|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Torey find out that she will have an addition to her classroom?
(a) Just before summer break.
(b) Just after Thanksgiving break.
(c) Just after Christmas vacation.
(d) Just after the year begins.
2. What does Sheila do when Torey finishes the math work with her and tells her to put the blocks away?
(a) She goes to the corner and watches all of the other students.
(b) She works with the blocks on her own.
(c) She puts the blocks away and reads with the other kids.
(d) She walks back to the quiet chair and sits.
3. What change to Torey's daily routine does she make as a result of the goldfish incident?
(a) She takes the pencils away when she leaves the class.
(b) She eats lunch with the kids.
(c) She refuses to have more class pets.
(d) She sends Sheila to the office to eat her lunch.
4. What does Sheila declare about the classroom and Torey?
(a) They are all crazy.
(b) It is not meant for her.
(c) They do not like her.
(d) It is a class she wants to leave.
5. What does Sheila do after the other children have left until it is time for her to leave?
(a) She sits in her chair and watches Torey work.
(b) She roots through all of the other students desks.
(c) She wanders around the room and touches things.
(d) She turns her back to Torey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torey begin each day?
2. What does Torey try to use with Shelia during her math time?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
4. Which of the following is the best synonym for motivation as it is used in the prologue?
5. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)