|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Stores of the No Sayers” – “Afua”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kelvin confront Fern in "Breakfast Program"?
(a) Because she drops her food.
(b) Because she is picking her nose.
(c) Because she is without her mother.
(d) Because her doll is white.
2. What does Delphine do in "Eating Crow" that constitutes this phrase?
(a) She takes back what she said at the People's Center.
(b) She tells her mother that she loves her.
(c) She calls her father and asks him to come and get her and her sisters.
(d) She cooks dinner.
3. What book does Delphine read to herself at bedtime in "Glass of Water"?
(a) Moby Dick.
(b) James and the Giant Peach.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Island of the Blue Dolphins.
4. At the airport, Big Ma looks favorably at a young black woman who is dressed like what public figure?
(a) June Cleaver.
(b) Barbara Bush.
(c) Assata Shakur.
(d) Jackie Kennedy.
5. How does one of the Black Panthers refer to the workers from the local store in "Coloring and La-La"?
(a) Selfish cretins.
(b) Fat pigs.
(c) White pansies.
(d) Racist dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the novel means to make white or pale?
2. Who gets up to go to the kitchen for water in "Glass of Water"?
3. When was Fisherman's Wharf redeveloped into a tourist attraction?
4. What is the shopping center and tourist attraction at Fisherman's Wharf called?
5. Who does Delphine realize are right after her mother's arrest in "The Clark Sisters"?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)