|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
(a) Her uncle living with them.
(b) Torey and Chad becoming her parents.
(c) Her trial day and eating dinner out.
(d) Torey's absence from school.
2. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
(a) Say he is proud of Sheila.
(b) Smile at Sheila.
(c) Touch Sheila.
(d) Thank Torey for her help with Sheila.
3. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
(a) Author summary and biography.
(b) A log of the events that happened in the story.
(c) Short part at the end of the book detailing the fate of the characters.
(d) Short part at the beginning of the book detailing the characters.
4. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
5. What does Torey decide to do for her final big project for the school year?
(a) Mother's Day program.
(b) Father's day program.
(c) Proposal in sign language.
(d) Special end of the year celebration.
6. What do the other students tell Torey about when she comes in?
(a) How Mr. Collins was very upset with Torey.
(b) How Sheila was absent too.
(c) Sheila's poor behavior.
(d) How Anton had quit togo back to school.
7. In what month does Ed reveal that there is room in the state hospital for Sheila?
8. What news does Sheila share with the class after they return to school after the April snowstorm?
(a) Her uncle is out of jail and staying with them.
(b) Her father got a new job.
(c) Her roof collapsed from the weight of the snow.
(d) She made a new friend during the snowstorm.
9. How does Chad react to the news about Sheila's abuse?
(a) He cries uncontrollably.
(b) He pulls strings to have her uncle arrested.
(c) He wants to punch her father for allowing it to happen.
(d) He becomes enraged.
10. What does Torey notice when Sheila's father arrives at the hospital?
(a) He no longer wants Sheila.
(b) He brings the uncle with him.
(c) He is not a legal guardian.
(d) He is drunk.
11. Why does Torey wish she had a teacher's desk in her room after talking to Ed?
(a) So the room would seem like other classrooms.
(b) So that she could have a place to put her head down.
(c) So she could hide behind it.
(d) So she could lose herself in her work and forget her troubles.
12. What genre of writing is found in the epilogue?
13. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Scolds her.
(d) Holds her.
14. What happened to the ice cream that Torey brought for the class?
(a) The children destroy it during playtime.
(b) Whitney drops it and it is ruined.
(c) It was taken by the fifth grade class by mistake.
(d) It melts because the freezer broke.
15. What surprises Torey about Whitney?
(a) She likes to play practical jokes.
(b) She is afraid of Anton.
(c) She enjoys taking the kids on field trips.
(d) She does not like to help with cooking class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
2. Why does Torey put off telling Sheila what will happen next year?
3. What happens to Sheila when Chad presents her with the new dress?
4. Why does Freddie's mother come to visit Torey?
5. What does Sheila say when she got all of the answers wrong?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)