|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shelia live with?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her foster family.
(d) Her father.
2. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
(a) Ice cream on Friday.
(b) Extra recess time.
(c) A pizza party.
(d) A surprise field trip.
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for motivation as it is used in the prologue?
4. What does Shelia do with the items Torey attempts to use during her math time?
(a) She shoves them into Torey's face.
(b) She hides them under her chair and desk.
(c) She throws them across the room at another student.
(d) She refuses to do anything with them at all.
5. Where is Shelia expected to go from Torey's class?
(b) State hospital.
(c) Another classroom in the district.
(d) Juvenile ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the little girl who burned the three-year old boy after tying him to a tree?
2. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
3. How long does Torey tell Shelia she must stay in the quiet chair?
4. What does Sheila declare about the classroom and Torey?
5. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Torey as a teacher?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)