|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Torey find out that she will have an addition to her classroom?
(a) Just before summer break.
(b) Just after Thanksgiving break.
(c) Just after the year begins.
(d) Just after Christmas vacation.
2. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
(a) Because they are unaware of this type of student.
(b) Because they do not understand education.
(c) Because they lack empathy skills.
(d) Because they pity her students.
3. Which student does Sheila hurt at the beginning of chapter five?
(c) Savannah Joy.
4. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
(a) Moment of understanding.
(b) Moment of learning.
(c) Moment of social awareness.
(d) Moment of peace.
5. How many students is Torey assigned for her new classroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Torey have the previous year before Ed Somers contacted her about having a classroom of her own?
2. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
3. Who does Shelia live with?
4. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
5. What does Torey try to use with Shelia during her math time?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)