|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Arthur kill in this section?
2. How do Bradford's men react when Myron questions them about hitting Mabel?
3. Where did Chance and Sam find Anita's dead body?
(a) The wine cellar.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A woods.
(d) A subway tunnel.
4. Why does Arthur say Elizabeth killed herself?
(a) She was upset about losing her child.
(b) She stood to lose her fortune.
(c) She was completely crazy.
(d) She knew he was having an affair with Anita.
5. What does Win do to Clay's face?
(a) Cuts it.
(b) Draws on it.
(c) Grinds it in the mud.
(d) Pinches it.
6. Why does Myron think Mabel killed Brenda?
(a) She remembered being at the Holiday Inn.
(b) She knew Mabel's secret.
(c) She blackmailed Mabel.
(d) She stole Mabel's money.
7. What will happen to Anita if she comes back to see Brenda?
(a) She will be isolated.
(b) She will die.
(c) She will be institutionalized.
(d) She will be imprisoned.
8. Where was Brenda shot?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the crotch.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the stomach.
9. What kind of column did Deborah Whittaker write?
(a) A political column.
(b) A society column.
(c) A sports column.
(d) A women's column.
10. What did Elizabeth stop attending six months before her death?
(a) Acting classes.
(b) Writing classes.
(c) Social activities.
11. Who does Win think Myron is in love with?
12. What does Clay use to support himself?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A bannister.
(d) A zimmer frame.
13. Who does Bradford beg Myron to find?
14. Who does Bradford say he has had killed?
15. Where do Win and Myron drive to in Chapter 28?
(b) New York City.
(c) West Orange.
(d) Finsbury Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam reading in Chapter 26?
2. Where do the police look for the missing boy?
3. Where had Anita Slaughter been found bleeding?
4. Who is the star of the new women's basketball league.
5. Why does Win say Brenda left practice?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)