|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does May know this person?
2. With whom is George waiting in the reception area when Glogauer finally emerges?
3. What is Glogauer settling in to watch?
4. What do May and Jerry leave to do, after they receive the news from Helen Hobart?
5. May's suspicions about what are confirmed by Helen Hobart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
George is a message of hope.
Part 1) How is he a message of hope? For whom is he a message of hope?
Part 2) Why might the playwrights be sending this message to the audience?
Part 3) Is this a realistic message? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry, May, and George are centered with their priorities intact.
Part 1) Why might this be surprising?
Part 2) What message are the playwrights sending to the audience through the behaviors of these three characters?
Part 3) How does this reinforce one of the themes of this play?
Essay Topic 3
Hopeful actors and actresses work at the Hotel Stilton.
Part 1) What jobs do they have at the hotel? Why do they work here?
Part 2) Describe the Hotel Stilton.
Part 3) How does this hotel reflect Los Angeles life and the life of those in the film industry?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)