|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Torey genuinely feels about her students?
(a) She empathizes.
(b) She cares.
(c) She tolerates.
(d) She supports.
2. Why does it seem that Sheila is so worried about getting the wrong answers?
(a) She believes that all of the other students got all of the answers right.
(b) She thinks she will have to leave the classroom if she gets them wrong.
(c) She is afraid of being whipped when she is wrong.
(d) She wants to always please Torey.
3. What does Torey notice when Sheila's father arrives at the hospital?
(a) He brings the uncle with him.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is not a legal guardian.
(d) He no longer wants Sheila.
4. How does Anton calm down Whitney's mother?
(a) He takes her to the lounge for coffee.
(b) He shows her the humor in the situation.
(c) He yells back at her for treating Whitney so harshly.
(d) He takes her for a long walk.
5. Why does Sheila say she doesn't cry?
(a) Because it is a sign of weakness.
(b) Because then people will know she hurts.
(c) Because she is afraid she won't stop.
(d) Because she doesn't know how.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
2. What does Chad bring to Torey after her favorite show ends?
3. On the morning that Shelia arrives what does Torey allow the students to ask questions about during sharing?
4. Why does Peter need to go to a special classroom instead of a regular room?
5. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)