|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name do the Black Panthers refer to Cecile in "Breakfast Program"?
(a) Sister Mukumbu.
(b) Sister Assata.
(c) Sister Pat.
(d) Sister Inzilla.
2. How many Black Panthers have shown up at Cecile's house in "For the People"?
3. Where does Cecile say she should have gone to get rid of her children in "Green Stucco House"?
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
4. What is the name of the girl in the college t-shirt in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
(a) Sister Sarah.
(b) Sister Inzilla.
(c) Sister Pat.
(d) Sister Mukumbu.
5. What is the boy riding that clips Delphine in "Mean Lady Ming"?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A go-kart.
(c) A wooden T-board.
(d) A three-wheeler.
6. Why does Cecile mock Fern in "Inseparable"?
(a) For not knowing how to read.
(b) For carrying a doll.
(c) For being tall.
(d) For being short.
7. At the airport, Big Ma looks favorably at a young black woman who is dressed like what public figure?
(a) Assata Shakur.
(b) Barbara Bush.
(c) June Cleaver.
(d) Jackie Kennedy.
8. How much later are Delphine and her sisters past their bedtime when she looks at her watch in "Glass of Water"?
(a) 45 minutes after their bedtime.
(b) 1 hour and 5 minutes after their bedtime.
(c) 35 minutes after their bedtime.
(d) 2 hours and 20 minutes after their bedtime.
9. How is Hirohito's ethnicity described in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
(a) He is half black and half Mexican.
(b) He is half black and half Filipino.
(c) He is half black and half Japanese.
(d) He is half white and half black.
10. What does a local store deliver to the People's Center when Delphine and her sisters arrive in "Coloring and La-La"?
(a) Pepsis and pizzas.
(b) Bread and orange juice.
(c) Bagels and milk.
(d) Potatoes and broth.
11. Where is Big Ma from?
12. How long ago did Delpine's mother abandon her family?
(a) 9 years ago.
(b) 2 years ago.
(c) 4 years ago.
(d) 7 years ago.
13. What girl makes fun of Fern in class in "Coloring and La-La"?
14. Who has called Cecile the greediest, meanest person alive?
(d) Big Ma.
15. What is on Crazy Kelvin's t-shirt?
(a) A dead pig.
(b) A swastika.
(c) A star.
(d) A peace sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time do Delphine and her sisters return to their mother's home in "Crazy Mother Mountain"?
2. Where does Delphine carry her envelope of money in the airport in "Cassius Clay Clouds"?
3. What information does Delphine relate when she calls home in "Collect Call"?
4. What does Cecile have waiting for Delphine and her sisters when they return home in the beginning of "Crazy Mother Mountain"?
5. What is the name of Delphine's uncle?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)