Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Prologue
1. How does Torey view the children with which she works?
2. What does Torey say about her work?
3. What does Torey say makes everything she puts into her work worthwhile?
4. What is the motivation of the creation of this novel for Torey?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
5. What does Torey read in the article from the newspaper and what does this lead her to predict?
6. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
This section contains 1,014 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)