|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interest does Agatha share with Benjamin?
2. What song does Billy whistle as he leaves Billy alone to bathe?
(a) The Star-Spangled Banner.
(b) My Darling Clementine.
(c) God Save the Queen.
(d) Pop Goes the Weasel.
3. What discovery makes Georgie certain that Agatha has run away?
(a) Georgie's rifle is gone.
(b) Food is missing from the pantry.
(c) Agatha's money is gone.
(d) A horse is missing.
4. Why doesn't Gerogie want Agatha to marry Billy?
(a) Georgie wants Agatha to marry Benjamin.
(b) Georgie wants Agatha to go to University.
(c) Billy wants to homestead in Minnesota.
(d) Georgie is afraid of Billy.
5. Who is Captain Marcy?
(a) The stationmaster.
(b) Author of a travel guide.
(c) Sheriff Mccabe's boss.
(d) Grandfather Bolte's old navy captain.
6. Whom does Polly Barfod want to marry?
(a) Benjamin Olmstead.
(b) The pigioner.
(c) Billy McCabe.
(d) Sheriff McCabe.
7. What does Georgie find on February 28th, 1871?
(b) A mule.
(d) A horse.
8. What is Billy's nickname for Georgie?
9. Why do the pigeons return in greater numbers during odd numbered years?
(a) The wind shifts from the north to the south.
(b) Their favorite oaks drop acorns every other year.
(c) They only migrate every other year.
(d) No one knows.
10. How many years was Georgie in school?
11. Where does Georgie work?
(a) With the pigeoners.
(b) In a millinery shop.
(c) In the fields.
(d) In the family store.
12. What is Georgie doing in her dream?
(a) Hoeing weeds.
(b) Fighting wild animals.
(d) Watching comets.
13. Why didn't Georgie join Agatha during the arrival of the pigeons?
(a) She had chores to do.
(b) She was annoyed by Agatha's behavior.
(c) She was angry.
(d) She was afraid.
14. Where does Agatha store her money?
(a) Under the mattress.
(b) In a tin box.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the bank.
15. Where did Georgie sleep the first night away from home?
(a) In a lean-to.
(b) In a barn.
(c) In a church.
(d) Under a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Agatha when she met Billy?
2. Who are the pigeoners?
3. How does Georgie plan to get a horse for her journey?
4. What material are Bechler dollars made from?
5. With what objects did Georgie and Agatha spar with in February of 1871?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)