|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Huey Newton co-found the Black Panther Party?
2. How old is Fern in the novel?
3. How much later are Delphine and her sisters past their bedtime when she looks at her watch in "Glass of Water"?
(a) 1 hour and 5 minutes after their bedtime.
(b) 35 minutes after their bedtime.
(c) 2 hours and 20 minutes after their bedtime.
(d) 45 minutes after their bedtime.
4. Where do the Gaither sisters live with their father?
(a) Portland, Oregon.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Brooklyn, New York.
(d) Queens, New York.
5. At what time do Delphine and her sisters return to their mother's home in "Crazy Mother Mountain"?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 7 p.m.
(c) 6 p.m.
(d) 8 p.m.
6. Who answers the phone when Delphine calls home in "Collect Call"?
(a) Her father.
(b) Aunt Louise.
(c) Big Ma.
7. In what year did Cassius Clay change his name to Muhammed Ali?
8. How much money does the woman in the airport give to Fern in "Secret Agent Mother"?
(a) 10 cents.
(b) 25 cents.
(c) 15 cents.
(d) 50 cents.
9. By what name do the Black Panthers refer to Cecile in "Breakfast Program"?
(a) Sister Assata.
(b) Sister Pat.
(c) Sister Inzilla.
(d) Sister Mukumbu.
10. What book does Delphine read to her sisters when they go to bed in "Glass of Water"?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Aesop's Fables.
(d) James and the Giant Peach.
11. How is Cecile dressed when she arrives at the airport in "Secret Agent Mother"?
(a) She is dressed in all black.
(b) She is dressed in all white.
(c) She is dressed in all red.
(d) She is wearing a floral sundress.
12. Who raises her hand in class to say she's not come for a revolution but to meet her mother in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
13. Who has called Cecile the greediest, meanest person alive?
(a) Big Ma.
14. What television show's theme song do kids at school sing to make fun of Delphine's name?
(c) "Mork and Mindy."
15. When was Che Guevara executed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cecile's last name?
2. What book does Delphine read to herself at bedtime in "Glass of Water"?
3. Who uses a black marker to color Fern's doll in "Coloring and La-La"?
4. What information does Delphine relate when she calls home in "Collect Call"?
5. From whose perspective is the narrative related?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)