|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Georgie decide to go to get a doctor?
2. Who is Cleo?
3. Who dies while Georgie is searching for Agatha?
4. Who bought Georgie new clothes?
5. What business was credited with reviving the community of Dog Hollow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Billy want Georgie to approach the Garrows?
2. Why does Georgie blame herself for Agatha's disappearance?
3. How is Billy and Georgie's relationship affected by her marriage proposal?
4. Why is Billy in a hurry to leave the cave?
5. What is the significance of the money Goergie and Billy find in the caves?
6. What dilemma does Georgie face when shooting at Mr. Garrow and Roy?
7. What theory does Georgie begin to develop about Darlene and Agatha?
8. Why is Georgie surprised by the store owner's behavior when she arrives in Dog Hollow?
9. Why doesn't Georgie want Billy to remove his hat when they arrive at the crime scene on Miller Road?
10. Why does Georgie begin to feel bad about calling the store owner Pin Eyes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Agatha once comments to her sister: “I don’t know how you can be so sure about putting creatures to death.” By the end of the novel, Georgie says she has stopped hunting because “Truth be told, I don’t find taking life - any life – palatable anymore.” Explain how and why Georgie’s attitude towards hunting has changed throughout the course of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
How does Billy’s confession about the true nature of the kiss between him and Agatha affect his relationship with Georgie? What are the short term effects of his confession? What are the long term effects of his confession? Why does Georgie decide to help him on Miller Road? Why does she ask him to leave the store afterwards?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Georgie certain that her sister is alive? What skills does Agatha possess that would allow her to survive on her own? What elements of Agatha’s personality might make Georgie think she had left town?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)