|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sends Glogauer into fits?
2. How does Helen arrive?
3. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
4. What do May and George think of Jerry's news?
5. How do they feel at first about Jerry's news?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Jerry done to the trio?
2. Who is expected at any minute? What is he expected to do?
3. What do the playwrights show about the film industry?
4. How does this scene open?
5. How does Helen arrive?
6. What has happened to the original plan during the trio's travel?
7. Describe the setting.
8. How does George feel about himself? What does Glogauer settle in to watch?
9. How does Glogauer respond to what George has to say?
10. What does Glogauer's secretary announce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
George produces the wrong movie.
Part 1) Describe the scene in which this is discovered.
Part 2) For what is this an analogy?
Part 3) What might be the playwrights' opinions of those with power, based on this play?
Essay Topic 2
The trio's diction school is closed.
Part 1) What foreshadows this closing?
Part 2) What are several reasons for its failure?
Part 3) How does this trio regain success after the failure of their school?
Essay Topic 3
The characters are identified quite easily at the beginning of the play.
Part 1) By what are they identified?
Part 2) Describe each of the three main characters.
Part 3) Why would this play and these characters be appealing to a 1930s audience?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)