Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila say she will write if she is given a piece of paper?
(a) Something secret about herself.
(b) Anything Torey wants.
(c) A long story about her teacher.
(d) What happened in her past.
2. What does Sheila ask Torey before she leaves her in the nurses office?
(a) If she can still keep the dress.
(b) If she promises not to tell anyone she cried.
(c) If Chad will come to visit her.
(d) If she can take a nap.
3. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
(a) She speaks only in the present tense.
(b) She doesn't use any articles.
(c) She refuses to use linking verbs.
(d) She doesn't use any pronouns.
4. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
(a) That it be destroyed right after it is finished.
(b) That Torey not read it until later.
(c) That no one but Torey look at the writing.
(d) That it be put on display.
5. What does Sheila's father buy her for the first time?
(c) Sun suit.
6. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Scolds her.
(c) Holds her.
(d) Yells at her.
7. What makes Sheila change her mind about going to the new school?
(a) Meeting the new teacher.
(b) Rereading The Little Prince.
(c) Talking with Anton and Torey.
(d) The excitement of the other students.
8. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
9. What does Torey ask Chad to do in regards to Sheila?
(a) To come into the classroom and meet Sheila.
(b) To talk to her father about the constant beatings.
(c) To take on her case to keep her out of the state hospital.
(d) To talk to Ed on Sheila's behalf.
10. What has Torey given up in regards to Sheila?
(a) Getting her to do paperwork.
(b) Having her leave the class unsupervised.
(c) Having her understand about moving to a new class.
(d) Understanding her life style.
11. What does Sheila reveal in her writing?
(a) She wets the bed and is often beaten by her father for it.
(b) She misses her little brother Jimmie.
(c) She did not mean to hurt the little boy.
(d) She wants to run away and find her mother.
12. Why does Freddie's mother come to visit Torey?
(a) Because Freddie has been coming home vomiting.
(b) Because Sheila has been hurting Freddie.
(c) Because Freddie is not making appropriate progress.
(d) Because Freddie is afraid of Sheila.
13. What does Torey reassure the class of during discussion time?
(a) That Anton and Whitney will be there and class will go on the same.
(b) That she loves them all.
(c) That they must be better behaved than they are for her.
(d) That she will return from her conference.
14. What does Sheila say to Torey that she wishes?
(a) That she had never burned the boy.
(b) That her father had come with her.
(c) That Torey and Chad were her parents.
(d) That she could have a dress.
15. What does Sheila say when she got all of the answers wrong?
(a) She says that if she could learn how to do it, her father would love her.
(b) She says that if she gets them wrong she'll have to go to another class.
(c) She says that if she had gotten them right her mother wouldn't have left her.
(d) She says that if she could learn how to do it her mother would come back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other students tell Torey about when she comes in?
2. Why doesn't Sheila get to participate in this subject?
3. What does Torey notice when Sheila's father arrives at the hospital?
4. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
5. What does Sheila keep near her at all times?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)