|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
(a) Thank Torey for her help with Sheila.
(b) Say he is proud of Sheila.
(c) Smile at Sheila.
(d) Touch Sheila.
2. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
(a) She will miss the students.
(b) She will be unable to work with kids.
(c) She would have to leave her class and Chad.
(d) She thinks it may be too much work for her.
3. What does Sheila ask Torey before she leaves her in the nurses office?
(a) If she can still keep the dress.
(b) If Chad will come to visit her.
(c) If she promises not to tell anyone she cried.
(d) If she can take a nap.
4. What is happening to Torey that has her concerned about Sheila and the class?
(a) She has to switch her classroom to another building.
(b) She is injured and will be missing a lot of work.
(c) She is concerned that she will be gone for two days to a conference.
(d) She has gotten the news that Sheila will move on to another class.
5. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
(a) She goes after the other kids trying to hurt them.
(b) She destroys all of the papers in the room.
(c) She dumps Torey's desk and smashes items into the floor.
(d) She becomes enraged and bangs her head on the floor.
6. What surprises Torey about Whitney?
(a) She does not like to help with cooking class.
(b) She is afraid of Anton.
(c) She likes to play practical jokes.
(d) She enjoys taking the kids on field trips.
7. How does Anton calm down Whitney's mother?
(a) He shows her the humor in the situation.
(b) He takes her to the lounge for coffee.
(c) He yells back at her for treating Whitney so harshly.
(d) He takes her for a long walk.
8. What does Sheila keep near her at all times?
(a) Her special things.
(b) The Little Prince.
9. What genre of writing is found in the epilogue?
10. What is Torey worrying about with only three weeks of school left?
(a) How she will break the news to Chad that she is leaving.
(b) What she will do next year.
(c) Things that should have been done.
(d) How to say goodbye to her students.
11. What happened to the ice cream that Torey brought for the class?
(a) It melts because the freezer broke.
(b) It was taken by the fifth grade class by mistake.
(c) The children destroy it during playtime.
(d) Whitney drops it and it is ruined.
12. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
(a) The doctor's were unable to help her.
(b) They left her alone and unsupervised.
(c) They will not allow her to have any visitors.
(d) They put her in a crib.
13. Which of the following characters is often a source of laughter within Torey's classroom?
(a) Mr. Collins.
14. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
(a) Let her come back to school.
(b) Hold her.
(c) Take her home.
(d) Tell her a story.
15. What two things does Torey suspect are linked for Sheila?
(a) She thinks Sheila's need for love and abandonment fear are linked.
(b) She thinks Sheila's speech and fear of failure are linked.
(c) She thinks Sheila's desire for revenge and refusal are linked.
(d) She thinks Sheila's fear of failure and abandonment are linked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
2. What is the title of the writing in the epilogue?
3. What news does Sheila share with the class after they return to school after the April snowstorm?
4. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
5. At what grade levels is Sheila working on academically?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)