|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the people of San Francisco described in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
2. What name does Delphine call Hirohito in "China Who"?
(a) Scooter Boy.
(b) China Boy.
(c) Japanese Boy.
(d) Go-Kart Boy.
3. What does Delphine decide she and her sisters will do in the end of "The Clark Sisters"?
(a) Clean her mother's kitchen.
(b) Write to the newspaper.
(c) Call her father to ask to go home.
(d) Cook dinner for her mother.
4. Where was Bobby Hutton born?
5. What does Delphine tell Vonetta she cares more about than her family in "Itsy Bitsy Spider"?
(a) Her image.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her doll.
(d) Her poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Fisherman's Wharf redeveloped into a tourist attraction?
2. For whose murder was Huey Newton arrested on October 28, 1968?
3. By what term does Cecile refer to Big Ma in "Eating Crow"?
4. Whom do Delphine and her sisters encounter on their way to San Francisco in "San Francisco Treat"?
5. Who oversees a t-shirt printing operation in "China Who"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the theme of counterculture explored in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
2. What does the title of "Movable Type" refer to in the narrative?
3. How does Delphine respond to her teachings at the People's Center in "Rally for Bobby"?
4. What happens when Delphine and her sisters return home in "Wish We Had a Camera"? What are the implications of this scenario?
5. How has Cecile's behavior toward Delphine changed in "Movable Type"?
6. How would you relate the Black Panthers, flower children, and feminists in the novel?
7. What does Delphine ask her mother for in "Expert Colored Counting"? How does Cecile respond?
8. What rule are the sisters breaking by cleaning Cecile's kitchen in "I Birthed a Nation"?
9. What does Sister Mukumbu teach the class in "Civic Pride"?
10. What do Delphine and her peers learn about Bobby Hutton in "Rally for Bobby"?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)