|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Itsy Bitsy Spider” – “I Birthed a Nation”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Delphine decide she and her sisters will do in the end of "The Clark Sisters"?
(a) Call her father to ask to go home.
(b) Cook dinner for her mother.
(c) Write to the newspaper.
(d) Clean her mother's kitchen.
2. What has been wrecked in Cecile's house by the police during her arrest?
(a) Her basement.
(b) Her printing press.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) Her gun cabinet.
3. Where do Delphine and her sister go to catch a streetcar in "Wish We Had a Camera"?
(a) Washington Street.
(b) Canal Street.
(c) Grant Street.
(d) Wilson Street.
4. How much later are Delphine and her sisters past their bedtime when she looks at her watch in "Glass of Water"?
(a) 1 hour and 5 minutes after their bedtime.
(b) 45 minutes after their bedtime.
(c) 2 hours and 20 minutes after their bedtime.
(d) 35 minutes after their bedtime.
5. What name does Delphine call Hirohito in "China Who"?
(a) Go-Kart Boy.
(b) China Boy.
(c) Japanese Boy.
(d) Scooter Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who uses a black marker to color Fern's doll in "Coloring and La-La"?
2. What was Huey Newton's position in the Black Panther Party?
3. What is the name of Hirohito's father?
4. What word from the narrative means a journey or trip?
5. Who gets up to go to the kitchen for water in "Glass of Water"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)