|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
(a) Torey moves the group to where she is sitting.
(b) She runs out of the room to the gym again.
(c) Anton ends up chasing her around the room.
(d) She is sent to the corner.
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
3. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
(a) She holds out her hand and asks her to go with her.
(b) She carries her to the cafeteria.
(c) She takes her to the office to wait until she will speak.
(d) She lets her sitting in the room alone.
4. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
(a) Interest in sharing a story.
(b) Love for her students.
(c) Love of teaching.
(d) Disability awareness.
5. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
(a) Because they do not understand education.
(b) Because they lack empathy skills.
(c) Because they are unaware of this type of student.
(d) Because they pity her students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
2. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
3. What does Sheila declare about the classroom and Torey?
4. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
5. What position did Torey have the previous year before Ed Somers contacted her about having a classroom of her own?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)