|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Delphine read to her sisters when they go to bed in "Glass of Water"?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Aesop's Fables.
(d) James and the Giant Peach.
2. Who raises her hand in class to say she's not come for a revolution but to meet her mother in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
3. From whose perspective is the narrative related?
4. Who has called Cecile the greediest, meanest person alive?
(c) Big Ma.
5. By what name do the Black Panthers refer to Cecile in "Breakfast Program"?
(a) Sister Mukumbu.
(b) Sister Pat.
(c) Sister Inzilla.
(d) Sister Assata.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Gaither sisters live with their father?
2. How much later are Delphine and her sisters past their bedtime when she looks at her watch in "Glass of Water"?
3. Who gets Delphine and her sisters situated for the summer program at the People's Center in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
4. What do the Gaither sisters want to use their father's money for in "Mean Lady Ming"?
5. Why does Cecile mock Fern in "Inseparable"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Vonetta done to Fern's doll in "Coloring and La-La"? What are the repercussions of this action?
2. How are feminist ideals demonstrated through Cecile's character in the novel?
3. What do the Black Panthers discuss with Cecile in "For the People"?
4. Why does one of the Black Panthers harass Fern in "Breakfast Program"?
5. What historical allusions are made in "For the People"? Who is referenced?
6. How does Delphine feel about the people and customs at the People's Center in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
7. What are Delphine's initial perceptions of the Black Panthers in the novel?
8. What causes the conflict between Delphine and her sisters in "Golden Gate Bridge"?
9. What does Cecile give to Delphine to take to the People's Center in "Inseparable"?
10. How would you describe the relationship between the Gaither sisters, Pa, and Big Ma?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)