|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to know why Delphine and her sisters are back in "Eating Crow"?
2. How are the people of San Francisco described in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
3. Who killed Bobby Hutton?
(a) The Los Angeles police.
(b) The Sacramento police.
(c) Eldridge Cleaver.
(d) The Oakland police.
4. What does Cecile grudgingly buy for her daughters in "Expert Colored Counting"?
(a) A second-hand radio.
(b) A go-kart.
(c) A trip to Disneyland.
(d) A television.
5. What word from "Eating Crow" means bewildered?
6. What do Hirohito and his mother bring to Delphine and her sisters in "I Birthed a Nation"?
(a) A radio.
(b) A television.
7. How far away is the rally in "Eating Crow"?
(a) 3 days away.
(b) 1 week away.
(c) 9 days away.
(d) 2 weeks away.
8. How old was Bobby Hutton when he died?
9. Who oversees a t-shirt printing operation in "China Who"?
(a) Crazy Kelvin.
(b) Brother Woods.
(c) Sister Nzila and Sister Mukumbu.
(d) Sister Pat and Sister Mukumbu.
10. What do Delphine and her sisters do in the morning in "I Birthed a Nation"?
(a) They cook a huge breakfast.
(b) They go to the grocery store.
(c) They clean the kitchen.
(d) They go to the library.
11. What does the girl tell Delphine and her sisters that peace is in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
12. Who does Delphine realize are right after her mother's arrest in "The Clark Sisters"?
(a) Sister Pat.
(b) Sister Mukumbu and Kelvin.
(c) Hirohito and Sarah.
(d) Pa and Big Ma.
13. Whom does Cecile say Delphine sounds like when she says "Yes ma'am" in "Eating Crow"?
(a) Sister Mukumbu.
(b) Big Ma.
14. What does Delphine ask her mother for on behalf of her sisters in "Expert Colored Counting"?
(a) A coloring book.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A television.
(d) A poem.
15. Who wrote the poem that Vonetta plans to recite at the rally in "Itsy Bitsy Spider"?
(a) Gerndolyn Brooks.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Brother Woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hirohito's father?
2. What word from the novel means municipal?
3. The rally of the Black Panthers is to free whom?
4. What has been wrecked in Cecile's house by the police during her arrest?
5. What word from the narrative means to brood silently out of disappointment or annoyance?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)