|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
(a) Scolds her.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Holds her.
2. What is Torey worrying about with only three weeks of school left?
(a) How she will break the news to Chad that she is leaving.
(b) How to say goodbye to her students.
(c) Things that should have been done.
(d) What she will do next year.
3. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
(a) That Torey not read it until later.
(b) That it be put on display.
(c) That no one but Torey look at the writing.
(d) That it be destroyed right after it is finished.
4. What news does Sheila share with the class after they return to school after the April snowstorm?
(a) She made a new friend during the snowstorm.
(b) Her father got a new job.
(c) Her uncle is out of jail and staying with them.
(d) Her roof collapsed from the weight of the snow.
5. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
(a) A log of the events that happened in the story.
(b) Short part at the beginning of the book detailing the characters.
(c) Short part at the end of the book detailing the fate of the characters.
(d) Author summary and biography.
6. What does Torey tell the children they can do if they can behave?
(a) Come and sing to her.
(b) Have free time.
(c) Have a dish of ice cream.
(d) Help pick up the cake.
7. What happens to Sheila when Chad presents her with the new dress?
(a) She breaks down and cries.
(b) She tears it into shreads.
(c) She asks him to be her father.
(d) She runs to put it on.
8. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
(a) Tell her a story.
(b) Hold her.
(c) Let her come back to school.
(d) Take her home.
9. Why does Torey put off telling Sheila what will happen next year?
(a) She isn't allowed to tell Sheila.
(b) She doesn't know how to tell her.
(c) She is afraid of how Sheila will react.
(d) She doesn't want to say goodbye.
10. What did Sheila do to the rabbit waste?
(a) Threw it out.
(b) Painted it.
(c) Fed it to Freddie.
(d) Stored it in her desk.
11. What does Sheila say when she got all of the answers wrong?
(a) She says that if she gets them wrong she'll have to go to another class.
(b) She says that if she had gotten them right her mother wouldn't have left her.
(c) She says that if she could learn how to do it, her father would love her.
(d) She says that if she could learn how to do it her mother would come back.
12. What subject does Torey put a particular emphasis on within her classroom that the other children seem to really enjoy?
(c) Creative writing.
13. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
(a) He pleads with the judge on his behalf.
(b) He is sober and wears an ill-fitting suit.
(c) He takes many steps to help Sheila.
(d) He asks the boy's parents to forgive his child.
14. What surprises Torey about Whitney?
(a) She likes to play practical jokes.
(b) She enjoys taking the kids on field trips.
(c) She is afraid of Anton.
(d) She does not like to help with cooking class.
15. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
(a) She dumps Torey's desk and smashes items into the floor.
(b) She goes after the other kids trying to hurt them.
(c) She becomes enraged and bangs her head on the floor.
(d) She destroys all of the papers in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Torey almost glad for Sheila's hospitalization?
2. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
3. What does Sheila say she will write if she is given a piece of paper?
4. How does Chad react to the news about Sheila's abuse?
5. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)