|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Fern in the novel?
2. What girl makes fun of Fern in class in "Coloring and La-La"?
3. What is the name of the girl in the college t-shirt in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
(a) Sister Inzilla.
(b) Sister Pat.
(c) Sister Mukumbu.
(d) Sister Sarah.
4. At the airport, Big Ma looks favorably at a young black woman who is dressed like what public figure?
(a) June Cleaver.
(b) Assata Shakur.
(c) Jackie Kennedy.
(d) Barbara Bush.
5. What are the students tasked with doing in class in "Coloring and La-La"?
(a) Counting newspapers.
(b) Distributing flyers.
(c) Coloring posters.
(d) Writing out the alphabet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Delphine say she is often mistaken for due to her long legs in "Golden Gate Bridge"?
2. How much later are Delphine and her sisters past their bedtime when she looks at her watch in "Glass of Water"?
3. By what name do the Black Panthers refer to Cecile in "Breakfast Program"?
4. From what airport are the Gaither sisters departing in "Cassius Clay Clouds"?
5. At what time is Delphine and her sisters' regular bedtime?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Big Ma worry about the girls' trip?
2. How is the setting described at the People's Center in "Breakfast Program"?
3. What has Vonetta done to Fern's doll in "Coloring and La-La"? What are the repercussions of this action?
4. What are the repercussions of Cecile's actions of independence in the novel?
5. What historical allusions are made in "For the People"? Who is referenced?
6. What do the Black Panthers discuss with Cecile in "For the People"?
7. What does Cecile give to Delphine to take to the People's Center in "Inseparable"?
8. What is symbolic about Cecile's kitchen in the novel?
9. Why does one of the Black Panthers harass Fern in "Breakfast Program"?
10. What causes the conflict between Delphine and her sisters in "Golden Gate Bridge"?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)