|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Cecile say Delphine sounds like when she says "Yes ma'am" in "Eating Crow"?
(c) Big Ma.
(d) Sister Mukumbu.
2. What do Vonetta and Fern insist on doing a song from for the rally in "Rally for Bobby"?
(a) Brenda and the Tabulations.
(b) Peter, Paul, and Mary.
(c) Jimi Hendrix.
(d) The Beatles.
3. How are the people of San Francisco described in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
4. When do Delphine and her sisters go to San Francisco in "San Francisco Treat"?
(a) Their third Saturday in town.
(b) Their second Saturday in town.
(c) Their second Sunday in town.
(d) Their first Saturday in town.
5. What does Delphine discover by the stove in "Movable Type"?
(a) A stool.
(b) A scooter.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A broom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Black Panthers are with Cecile when she is arrested in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
2. What word from the novel means to make white or pale?
3. What is the shopping center and tourist attraction at Fisherman's Wharf called?
4. How far away is the rally in "Eating Crow"?
5. What do Delphine and her sisters eat upon arriving at the People's Center in "Counting and Skimming"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you relate the Black Panthers, flower children, and feminists in the novel?
2. What does Kelvin reveal about Brother Woods in "Civic Pride"?
3. What are Big Ma's feelings in regard to the Black Panther Party and its members?
4. What is signified by the sisters cleaning Cecile's kitchen in "I Birthed a Nation"?
5. How do the civil rights events on the East Coast and the West Coast differ in the narrative?
6. What is revealed about Hirohito's character in "China Who"?
7. What plan does Delphine reveal to her sisters in "San Francisco Treat"?
8. How does irony apply to the situation where Delphine makes dinner in "Big Red S"?
9. What leads Delphine to go to Safeway in "Big Red S"?
10. What happens when Delphine and her sisters return home in "Wish We Had a Camera"? What are the implications of this scenario?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)