|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mabel promise to find for Brenda?
(a) A good lawyer.
(b) Horace's murderer.
(c) Her old attorney.
(d) Her mother.
2. Why does Myron not want to make Esperanza his partner?
(a) She has no business sense.
(b) She is too arrogant.
(c) It will ruin their friendship.
(d) he does not trust her.
3. Who are Brenda and Myron's mother discussing in the kitchen?
4. What does Brenda say her father emptied before he left?
(a) His bank account.
(b) His car.
(c) His ice box.
(d) His closet.
5. What is the name of Horace's supervisor?
(a) Calvin Campbell.
(b) James Raven.
(c) Paul Roper.
(d) Dirk Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tattoo does the man after Horace have on his arm?
2. What is the name of Brenda's mother?
3. What does Campbell say he has sent Horace?
4. Why does the coach want Myron to play basketball?
5. What is the name of Arthur's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the novel's prologue?
2. What does Whittaker tell Myron about Elizabeth?
3. How does Norm Zuckerman want Myron to help?
4. What information does Brenda have about her father's kidnapping?
5. What does Myron say about her relationship with her mother?
6. Why does Esperanza say she hates Jessica?
7. What do Myron and Brenda find in Horace's apartment?
8. What has Esperanza found out about Elizabeth's death?
9. What agreement do Slaughter and Myron come to in Chapter 1?
10. How does Myron deal with Mario's attack?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)