|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Black Panthers have shown up at Cecile's house in "For the People"?
2. What is the name of the Gaither sisters' father?
(a) Frank Gaither.
(b) Jacob Gaither.
(c) Louis Gaither.
(d) Mark Gaither.
3. What is the boy riding that clips Delphine in "Mean Lady Ming"?
(a) A go-kart.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A wooden T-board.
(d) A three-wheeler.
4. What book does Delphine read to herself at bedtime in "Glass of Water"?
(a) Island of the Blue Dolphins.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) James and the Giant Peach.
5. What do the posters in the People's Center say regarding Huey Newton?
(a) "Free Huey."
(b) "Huey for President."
(c) "Execute Huey."
(d) "Bring Back Huey."
6. How old is Fern in the novel?
7. How old is Delphine?
8. Why does the girl make fun of Fern in class in "Coloring and La-La"?
(a) For being short.
(b) For being tall.
(c) For carrying a doll.
(d) For talking back to the teacher.
9. Who gives a demonstration of the earth spinning in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
(a) Sister Mukumbu.
(b) Sister Pat.
(c) Sister Inzilla.
(d) Sister Sarah.
10. What is the name of the girl in the college t-shirt in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
(a) Sister Pat.
(b) Sister Mukumbu.
(c) Sister Sarah.
(d) Sister Inzilla.
11. How old is Vonetta in the story?
12. What beverage does Cecile tell Delphine to get at the restaurant in "Mean Lady Ming"?
13. Why does Kelvin confront Fern in "Breakfast Program"?
(a) Because she is picking her nose.
(b) Because she drops her food.
(c) Because her doll is white.
(d) Because she is without her mother.
14. Who uses a black marker to color Fern's doll in "Coloring and La-La"?
15. How much money does the woman in the airport give to Fern in "Secret Agent Mother"?
(a) 10 cents.
(b) 15 cents.
(c) 25 cents.
(d) 50 cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delphine note that Cecile wears in her hair in "Green Stucco House"?
2. Who gets up to go to the kitchen for water in "Glass of Water"?
3. What does Cecile claim the Feds hire to infiltrate families and report on black people in "Crazy Mother Mountain"?
4. What is Cecile's last name?
5. At what time is Delphine and her sisters' regular bedtime?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)