|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
(a) Moment of understanding.
(b) Moment of social awareness.
(c) Moment of peace.
(d) Moment of learning.
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for motivation as it is used in the prologue?
3. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
(a) She indicates that Shelia has adapted well to the order in the classroom.
(b) She indicates Shelia is easier than some of the other children.
(c) She indicates it is like starting from the beginning again.
(d) She indicates that Shelia has been as she expected.
4. Which of the following is the best description of Torey's room right after the incident with the goldfish?
5. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
(a) Must be a highly qualified aide.
(b) Must be an aide in the room.
(c) Must have a college degree.
(d) Must be bilingual.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Torey find out that she will have an addition to her classroom?
2. What does Chad bring to Torey after her favorite show ends?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
4. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
5. What food item does the class make during cooking time today?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)