|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters smile at each other in Chapter 20?
2. Why does Billy give Georgie twenty cents?
3. Where does Georgie go after the funeral in Chapter 20?
4. What does Georgie buy for Long Ears?
5. What does Georgie hope is waiting for her when she returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Billy and Georgie's relationship affected by her marriage proposal?
2. How does Georgie alter Agatha's story about the old Seneca man?
3. What confession does Billy make to Georgie after the shootout?
4. What theory does Georgie begin to develop about Darlene and Agatha?
5. How does Mr. Olmstead care for Georgie and Billy after the shootout?
6. What is the significance of the money Goergie and Billy find in the caves?
7. How does Georgie react to the Mr. Garrow's presence in camp?
8. Why doesn't Georgie want Billy to remove his hat when they arrive at the crime scene on Miller Road?
9. What does Georgie suspect has happened between her Ma and Sheriff McCabe while she was away?
10. How does Georgie plan to make Long Ears obey her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mrs. Garrow arrives in Placid to visit her daughter’s grave and gives Ma a wad of counterfeit dollars to pay for a new tombstone for Darlene. Describe the moral and ethical dilemma Ma faces in using illegal currency to purchase the new tombstone. What risks does she face? Why do you think she purchases the tombstone?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how each family member reacts to Agatha’s letter. What immediate impact does it have on each character’s life? What might the long term impact of that character’s life? What might have caused Georgie to react with such vehement anger? What enabled her to forgive Agatha? Theorize how Mr. Olmstead might react upon hearing that Agatha is alive.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Georgie prepares for her journey. Of what importance is “The Prairie Traveler”? Her Springfield rifle? How will the skills she has acquired through hunting and shooting gin bottles assist her on her journey?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)