|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Myron meet Arthur in Chapter 22?
(a) An indoor swimming pool.
(b) The games room.
(c) The estate gardens.
(d) The drawing room.
2. Who did the Bradford family bribe to cover up Elizabeth's suicide?
(a) The newspapers.
(b) The mafia.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The police department.
3. What is the name of the detective Myron wants to meet in Chapter 31?
4. Who does Clay say cut him?
(a) Sam Richards.
(b) Arthur Bradford.
(c) Horace Slaughter.
(d) Richard Ford.
5. How do Bradford's men react when Myron questions them about hitting Mabel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Myron visit in Chapter 27?
2. Where was Brenda shot?
3. How does Myron know that Anita never called Mabel?
4. Who is Zuckerman waiting with in the press office?
5. Why does Arthur say Elizabeth killed herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur Bradford tell Myron about his wife?
2. What does Wickner tell Myron about Elizabeth Bradford's death?
3. How does Bradford say he dealt with Mabel?
4. Why does Wickner kill himself?
5. Describe the fight between Myron and the Bradfords in this section.
6. How did the Bradfords cover up Elizabeth's death?
7. What does Arthur say is the truth about Elizabeth's death?
8. How does Mabel say she lured Brenda away to kill her?
9. How does Mabel say Anita and Horace helped her?
10. What does Brenda tell Myron about the last time she saw her father?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)