|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey reassure the class of during discussion time?
(a) That they must be better behaved than they are for her.
(b) That Anton and Whitney will be there and class will go on the same.
(c) That she will return from her conference.
(d) That she loves them all.
2. What does Torey decide to do for her final big project for the school year?
(a) Proposal in sign language.
(b) Mother's Day program.
(c) Special end of the year celebration.
(d) Father's day program.
3. Why does Sheila hang back when the other students head out for recess?
(a) She wants to know why Torey didn't tell her privately.
(b) She wants to stay home during the time that Torey is going to be gone.
(c) She wants to go with Torey.
(d) She wants to know when Torey will be back.
4. What does Sheila keep near her at all times?
(a) The Little Prince.
(d) Her special things.
5. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
(a) That it be destroyed right after it is finished.
(b) That it be put on display.
(c) That no one but Torey look at the writing.
(d) That Torey not read it until later.
6. What makes Sheila change her mind about going to the new school?
(a) Meeting the new teacher.
(b) Talking with Anton and Torey.
(c) Rereading The Little Prince.
(d) The excitement of the other students.
7. What happens to Sheila when Chad presents her with the new dress?
(a) She asks him to be her father.
(b) She breaks down and cries.
(c) She runs to put it on.
(d) She tears it into shreads.
8. What does the epilogue consist of?
9. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
(a) They left her alone and unsupervised.
(b) The doctor's were unable to help her.
(c) They put her in a crib.
(d) They will not allow her to have any visitors.
10. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
(a) Take her home.
(b) Tell her a story.
(c) Hold her.
(d) Let her come back to school.
11. What do Chad and Sheila do together?
(a) Write a story about Sheila.
(b) Play checkers.
12. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
(a) She becomes enraged and bangs her head on the floor.
(b) She destroys all of the papers in the room.
(c) She dumps Torey's desk and smashes items into the floor.
(d) She goes after the other kids trying to hurt them.
13. Why doesn't Sheila get to participate in this subject?
(a) Because she refuses to do any paperwork.
(b) Because it gives Torey a chance to work with the other kids.
(c) Because she cannot use a pencil correctly.
(d) Because Sheila cannot be trusted in this subject.
14. How does Chad react to the news about Sheila's abuse?
(a) He cries uncontrollably.
(b) He wants to punch her father for allowing it to happen.
(c) He pulls strings to have her uncle arrested.
(d) He becomes enraged.
15. When does Sheila return to school?
(b) She does not return for that school year.
(c) End of April.
(d) Beginning of June.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the writing in the epilogue?
2. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
3. How does Anton calm down Whitney's mother?
4. What does Sheila reveal in her writing?
5. What does Sheila say to Torey that she wishes?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)