|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Tartt?
(a) Mrs. Garrow's sister.
(b) Benjamin Olmstead's aunt.
(c) The owner of an inn.
(d) A shop owner.
2. Who brings Georgie food in Chapter 20?
(b) Grandfather Bolte.
3. Whom does the Dog Hollow stationmaster admit to seeing?
(a) A red-headed woman.
(b) Mr. Garrow.
4. Which character says, "hope muddies up reason"?
5. Who is driving the wagon that rescues Billy and Georgie?
(a) Benjamin Olmstead.
(b) Sheriff McCabe.
(c) Grandfather Bolte.
(d) Mrs. Garrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Georgie decide to go to get a doctor?
2. What does Georgie take from the youngest Garrow girl?
3. Who is Morgy Harrison?
4. What business was credited with reviving the community of Dog Hollow?
5. What does the machine inside the cave make?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the story of the bear that Billy reads in "The Prairie Traveler"?
2. What revelation does Georgie have when she discovers Billy has sent a telegram back to Placid?
3. What confession does Billy make to Georgie after the shootout?
4. How does Georgie plan to make Long Ears obey her?
5. Why doesn't Billy want Georgie to approach the Garrows?
6. How is Billy and Georgie's relationship affected by her marriage proposal?
7. Why does Georgie blame herself for Agatha's disappearance?
8. How does Georgie chase Mr. Garrow and Roy away from the campsite?
9. What dilemma does Georgie face when shooting at Mr. Garrow and Roy?
10. What is the significance of Georgie deciding to use Billy's repeater rifle to hunt?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)