|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chinese woman tell the Gaither sisters she will not give them in "Mean Lady Ming"?
(b) Free noodles.
(c) Free rice.
(d) Free egg rolls.
2. How long ago did Delpine's mother abandon her family?
(a) 2 years ago.
(b) 7 years ago.
(c) 9 years ago.
(d) 4 years ago.
3. Who answers the phone when Delphine calls home in "Collect Call"?
(a) Big Ma.
(b) Aunt Louise.
(d) Her father.
4. Who raises her hand in class to say she's not come for a revolution but to meet her mother in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
5. From what airport are the Gaither sisters departing in "Cassius Clay Clouds"?
(a) JFK Airport.
(b) O'Hare Airport.
(c) La Guardia Airport.
(d) PDX Airport.
6. How is Hirohito's ethnicity described in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
(a) He is half black and half Mexican.
(b) He is half black and half Japanese.
(c) He is half black and half Filipino.
(d) He is half white and half black.
7. What is the name of the Gaither sisters' father?
(a) Mark Gaither.
(b) Louis Gaither.
(c) Jacob Gaither.
(d) Frank Gaither.
8. In what year did Cassius Clay change his name to Muhammed Ali?
9. How does one of the Black Panthers refer to the workers from the local store in "Coloring and La-La"?
(a) White pansies.
(b) Selfish cretins.
(c) Fat pigs.
(d) Racist dogs.
10. What beverage does Cecile tell Delphine to get at the restaurant in "Mean Lady Ming"?
11. From whose perspective is the narrative related?
12. Where are the Gaither sisters going to visit their mother in "Cassius Clay Clouds"?
(a) Fresno, California.
(b) Eureka, California.
(c) San Jose, California.
(d) Oakland, California.
13. Why does the girl make fun of Fern in class in "Coloring and La-La"?
(a) For carrying a doll.
(b) For being tall.
(c) For being short.
(d) For talking back to the teacher.
14. How much later are Delphine and her sisters past their bedtime when she looks at her watch in "Glass of Water"?
(a) 45 minutes after their bedtime.
(b) 1 hour and 5 minutes after their bedtime.
(c) 2 hours and 20 minutes after their bedtime.
(d) 35 minutes after their bedtime.
15. Who gets caught by the stewardess and it told to sit down on the flight in "Golden Gate Bridge"?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time is Delphine and her sisters' regular bedtime?
2. What do the posters in the People's Center say regarding Huey Newton?
3. What does Cecile's assumed name mean in the Yoruba language?
4. How old is Fern in the novel?
5. When does Cecile tell her daughters to come home in "Inseparable"?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)