|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school is on the shirt of the older teenage girl who tells Kelvin to leave Fern along in "Breakfast Program"?
(d) Cal State.
2. When did Huey Newton co-found the Black Panther Party?
3. How does one of the Black Panthers refer to the workers from the local store in "Coloring and La-La"?
(a) Racist dogs.
(b) White pansies.
(c) Fat pigs.
(d) Selfish cretins.
4. How old is Vonetta in the story?
5. How is Cecile dressed when she arrives at the airport in "Secret Agent Mother"?
(a) She is wearing a floral sundress.
(b) She is dressed in all black.
(c) She is dressed in all red.
(d) She is dressed in all white.
6. Who answers the phone when Delphine calls home in "Collect Call"?
(a) Her father.
(c) Aunt Louise.
(d) Big Ma.
7. What television show's theme song do kids at school sing to make fun of Delphine's name?
(a) "Mork and Mindy."
8. What is the boy riding that clips Delphine in "Mean Lady Ming"?
(a) A three-wheeler.
(b) A wooden T-board.
(c) A go-kart.
(d) A bicycle.
9. Who gives a demonstration of the earth spinning in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
(a) Sister Inzilla.
(b) Sister Mukumbu.
(c) Sister Sarah.
(d) Sister Pat.
10. How much money does the woman in the airport give to Fern in "Secret Agent Mother"?
(a) 15 cents.
(b) 10 cents.
(c) 25 cents.
(d) 50 cents.
11. From what airport are the Gaither sisters departing in "Cassius Clay Clouds"?
(a) La Guardia Airport.
(b) O'Hare Airport.
(c) PDX Airport.
(d) JFK Airport.
12. What girl makes fun of Fern in class in "Coloring and La-La"?
13. When does Cecile tell her daughters to come home in "Inseparable"?
(a) At noon.
(b) At 4:00.
(c) At 3:00.
(d) At sundown.
14. What name do Delphine and her sisters hear the Black Panthers calling Cecile in "For the People"?
(a) "Sister Assata."
(b) "Sister Akila."
(c) "Sister Pat."
(d) "Sister Inzilla."
15. What does a local store deliver to the People's Center when Delphine and her sisters arrive in "Coloring and La-La"?
(a) Pepsis and pizzas.
(b) Bread and orange juice.
(c) Bagels and milk.
(d) Potatoes and broth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chinese woman tell the Gaither sisters she will not give them in "Mean Lady Ming"?
2. How does Big Ma refer to Huey Newton?
3. How are the workers from the local store described in "Coloring and La-La"?
4. By what name do the Black Panthers refer to Cecile in "Breakfast Program"?
5. What is on Crazy Kelvin's t-shirt?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)