|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the cause of death for the body found outside of Dog Hollow?
(a) Wild animals.
(b) A shooting.
(c) A hanging.
2. What color is the youngest Garrow child's hair?
3. What animals were living inside the cave?
4. What revelation does Georgie have while eating lunch on the banks of the Smoke River?
(a) Agatha is alive.
(b) Billy loves Agatha.
(c) Life is unfair.
(d) Agatha is dead.
5. What is unique about the fields of Garrow Farm?
(a) They are unplanted.
(b) They are terraced.
(c) They are frozen.
(d) They are in full bloom.
6. Where does Georgie decide to go after leaving Dog Hollow?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) The Garrows.
7. According to Mrs. Garrow, what happened to Darlene?
(a) She fell ill.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She went to school.
(d) She died.
8. What happens to the old man in Georgie's story?
(a) He dies defending his family.
(b) He kills a pigeon.
(c) He jumps off a cliff.
(d) He learns to fly.
9. What had Sheriff McCabe found on the side of Miller Road?
(a) A man's hat.
(b) Spent rifle cartridges.
(c) A dead body.
(d) An empty bottle.
10. Why does Billy give Georgie twenty cents?
(a) To pay for a drink.
(b) To buy cheese and bread.
(c) To buy stick candy.
(d) To pay for a bath.
11. What is the significance of the hair ribbon?
(a) Someone stole Agatha's ball gown.
(b) Agatha might be alive.
(c) Agatha is definitely dead.
(d) One of the Garrows killed Agatha.
12. Why does Georgie explore the creek bank in Chapter 17?
(a) She is looking for clues.
(b) She is searching for a place to bury the money.
(c) She is searching for a new campsite.
(d) She is hunting.
13. What confession does Billy make to Georgie in Chapter 18?
(a) He wants revenge for losing Agatha.
(b) He has never loved anyone.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He meant for Georgie to see the kiss.
14. How do Georgie and Billy believe the counterfeit money is being distributed?
(a) It is being sent to the banks.
(b) It is being sold at a discount to travelers.
(c) It is being given away.
(d) It is being used to purchase pigeoner equipment.
15. Who pays Billy to chaperone Georgie?
(a) Pin Eyes.
(b) Sheriff McCabe.
(d) Grandfather Bolte.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Georgie entertain Billy as they search for a doctor?
2. What is Mr. Garrow referring to when he says, "a mouse on your eye"?
3. Which character has a thumb shot off?
4. What does Georgie hope is waiting for her when she returns home?
5. What does Georgie use to bribe Long Ears?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)