|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the other children in the classroom react to Shelia's abuse of the goldfish?
(a) They run out of the classroom.
(b) They laugh and point at Shelia.
(c) They cower in fear and astonishment.
(d) They cry and run in circles.
2. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
(a) Basic manners.
(b) Basic hygeine.
(c) Appropriate eating skills.
(d) Proper grammar.
3. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
(a) She refuses to use linking verbs.
(b) She speaks only in the present tense.
(c) She doesn't use any pronouns.
(d) She doesn't use any articles.
4. How does Sheila say that she learned such big words for a six year old?
(a) She says she doesn't know how she learned them.
(b) She says that her other teacher let her read magazines.
(c) She says she always knew those words.
(d) She says that her father taught her.
5. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
(a) Goes back to the room to set up for the afternoon.
(b) Goes to read Shelia's file.
(c) Goes to the faculty room to find Ed.
(d) Sits at the back of the cafeteria and watches Shelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What present does Torey give to Sheila?
2. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
3. What does Torey agree to do when Sheila tells her that she cannot accept the gift?
4. Why does Ed have reservations about Torey's plan for Sheila?
5. What happens to Sheila when Chad presents her with the new dress?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)