|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Vonetta in the story?
2. What is the name of the Gaither sisters' father?
(a) Louis Gaither.
(b) Frank Gaither.
(c) Jacob Gaither.
(d) Mark Gaither.
3. How much money does Cecile give to Delphine to get Chinese food in "Mean Lady Ming"?
4. What television show's theme song do kids at school sing to make fun of Delphine's name?
(b) "Mork and Mindy."
5. Where does Delphine carry her envelope of money in the airport in "Cassius Clay Clouds"?
(a) In her pocket.
(b) In her hat.
(c) In a purse.
(d) In her shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Cassius Clay change his name to Muhammed Ali?
2. What 1968 book did Leroy Eldridge Cleaver write?
3. How is Hirohito's ethnicity described in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
4. What is Cecile's last name?
5. What name does Cecile say the Black Panthers are calling her in "Crazy Mother Mountain"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Black Panthers discuss with Cecile in "For the People"?
2. What is revealed to be in the package sent by Cecile to the People's Center in "Breakfast Program"?
3. How are feminist ideals demonstrated through Cecile's character in the novel?
4. What are Delphine's initial perceptions of the Black Panthers in the novel?
5. Why does one of the Black Panthers harass Fern in "Breakfast Program"?
6. What historical allusions are made in "For the People"? Who is referenced?
7. Where are the Gaither sisters traveling in "Cassius Clay Clouds"? How do they feel about their trip?
8. What does Cecile give to Delphine to take to the People's Center in "Inseparable"?
9. Why does Cecile send her daughters to the People's Center in "Inseparable"?
10. Why does Big Ma worry about the girls' trip?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)