|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila say she will write if she is given a piece of paper?
(a) A long story about her teacher.
(b) Anything Torey wants.
(c) What happened in her past.
(d) Something secret about herself.
2. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
(a) The doctor's were unable to help her.
(b) They will not allow her to have any visitors.
(c) They put her in a crib.
(d) They left her alone and unsupervised.
3. In what month does Ed reveal that there is room in the state hospital for Sheila?
4. What does Sheila's father ask Torey to do?
(a) Help him learn to help Sheila.
(b) To accept money for the dress.
(c) Talk to Sheila about girl things.
(d) Take Sheila shopping for everyday clothes.
5. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
(a) Her uncle living with them.
(b) Torey's absence from school.
(c) Her trial day and eating dinner out.
(d) Torey and Chad becoming her parents.
6. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
(a) Author summary and biography.
(b) Short part at the end of the book detailing the fate of the characters.
(c) A log of the events that happened in the story.
(d) Short part at the beginning of the book detailing the characters.
7. What makes Sheila change her mind about going to the new school?
(a) Talking with Anton and Torey.
(b) The excitement of the other students.
(c) Meeting the new teacher.
(d) Rereading The Little Prince.
8. What does Sheila's father acknowledge?
(a) He has a drinking problem.
(b) He needs help caring for Sheila.
(c) He is sorry about what happened to Sheila.
(d) That Torey is the best thing that ever happened to Sheila.
9. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
(a) That no one but Torey look at the writing.
(b) That it be destroyed right after it is finished.
(c) That it be put on display.
(d) That Torey not read it until later.
10. How does Anton calm down Whitney's mother?
(a) He takes her for a long walk.
(b) He yells back at her for treating Whitney so harshly.
(c) He shows her the humor in the situation.
(d) He takes her to the lounge for coffee.
11. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
(a) She says that Torey lied to her.
(b) She says that she does not want to be in that dumb class.
(c) She tells her that she hates her.
(d) She tells her that she never said she could trust her.
12. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
(a) Take her home.
(b) Let her come back to school.
(c) Hold her.
(d) Tell her a story.
13. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
(a) She destroys all of the papers in the room.
(b) She goes after the other kids trying to hurt them.
(c) She dumps Torey's desk and smashes items into the floor.
(d) She becomes enraged and bangs her head on the floor.
14. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
15. What is the writing in the epilogue an indicator of?
(a) That Sheila and Torey keep in touch.
(b) That Sheila will be okay.
(c) That Sheila and Torey remain friends.
(d) That Sheila is making good progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Freddie's mother come to visit Torey?
2. What does Sheila ask Torey before she leaves her in the nurses office?
3. What subject does Torey put a particular emphasis on within her classroom that the other children seem to really enjoy?
4. When does Sheila return to school?
5. Why does Sheila hang back when the other students head out for recess?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)