|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was left on the front steps on the Bolte General store in Chapter 20?
(a) A letter.
(b) A box of ammunition.
(c) A package tied with string.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
2. Who bought Georgie new clothes?
(a) Grandfather Bolte.
(b) Billy McCabe.
(c) Mrs. Garrow.
(d) Benjamin Olmstead.
3. What does Georgie buy for Long Ears?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A saddle.
(c) Sugar cubes.
4. What had Sheriff McCabe found on the side of Miller Road?
(a) A dead body.
(b) An empty bottle.
(c) A man's hat.
(d) Spent rifle cartridges.
5. What does Mr. Garrow burn in Chapter 17?
(a) "The Prairie Traveler".
(b) Georgie's clothes.
(c) Stacks of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the fields of Garrow Farm?
2. Who runs to meet Georgie when she returns to Placid?
3. Who dies while Georgie is searching for Agatha?
4. Who is Cleo?
5. Which character has a thumb shot off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie suspect has happened between her Ma and Sheriff McCabe while she was away?
2. Why does Georgie begin to feel bad about calling the store owner Pin Eyes?
3. What confession does Billy make to Georgie after the shootout?
4. How does Georgie plan to make Long Ears obey her?
5. What revelation does the family have about the hair ribbon Georgie brings home?
6. What dilemma does Georgie face when shooting at Mr. Garrow and Roy?
7. How does Georgie alter Agatha's story about the old Seneca man?
8. Why is Georgie surprised by the store owner's behavior when she arrives in Dog Hollow?
9. How does Georgie theorize that Mr. Garrow and the pigeoners are connected?
10. How does Mr. Olmstead care for Georgie and Billy after the shootout?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)