|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has disappeared from Brenda's room in her father's house?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her mother's photographs.
(c) Her mother's letters.
(d) Her books.
2. Where do Myron and Brenda travel to in Chapter 17?
(a) Brenda's dorm.
(b) Myron's parents house.
(c) Win's apartment.
(d) Myron's office.
3. What is the name of Myron's sports agency?
(b) CEO of Zoom.
(c) MB SportReps.
(d) Barnacle Sports.
4. Why is Brenda shocked when she enters the hotel lobby?
(a) She met her first love there.
(b) Her father used to bring his women there.
(c) She used to work there.
(d) She had been there with her mother.
5. What is the name of the diner Myron goes to in Chapter 13?
(a) Yeti Diner.
(b) Al's Diner.
(c) Ritz Diner.
(d) Neagly's Diner.
6. What is the name of the sports agency looking to start a rival basketball league?
(a) Athlete's Foot.
7. What suggests Horace got away before his house was searched?
(a) His closet is empty.
(b) The backdoor is open.
(c) His car is gone.
(d) His shoes are gone.
8. Who does Myron report to at the beginning of the first chapter?
(a) Julie Anderson.
(b) Brenda Slaughter.
(c) Norm Zuckerman.
(d) Win Bolitar.
9. Who does Mabel promise to find for Brenda?
(a) A good lawyer.
(b) Horace's murderer.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her old attorney.
10. Where is Myron waiting in the prologue?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) His office.
(c) The parking lot.
(d) His apartment.
11. Who does Neagly say had been assaulted around the time of Elizabeth's death?
12. How does Myron know Horace?
(a) He was his best friend.
(b) He was his basketball coach.
(c) He was his boss.
(d) He was his teacher.
13. Which of Brenda's relations does she say is missing?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
14. What did the police investigation reveal about Elizabeth's death?
(a) It was a suicide.
(b) She died of natural causes.
(c) It was accidental.
(d) She was murdered.
15. What university did Terrance attend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Bradfords say handled the help?
2. Why does Myron not want to make Esperanza his partner?
3. How is Mabel related to Horace?
4. Whose death does Myron want Neagly to investigate?
5. Who does Myron think may have blackmailed the Bradford family?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)