|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vail continue, while sitting with George?
2. How is George to everything, other than his love for Susan and his efforts to make her a talking picture movie star?
3. What does May learn about George's movie?
4. How does May know this person?
5. What does Vail share with George, while they are sitting in the room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Geroge launches into Vail's speech.
Part 1) Describe Vail's speech.
Part 2) What is Mr. Glogauer's reaction to this speech? Are you surprised by his reaction? Why or why not?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on George using Vail's speech? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The main themes of the play are about loyalty and hope.
Part 1) How are these themes timeless?
Part 2) Give two examples from the play that support these themes.
Part 3) Why are these themes significant at the time the play is written?
Essay Topic 3
George's presence is felt everywhere in the last scene.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) How does this add to the humor of the play?
Part 3) What does this say about people like George?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)