|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila say as she leaves Torey at the end of chapter six?
(a) Bye teacher.
(b) Thanks Torey.
(c) See you tomorrow Teacher.
(d) See ya Torey.
2. How does Sheila say that she learned such big words for a six year old?
(a) She says that her father taught her.
(b) She says she always knew those words.
(c) She says that her other teacher let her read magazines.
(d) She says she doesn't know how she learned them.
3. What does Shelia do that upsets her and makes her worried that Torey will whip her?
(a) Kicks Anton in the shin.
(b) Wets her pants.
(c) Deflates some of the gym balls.
(d) Draws on the gym floor.
4. How many students is Torey assigned for her new classroom?
5. What does Torey try to do once all of the children are gone?
(a) Talk to Sheila.
(b) Call the social worker.
(c) Figure out a plan for Sheila.
(d) Make lesson plans for the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ed get Shelia to the classroom on her first day?
2. What topic isn't brought up by Sheila, Torey or any of the kids?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
4. What activity was the class doing when Sheila first participated with the other students?
5. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)