|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time do Delphine and her sisters return to their mother's home in "Crazy Mother Mountain"?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 7 p.m.
(c) 6 p.m.
(d) 8 p.m.
2. By what name do the Black Panthers refer to Cecile in "Breakfast Program"?
(a) Sister Pat.
(b) Sister Assata.
(c) Sister Mukumbu.
(d) Sister Inzilla.
3. In what year is One Crazy Summer set?
4. In what year did Cassius Clay change his name to Muhammed Ali?
5. How much money does Cecile give to Delphine to get Chinese food in "Mean Lady Ming"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Gaither sisters' father?
2. At the airport, Big Ma looks favorably at a young black woman who is dressed like what public figure?
3. What does Delphine note that Cecile wears in her hair in "Green Stucco House"?
4. How are the workers from the local store described in "Coloring and La-La"?
5. What beverage does Cecile tell Delphine to get at the restaurant in "Mean Lady Ming"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the theme of counterculture explored in the first chapters of the novel?
2. How is the setting described at the People's Center in "Breakfast Program"?
3. Why does Cecile send her daughters to the People's Center in "Inseparable"?
4. Why does Big Ma ask a black woman at the airport to look after her granddaughters?
5. What is reflected through Big Ma's perceptions of the people at the airport?
6. What are the repercussions of Cecile's actions of independence in the novel?
7. What is revealed to be in the package sent by Cecile to the People's Center in "Breakfast Program"?
8. How are feminist ideals demonstrated through Cecile's character in the novel?
9. How would you describe the relationship between the Gaither sisters, Pa, and Big Ma?
10. What has Vonetta done to Fern's doll in "Coloring and La-La"? What are the repercussions of this action?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)