|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Counting and Skimming” – “Eating Crow”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cecile mock Fern in "Inseparable"?
(a) For not knowing how to read.
(b) For carrying a doll.
(c) For being tall.
(d) For being short.
2. Where is Darnell's uncle fighting in the military?
(a) In Germany.
(b) In Vietnam.
(c) In Korea.
(d) In Iraq.
3. How old is Fern in the novel?
4. What does the phrase "eating crow" mean?
(a) To fail a class.
(b) To admit you're wrong.
(c) To give up and go home.
(d) To take the lead.
5. Who answers the phone when Delphine calls home in "Collect Call"?
(a) Big Ma.
(b) Her father.
(c) Aunt Louise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cecile say she should have gone to get rid of her children in "Green Stucco House"?
2. For whose murder was Huey Newton arrested on October 28, 1968?
3. Why does Delphine refuse to take her sisters to the People's Center in "Eating Crow"?
4. At what time is Delphine and her sisters' regular bedtime?
5. From what airport are the Gaither sisters departing in "Cassius Clay Clouds"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)