|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Brenda's father?
2. What part of Horace's body is broken?
(a) His nose.
(b) His neck.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
3. Where did Mabel work with Anita?
(b) The Regents Hotel.
(c) The Bradford Estate.
(d) Belushi's Bar.
4. In what part of his parents' house does Myron have his old room?
(a) The basement.
(b) The loft.
(c) The second floor.
(d) The first floor.
5. What kind of food do Jessica and Myron eat for dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Horace have lunch with at the Holiday Inn?
2. What is the name of Brenda's basketball team?
3. Where does Brenda say her mother ran away to?
4. Who does Mabel say calls her to check up on Brenda?
5. Where is Myron waiting in the prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does F.J. threaten Myron in Chapter 10?
2. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's apartment?
3. What agreement do Slaughter and Myron come to in Chapter 1?
4. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
5. What has Esperanza found out about Elizabeth's death?
6. How does Myron react to the detectives accusations that Brenda killed her father?
7. How does McLaughlin say Horace died?
8. How does Myron confuse the Bradfords as he leaves their estate?
9. What happens in the novel's prologue?
10. What example does Brenda give of how protective her father could be?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)