|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What riots does Al mention in chapter 27?
(a) The New York riots.
(b) The Watts riots.
(c) The New Jersey riots.
(d) The Birmingham riots.
2. Where had Anita Slaughter been found bleeding?
(a) A cave.
(b) A mountain side.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A parking lot.
3. What locates Brenda's body?
(a) A metal detector.
(b) A cat.
(c) An x-ray scanner.
(d) A dog.
4. Why does Myron think Mabel killed Anita?
(a) Out of jealousy.
(b) She slept with her son.
(c) For money.
(d) She was cheating on her brother.
5. Why does Myron think Mabel killed Horace?
(a) He knew her secret.
(b) For money.
(c) He abused ber.
(d) He killed her son.
6. What does the person tell Win over the phone?
(a) He has been fired.
(b) Brenda is dead.
(c) Horace is alive.
(d) Myron is dead.
7. Where does Mabel say Brenda was the night Anita left Horace?
(a) The Ritz Diner.
(b) The Holiday Inn.
(c) Al's diner.
(d) The Four Seasons.
8. Where was Brenda shot?
(a) In the crotch.
(b) In the stomach.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the back.
9. Where do the police look for the missing boy?
(a) The woods.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The parking lot.
(d) The desert.
10. Where does Win drop off Myron?
(a) Brenda's dorm.
(b) Horace's aparment.
(c) Myron's office.
(d) Mabel's house.
11. What kind of problem did people believe Elizabeth had?
(a) A marriage problem.
(b) A drug problem.
(c) A drinking problem.
(d) A mental problem.
12. Why does Myron tell Jessica he is not himself?
(a) He is stressed about the case.
(b) He wants to move back in with his parents.
(c) He almost slept with another woman.
(d) He is running out of money.
13. Why does Win say Brenda left practice?
(a) She had a dentist appointment.
(b) A taxi was waiting for her.
(c) She was ill.
(d) She received a phone call.
14. What did Elizabeth stop attending six months before her death?
(a) Social activities.
(b) Writing classes.
(d) Acting classes.
15. Who does Myron want to speak to in West Orange?
(a) Clay Jackson.
(b) Peter Jackson.
(c) Jimmy Kite.
(d) David Formby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Myron's family does Mario mention to Myron?
2. Who is lying dead on Wickner's cabin floor?
3. What kind of column did Deborah Whittaker write?
4. What does Win do while Myron talks to Arthur Bradford?
5. What is Sam reading in Chapter 26?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)