|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Stores of the No Sayers” – “Afua”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecile says that she was taken in by Pa and his brother in exchange for what in "Be Eleven"?
(a) Cooking and cleaning.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Caring for their children.
2. What word from the novel means to make white or pale?
3. What is the name of the girl in the college t-shirt in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
(a) Sister Mukumbu.
(b) Sister Inzilla.
(c) Sister Pat.
(d) Sister Sarah.
4. Where was Fern born?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) On the kitchen floor.
(c) In a bathtub.
(d) At Cecile's mother's home.
5. Whom does Cecile want to know why Delphine did not call after her arrest in "Be Eleven"?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Sister Mukumbu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cecile say Delphine sounds like when she says "Yes ma'am" in "Eating Crow"?
2. How is the family described that takes pictures of Delphine and her sisters in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
3. What do Delphine and her sisters eat upon arriving at the People's Center in "Counting and Skimming"?
4. With whom do Delphine and her sisters stay while their mom is in jail?
5. What does Vonetta decide to do with the poem of Cecile's in "I Birthed a Nation"?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)