|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away is the rally in "Eating Crow"?
(a) 1 week away.
(b) 9 days away.
(c) 3 days away.
(d) 2 weeks away.
2. Who wants to know why Delphine and her sisters are back in "Eating Crow"?
3. Whom do Delphine and her sisters encounter on their way to San Francisco in "San Francisco Treat"?
(c) Mrs. Ming.
(d) Crazy Kelvin.
4. Where is Cecile's poem discovered in "I Birthed a Nation"?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In Cecile's bedroom.
(d) In the living room.
5. Who killed Bobby Hutton?
(a) The Los Angeles police.
(b) The Oakland police.
(c) Eldridge Cleaver.
(d) The Sacramento police.
6. What name is listed as the author of Cecile's poem in "I Birthed a Nation"?
7. What does Delphine ask her mother for on behalf of her sisters in "Expert Colored Counting"?
(a) A poem.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A coloring book.
(d) A television.
8. What is the name of Hirohito's father?
(a) Brother Woods.
(b) Brother Wilson.
(c) Brother Smith.
(d) Brother James.
9. What does Delphine tell Vonetta she cares more about than her family in "Itsy Bitsy Spider"?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her doll.
(c) Her poetry.
(d) Her image.
10. The rally of the Black Panthers is to free whom?
(a) Crazy Kelvin.
(b) Huey Newton.
(c) Brother Woods.
(d) Bobby Hutton.
11. What does Cecile tell Vonetta about the poem she plans to recite at the rally in "Itsy Bitsy Spider"?
(a) That is it horrible.
(b) That it is perfect.
(c) That it is beautiful.
(d) That is it too long.
12. What word from the novel means municipal?
13. How is the family described that takes pictures of Delphine and her sisters in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
(a) Very pale.
(b) Very strange.
(c) Very loud.
(d) Very dark-skinned.
14. What are Delphine and Fern tasked with counting at the People's Center in "Counting and Skimming"?
15. What group of people do Delphine and her sisters learn are fighting for their rights in "Counting and Skimming"?
(a) Migrant workers.
(b) Rural farmers.
(d) Union workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Delphine and her sisters reach San Francisco in "San Francisco Treat"?
2. How is Hirohoto's mother described in "I Birthed a Nation"?
3. Who does Delphine realize are right after her mother's arrest in "The Clark Sisters"?
4. What does Delphine do in "Eating Crow" that constitutes this phrase?
5. What does Cecile teach Delphine to work in "Movable Type"?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)