|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Sheila's father visit her in the hospital?
(a) He was arrested for neglect.
(b) He has a phobia of hospitals.
(c) He is not allowed to visit her.
(d) He is always drunk.
2. What does Sheila reveal in her writing?
(a) She misses her little brother Jimmie.
(b) She did not mean to hurt the little boy.
(c) She wets the bed and is often beaten by her father for it.
(d) She wants to run away and find her mother.
3. What does Sheila keep near her at all times?
(c) The Little Prince.
(d) Her special things.
4. How does Chad react to the news about Sheila's abuse?
(a) He wants to punch her father for allowing it to happen.
(b) He pulls strings to have her uncle arrested.
(c) He cries uncontrollably.
(d) He becomes enraged.
5. Why does Freddie's mother come to visit Torey?
(a) Because Freddie has been coming home vomiting.
(b) Because Sheila has been hurting Freddie.
(c) Because Freddie is not making appropriate progress.
(d) Because Freddie is afraid of Sheila.
6. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
(a) Go out for pizza.
(b) Buy Sheila a dress.
(c) Give the family money for food and clothes.
(d) Go for ice cream.
7. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
(a) She destroys all of the papers in the room.
(b) She dumps Torey's desk and smashes items into the floor.
(c) She becomes enraged and bangs her head on the floor.
(d) She goes after the other kids trying to hurt them.
8. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
(a) Scolds her.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Holds her.
(d) Ignores her.
9. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
(a) Tell her a story.
(b) Hold her.
(c) Let her come back to school.
(d) Take her home.
10. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
(a) She thinks it may be too much work for her.
(b) She will be unable to work with kids.
(c) She would have to leave her class and Chad.
(d) She will miss the students.
11. When does Sheila return to school?
(b) End of April.
(c) Beginning of June.
(d) She does not return for that school year.
12. What does Torey notice when Sheila's father arrives at the hospital?
(a) He no longer wants Sheila.
(b) He brings the uncle with him.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is not a legal guardian.
13. What does Sheila find in the trash and complete as a surprise for Torey?
(a) A fourth grade math test.
(b) A fifth grade math test.
(c) A fifth grade reading assignment.
(d) A fourth grade reading assignment.
14. What does Sheila ask Torey before she leaves her in the nurses office?
(a) If she promises not to tell anyone she cried.
(b) If Chad will come to visit her.
(c) If she can still keep the dress.
(d) If she can take a nap.
15. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
2. What does the epilogue consist of?
3. In what month does Ed reveal that there is room in the state hospital for Sheila?
4. What does Torey tell the children they can do if they can behave?
5. What makes Sheila change her mind about going to the new school?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)