|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Stores of the No Sayers” – “Afua”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is listed as the author of Cecile's poem in "I Birthed a Nation"?
2. Where is Darnell's uncle fighting in the military?
(a) In Vietnam.
(b) In Germany.
(c) In Korea.
(d) In Iraq.
3. Who do Vonetta and Fern run off with after the rally in "So"?
(a) Sarah and Emily.
(b) Jay and Paul.
(c) Janice and Beatrice.
(d) Natasha and Peter.
4. What information does Delphine relate when she calls home in "Collect Call"?
(a) That they have arrived safely.
(b) That they are out of money.
(c) That they are ready to go home.
(d) That their mother won't take them in.
5. How is Hirohoto's mother described in "I Birthed a Nation"?
(a) African American.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Cecile live after the death of her mother?
2. Who is the first to hug Cecile as the girls depart in "Afua"?
3. What does Cecile advise Delphine to do in the end of "Be Eleven"?
4. When was Che Guevara executed?
5. How does the crowd respond to Fern's poem in "The Third Thing"?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)