|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mabel end the conversation?
(a) She is tired.
(b) She has a meeting.
(c) She has something in the oven.
(d) She wants to watch the TV.
2. What is the name of the man following Neagly?
(a) Roy Pmeranz.
(b) Peter Davison.
(c) Eli Wickner.
(d) Sam Spade.
3. What is the name of the diner Myron goes to in Chapter 13?
(a) Al's Diner.
(b) Neagly's Diner.
(c) Yeti Diner.
(d) Ritz Diner.
4. Who does Brenda say is the most likely person Horace would turn to in times of trouble?
(a) His boss.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
5. What two things does Brenda find in her father's locker?
(a) A gun and a bible.
(b) Books and a jumper.
(c) A letter and t-shirt.
(d) Photographs and a phone.
6. Where did Horace tie the two boys?
(a) A doorway.
(b) A parking lot
(c) A tree.
(d) A rooftop.
7. Who did Myron live with before moving in with Jessica?
(a) His parents.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His gradparents.
8. Who does Myron report to at the beginning of the first chapter?
(a) Win Bolitar.
(b) Julie Anderson.
(c) Brenda Slaughter.
(d) Norm Zuckerman.
9. Who does Myron research at the library?
(a) The Fenster family.
(c) The Bradford family.
10. Where does Win say Horace used one of his credit card two weeks before his death?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) The Love Motel.
(c) The Holiday Inn.
(d) The Ritz.
11. What is the name of Horace's supervisor?
(a) Dirk Jones.
(b) James Raven.
(c) Calvin Campbell.
(d) Paul Roper.
12. Who is waiting for Myron when he gets home in Chapter 19?
13. Who do the detectives think killed Horace?
(a) Arthur Bradford.
14. What sport does Brenda play?
15. What is the name of the sports agency looking to start a rival basketball league?
(b) Athlete's Foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is Jessica flying to?
2. Where does Myron take Brenda at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. Who did the caller want Brenda to retain as her agent?
4. What kind of food do Jessica and Myron eat for dinner?
5. What is the name of the company Myron works for?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)