|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is lying dead on Wickner's cabin floor?
(c) Detective Pomeranz.
2. Why does Esperanza claim to hate Jessica?
(a) She always ignores her.
(b) She is nasty.
(c) She is a bad writer.
(d) She hurt Myron.
3. What is Sam reading in Chapter 26?
(a) A novel.
(b) A short story.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A newspaper.
4. Who is waiting for Myron outside the Bradford estate?
5. Where had Anita Slaughter been found bleeding?
(a) A parking lot.
(b) A mountain side.
(c) A cave.
(d) A cafe.
6. Why does Deborah think Elizabeth could not have been hospitalized?
(a) She was too good a person.
(b) She hated hospitals.
(c) She died at home.
(d) She was the sanest person she had ever met.
7. What does Win do to Clay's face?
(a) Grinds it in the mud.
(b) Pinches it.
(c) Draws on it.
(d) Cuts it.
8. Who does Myron visit in Chapter 36?
9. What does Myron accuse Mabel of?
(a) Selling drugs to children.
(b) Killing her husband.
(c) Killing Brenda, Horace and Anita.
(d) Bribing the police.
10. Why does Myron think Mabel killed Anita?
(a) She was cheating on her brother.
(b) She slept with her son.
(c) For money.
(d) Out of jealousy.
11. What does Win do while Myron talks to Arthur Bradford?
(a) Makes some phonecalls.
(b) Immobilizes the alarms.
(c) Sets up a trap.
(d) Searches the premises.
12. Where does Mabel say Brenda was the night Anita left Horace?
(a) The Ritz Diner.
(b) Al's diner.
(c) The Holiday Inn.
(d) The Four Seasons.
13. What does Win say is not the best way to protect Brenda?
(a) Sleeping with her.
(b) Leaving her alone.
(c) Forgetting about Jessica.
(d) Annoying powerful people.
14. Who arrives at the cemetery to meet Myron?
(a) Chance Bradford.
(b) Arthur Bradford.
(c) Sam Richards.
15. What agreement does Myron make with Esperanza?
(a) To resurrect her career.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To make her redundant.
(d) To become his partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay use to support himself?
2. Who is Zuckerman waiting with in the press office?
3. Why does Myron think Mabel killed Brenda?
4. Where does Myron meet Arthur in Chapter 22?
5. Who does Arthur kill in this section?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)