|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
(a) She doesn't use any pronouns.
(b) She speaks only in the present tense.
(c) She doesn't use any articles.
(d) She refuses to use linking verbs.
2. What does Sheila say when she got all of the answers wrong?
(a) She says that if she gets them wrong she'll have to go to another class.
(b) She says that if she could learn how to do it, her father would love her.
(c) She says that if she had gotten them right her mother wouldn't have left her.
(d) She says that if she could learn how to do it her mother would come back.
3. Why doesn't Sheila's father visit her in the hospital?
(a) He has a phobia of hospitals.
(b) He is always drunk.
(c) He was arrested for neglect.
(d) He is not allowed to visit her.
4. What does Sheila ask Torey before she leaves her in the nurses office?
(a) If Chad will come to visit her.
(b) If she promises not to tell anyone she cried.
(c) If she can still keep the dress.
(d) If she can take a nap.
5. In what month does Ed reveal that there is room in the state hospital for Sheila?
6. What do the other students tell Torey about when she comes in?
(a) How Sheila was absent too.
(b) Sheila's poor behavior.
(c) How Mr. Collins was very upset with Torey.
(d) How Anton had quit togo back to school.
7. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
8. What is the purpose of the writing in the epilogue?
(a) To show the reader the progress Sheila made.
(b) To say thank you to Torey.
(c) To provide the reader more insight into Sheila.
(d) To end the book on a positive and upbeat note.
9. What is the writing in the epilogue an indicator of?
(a) That Sheila and Torey remain friends.
(b) That Sheila and Torey keep in touch.
(c) That Sheila will be okay.
(d) That Sheila is making good progress.
10. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
(a) She tells her that she hates her.
(b) She tells her that she never said she could trust her.
(c) She says that she does not want to be in that dumb class.
(d) She says that Torey lied to her.
11. What does the epilogue consist of?
12. What two things does Torey suspect are linked for Sheila?
(a) She thinks Sheila's need for love and abandonment fear are linked.
(b) She thinks Sheila's desire for revenge and refusal are linked.
(c) She thinks Sheila's speech and fear of failure are linked.
(d) She thinks Sheila's fear of failure and abandonment are linked.
13. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
(a) Tell her a story.
(b) Take her home.
(c) Let her come back to school.
(d) Hold her.
14. What happens to Sheila when Chad presents her with the new dress?
(a) She asks him to be her father.
(b) She tears it into shreads.
(c) She runs to put it on.
(d) She breaks down and cries.
15. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
(a) Short part at the beginning of the book detailing the characters.
(b) Short part at the end of the book detailing the fate of the characters.
(c) Author summary and biography.
(d) A log of the events that happened in the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chad react to the news about Sheila's abuse?
2. What does Sheila find in the trash and complete as a surprise for Torey?
3. What does Torey ask Chad to do in regards to Sheila?
4. Why is Torey almost glad for Sheila's hospitalization?
5. What is the title of the writing in the epilogue?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)