|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
(a) Hold her.
(b) Tell her a story.
(c) Let her come back to school.
(d) Take her home.
2. What does Sheila keep near her at all times?
(b) Her special things.
(d) The Little Prince.
3. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
(a) Her uncle living with them.
(b) Her trial day and eating dinner out.
(c) Torey's absence from school.
(d) Torey and Chad becoming her parents.
4. What does Sheila's father buy her for the first time?
(a) Sun suit.
5. What does Sheila ask Torey before she leaves her in the nurses office?
(a) If she promises not to tell anyone she cried.
(b) If she can still keep the dress.
(c) If she can take a nap.
(d) If Chad will come to visit her.
6. What news does Torey learn about her class?
(a) She learns that she will not be able to teach it any longer.
(b) She learns that it will be disbanded at the end of the year.
(c) She learns that she will have to keep it with no aides.
(d) She learns that it will be moved.
7. What subject does Torey put a particular emphasis on within her classroom that the other children seem to really enjoy?
(a) Creative writing.
8. What two things does Torey suspect are linked for Sheila?
(a) She thinks Sheila's desire for revenge and refusal are linked.
(b) She thinks Sheila's speech and fear of failure are linked.
(c) She thinks Sheila's need for love and abandonment fear are linked.
(d) She thinks Sheila's fear of failure and abandonment are linked.
9. What does Sheila say she will write if she is given a piece of paper?
(a) A long story about her teacher.
(b) Anything Torey wants.
(c) What happened in her past.
(d) Something secret about herself.
10. What is Torey worrying about with only three weeks of school left?
(a) How to say goodbye to her students.
(b) How she will break the news to Chad that she is leaving.
(c) Things that should have been done.
(d) What she will do next year.
11. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
(a) She would have to leave her class and Chad.
(b) She will miss the students.
(c) She thinks it may be too much work for her.
(d) She will be unable to work with kids.
12. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
(a) She says that she does not want to be in that dumb class.
(b) She says that Torey lied to her.
(c) She tells her that she hates her.
(d) She tells her that she never said she could trust her.
13. Why doesn't Sheila's father visit her in the hospital?
(a) He is not allowed to visit her.
(b) He is always drunk.
(c) He was arrested for neglect.
(d) He has a phobia of hospitals.
14. What happened to the ice cream that Torey brought for the class?
(a) It melts because the freezer broke.
(b) The children destroy it during playtime.
(c) Whitney drops it and it is ruined.
(d) It was taken by the fifth grade class by mistake.
15. At what grade levels is Sheila working on academically?
(a) Second grade reading and math.
(b) Second grade math and third grade reading.
(c) Fourth grade reading and third grade math.
(d) Third grade reading and fourth grade math.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
2. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
3. What makes Sheila change her mind about going to the new school?
4. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
5. What does Sheila say to Torey that she wishes?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)