|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
(b) Parent teacher conferences.
(c) Phone calls.
(d) Home visits.
2. Shelia seems to be realizing that Torey is someone that she can what?
3. On the morning that Shelia arrives what does Torey allow the students to ask questions about during sharing?
(a) Setting fires.
(b) Girls versus boys.
(c) Classroom rules.
(d) Being new.
4. What happens when Torey tries to get Shelia to do the math papers?
(a) She tears up the paper.
(b) She cries.
(c) She does nothing.
(d) She wads up the paper and throws it.
5. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
2. How does Ed get Shelia to the classroom on her first day?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for motivation as it is used in the prologue?
4. What does Sheila do when she is having a bad day?
5. What change to Torey's daily routine does she make as a result of the goldfish incident?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)