|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
(a) He is sober and wears an ill-fitting suit.
(b) He takes many steps to help Sheila.
(c) He asks the boy's parents to forgive his child.
(d) He pleads with the judge on his behalf.
2. What genre of writing is found in the epilogue?
3. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
(a) Let her come back to school.
(b) Tell her a story.
(c) Take her home.
(d) Hold her.
4. What do Chad and Sheila do together?
(a) Write a story about Sheila.
(d) Play checkers.
5. What does Sheila say she will write if she is given a piece of paper?
(a) What happened in her past.
(b) Something secret about herself.
(c) Anything Torey wants.
(d) A long story about her teacher.
6. Which of the following characters is often a source of laughter within Torey's classroom?
(d) Mr. Collins.
7. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
(a) She dumps Torey's desk and smashes items into the floor.
(b) She goes after the other kids trying to hurt them.
(c) She becomes enraged and bangs her head on the floor.
(d) She destroys all of the papers in the room.
8. Why does Sheila hang back when the other students head out for recess?
(a) She wants to go with Torey.
(b) She wants to know when Torey will be back.
(c) She wants to know why Torey didn't tell her privately.
(d) She wants to stay home during the time that Torey is going to be gone.
9. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
(a) Say he is proud of Sheila.
(b) Thank Torey for her help with Sheila.
(c) Smile at Sheila.
(d) Touch Sheila.
10. In what month does Ed reveal that there is room in the state hospital for Sheila?
11. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
12. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
(a) The doctor's were unable to help her.
(b) They put her in a crib.
(c) They will not allow her to have any visitors.
(d) They left her alone and unsupervised.
13. Why does Torey put off telling Sheila what will happen next year?
(a) She isn't allowed to tell Sheila.
(b) She is afraid of how Sheila will react.
(c) She doesn't know how to tell her.
(d) She doesn't want to say goodbye.
14. What do the other students tell Torey about when she comes in?
(a) How Sheila was absent too.
(b) How Anton had quit togo back to school.
(c) Sheila's poor behavior.
(d) How Mr. Collins was very upset with Torey.
15. What two things does Torey suspect are linked for Sheila?
(a) She thinks Sheila's fear of failure and abandonment are linked.
(b) She thinks Sheila's need for love and abandonment fear are linked.
(c) She thinks Sheila's desire for revenge and refusal are linked.
(d) She thinks Sheila's speech and fear of failure are linked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Sheila's father visit her in the hospital?
2. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
3. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
4. Why doesn't Sheila get to participate in this subject?
5. What news does Sheila share with the class after they return to school after the April snowstorm?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)