|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is known as the best tracker in town?
(a) Georgie Burkhardt.
(b) Grandfather Bolte.
(c) Agatha Burkhardt.
(d) Sheriff McCabe.
2. How old was Billy the first time he asked Agatha to marry him?
3. What does Georgie clean by the fire?
(a) Her rifle.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her boots.
(d) The plates.
4. How long has Georgie's father been missing?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six weeks.
5. Why does Georgie have difficulty sleeping the second night of her journey?
(a) She is worried about Agatha.
(b) She is afraid the cougar will return.
(c) She is nervous around Billy.
(d) She is afraid the bear will return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Georgie expect Agatha to reject Mr. Olmstead's proposal?
2. Where does Georgie hide her coins while traveling?
3. What color are Mr. Olmstead's eyes?
4. How does Billy describe Georgie's biscuits?
5. What is the significance of Wednesday, June 7, 1871?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Georgie feel about Agatha's relationship with Billy?
2. Why does Georgie shoot gin bottles down by the river?
3. What is the significance of Billy's nickname for Georgie?
4. What makes Georgie question the validity of her sister's funeral?
5. Why does Georgie fear to join her sister outside with the migrating birds?
6. How does Georgie's behave change after her encounter with the cougar?
7. Why does Georgie tell Mr. Olmstead about Agatha kissing Billy?
8. What does Agatha's story about the old Seneca man symbolize?
9. What was unusual about the cougar attack?
10. Why does Ma cut a scrap of cloth from the corpse's body?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)