|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hirohito's ethnicity described in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
(a) He is half black and half Mexican.
(b) He is half black and half Japanese.
(c) He is half black and half Filipino.
(d) He is half white and half black.
2. What beverage does Cecile tell Delphine to get at the restaurant in "Mean Lady Ming"?
3. How does one of the Black Panthers refer to the workers from the local store in "Coloring and La-La"?
(a) Selfish cretins.
(b) White pansies.
(c) Racist dogs.
(d) Fat pigs.
4. Where does Delphine carry her envelope of money in the airport in "Cassius Clay Clouds"?
(a) In a purse.
(b) In her hat.
(c) In her shoe.
(d) In her pocket.
5. When was Che Guevara executed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the doll that Fern carries with her everywhere she goes?
2. Who gives a demonstration of the earth spinning in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
3. In what year is One Crazy Summer set?
4. How old does Delphine say she is often mistaken for due to her long legs in "Golden Gate Bridge"?
5. When did Huey Newton co-found the Black Panther Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cecile behave toward her daughters upon their arrival in "Green Stucco House"?
2. How is the theme of family illustrated through the character of Delphine in "Glass of Water"?
3. How is the theme of counterculture explored in the first chapters of the novel?
4. What does Cecile give to Delphine to take to the People's Center in "Inseparable"?
5. What has Vonetta done to Fern's doll in "Coloring and La-La"? What are the repercussions of this action?
6. Why does Cecile send her daughters to the People's Center in "Inseparable"?
7. What is symbolic about Cecile's kitchen in the novel?
8. What is revealed to be in the package sent by Cecile to the People's Center in "Breakfast Program"?
9. What is one example of the theme of racism seen in the first chapters of the novel?
10. What is reflected through Big Ma's perceptions of the people at the airport?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)