|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What discovery makes Georgie certain that Agatha has run away?
(a) A horse is missing.
(b) Georgie's rifle is gone.
(c) Agatha's money is gone.
(d) Food is missing from the pantry.
2. How does the wild animal react to Georgie's stare?
(a) It lays down in the road.
(b) It climbs a tree.
(c) It attacks.
(d) It runs away.
3. What does Grandfather Bolte buy the night of February 28th, 1871?
(b) A new coat.
(c) A mule.
(d) A horse.
4. What song does Billy whistle as he leaves Billy alone to bathe?
(a) My Darling Clementine.
(b) God Save the Queen.
(c) Pop Goes the Weasel.
(d) The Star-Spangled Banner.
5. What material are Bechler dollars made from?
(d) Calf hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Georgie and Agatha make plans to do on Flat Rock?
2. Who is Storm?
3. Which character is known as the best tracker in town?
4. Where does Agatha want to go to University?
5. What does Ma carry during Agatha's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grandfather Bolte refuse to give his permission for Agatha to go to the University of Wisconsin?
2. How does Georgie's behave change after her encounter with the cougar?
3. How does Georgie justify taking items from the store for her journey?
4. What type of "horse" does Billy loan to Georgie and how does he force himself on her journey?
5. How does Long Ears' behavior foreshadow the arrival of the cougar?
6. Why does Georgie consider her five Bechtler dollars to be worth twenty dollars?
7. How does Georgie fend off the cougar attack?
8. Why does Agatha step into the migrating flock of pigeons and spin?
9. What is the significance of Georgie's statement that she wishes Billy McCabe was only "a block of carved wood"?
10. What does Agatha's story about the old Seneca man symbolize?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)