|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Delphine and her sisters go to San Francisco in "San Francisco Treat"?
(a) Their second Saturday in town.
(b) Their third Saturday in town.
(c) Their first Saturday in town.
(d) Their second Sunday in town.
2. What do Delphine and her sisters do in the morning in "I Birthed a Nation"?
(a) They go to the library.
(b) They go to the grocery store.
(c) They clean the kitchen.
(d) They cook a huge breakfast.
3. Where did Delphine witness police officers calling her father cruel names?
(a) In Boston.
(b) In Maryland.
(c) In New York.
(d) In the South.
4. In "Civic Pride," Sister Mukumbu teaches the students about their rights and how to protect their rights against whom?
(a) Abusive domestic partners.
(b) The KKK.
(c) Gang members.
(d) The police.
5. By what term does Cecile refer to Big Ma in "Eating Crow"?
(a) A hillbilly.
(b) A country mammy.
(c) A conservative prude.
(d) A redneck.
6. What do Vonetta and Fern insist on doing a song from for the rally in "Rally for Bobby"?
(a) Jimi Hendrix.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Peter, Paul, and Mary.
(d) Brenda and the Tabulations.
7. The planned Black Panther rally is to have a park named after whom?
(a) Eldridge Cleaver.
(b) Bobby Hutton.
(c) Bobby Seale.
(d) Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
8. What group of people do Delphine and her sisters learn are fighting for their rights in "Counting and Skimming"?
(a) Rural farmers.
(c) Migrant workers.
(d) Union workers.
9. How is the family described that takes pictures of Delphine and her sisters in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
(a) Very pale.
(b) Very dark-skinned.
(c) Very strange.
(d) Very loud.
10. What does Delphine decide she and her sisters will do in the end of "The Clark Sisters"?
(a) Call her father to ask to go home.
(b) Cook dinner for her mother.
(c) Clean her mother's kitchen.
(d) Write to the newspaper.
11. What has been wrecked in Cecile's house by the police during her arrest?
(a) Her gun cabinet.
(b) Her printing press.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) Her basement.
12. What does Cecile tell Vonetta about the poem she plans to recite at the rally in "Itsy Bitsy Spider"?
(a) That is it horrible.
(b) That is it too long.
(c) That it is perfect.
(d) That it is beautiful.
13. What word from the novel means to fool or trick someone?
14. What does the girl tell Delphine and her sisters that peace is in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
15. What does Delphine tell Vonetta she cares more about than her family in "Itsy Bitsy Spider"?
(a) Her image.
(b) Her doll.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. The rally of the Black Panthers is to free whom?
2. What was Huey Newton's position in the Black Panther Party?
3. Whom do Delphine and her sisters encounter on their way to San Francisco in "San Francisco Treat"?
4. What does Cecile reprimand Delphine for in "Big Red S"?
5. What is the title of the poem that Vonetta plans to recite at the rally in "Itsy Bitsy Spider"?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)