|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Torey put a particular emphasis on within her classroom that the other children seem to really enjoy?
(b) Creative writing.
2. What does Torey reassure the class of during discussion time?
(a) That Anton and Whitney will be there and class will go on the same.
(b) That she loves them all.
(c) That they must be better behaved than they are for her.
(d) That she will return from her conference.
3. What two things does Torey suspect are linked for Sheila?
(a) She thinks Sheila's speech and fear of failure are linked.
(b) She thinks Sheila's desire for revenge and refusal are linked.
(c) She thinks Sheila's need for love and abandonment fear are linked.
(d) She thinks Sheila's fear of failure and abandonment are linked.
4. What news does Sheila share with the class after they return to school after the April snowstorm?
(a) She made a new friend during the snowstorm.
(b) Her uncle is out of jail and staying with them.
(c) Her roof collapsed from the weight of the snow.
(d) Her father got a new job.
5. What does Sheila's father acknowledge?
(a) That Torey is the best thing that ever happened to Sheila.
(b) He has a drinking problem.
(c) He needs help caring for Sheila.
(d) He is sorry about what happened to Sheila.
6. What news does Torey learn about her class?
(a) She learns that it will be moved.
(b) She learns that she will have to keep it with no aides.
(c) She learns that she will not be able to teach it any longer.
(d) She learns that it will be disbanded at the end of the year.
7. Why does Peter need to go to a special classroom instead of a regular room?
(a) Low academic skills.
(c) Lack of appropriate social skills.
(d) Violent tendencies.
8. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
(a) He is sober and wears an ill-fitting suit.
(b) He pleads with the judge on his behalf.
(c) He asks the boy's parents to forgive his child.
(d) He takes many steps to help Sheila.
9. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
10. What did Sheila do to the rabbit waste?
(a) Stored it in her desk.
(b) Painted it.
(c) Fed it to Freddie.
(d) Threw it out.
11. Why is Torey almost glad for Sheila's hospitalization?
(a) She is learning to improve socially.
(b) Others are now more involved in her case.
(c) She is getting attention and three meals a day.
(d) She is making academic progress.
12. What does Sheila say when she got all of the answers wrong?
(a) She says that if she gets them wrong she'll have to go to another class.
(b) She says that if she could learn how to do it her mother would come back.
(c) She says that if she could learn how to do it, her father would love her.
(d) She says that if she had gotten them right her mother wouldn't have left her.
13. What does Torey tell the children they can do if they can behave?
(a) Have a dish of ice cream.
(b) Have free time.
(c) Help pick up the cake.
(d) Come and sing to her.
14. Why does Sheila hang back when the other students head out for recess?
(a) She wants to stay home during the time that Torey is going to be gone.
(b) She wants to go with Torey.
(c) She wants to know why Torey didn't tell her privately.
(d) She wants to know when Torey will be back.
15. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
(a) The doctor's were unable to help her.
(b) They left her alone and unsupervised.
(c) They put her in a crib.
(d) They will not allow her to have any visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Sheila's father visit her in the hospital?
2. What does Torey ask Chad to do in regards to Sheila?
3. What does the epilogue consist of?
4. What is happening to Torey that has her concerned about Sheila and the class?
5. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)