|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Torey given up in regards to Sheila?
(a) Having her leave the class unsupervised.
(b) Having her understand about moving to a new class.
(c) Getting her to do paperwork.
(d) Understanding her life style.
2. What does Torey tell the children they can do if they can behave?
(a) Have a dish of ice cream.
(b) Help pick up the cake.
(c) Come and sing to her.
(d) Have free time.
3. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
(a) Her uncle living with them.
(b) Her trial day and eating dinner out.
(c) Torey's absence from school.
(d) Torey and Chad becoming her parents.
4. How does Whitney's mother react to the situation about the rabbit waste?
(a) She tells Whitney she can no longer come back to the room.
(b) She is mortified and embarrassed.
(c) She blames Torey for exposing her daughter to such children.
(d) She becomes upset and berates Whitney.
5. What does Sheila's father buy her for the first time?
(c) Sun suit.
6. What does Sheila want to discuss over and over?
(a) She wants to discuss Torey's absence over and over.
(b) She wants to talk about how her mother abandoned her.
(c) She wants to talk about why she couldn't go on the field trip.
(d) She wants to talk about how Torey visited her house.
7. Why is Torey almost glad for Sheila's hospitalization?
(a) Others are now more involved in her case.
(b) She is learning to improve socially.
(c) She is making academic progress.
(d) She is getting attention and three meals a day.
8. How does Anton calm down Whitney's mother?
(a) He shows her the humor in the situation.
(b) He takes her to the lounge for coffee.
(c) He takes her for a long walk.
(d) He yells back at her for treating Whitney so harshly.
9. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
(a) Author summary and biography.
(b) Short part at the end of the book detailing the fate of the characters.
(c) Short part at the beginning of the book detailing the characters.
(d) A log of the events that happened in the story.
10. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
(a) Smile at Sheila.
(b) Say he is proud of Sheila.
(c) Touch Sheila.
(d) Thank Torey for her help with Sheila.
11. What is the title of the writing in the epilogue?
(a) Taming of Sheila.
12. What does Torey notice when Sheila's father arrives at the hospital?
(a) He brings the uncle with him.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is not a legal guardian.
(d) He no longer wants Sheila.
13. Why does Torey wish she had a teacher's desk in her room after talking to Ed?
(a) So she could hide behind it.
(b) So the room would seem like other classrooms.
(c) So that she could have a place to put her head down.
(d) So she could lose herself in her work and forget her troubles.
14. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
15. What two things does Torey suspect are linked for Sheila?
(a) She thinks Sheila's fear of failure and abandonment are linked.
(b) She thinks Sheila's speech and fear of failure are linked.
(c) She thinks Sheila's desire for revenge and refusal are linked.
(d) She thinks Sheila's need for love and abandonment fear are linked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Sheila change her mind about going to the new school?
2. What does Torey ask Chad to do in regards to Sheila?
3. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
4. What do the other students tell Torey about when she comes in?
5. What is the writing in the epilogue an indicator of?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)