|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma carry during Agatha's funeral?
(a) A parasol.
(b) A scrap of fabric.
(c) A feather.
(d) A bonnet.
2. Why is Ma angry at Georgie the night of February 28th, 1871?
(a) Georgie ruins her coat.
(b) Georgie uses all her ammunition shooting at pigeons.
(c) Agatha runs away from home.
(d) Georgie does not come home that night.
3. How many years was Georgie in school?
4. Who is Captain Marcy?
(a) Sheriff Mccabe's boss.
(b) Grandfather Bolte's old navy captain.
(c) Author of a travel guide.
(d) The stationmaster.
5. What is the significance of Wednesday, June 7, 1871?
(a) It is the date of Agatha's first funeral.
(b) It is Agatha's birthday.
(c) It is Georgie's birthday.
(d) It is Agatha and Benjamin's wedding date.
6. Where does Agatha store her money?
(a) In a tin box.
(b) In the bank.
(c) Under the mattress.
(d) In the barn.
7. How long has Georgie's father been missing?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Ten days.
8. What does Ma do the night Georgie plans to leave home?
(a) Locks the front door.
(b) Argues with Georgie.
(d) Kisses Georgie goodnight.
9. What is Billy's nickname for Georgie?
10. What does Grandfather Bolte give Georgie on Christmas Day?
(a) A pair of lace-up boots.
(b) A beautiful ball gown.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A set of embroidery hoops.
11. Whom does Georgie see kissing Agatha?
(a) Billy McCabe.
(b) Sheriff McCabe.
(c) The pigioner.
(d) Benjamin Olmstead.
12. What was the old man in the Seneca story following?
(a) A star.
(b) A song.
(c) A pigeon feather.
(d) A wolf.
13. Where does Georgie hide her coins while traveling?
(a) In her saddlebags.
(b) In the waistband of her skirt.
(c) In her shoe.
(d) Underneath the saddle.
14. Who asks Grandfather Bolte's permission to court Agatha while hunting pigeons?
(a) Billy McCabe.
(b) Benjamin Olmstead.
(c) Sheriff McCabe.
(d) The pigeoner.
15. Where does Georgie camp on the second night of her journey?
(a) In a cave.
(b) By the river.
(c) In a lean-to.
(d) Near a nesting site.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the wild animal react to Georgie's stare?
2. Why does Georgie allow Billy to accompany her on her journey?
3. What type of bird does Georgie study in the massive book that lay open in Mr. Olmstead's library?
4. How does Georgie plan to get a horse for her journey?
5. Who comforts Georgie after she encounters a wild animal near the nesting site?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)