|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
(a) Short part at the end of the book detailing the fate of the characters.
(b) Short part at the beginning of the book detailing the characters.
(c) Author summary and biography.
(d) A log of the events that happened in the story.
2. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
(a) That it be destroyed right after it is finished.
(b) That it be put on display.
(c) That no one but Torey look at the writing.
(d) That Torey not read it until later.
3. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
(a) She doesn't use any pronouns.
(b) She doesn't use any articles.
(c) She refuses to use linking verbs.
(d) She speaks only in the present tense.
4. Why does Torey put off telling Sheila what will happen next year?
(a) She doesn't know how to tell her.
(b) She doesn't want to say goodbye.
(c) She is afraid of how Sheila will react.
(d) She isn't allowed to tell Sheila.
5. What has Torey given up in regards to Sheila?
(a) Having her understand about moving to a new class.
(b) Understanding her life style.
(c) Getting her to do paperwork.
(d) Having her leave the class unsupervised.
6. What does Sheila want to discuss over and over?
(a) She wants to talk about how her mother abandoned her.
(b) She wants to talk about why she couldn't go on the field trip.
(c) She wants to talk about how Torey visited her house.
(d) She wants to discuss Torey's absence over and over.
7. Why is Torey almost glad for Sheila's hospitalization?
(a) Others are now more involved in her case.
(b) She is learning to improve socially.
(c) She is making academic progress.
(d) She is getting attention and three meals a day.
8. What is the title of the writing in the epilogue?
(a) Taming of Sheila.
9. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
(a) Scolds her.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Holds her.
(d) Ignores her.
10. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
(a) Buy Sheila a dress.
(b) Go out for pizza.
(c) Go for ice cream.
(d) Give the family money for food and clothes.
11. What does Sheila say to Torey that she wishes?
(a) That her father had come with her.
(b) That she could have a dress.
(c) That Torey and Chad were her parents.
(d) That she had never burned the boy.
12. What does Sheila find in the trash and complete as a surprise for Torey?
(a) A fifth grade math test.
(b) A fourth grade math test.
(c) A fifth grade reading assignment.
(d) A fourth grade reading assignment.
13. When does Sheila return to school?
(a) She does not return for that school year.
(c) End of April.
(d) Beginning of June.
14. What does Sheila keep near her at all times?
(a) Her special things.
(c) The Little Prince.
15. Why does Freddie's mother come to visit Torey?
(a) Because Freddie is not making appropriate progress.
(b) Because Freddie has been coming home vomiting.
(c) Because Freddie is afraid of Sheila.
(d) Because Sheila has been hurting Freddie.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
2. Why does Sheila hang back when the other students head out for recess?
3. What two things does Torey suspect are linked for Sheila?
4. Why doesn't Sheila get to participate in this subject?
5. What happened to the ice cream that Torey brought for the class?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)