|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May believe will be dismal regarding George?
2. What does Glogauer discover about George after watching the scene?
3. When was this script last used?
4. What does May feel on part of her trip back, which fits her personality?
5. Where will May learn information that concerns her regarding George?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters are identified quite easily at the beginning of the play.
Part 1) By what are they identified?
Part 2) Describe each of the three main characters.
Part 3) Why would this play and these characters be appealing to a 1930s audience?
Essay Topic 2
The playwright shows there are some redeeming qualities in the business of film.
Part 1) What are these redeeming qualities?
Part 2) Why is the trio good for the film industry?
Part 3) Are there good qualities in the film industry today? Is so, what are they? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
The play takes place at the onset of talking pictures.
Part 1) How could audiences in the 1930s relate to this setting?
Part 2) Can audiences today find relevance in this setting? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this change in movie making show the ingenuity and creativity of the characters in the play, as well as people from the time the play was written?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)