|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the trip to lunch on that first day with Shelia?
(a) Anton goes and brings Shelia back her own lunch.
(b) The class eats within their own classroom.
(c) Shelia refuses to leave the chair or talk to Torey.
(d) She follows Torey out of the room, but will not touch her.
2. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
(a) Mental Health Professional.
(b) Elementary Teacher.
(c) Social Worker.
(d) Special Educator.
3. What does Sheila come to realize about the relationship between Sheila and her father?
(a) That she provides him with an income.
(b) They will never be able to remove Sheila from his care.
(c) That underneath it all he does love her.
(d) That they depend on each other for survival.
4. What does Torey agree to do when Sheila tells her that she cannot accept the gift?
(a) She agrees to find a different present.
(b) She agrees to take them back.
(c) She agrees to keep them at school.
(d) She agrees to talk to her father for her.
5. On the morning that Shelia arrives what does Torey allow the students to ask questions about during sharing?
(a) Setting fires.
(b) Girls versus boys.
(c) Being new.
(d) Classroom rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
2. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
3. How many students is Torey assigned for her new classroom?
4. What change to Torey's daily routine does she make as a result of the goldfish incident?
5. What is unique about Sheila's home situation in regards to water?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)