|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the ice cream that Torey brought for the class?
(a) Whitney drops it and it is ruined.
(b) The children destroy it during playtime.
(c) It melts because the freezer broke.
(d) It was taken by the fifth grade class by mistake.
2. Why does Peter need to go to a special classroom instead of a regular room?
(a) Low academic skills.
(b) Lack of appropriate social skills.
(c) Violent tendencies.
3. What does Sheila reveal in her writing?
(a) She did not mean to hurt the little boy.
(b) She misses her little brother Jimmie.
(c) She wets the bed and is often beaten by her father for it.
(d) She wants to run away and find her mother.
4. What is happening to Torey that has her concerned about Sheila and the class?
(a) She is injured and will be missing a lot of work.
(b) She has gotten the news that Sheila will move on to another class.
(c) She has to switch her classroom to another building.
(d) She is concerned that she will be gone for two days to a conference.
5. Why does Sheila hang back when the other students head out for recess?
(a) She wants to go with Torey.
(b) She wants to know when Torey will be back.
(c) She wants to know why Torey didn't tell her privately.
(d) She wants to stay home during the time that Torey is going to be gone.
6. What is the title of the writing in the epilogue?
(a) Taming of Sheila.
7. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
(a) He pleads with the judge on his behalf.
(b) He asks the boy's parents to forgive his child.
(c) He is sober and wears an ill-fitting suit.
(d) He takes many steps to help Sheila.
8. What news does Torey learn about her class?
(a) She learns that it will be disbanded at the end of the year.
(b) She learns that she will have to keep it with no aides.
(c) She learns that it will be moved.
(d) She learns that she will not be able to teach it any longer.
9. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
(a) Thank Torey for her help with Sheila.
(b) Smile at Sheila.
(c) Touch Sheila.
(d) Say he is proud of Sheila.
10. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
(a) Scolds her.
(b) Holds her.
(c) Yells at her.
(d) Ignores her.
11. What did Sheila do to the rabbit waste?
(a) Painted it.
(b) Threw it out.
(c) Fed it to Freddie.
(d) Stored it in her desk.
12. At what grade levels is Sheila working on academically?
(a) Second grade math and third grade reading.
(b) Fourth grade reading and third grade math.
(c) Second grade reading and math.
(d) Third grade reading and fourth grade math.
13. Why doesn't Sheila get to participate in this subject?
(a) Because she refuses to do any paperwork.
(b) Because it gives Torey a chance to work with the other kids.
(c) Because she cannot use a pencil correctly.
(d) Because Sheila cannot be trusted in this subject.
14. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
(a) She tells her that she hates her.
(b) She tells her that she never said she could trust her.
(c) She says that Torey lied to her.
(d) She says that she does not want to be in that dumb class.
15. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
(a) Hold her.
(b) Take her home.
(c) Let her come back to school.
(d) Tell her a story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
2. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
3. What does Sheila's father buy her for the first time?
4. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
5. What does Sheila say to Torey that she wishes?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)