|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Sheila return to school?
(a) End of April.
(b) She does not return for that school year.
(d) Beginning of June.
2. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
(a) The doctor's were unable to help her.
(b) They will not allow her to have any visitors.
(c) They left her alone and unsupervised.
(d) They put her in a crib.
3. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
(a) Smile at Sheila.
(b) Say he is proud of Sheila.
(c) Thank Torey for her help with Sheila.
(d) Touch Sheila.
4. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
(a) A log of the events that happened in the story.
(b) Short part at the beginning of the book detailing the characters.
(c) Author summary and biography.
(d) Short part at the end of the book detailing the fate of the characters.
5. What does Sheila's father ask Torey to do?
(a) To accept money for the dress.
(b) Talk to Sheila about girl things.
(c) Help him learn to help Sheila.
(d) Take Sheila shopping for everyday clothes.
6. Why does Torey wish she had a teacher's desk in her room after talking to Ed?
(a) So she could hide behind it.
(b) So the room would seem like other classrooms.
(c) So she could lose herself in her work and forget her troubles.
(d) So that she could have a place to put her head down.
7. What happened to the ice cream that Torey brought for the class?
(a) It was taken by the fifth grade class by mistake.
(b) The children destroy it during playtime.
(c) It melts because the freezer broke.
(d) Whitney drops it and it is ruined.
8. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
(a) She says that Torey lied to her.
(b) She tells her that she never said she could trust her.
(c) She says that she does not want to be in that dumb class.
(d) She tells her that she hates her.
9. What does Sheila want to discuss over and over?
(a) She wants to talk about how her mother abandoned her.
(b) She wants to discuss Torey's absence over and over.
(c) She wants to talk about how Torey visited her house.
(d) She wants to talk about why she couldn't go on the field trip.
10. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
(a) Torey's absence from school.
(b) Her uncle living with them.
(c) Her trial day and eating dinner out.
(d) Torey and Chad becoming her parents.
11. What did Sheila do to the rabbit waste?
(a) Stored it in her desk.
(b) Threw it out.
(c) Painted it.
(d) Fed it to Freddie.
12. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
(a) That no one but Torey look at the writing.
(b) That it be put on display.
(c) That Torey not read it until later.
(d) That it be destroyed right after it is finished.
13. What has Torey given up in regards to Sheila?
(a) Having her understand about moving to a new class.
(b) Understanding her life style.
(c) Getting her to do paperwork.
(d) Having her leave the class unsupervised.
14. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
(a) Buy Sheila a dress.
(b) Go for ice cream.
(c) Go out for pizza.
(d) Give the family money for food and clothes.
15. What news does Torey learn about her class?
(a) She learns that it will be disbanded at the end of the year.
(b) She learns that she will not be able to teach it any longer.
(c) She learns that she will have to keep it with no aides.
(d) She learns that it will be moved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the writing in the epilogue?
2. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
3. Why does Torey put off telling Sheila what will happen next year?
4. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
5. What does Torey tell the children they can do if they can behave?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)