|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Myron say he is trying to keep out of jail?
(c) The Aches.
(d) The Bradfords.
2. Why is Myron angry with Win in Chapter 29?
(a) He is too quick tempered.
(b) He didn't go far enough.
(c) He thinks he went too far.
(d) He takes everything too seriously.
3. How does Myron know that Anita never called Mabel?
(a) He talked to Anita.
(b) He saw Anita's dead body.
(c) Through instinct.
(d) Arthur had tapped her phone.
4. Where was Brenda shot?
(a) In the head.
(b) In the crotch.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the back.
5. Why does Esperanza claim to hate Jessica?
(a) She is a bad writer.
(b) She always ignores her.
(c) She is nasty.
(d) She hurt Myron.
6. Where does Myron find Norm Zuckerman when he goes into the basketball stadium?
(a) The referee's room.
(b) The press box.
(c) THe reception room
(d) The locker room.
7. Who is lying dead on Wickner's cabin floor?
(b) Detective Pomeranz.
8. Who is the star of the new women's basketball league.
(a) Michaela Jordan.
(b) Brenda Slaughter.
(c) Denise Rule.
(d) Francine Teagly.
9. What does Myron accuse Mabel of?
(a) Selling drugs to children.
(b) Bribing the police.
(c) Killing Brenda, Horace and Anita.
(d) Killing her husband.
10. What did the Bradfords leave on Myron's bed?
(a) A machete.
(b) Pruning shears.
(c) A nail gun.
(d) An ax.
11. Where does Myron drive to after talking to Mabel?
(a) New York.
12. What will happen to Anita if she comes back to see Brenda?
(a) She will be institutionalized.
(b) She will be isolated.
(c) She will die.
(d) She will be imprisoned.
13. Why does Myron think Mabel killed Horace?
(a) For money.
(b) He knew her secret.
(c) He abused ber.
(d) He killed her son.
14. Why does Myron leave Jessica by the roadside?
(a) He wants to leave the country.
(b) He doesn't want to be hurt again.
(c) He needs space on his own.
(d) He preferred Brenda.
15. What is Sam reading in Chapter 26?
(a) A novel.
(b) A short story.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Myron's family does Mario mention to Myron?
2. Why does Deborah think Elizabeth could not have been hospitalized?
3. Where do Win and Myron drive to in Chapter 28?
4. What does Mabel say she turned to when her husband died?
5. Who does Win say has been trying to reach Myron?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)