|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mabel end the conversation?
(a) She wants to watch the TV.
(b) She has something in the oven.
(c) She has a meeting.
(d) She is tired.
2. Why is Norm unhappy with Myron?
(a) He has contacted Brenda's aunt.
(b) He has used the company credit card.
(c) He has made no progress.
(d) He has left Brenda alone.
3. What sport did Cyndi used to participate in?
4. What two things does Brenda find in her father's locker?
(a) Books and a jumper.
(b) Photographs and a phone.
(c) A letter and t-shirt.
(d) A gun and a bible.
5. How is Mabel related to Horace?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His niece.
6. Who does Brenda say is the most likely person Horace would turn to in times of trouble?
(a) His mother.
(b) His boss.
(c) His sister.
7. What is the name of Myron's sports agency?
(a) Barnacle Sports.
(b) CEO of Zoom.
(c) MB SportReps.
8. What does Campbell say he has sent Horace?
(a) A car.
(b) A letter.
(c) A book.
(d) A gun.
9. Who does Myron think may have killed Horace?
(a) FJ Ache.
(d) The Bradfords.
10. Who is waiting for Myron when he gets home in Chapter 19?
11. What is the name of Brenda's mother?
12. Whose death does Myron want Neagly to investigate?
13. Why does Brenda say Horace went after the two boys?
(a) They called him names.
(b) They were thieves.
(c) They heckled her.
(d) They spat at her.
14. Where does Win say Horace used one of his credit card two weeks before his death?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) The Ritz.
(c) The Love Motel.
(d) The Holiday Inn.
15. What did Horace use to cut the boy's Achilles tendons?
(a) A saw.
(c) A breadknife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the detectives think killed Horace?
2. What does Brenda say her father emptied before he left?
3. Who does Myron meet in Chapter 8?
4. What member of the Bradford family killed herself?
5. Why is Brenda shocked when she enters the hotel lobby?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)