|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fern's tummy hurt in "Big Red S"?
(a) From eating peanut butter at the People's Center.
(b) From drinking soured milk.
(c) From eating too much Chinese food.
(d) From not eating anything.
2. What do the wet sheets of paper resemble to Delphine in "Movable Type"?
3. What does Delphine discover by the stove in "Movable Type"?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A stool.
(c) A scooter.
(d) A broom.
4. How old was Bobby Hutton when he died?
5. What does the girl tell Delphine and her sisters that peace is in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
6. Whom do Delphine and her sisters encounter on their way to San Francisco in "San Francisco Treat"?
(a) Crazy Kelvin.
(b) Mrs. Ming.
7. What word from the novel means to make white or pale?
8. What does Delphine do in "Eating Crow" that constitutes this phrase?
(a) She cooks dinner.
(b) She calls her father and asks him to come and get her and her sisters.
(c) She takes back what she said at the People's Center.
(d) She tells her mother that she loves her.
9. Who discovers Cecile's poem in "I Birthed a Nation"?
10. What word from the novel means municipal?
11. Where was Huey Newton born?
(a) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(b) Oxford, Mississippi.
(c) Memphis, Tennessee.
(d) Monroe, Louisiana.
12. Who does Delphine tell Vonetta she is just like in "Itsy Bitsy Spider"?
(a) Sister Mukumbu.
13. Where was Bobby Hutton born?
14. What does Cecile reprimand Delphine for in "Big Red S"?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Eating Chinese food.
(c) Living for others.
(d) Writing poetry.
15. Who does Delphine realize are right after her mother's arrest in "The Clark Sisters"?
(a) Pa and Big Ma.
(b) Sister Pat.
(c) Hirohito and Sarah.
(d) Sister Mukumbu and Kelvin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Delphine and her sisters reach San Francisco in "San Francisco Treat"?
2. What word from the novel means to fool or trick someone?
3. How many Black Panthers are with Cecile when she is arrested in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
4. The rally of the Black Panthers is to free whom?
5. What do Delphine and her sisters eat upon arriving at the People's Center in "Counting and Skimming"?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)