|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Scolds her.
(d) Holds her.
2. What does Sheila reveal in her writing?
(a) She did not mean to hurt the little boy.
(b) She wants to run away and find her mother.
(c) She misses her little brother Jimmie.
(d) She wets the bed and is often beaten by her father for it.
3. What happens to Sheila when Chad presents her with the new dress?
(a) She tears it into shreads.
(b) She breaks down and cries.
(c) She asks him to be her father.
(d) She runs to put it on.
4. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
5. Why does Peter need to go to a special classroom instead of a regular room?
(a) Low academic skills.
(b) Lack of appropriate social skills.
(d) Violent tendencies.
6. How does Anton calm down Whitney's mother?
(a) He takes her for a long walk.
(b) He shows her the humor in the situation.
(c) He yells back at her for treating Whitney so harshly.
(d) He takes her to the lounge for coffee.
7. What does Sheila keep near her at all times?
(a) Her special things.
(b) The Little Prince.
8. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
(a) He asks the boy's parents to forgive his child.
(b) He takes many steps to help Sheila.
(c) He pleads with the judge on his behalf.
(d) He is sober and wears an ill-fitting suit.
9. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
(a) She refuses to use linking verbs.
(b) She doesn't use any pronouns.
(c) She speaks only in the present tense.
(d) She doesn't use any articles.
10. Why does Torey put off telling Sheila what will happen next year?
(a) She isn't allowed to tell Sheila.
(b) She doesn't want to say goodbye.
(c) She doesn't know how to tell her.
(d) She is afraid of how Sheila will react.
11. In what month does Ed reveal that there is room in the state hospital for Sheila?
12. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
(a) Tell her a story.
(b) Take her home.
(c) Let her come back to school.
(d) Hold her.
13. What genre of writing is found in the epilogue?
14. What does Sheila find in the trash and complete as a surprise for Torey?
(a) A fifth grade math test.
(b) A fourth grade reading assignment.
(c) A fifth grade reading assignment.
(d) A fourth grade math test.
15. What does Sheila say when she got all of the answers wrong?
(a) She says that if she had gotten them right her mother wouldn't have left her.
(b) She says that if she could learn how to do it her mother would come back.
(c) She says that if she gets them wrong she'll have to go to another class.
(d) She says that if she could learn how to do it, her father would love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey decide to do for her final big project for the school year?
2. What subject does Torey put a particular emphasis on within her classroom that the other children seem to really enjoy?
3. When does Sheila return to school?
4. What is the purpose of the writing in the epilogue?
5. What makes Sheila change her mind about going to the new school?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)