|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila want to discuss over and over?
(a) She wants to talk about how her mother abandoned her.
(b) She wants to talk about how Torey visited her house.
(c) She wants to discuss Torey's absence over and over.
(d) She wants to talk about why she couldn't go on the field trip.
2. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
(a) Hold her.
(b) Let her come back to school.
(c) Tell her a story.
(d) Take her home.
3. What is happening to Torey that has her concerned about Sheila and the class?
(a) She has to switch her classroom to another building.
(b) She is concerned that she will be gone for two days to a conference.
(c) She has gotten the news that Sheila will move on to another class.
(d) She is injured and will be missing a lot of work.
4. What news does Sheila share with the class after they return to school after the April snowstorm?
(a) Her roof collapsed from the weight of the snow.
(b) Her uncle is out of jail and staying with them.
(c) Her father got a new job.
(d) She made a new friend during the snowstorm.
5. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
6. Which of the following characters is often a source of laughter within Torey's classroom?
(a) Mr. Collins.
7. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
(a) That it be put on display.
(b) That Torey not read it until later.
(c) That it be destroyed right after it is finished.
(d) That no one but Torey look at the writing.
8. What makes Sheila change her mind about going to the new school?
(a) Meeting the new teacher.
(b) The excitement of the other students.
(c) Talking with Anton and Torey.
(d) Rereading The Little Prince.
9. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
(a) Author summary and biography.
(b) Short part at the end of the book detailing the fate of the characters.
(c) Short part at the beginning of the book detailing the characters.
(d) A log of the events that happened in the story.
10. What genre of writing is found in the epilogue?
11. What do Chad and Sheila do together?
(a) Play checkers.
(c) Write a story about Sheila.
12. Why doesn't Sheila's father visit her in the hospital?
(a) He is not allowed to visit her.
(b) He has a phobia of hospitals.
(c) He was arrested for neglect.
(d) He is always drunk.
13. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Scolds her.
(d) Holds her.
14. Why does Sheila hang back when the other students head out for recess?
(a) She wants to know why Torey didn't tell her privately.
(b) She wants to go with Torey.
(c) She wants to know when Torey will be back.
(d) She wants to stay home during the time that Torey is going to be gone.
15. What news does Torey learn about her class?
(a) She learns that she will not be able to teach it any longer.
(b) She learns that she will have to keep it with no aides.
(c) She learns that it will be moved.
(d) She learns that it will be disbanded at the end of the year.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Sheila return to school?
2. What does Sheila's father acknowledge?
3. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
4. Why doesn't Sheila get to participate in this subject?
5. What is Torey worrying about with only three weeks of school left?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)