|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Delphine refuse to take her sisters to the People's Center in "Eating Crow"?
(a) Because Crazy Kelvin threatened her.
(b) Because she does not want them to attend the rally.
(c) Because she is scared of Sister Mukumbu.
(d) Because she is scared of Sister Pat.
2. What is Hirohito's mother called in the narrative?
(a) Mrs. Wilson.
(b) Mrs. Rose.
(c) Mrs. Anderson.
(d) Mrs. Woods.
3. What does a woman on the street give to Delphine, Vonetta, and Fern in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
(c) Peace sign necklaces.
(d) Potato chips.
4. What does Delphine do in "Eating Crow" that constitutes this phrase?
(a) She takes back what she said at the People's Center.
(b) She tells her mother that she loves her.
(c) She cooks dinner.
(d) She calls her father and asks him to come and get her and her sisters.
5. What does Delphine tell Vonetta she cares more about than her family in "Itsy Bitsy Spider"?
(a) Her doll.
(b) Her poetry.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her image.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delphine decide she and her sisters will do in the end of "The Clark Sisters"?
2. What word from "Eating Crow" means bewildered?
3. By what name does Cecile refer to her daughters when she is arrested?
4. Where is Cecile's poem discovered in "I Birthed a Nation"?
5. How old was Bobby Hutton when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Cecile's behavior toward Delphine changed in "Movable Type"?
2. What happens when Delphine and her sisters return home in "Wish We Had a Camera"? What are the implications of this scenario?
3. What does Sister Mukumbu teach the class in "Civic Pride"?
4. Who arrives to help Delphine and her sisters in "I Birthed a Nation"? What impact does this have on the protagonist?
5. What is foreshadowed by the encounter with Hirohito in "San Francisco Treat"?
6. How would you relate the Black Panthers, flower children, and feminists in the novel?
7. What is revealed about Hirohito's character in "China Who"?
8. How do the civil rights events on the East Coast and the West Coast differ in the narrative?
9. How does irony apply to the situation where Delphine makes dinner in "Big Red S"?
10. What plan does Delphine reveal to her sisters in "San Francisco Treat"?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)