|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the writing in the epilogue?
(a) To say thank you to Torey.
(b) To end the book on a positive and upbeat note.
(c) To provide the reader more insight into Sheila.
(d) To show the reader the progress Sheila made.
2. What has Torey given up in regards to Sheila?
(a) Getting her to do paperwork.
(b) Having her understand about moving to a new class.
(c) Having her leave the class unsupervised.
(d) Understanding her life style.
3. How does Whitney's mother react to the situation about the rabbit waste?
(a) She tells Whitney she can no longer come back to the room.
(b) She blames Torey for exposing her daughter to such children.
(c) She is mortified and embarrassed.
(d) She becomes upset and berates Whitney.
4. Why does Ed have reservations about Torey's plan for Sheila?
(a) He doesn't want her in the migrant school.
(b) He wants her removed from the school.
(c) He is not in favor of grade skipping.
(d) He thinks without Torey she will be hopeless.
5. How does Anton calm down Whitney's mother?
(a) He yells back at her for treating Whitney so harshly.
(b) He takes her for a long walk.
(c) He takes her to the lounge for coffee.
(d) He shows her the humor in the situation.
6. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
(a) Torey's absence from school.
(b) Her trial day and eating dinner out.
(c) Torey and Chad becoming her parents.
(d) Her uncle living with them.
7. What does Sheila's father buy her for the first time?
(b) Sun suit.
8. What news does Torey learn about her class?
(a) She learns that it will be disbanded at the end of the year.
(b) She learns that she will have to keep it with no aides.
(c) She learns that it will be moved.
(d) She learns that she will not be able to teach it any longer.
9. What two things does Torey suspect are linked for Sheila?
(a) She thinks Sheila's fear of failure and abandonment are linked.
(b) She thinks Sheila's desire for revenge and refusal are linked.
(c) She thinks Sheila's need for love and abandonment fear are linked.
(d) She thinks Sheila's speech and fear of failure are linked.
10. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
(a) She becomes enraged and bangs her head on the floor.
(b) She goes after the other kids trying to hurt them.
(c) She dumps Torey's desk and smashes items into the floor.
(d) She destroys all of the papers in the room.
11. What do the other students tell Torey about when she comes in?
(a) How Anton had quit togo back to school.
(b) Sheila's poor behavior.
(c) How Sheila was absent too.
(d) How Mr. Collins was very upset with Torey.
12. What does Sheila's father acknowledge?
(a) He is sorry about what happened to Sheila.
(b) That Torey is the best thing that ever happened to Sheila.
(c) He needs help caring for Sheila.
(d) He has a drinking problem.
13. What happened to the ice cream that Torey brought for the class?
(a) Whitney drops it and it is ruined.
(b) It melts because the freezer broke.
(c) It was taken by the fifth grade class by mistake.
(d) The children destroy it during playtime.
14. What surprises Torey about Whitney?
(a) She likes to play practical jokes.
(b) She enjoys taking the kids on field trips.
(c) She is afraid of Anton.
(d) She does not like to help with cooking class.
15. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
(a) Buy Sheila a dress.
(b) Give the family money for food and clothes.
(c) Go out for pizza.
(d) Go for ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila reveal in her writing?
2. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
3. What does Sheila want to discuss over and over?
4. What is the writing in the epilogue an indicator of?
5. Why does Peter need to go to a special classroom instead of a regular room?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)