|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ma ask the sheriff for his knife?
2. Why does Georgie expect Agatha to reject Mr. Olmstead's proposal?
3. How many days pass before Agatha's family becomes concerned about her disappearance?
4. What does Billy give Georgie the second night of her journey to help her sleep?
5. What does Georgie find on February 28th, 1871?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Georgie question the validity of her sister's funeral?
2. Why does Georgie describe the pigeon nesting as "a battlefield"?
3. How does Georgie feel about Agatha's relationship with Billy?
4. Why does Georgie consider her five Bechtler dollars to be worth twenty dollars?
5. Why does Georgie fear to join her sister outside with the migrating birds?
6. What does Agatha's story about the old Seneca man symbolize?
7. How does Georgie feel about Agatha's relationship with Mr. Olmstead?
8. How does Long Ears' behavior foreshadow the arrival of the cougar?
9. Why does Ma make Agatha a ball gown?
10. How does Georgie fend off the cougar attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the significance of Gerogie’s encounter with the cougar. What skills does she use to survive the attack? What impact does this event have on her character?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Georgie’s encounter with the store owner in Dog Hollow? What is Georgie’s initial assumptions about the woman? How do those assumptions change? What events allow both women to begin to identify with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the development of Gerogie’s relationship with Long Ears? How does she treat the mule initially? What prompts her to decide to build a relationship with the mule? What methods does she use to gain the mule’s trust? Are her efforts successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)