|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
(a) That she doesn't like Torey and Torey can't make her speak.
(b) That she wants to leave this class as soon as possible.
(c) That she doesn't want to be in this stupid classroom.
(d) That she needs to go to the bathroom.
2. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
(a) Surprise them.
(b) Hold them to societal standards.
(c) Pity them.
(d) Hospitalize them.
3. What surprises Torey about Shelia's file?
(a) It describes a different child from the one Torey has seen.
(b) It contains too much information for such a young child.
(c) It is very censored.
(d) It is very thin.
4. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
(a) Goes to the faculty room to find Ed.
(b) Goes to read Shelia's file.
(c) Goes back to the room to set up for the afternoon.
(d) Sits at the back of the cafeteria and watches Shelia.
5. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
(a) Interest in sharing a story.
(b) Love of teaching.
(c) Disability awareness.
(d) Love for her students.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for motivation as it is used in the prologue?
3. How do the other children in the classroom react to Shelia's abuse of the goldfish?
4. How does Torey describe Anton?
5. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)