|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Torey put a particular emphasis on within her classroom that the other children seem to really enjoy?
(a) Creative writing.
2. What is the purpose of the writing in the epilogue?
(a) To say thank you to Torey.
(b) To show the reader the progress Sheila made.
(c) To end the book on a positive and upbeat note.
(d) To provide the reader more insight into Sheila.
3. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
(a) She goes after the other kids trying to hurt them.
(b) She dumps Torey's desk and smashes items into the floor.
(c) She destroys all of the papers in the room.
(d) She becomes enraged and bangs her head on the floor.
4. What does Sheila's father acknowledge?
(a) He has a drinking problem.
(b) That Torey is the best thing that ever happened to Sheila.
(c) He needs help caring for Sheila.
(d) He is sorry about what happened to Sheila.
5. Why is Torey almost glad for Sheila's hospitalization?
(a) Others are now more involved in her case.
(b) She is learning to improve socially.
(c) She is making academic progress.
(d) She is getting attention and three meals a day.
6. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
(a) Scolds her.
(b) Holds her.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Yells at her.
7. What does Sheila's father buy her for the first time?
(a) Sun suit.
8. How does Whitney's mother react to the situation about the rabbit waste?
(a) She tells Whitney she can no longer come back to the room.
(b) She is mortified and embarrassed.
(c) She becomes upset and berates Whitney.
(d) She blames Torey for exposing her daughter to such children.
9. Why doesn't Sheila get to participate in this subject?
(a) Because Sheila cannot be trusted in this subject.
(b) Because it gives Torey a chance to work with the other kids.
(c) Because she refuses to do any paperwork.
(d) Because she cannot use a pencil correctly.
10. What do Chad and Sheila do together?
(a) Play checkers.
(c) Write a story about Sheila.
11. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
(a) Torey's absence from school.
(b) Her trial day and eating dinner out.
(c) Her uncle living with them.
(d) Torey and Chad becoming her parents.
12. Why does Peter need to go to a special classroom instead of a regular room?
(a) Violent tendencies.
(b) Low academic skills.
(c) Lack of appropriate social skills.
13. What does Sheila ask Torey before she leaves her in the nurses office?
(a) If Chad will come to visit her.
(b) If she promises not to tell anyone she cried.
(c) If she can take a nap.
(d) If she can still keep the dress.
14. What did Sheila do to the rabbit waste?
(a) Painted it.
(b) Stored it in her desk.
(c) Fed it to Freddie.
(d) Threw it out.
15. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
(a) Give the family money for food and clothes.
(b) Buy Sheila a dress.
(c) Go for ice cream.
(d) Go out for pizza.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anton calm down Whitney's mother?
2. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
3. What does Sheila want to discuss over and over?
4. What makes Sheila change her mind about going to the new school?
5. What does Sheila's father ask Torey to do?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)