|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Georgie work?
(a) In the family store.
(b) In a millinery shop.
(c) With the pigeoners.
(d) In the fields.
2. Why does Georgie expect Agatha to reject Mr. Olmstead's proposal?
(a) She thinks Agatha loves Billy.
(b) She thinks Mr. Olmstead is too old for Agatha.
(c) She doesn't expect Agatha to marry.
(d) She knows Agatha wants to go away to school.
3. Why does Georgie have difficulty sleeping the second night of her journey?
(a) She is afraid the bear will return.
(b) She is nervous around Billy.
(c) She is afraid the cougar will return.
(d) She is worried about Agatha.
4. What does Grandfather Bolte give Georgie on Christmas Day?
(a) A set of embroidery hoops.
(b) A beautiful ball gown.
(c) A pair of lace-up boots.
(d) A rifle.
5. How does Georgie leave the house the night she leaves home?
(a) Through the front door.
(b) Through the back door.
(c) Through her bedroom window.
(d) Through the cellar window.
6. Who comforts Georgie after she encounters a wild animal near the nesting site?
(d) Grandfather Bolte.
7. Who shoots at the wild animal Georgie encounters near the nesting site?
(c) Grandfather Bolte.
8. What does Georgie throw first at the wild animal she encountered at the nesting site?
(a) A book.
(b) Her gun.
(c) A stick.
(d) A shoe.
9. How does Georgie know that Billy can sew?
(a) Billy mended her torn dress.
(b) Agatha taught Billy to sew.
(c) He is from a family of tailors.
(d) His mother died when he was eight.
10. What discovery makes Georgie certain that Agatha has run away?
(a) Georgie's rifle is gone.
(b) Agatha's money is gone.
(c) A horse is missing.
(d) Food is missing from the pantry.
11. Where does Georgie camp on the second night of her journey?
(a) By the river.
(b) In a cave.
(c) Near a nesting site.
(d) In a lean-to.
12. Whom does Georgie dream of the second night of her journey?
(a) The cougar.
(c) The bear.
13. What does Ma carry during Agatha's funeral?
(a) A bonnet.
(b) A feather.
(c) A parasol.
(d) A scrap of fabric.
14. What did Sheriff McCabe find in Dog Hollow?
(a) A decayed female body.
(b) A green ball gown.
(c) A counterfeit ring.
(d) A decayed male body.
15. In her dream, were is Georgie standing?
(a) In a vegetable garden.
(b) On a hill.
(c) On a rock.
(d) In the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ma ask the sheriff for his knife?
2. What does Ma give Agatha on Christmas Day?
3. Where did Georgie sleep the first night away from home?
4. Where does Agatha store her money?
5. Where does Georgie bathe on the second night of her journey?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)