|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mabel say she turned to when her husband died?
(a) Prostitution and partying.
(b) The television and studying.
(c) Drugs and alcohol.
(d) Religion and pacifism.
2. In what part of his body does Arthur shoot Chance?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His knee.
(c) His chest.
(d) His head.
3. How do Bradford's men react when Myron questions them about hitting Mabel?
4. Why does Myron leave Jessica by the roadside?
(a) He needs space on his own.
(b) He preferred Brenda.
(c) He doesn't want to be hurt again.
(d) He wants to leave the country.
5. Why does Win say Brenda left practice?
(a) She had a dentist appointment.
(b) A taxi was waiting for her.
(c) She was ill.
(d) She received a phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Myron tell Jessica he is not himself?
2. Who does Win think Myron is in love with?
3. Who is Zuckerman waiting with in the press office?
4. What part of New York City do Myron and Win rush to?
5. What are the names of the criminals Arthur thinks Myron is connected with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret has Bradford been keeping all these years?
2. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
3. How did the Bradfords cover up Elizabeth's death?
4. Why doesn't Al like the Bradfords?
5. What information does Francine give Myron in this section?
6. How does Win persuade Jackson to talk?
7. How did Myron realize Mabel had been lying to him?
8. How does Myron think Horace died?
9. How does Myron change Mabel's cautious attitude in Chapter 37?
10. Why does Myron turn down Brenda?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)