|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about where this person has been?
2. What does George plan to begin immediately as head of studio productions?
3. What has Lawrence Vail, a playwright, been waiting for days to do?
4. What is shocking about this presentation to George?
5. Who is this person that she knows?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Geroge launches into Vail's speech.
Part 1) Describe Vail's speech.
Part 2) What is Mr. Glogauer's reaction to this speech? Are you surprised by his reaction? Why or why not?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on George using Vail's speech? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The characters are identified quite easily at the beginning of the play.
Part 1) By what are they identified?
Part 2) Describe each of the three main characters.
Part 3) Why would this play and these characters be appealing to a 1930s audience?
Essay Topic 3
Hopeful actors and actresses work at the Hotel Stilton.
Part 1) What jobs do they have at the hotel? Why do they work here?
Part 2) Describe the Hotel Stilton.
Part 3) How does this hotel reflect Los Angeles life and the life of those in the film industry?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)