|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the coach want Myron to play basketball?
(a) He wants Myron to show his players some tricks.
(b) He wants to see Myron's skills.
(c) He is short of a player.
(d) He needs to win the game.
2. Why does Mabel end the conversation?
(a) She is tired.
(b) She has something in the oven.
(c) She has a meeting.
(d) She wants to watch the TV.
3. Who does Brenda phone in Chapter 6?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her coach.
4. Who is holding a funeral gathering in Chapter 19?
(d) The Bradfords.
5. Where does Myron drive to in Chapter 7?
(b) East Orange.
(c) Finsbury Park.
(d) West Orange.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sports agency looking to start a rival basketball league?
2. How is Mabel related to Horace?
3. Who does Pomeranz think Myron is working for?
4. Where is Myron waiting in the prologue?
5. What is Terrance's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brenda remember about the lawyer her father had been contacting?
2. What does Myron say about her relationship with her mother?
3. What has Esperanza found out about Elizabeth's death?
4. What agreement do Slaughter and Myron come to in Chapter 1?
5. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's apartment?
6. What happens in the novel's prologue?
7. What example does Brenda give of how protective her father could be?
8. What do the Bradfords tell Myron in the library?
9. How does McLaughlin say Horace died?
10. What does Myron think he has achieved by visiting the Bradfords?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)