|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Myron take Brenda at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Her apartment.
(c) Basketball practice.
(d) An art museum.
2. What did the police investigation reveal about Elizabeth's death?
(a) She died of natural causes.
(b) She was murdered.
(c) It was accidental.
(d) It was a suicide.
3. What do the Bradfords expect Myron and Win to discuss with them?
(c) Charity work.
4. What is the name of Brenda's mother?
5. Why does the coach want Myron to play basketball?
(a) He wants Myron to show his players some tricks.
(b) He needs to win the game.
(c) He is short of a player.
(d) He wants to see Myron's skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mabel say calls her to check up on Brenda?
2. Who does Pomeranz think Myron is working for?
3. What part of Horace's body is broken?
4. Who do the Bradfords say handled the help?
5. What does Myron tell the police that Brenda wants to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jessica tell Myron on the phone?
2. What has Esperanza found out about Elizabeth's death?
3. Why does Mabel think the two men after her brother are dangerous?
4. How does Myron react to the detectives accusations that Brenda killed her father?
5. What does Myron find out about the Bradfords in the library?
6. How does Myron confuse the Bradfords as he leaves their estate?
7. Why do the police think Brenda killed her father?
8. What happens in the novel's prologue?
9. Why does Esperanza say she hates Jessica?
10. What does Brenda remember about the lawyer her father had been contacting?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)