Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
2. Where are the three headed?
3. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
4. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
5. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe May.
2. What is Glogauer's reaction to this news?
3. How does Glogauer react upon the completion of filming?
4. Who does the trio meet on the train?
5. What has Jerry done to the trio?
6. What does May receive from George?
7. Describe George at this point in the play.
8. How are May's suspicions confirmed?
9. Why does Mary feel hesitant and fearful? Should she feel this way? Why or why not?
10. Describe the scene in the lobby.
Lawrence Vail is distraught over his career in Los Angeles.
Part 1) What is his career?
Part 2) Why is he distraught?
Part 3) Where does he end up, due to this anxiety and unhappiness? What does this say about writers and other artists?
George is a message of hope.
Part 1) How is he a message of hope? For whom is he a message of hope?
Part 2) Why might the playwrights be sending this message to the audience?
Part 3) Is this a realistic message? Why or why not?
The trio frequently has strokes of good luck.
Part 1) Give two examples of their good luck.
Part 2) What message does this luck send to the audience?
Part 3) Is luck how one becomes successful? Is this a typical belief? Why or why not?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)