|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of Anton's children?
(a) Quiet and sullen.
(b) Bright and thriving.
(c) Verbal and engaging.
(d) Verbal but not well behaved.
2. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
(a) Anton ends up chasing her around the room.
(b) She is sent to the corner.
(c) She runs out of the room to the gym again.
(d) Torey moves the group to where she is sitting.
3. What topic isn't brought up by Sheila, Torey or any of the kids?
(a) The goldfish incident.
(b) The burning incident.
(c) Sheila's missing mother.
(d) The hygiene issue.
4. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
(a) Because they lack empathy skills.
(b) Because they pity her students.
(c) Because they are unaware of this type of student.
(d) Because they do not understand education.
5. Why does Sheila say she doesn't cry?
(a) Because then people will know she hurts.
(b) Because she doesn't know how.
(c) Because it is a sign of weakness.
(d) Because she is afraid she won't stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for motivation as it is used in the prologue?
2. How does Sheila initially react to the present that Torey gave her?
3. What surprises Torey about Shelia's file?
4. How did Torey feel about accepting the position that Ed was offering her?
5. What does Sheila come to realize about the relationship between Sheila and her father?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)