|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jessica say that her company now wants her to work on?
(a) A short story.
(b) A non-fiction book.
(c) A screenplay.
(d) A novel.
2. What two things does Brenda find in her father's locker?
(a) Books and a jumper.
(b) Photographs and a phone.
(c) A letter and t-shirt.
(d) A gun and a bible.
3. What kind of tattoo does the man after Horace have on his arm?
(a) A snake tattoo.
(b) A bull tattoo.
(c) A heart tattoo.
(d) A chicken tattoo.
4. Where does Myron take Brenda at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) Basketball practice.
(d) An art museum.
5. What part of Myron's body does Tiles investigate?
(a) His arms.
(b) His mouth.
(c) His hair.
(d) His hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Win think they should deal with F.J. Ache?
2. Who does Myron want Win to arrange a meeting with?
3. Why does Myron not want to make Esperanza his partner?
4. What is the name of Brenda's mother?
5. What did Horace use to cut the boy's Achilles tendons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Myron find out about the Bradfords in the library?
2. Why do the police think Brenda killed her father?
3. What agreement do Slaughter and Myron come to in Chapter 1?
4. What new information does Zuckerman give Myron in Chapter 8?
5. How does Myron react to the detectives accusations that Brenda killed her father?
6. What new information does Brenda give Myron in this section?
7. What does Win tell Myron about F.J. on the way to Brenda's practice?
8. How does the author describe Deborah Whittaker?
9. Why does F.J. threaten Myron in Chapter 10?
10. How does Myron confuse the Bradfords as he leaves their estate?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)