|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is May waiting?
2. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
3. What is this person's idea, regarding the new job?
4. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
5. Of what does the trio have another?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Glogauer appear as he enters the scene? Why does he appear this way?
2. How does Mr. Glogauer respond to this announcement?
3. Describe May.
4. Describe how the first scene opens.
5. What happens the closer they get to Los Angeles?
6. How do they feel about the trip?
7. Describe George.
8. What is Glogauer's reaction to this news?
9. Who is sitting and waiting in the beginning of the scene?
10. What do the playwrights show about the film industry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
George falls in love with Susan Walker.
Part 1) Who is Susan Walker? How does he meet her?
Part 2) Why does he fall in love with her? How do his feelings for Susan affect his friends?
Part 3) How does his love for her affect her life? Does she love him? Why might she love him?
Essay Topic 2
The play takes place at the onset of talking pictures.
Part 1) How could audiences in the 1930s relate to this setting?
Part 2) Can audiences today find relevance in this setting? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this change in movie making show the ingenuity and creativity of the characters in the play, as well as people from the time the play was written?
Essay Topic 3
The trio's diction school is closed.
Part 1) What foreshadows this closing?
Part 2) What are several reasons for its failure?
Part 3) How does this trio regain success after the failure of their school?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)