|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best description of Torey's room right after the incident with the goldfish?
2. How did Torey feel about accepting the position that Ed was offering her?
(a) She had reservations.
(b) She declined it.
(c) She was unsure and wanted to visit the students before deciding.
(d) She was excited.
3. What happens when Torey tries to get Shelia to do the math papers?
(a) She wads up the paper and throws it.
(b) She cries.
(c) She does nothing.
(d) She tears up the paper.
4. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
(a) Because they do not understand education.
(b) Because they pity her students.
(c) Because they are unaware of this type of student.
(d) Because they lack empathy skills.
5. What does Sheila do after the other children have left until it is time for her to leave?
(a) She wanders around the room and touches things.
(b) She turns her back to Torey.
(c) She sits in her chair and watches Torey work.
(d) She roots through all of the other students desks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
2. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
3. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
4. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
5. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)