|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Torey given up in regards to Sheila?
(a) Having her understand about moving to a new class.
(b) Getting her to do paperwork.
(c) Understanding her life style.
(d) Having her leave the class unsupervised.
2. How does Chad react to the news about Sheila's abuse?
(a) He cries uncontrollably.
(b) He becomes enraged.
(c) He pulls strings to have her uncle arrested.
(d) He wants to punch her father for allowing it to happen.
3. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
(a) She will be unable to work with kids.
(b) She would have to leave her class and Chad.
(c) She thinks it may be too much work for her.
(d) She will miss the students.
4. What does Sheila say to Torey that she wishes?
(a) That she had never burned the boy.
(b) That she could have a dress.
(c) That her father had come with her.
(d) That Torey and Chad were her parents.
5. What makes Sheila change her mind about going to the new school?
(a) Rereading The Little Prince.
(b) Talking with Anton and Torey.
(c) Meeting the new teacher.
(d) The excitement of the other students.
6. What does Sheila keep near her at all times?
(b) The Little Prince.
(c) Her special things.
7. What happens to Sheila when Chad presents her with the new dress?
(a) She breaks down and cries.
(b) She runs to put it on.
(c) She asks him to be her father.
(d) She tears it into shreads.
8. What does Sheila ask Torey before she leaves her in the nurses office?
(a) If she can still keep the dress.
(b) If Chad will come to visit her.
(c) If she promises not to tell anyone she cried.
(d) If she can take a nap.
9. What did Sheila do to the rabbit waste?
(a) Threw it out.
(b) Stored it in her desk.
(c) Fed it to Freddie.
(d) Painted it.
10. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
(a) He pleads with the judge on his behalf.
(b) He asks the boy's parents to forgive his child.
(c) He takes many steps to help Sheila.
(d) He is sober and wears an ill-fitting suit.
11. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
(a) She doesn't use any pronouns.
(b) She doesn't use any articles.
(c) She refuses to use linking verbs.
(d) She speaks only in the present tense.
12. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
(a) She tells her that she hates her.
(b) She says that Torey lied to her.
(c) She says that she does not want to be in that dumb class.
(d) She tells her that she never said she could trust her.
13. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
(a) She destroys all of the papers in the room.
(b) She goes after the other kids trying to hurt them.
(c) She dumps Torey's desk and smashes items into the floor.
(d) She becomes enraged and bangs her head on the floor.
14. What does Sheila find in the trash and complete as a surprise for Torey?
(a) A fifth grade math test.
(b) A fourth grade math test.
(c) A fourth grade reading assignment.
(d) A fifth grade reading assignment.
15. Why does Ed have reservations about Torey's plan for Sheila?
(a) He thinks without Torey she will be hopeless.
(b) He is not in favor of grade skipping.
(c) He wants her removed from the school.
(d) He doesn't want her in the migrant school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anton calm down Whitney's mother?
2. What does Torey ask Chad to do in regards to Sheila?
3. What genre of writing is found in the epilogue?
4. In what month does Ed reveal that there is room in the state hospital for Sheila?
5. When does Sheila return to school?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)