|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers Cecile's poem in "I Birthed a Nation"?
2. How are the people of San Francisco described in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
3. What is the name of Hirohito's father?
(a) Brother Woods.
(b) Brother James.
(c) Brother Smith.
(d) Brother Wilson.
4. Where do Delphine and her sister go to catch a streetcar in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
(a) Washington Street.
(b) Grant Street.
(c) Wilson Street.
(d) Canal Street.
5. Where does Cecile say her daughters live when she is arrested?
(a) In San Francisco.
(b) Up the road.
(c) In New York.
(d) At the orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Civic Pride," Sister Mukumbu teaches the students about their rights and how to protect their rights against whom?
2. Where was Huey Newton born?
3. What word from the novel means to fool or trick someone?
4. Whom does Cecile say Delphine sounds like when she says "Yes ma'am" in "Eating Crow"?
5. How is the family described that takes pictures of Delphine and her sisters in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Big Ma's feelings in regard to the Black Panther Party and its members?
2. What does Sister Mukumbu teach the class in "Civic Pride"?
3. What happens at the People's Center in "Counting and Skimming"?
4. What is revealed about Hirohito's character in "China Who"?
5. What is signified by the sisters cleaning Cecile's kitchen in "I Birthed a Nation"?
6. How would you relate the Black Panthers, flower children, and feminists in the novel?
7. How does irony apply to the situation where Delphine makes dinner in "Big Red S"?
8. What happens when Delphine and her sisters return home in "Wish We Had a Camera"? What are the implications of this scenario?
9. How has Cecile's behavior toward Delphine changed in "Movable Type"?
10. How does Cecile respond to Delphine's shopping at Safeway in "Big Red S"?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)