|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to Torey that has her concerned about Sheila and the class?
(a) She has to switch her classroom to another building.
(b) She is concerned that she will be gone for two days to a conference.
(c) She has gotten the news that Sheila will move on to another class.
(d) She is injured and will be missing a lot of work.
2. What is Torey worrying about with only three weeks of school left?
(a) Things that should have been done.
(b) How to say goodbye to her students.
(c) How she will break the news to Chad that she is leaving.
(d) What she will do next year.
3. What did Sheila do to the rabbit waste?
(a) Stored it in her desk.
(b) Painted it.
(c) Fed it to Freddie.
(d) Threw it out.
4. What does Sheila say to Torey that she wishes?
(a) That she had never burned the boy.
(b) That Torey and Chad were her parents.
(c) That her father had come with her.
(d) That she could have a dress.
5. What does the epilogue consist of?
6. What does Sheila ask Torey before she leaves her in the nurses office?
(a) If she promises not to tell anyone she cried.
(b) If she can still keep the dress.
(c) If she can take a nap.
(d) If Chad will come to visit her.
7. What does Torey reassure the class of during discussion time?
(a) That she will return from her conference.
(b) That Anton and Whitney will be there and class will go on the same.
(c) That they must be better behaved than they are for her.
(d) That she loves them all.
8. What surprises Torey about Whitney?
(a) She does not like to help with cooking class.
(b) She enjoys taking the kids on field trips.
(c) She is afraid of Anton.
(d) She likes to play practical jokes.
9. What is the writing in the epilogue an indicator of?
(a) That Sheila will be okay.
(b) That Sheila and Torey remain friends.
(c) That Sheila is making good progress.
(d) That Sheila and Torey keep in touch.
10. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Scolds her.
(c) Holds her.
(d) Yells at her.
11. What does Sheila keep near her at all times?
(c) The Little Prince.
(d) Her special things.
12. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
(a) Give the family money for food and clothes.
(b) Go for ice cream.
(c) Buy Sheila a dress.
(d) Go out for pizza.
13. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
(a) Touch Sheila.
(b) Smile at Sheila.
(c) Thank Torey for her help with Sheila.
(d) Say he is proud of Sheila.
14. Why does Ed have reservations about Torey's plan for Sheila?
(a) He doesn't want her in the migrant school.
(b) He wants her removed from the school.
(c) He is not in favor of grade skipping.
(d) He thinks without Torey she will be hopeless.
15. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
(a) They will not allow her to have any visitors.
(b) The doctor's were unable to help her.
(c) They left her alone and unsupervised.
(d) They put her in a crib.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
2. What do the other students tell Torey about when she comes in?
3. What subject does Torey put a particular emphasis on within her classroom that the other children seem to really enjoy?
4. What does Torey tell the children they can do if they can behave?
5. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)