|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what grade levels is Sheila working on academically?
(a) Second grade math and third grade reading.
(b) Second grade reading and math.
(c) Fourth grade reading and third grade math.
(d) Third grade reading and fourth grade math.
2. What surprises Torey about Whitney?
(a) She does not like to help with cooking class.
(b) She is afraid of Anton.
(c) She likes to play practical jokes.
(d) She enjoys taking the kids on field trips.
3. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
(a) She says that Torey lied to her.
(b) She says that she does not want to be in that dumb class.
(c) She tells her that she hates her.
(d) She tells her that she never said she could trust her.
4. What does Torey notice when Sheila's father arrives at the hospital?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He brings the uncle with him.
(c) He is not a legal guardian.
(d) He no longer wants Sheila.
5. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
6. What is happening to Torey that has her concerned about Sheila and the class?
(a) She has to switch her classroom to another building.
(b) She has gotten the news that Sheila will move on to another class.
(c) She is concerned that she will be gone for two days to a conference.
(d) She is injured and will be missing a lot of work.
7. What two things does Torey suspect are linked for Sheila?
(a) She thinks Sheila's desire for revenge and refusal are linked.
(b) She thinks Sheila's fear of failure and abandonment are linked.
(c) She thinks Sheila's speech and fear of failure are linked.
(d) She thinks Sheila's need for love and abandonment fear are linked.
8. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
(a) Buy Sheila a dress.
(b) Give the family money for food and clothes.
(c) Go out for pizza.
(d) Go for ice cream.
9. What does Sheila's father ask Torey to do?
(a) Help him learn to help Sheila.
(b) Talk to Sheila about girl things.
(c) Take Sheila shopping for everyday clothes.
(d) To accept money for the dress.
10. What did Sheila do to the rabbit waste?
(a) Painted it.
(b) Threw it out.
(c) Fed it to Freddie.
(d) Stored it in her desk.
11. What happens to Sheila when Chad presents her with the new dress?
(a) She asks him to be her father.
(b) She runs to put it on.
(c) She breaks down and cries.
(d) She tears it into shreads.
12. What does Sheila's father buy her for the first time?
(a) Sun suit.
13. What does Torey tell the children they can do if they can behave?
(a) Come and sing to her.
(b) Help pick up the cake.
(c) Have a dish of ice cream.
(d) Have free time.
14. What news does Sheila share with the class after they return to school after the April snowstorm?
(a) Her roof collapsed from the weight of the snow.
(b) Her father got a new job.
(c) She made a new friend during the snowstorm.
(d) Her uncle is out of jail and staying with them.
15. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
(a) Touch Sheila.
(b) Say he is proud of Sheila.
(c) Smile at Sheila.
(d) Thank Torey for her help with Sheila.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey reassure the class of during discussion time?
2. What is the title of the writing in the epilogue?
3. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
4. What do Chad and Sheila do together?
5. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)