|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does George remind Glogauer, after Glogauer says why he does not want Susan as the country girl?
2. When is this person expected to arrive on the set?
3. What is George's first act of business as the head of studio productions?
4. What does Glogauer discover about George after watching the scene?
5. Where does Vail head after leaving Los Angeles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
George produces the wrong movie.
Part 1) Describe the scene in which this is discovered.
Part 2) For what is this an analogy?
Part 3) What might be the playwrights' opinions of those with power, based on this play?
Essay Topic 2
George is a message of hope.
Part 1) How is he a message of hope? For whom is he a message of hope?
Part 2) Why might the playwrights be sending this message to the audience?
Part 3) Is this a realistic message? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The trio's diction school is closed.
Part 1) What foreshadows this closing?
Part 2) What are several reasons for its failure?
Part 3) How does this trio regain success after the failure of their school?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)