|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Georgie join Agatha during the arrival of the pigeons?
(a) She was angry.
(b) She had chores to do.
(c) She was annoyed by Agatha's behavior.
(d) She was afraid.
2. What does Georgie do with her gun when faced with a wild animal?
(b) Shoots it.
(c) Drops it.
(d) Throws it.
3. What song does Billy whistle as he leaves Billy alone to bathe?
(a) God Save the Queen.
(b) My Darling Clementine.
(c) The Star-Spangled Banner.
(d) Pop Goes the Weasel.
4. Who comforts Georgie after she encounters a wild animal near the nesting site?
(a) Grandfather Bolte.
5. Where does Georgie bathe on the second night of her journey?
(a) In a pond.
(b) In a river.
(c) In a church.
(d) In a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Georgie hide her coins while traveling?
2. Why does Georgie expect Agatha to reject Mr. Olmstead's proposal?
3. What discovery makes Georgie certain that Agatha has run away?
4. How does Georgie react to the arrival of the pigeons?
5. Where does Georgie work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Billy's nickname for Georgie?
2. Why does Ma make Agatha a ball gown?
3. What was unusual about the cougar attack?
4. How does Long Ears' behavior foreshadow the arrival of the cougar?
5. How does Georgie feel about Agatha's relationship with Billy?
6. Why does Georgie fear to join her sister outside with the migrating birds?
7. What does Agatha's story about the old Seneca man symbolize?
8. Why does Georgie tell Mr. Olmstead about Agatha kissing Billy?
9. Why does Georgie shoot gin bottles down by the river?
10. How does Georgie feel about Agatha's relationship with Mr. Olmstead?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)