|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Torey suspect are linked for Sheila?
(a) She thinks Sheila's need for love and abandonment fear are linked.
(b) She thinks Sheila's fear of failure and abandonment are linked.
(c) She thinks Sheila's speech and fear of failure are linked.
(d) She thinks Sheila's desire for revenge and refusal are linked.
2. When does Sheila return to school?
(b) End of April.
(c) Beginning of June.
(d) She does not return for that school year.
3. What has Torey given up in regards to Sheila?
(a) Having her leave the class unsupervised.
(b) Getting her to do paperwork.
(c) Understanding her life style.
(d) Having her understand about moving to a new class.
4. What news does Torey learn about her class?
(a) She learns that she will not be able to teach it any longer.
(b) She learns that it will be disbanded at the end of the year.
(c) She learns that she will have to keep it with no aides.
(d) She learns that it will be moved.
5. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
(a) Hold her.
(b) Take her home.
(c) Tell her a story.
(d) Let her come back to school.
6. What subject does Torey put a particular emphasis on within her classroom that the other children seem to really enjoy?
(a) Creative writing.
7. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
(a) He pleads with the judge on his behalf.
(b) He asks the boy's parents to forgive his child.
(c) He takes many steps to help Sheila.
(d) He is sober and wears an ill-fitting suit.
8. What does Sheila ask Torey before she leaves her in the nurses office?
(a) If she can take a nap.
(b) If Chad will come to visit her.
(c) If she promises not to tell anyone she cried.
(d) If she can still keep the dress.
9. What does Sheila want to discuss over and over?
(a) She wants to talk about why she couldn't go on the field trip.
(b) She wants to talk about how her mother abandoned her.
(c) She wants to discuss Torey's absence over and over.
(d) She wants to talk about how Torey visited her house.
10. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
11. What is the title of the writing in the epilogue?
(a) Taming of Sheila.
12. What does the epilogue consist of?
13. What do Chad and Sheila do together?
(a) Write a story about Sheila.
(b) Play checkers.
14. Why does Torey wish she had a teacher's desk in her room after talking to Ed?
(a) So she could lose herself in her work and forget her troubles.
(b) So the room would seem like other classrooms.
(c) So that she could have a place to put her head down.
(d) So she could hide behind it.
15. What does Sheila reveal in her writing?
(a) She wets the bed and is often beaten by her father for it.
(b) She misses her little brother Jimmie.
(c) She wants to run away and find her mother.
(d) She did not mean to hurt the little boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Freddie's mother come to visit Torey?
2. What does Sheila's father ask Torey to do?
3. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
4. What is happening to Torey that has her concerned about Sheila and the class?
5. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)