|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cecile tell Vonetta about the poem she plans to recite at the rally in "Itsy Bitsy Spider"?
(a) That it is beautiful.
(b) That it is perfect.
(c) That is it too long.
(d) That is it horrible.
2. Who wants to know why Delphine and her sisters are back in "Eating Crow"?
3. Where did Delphine witness police officers calling her father cruel names?
(a) In the South.
(b) In Boston.
(c) In New York.
(d) In Maryland.
4. How are the people of San Francisco described in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
5. What word from "Eating Crow" means bewildered?
6. Where was Bobby Hutton arrested while protesting the Mulford Act?
(a) Denver, Colorado.
(b) Cleveland, Mississippi.
(c) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(d) Sacramento, California.
7. By what term does Cecile refer to Big Ma in "Eating Crow"?
(a) A redneck.
(b) A country mammy.
(c) A hillbilly.
(d) A conservative prude.
8. What are Delphine and Fern tasked with counting at the People's Center in "Counting and Skimming"?
9. Why does Delphine refuse to take her sisters to the People's Center in "Eating Crow"?
(a) Because she is scared of Sister Mukumbu.
(b) Because she does not want them to attend the rally.
(c) Because Crazy Kelvin threatened her.
(d) Because she is scared of Sister Pat.
10. What word from the narrative means a journey or trip?
11. What is the shopping center and tourist attraction at Fisherman's Wharf called?
(a) Pier 42.
(b) Pier 39.
(c) Pier 19.
(d) Pier 17.
12. By what name does Cecile refer to her daughters when she is arrested?
13. How is Hirohoto's mother described in "I Birthed a Nation"?
(a) African American.
14. What has been wrecked in Cecile's house by the police during her arrest?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) Her gun cabinet.
(c) Her printing press.
(d) Her basement.
15. What word from the novel means municipal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delphine discover by the stove in "Movable Type"?
2. The rally of the Black Panthers is to free whom?
3. What is the name of Hirohito's father?
4. What name does Delphine call Hirohito in "China Who"?
5. How many Black Panthers are with Cecile when she is arrested in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)