|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Georgie blame for Agatha's death?
(a) The Pigeoner.
2. Who is Mrs. Tartt?
(a) A shop owner.
(b) The owner of an inn.
(c) Benjamin Olmstead's aunt.
(d) Mrs. Garrow's sister.
3. How does Billy communicate with his family in Placid while traveling with Billy?
(a) By telegraph.
(b) By carrier pigeon.
(c) By telephone.
(d) By text.
4. Whom does the Dog Hollow stationmaster admit to seeing?
(a) A red-headed woman.
(b) Mr. Garrow.
5. What was the cause of death for the body found outside of Dog Hollow?
(a) A shooting.
(b) Wild animals.
(d) A hanging.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy's rifle differ from Georgie's rifle?
2. Which character says, "hope muddies up reason"?
3. Who runs to meet Georgie when she returns to Placid?
4. What does Georgie buy for Long Ears?
5. What is Mr. Garrow referring to when he says, "a mouse on your eye"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confession does Billy make to Georgie after the shootout?
2. What is the significance of the story of the bear that Billy reads in "The Prairie Traveler"?
3. What revelation does the family have about the hair ribbon Georgie brings home?
4. How does Georgie chase Mr. Garrow and Roy away from the campsite?
5. Why is Georgie surprised by the store owner's behavior when she arrives in Dog Hollow?
6. What revelation does Georgie have on top of the hill beside Miller Road?
7. Why does Georgie begin to feel bad about calling the store owner Pin Eyes?
8. Why does Georgie blame herself for Agatha's disappearance?
9. What is the significance of the money Goergie and Billy find in the caves?
10. What theory does Georgie begin to develop about Darlene and Agatha?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)