|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Itsy Bitsy Spider” – “I Birthed a Nation”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the phrase "eating crow" an example of?
(a) An idiom.
(b) A simile.
2. How do Delphine and her sisters reach San Francisco in "San Francisco Treat"?
(a) By bus.
(b) By subway.
(c) By the el train.
(d) By taxi.
3. What is the title of the poem that Vonetta plans to recite at the rally in "Itsy Bitsy Spider"?
(a) "Tomorrow's Road."
(b) "A Snowy Evening."
(c) "Power to the People."
(d) "We Real Cool."
4. What do the posters in the People's Center say regarding Huey Newton?
(a) "Free Huey."
(b) "Bring Back Huey."
(c) "Huey for President."
(d) "Execute Huey."
5. What is the name of the girl in the college t-shirt in "Even the Earth is a Revolutionary"?
(a) Sister Sarah.
(b) Sister Mukumbu.
(c) Sister Pat.
(d) Sister Inzilla.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who oversees a t-shirt printing operation in "China Who"?
2. Why does Cecile mock Fern in "Inseparable"?
3. What does Delphine discover by the stove in "Movable Type"?
4. Where did Delphine witness police officers calling her father cruel names?
5. What do Hirohito and his mother bring to Delphine and her sisters in "I Birthed a Nation"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)