bad news.
(c) She didn't wnat to be institutionalized.
(d) She thought she would go to heaven.
5. Why does Win say Brenda left practice?
(a) She was ill.
(b) She had a dentist appointment.
(c) A taxi was waiting for her.
(d) She received a phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What riots does Al mention in chapter 27?
2. What did Elizabeth stop attending six months before her death?
3. Why does Arthur say Elizabeth killed herself?
4. Where does Mabel say Brenda was the night Anita left Horace?
5. What is Bradford doing when Myron meets him in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What agreement does Myron come to with Esperanza in this section?
2. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
3. Why does Mabel say she killed Anita, Horace and Brenda?
4. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
5. What secret has Bradford been keeping all these years?
6. What information does Francine give Myron in this section?
7. How does Mabel say she lured Brenda away to kill her?
8. How does Mabel say Anita and Horace helped her?
9. How did the Bradfords cover up Elizabeth's death?
10. What new information does Win give Myron on the way to meeting Clay Jackson?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)