|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Georgie plan to search after she and Billy determine there are no clues on Miller Road?
(a) The pigeoners' camp.
(b) The nesting ground.
(c) The river.
(d) The woods.
2. Which character do Billy and Georgie deduce to be the owner of the machine inside the cave?
(a) Pin Eyes.
(b) Mr. Olmstead.
(c) The Pigeoner.
(d) Mr. Garrow.
3. Why doesn't Georgie want Billy to take off his hat?
(a) His hair is greasy.
(b) It symbolizes Agatha's death.
(c) She likes the way it looks on him.
(d) She wants him to hide his identity.
4. Whom does Georgie blame for Agatha's death?
(b) The Pigeoner.
5. Why does Georgie explore the creek bank in Chapter 17?
(a) She is searching for a new campsite.
(b) She is looking for clues.
(c) She is hunting.
(d) She is searching for a place to bury the money.
6. What do Billy and Georgie find inside a cave?
(a) Pigeoner tools.
(b) A blue-green ball gown.
(d) A shotgun.
7. What confession does Billy make to Georgie in Chapter 18?
(a) He wants revenge for losing Agatha.
(b) He meant for Georgie to see the kiss.
(c) He has never loved anyone.
(d) He loves her.
8. Who is driving the wagon that rescues Billy and Georgie?
(a) Benjamin Olmstead.
(b) Grandfather Bolte.
(c) Mrs. Garrow.
(d) Sheriff McCabe.
9. What does Georgie use as a rifle blind?
(a) Her bloomers.
(b) Branches and leaves.
(c) Her skirt.
(d) Her blouse.
10. What does Georgie discover about the hair ribbon in Chapter 20?
(a) It has blood stains.
(b) It is made from the same fabric as Agatha's ball gown.
(c) Is is slightly different from the fabric of Agatha's ball gown.
(d) It is missing from her saddlebags.
11. What is unique about the fabric of Agatha's ball gown?
(a) It was ordered from Boston.
(b) It was two different colors.
(c) The silk was dyed before weaving.
(d) It was woven by hand.
12. What does Georgie do when Billy removes his hat?
(a) Laughs and points.
(b) Bites his arm and runs away.
(c) Fills a bucket with water.
(d) Hits him.
13. Who runs to meet Georgie when she returns to Placid?
(a) Grandfather Bolte.
14. Who brings Georgie food in Chapter 20?
(c) Grandfather Bolte.
15. Where does Georgie decide to go to get a doctor?
(b) Dog Hollow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Billy and Georgie leave their camp in a hurry?
2. What is unique about the fields of Garrow Farm?
3. What color is the youngest Garrow child's hair?
4. What does Georgie burn in the campfire?
5. What is pigeon lime?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)