|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the students tasked with doing in class in "Coloring and La-La"?
(a) Coloring posters.
(b) Writing out the alphabet.
(c) Distributing flyers.
(d) Counting newspapers.
2. At what time is Delphine and her sisters' regular bedtime?
3. By what name do the Black Panthers refer to Cecile in "Breakfast Program"?
(a) Sister Inzilla.
(b) Sister Mukumbu.
(c) Sister Pat.
(d) Sister Assata.
4. At the airport, Big Ma looks favorably at a young black woman who is dressed like what public figure?
(a) Assata Shakur.
(b) June Cleaver.
(c) Jackie Kennedy.
(d) Barbara Bush.
5. What name do Delphine and her sisters hear the Black Panthers calling Cecile in "For the People"?
(a) "Sister Akila."
(b) "Sister Pat."
(c) "Sister Inzilla."
(d) "Sister Assata."
6. Why does Cecile mock Fern in "Inseparable"?
(a) For not knowing how to read.
(b) For carrying a doll.
(c) For being short.
(d) For being tall.
7. How much money does the woman in the airport give to Fern in "Secret Agent Mother"?
(a) 15 cents.
(b) 10 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
(d) 25 cents.
8. When was Che Guevara executed?
9. What do the Gaither sisters want to use their father's money for in "Mean Lady Ming"?
(a) To go to the aquarium.
(b) To go to San Francisco.
(c) To go to Disneyland.
(d) To go to the zoo.
10. How is Hirohito's ethnicity described in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
(a) He is half black and half Filipino.
(b) He is half white and half black.
(c) He is half black and half Japanese.
(d) He is half black and half Mexican.
11. What is the name of the doll that Fern carries with her everywhere she goes?
(a) Miss Lucy.
(b) Miss Patty Cake.
(c) Miss Sarah Doll.
(d) Miss Christie.
12. What does Cecile give to Delphine to pass off to any Black Panther they see in "Inseparable"?
(a) A black ribbon.
(d) A box.
13. How much money has Pa given to Delphine for her trip with her sisters?
14. What television show's theme song do kids at school sing to make fun of Delphine's name?
(c) "Mork and Mindy."
15. From whose perspective is the narrative related?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Huey Newton co-found the Black Panther Party?
2. What does the Chinese woman tell the Gaither sisters she will not give them in "Mean Lady Ming"?
3. What information does Delphine relate when she calls home in "Collect Call"?
4. What name does Cecile say the Black Panthers are calling her in "Crazy Mother Mountain"?
5. Where is Darnell's uncle fighting in the military?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)