|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the phrase "eating crow" an example of?
(b) An idiom.
(c) A simile.
2. By what term does Cecile refer to Big Ma in "Eating Crow"?
(a) A country mammy.
(b) A conservative prude.
(c) A redneck.
(d) A hillbilly.
3. What do Vonetta and Fern insist on doing a song from for the rally in "Rally for Bobby"?
(a) Peter, Paul, and Mary.
(b) Brenda and the Tabulations.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) Jimi Hendrix.
4. What does Delphine do in "Eating Crow" that constitutes this phrase?
(a) She tells her mother that she loves her.
(b) She cooks dinner.
(c) She takes back what she said at the People's Center.
(d) She calls her father and asks him to come and get her and her sisters.
5. Where was Bobby Hutton arrested while protesting the Mulford Act?
(a) Cleveland, Mississippi.
(b) Denver, Colorado.
(c) Sacramento, California.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
6. How is Hirohoto's mother described in "I Birthed a Nation"?
(d) African American.
7. Who discovers Cecile's poem in "I Birthed a Nation"?
8. For whose murder was Huey Newton arrested on October 28, 1968?
(a) For Frank White's murder.
(b) For Assata Shakur's murder.
(c) For Eldridge Cleaver's murder.
(d) For John Frey's murder.
9. Where do Delphine and her sisters go on the streetcar in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To Chinatown.
(c) To the aquarium.
(d) To the zoo.
10. What does a woman on the street give to Delphine, Vonetta, and Fern in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
(b) Peace sign necklaces.
(c) Potato chips.
11. How is the family described that takes pictures of Delphine and her sisters in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
(a) Very loud.
(b) Very dark-skinned.
(c) Very strange.
(d) Very pale.
12. What word from the narrative means to brood silently out of disappointment or annoyance?
13. What is the name of Eunice's middle sister?
14. What does Cecile teach Delphine to work in "Movable Type"?
(a) The electric organ.
(b) The printing press.
(c) The microwave.
(d) The oven.
15. Where do Delphine and her sisters go after Fisherman's Wharf in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
(a) To the aquarium.
(b) To the zoo.
(c) To the Golden Gate Bridge.
(d) To Big Sur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shopping center and tourist attraction at Fisherman's Wharf called?
2. Where does Delphine go to buy food in "Big Red S"?
3. How far away is the rally in "Eating Crow"?
4. Who oversees a t-shirt printing operation in "China Who"?
5. What word from the novel means municipal?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)