|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has a thumb shot off?
(b) Mr. Garrow.
2. What business was credited with reviving the community of Dog Hollow?
(a) The Railway.
(b) The Shipyard.
(c) The Saloon.
(d) The Brothel.
3. Where does Georgie find a five-dollar note?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a root cellar.
(c) On a hill.
(d) In a gravel pit.
4. According to Mrs. Garrow, what happened to Darlene?
(a) She fell ill.
(b) She died.
(c) She went to school.
(d) She ran away.
5. What does Mr. Garrow burn in Chapter 17?
(a) Georgie's clothes.
(c) "The Prairie Traveler".
(d) Stacks of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies while Georgie is searching for Agatha?
2. Who pays Billy to chaperone Georgie?
3. Which character do Billy and Georgie deduce to be the owner of the machine inside the cave?
4. What nickname does Georgie give the rude store owner in Dog Hollow?
5. What revelation does Georgie have while eating lunch on the banks of the Smoke River?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Billy in a hurry to leave the cave?
2. How does Mr. Olmstead care for Georgie and Billy after the shootout?
3. Why does Georgie blame herself for Agatha's disappearance?
4. What dilemma does Georgie face when shooting at Mr. Garrow and Roy?
5. What revelation does Georgie have when she discovers Billy has sent a telegram back to Placid?
6. How does Georgie react to the Mr. Garrow's presence in camp?
7. What makes Georgie change her mind about going home to Placid?
8. How does Georgie plan to make Long Ears obey her?
9. How does Georgie alter Agatha's story about the old Seneca man?
10. What is the significance of the story of the bear that Billy reads in "The Prairie Traveler"?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)