|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How powerful is this person that May encounters?
2. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
3. How did this decision to leave come about?
4. Why is this decision to leave made, according to Jerry?
5. Describe Susan.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Jerry done to the trio?
2. Where does this scene take place?
3. Who has a good idea? What is this idea? What do the others think about the idea?
4. How does Mr. Glogauer respond to this announcement?
5. Describe the setting.
6. What does Glogauer's secretary announce?
7. Who is sitting and waiting in the beginning of the scene?
8. Who are the three primary characters?
9. How does George, yet again, have good luck?
10. Where is this scene set? Describe the opening of this scene.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Helen Hobart is a gossip columnist.
Part 1) How is she treated by those in the film industry, as well the general public? Why?
Part 2) Whys is she an important figure in Los Angeles culture?
Part 3) Does this career flourish today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The trio hatches a plan on the way to California.
Part 1) What is their plan?
Part 2) What is faulty about this plan?
Part 3) Is their plan successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Helen Hobart is an opportunist.
Part 1) What attracts her to the trio?
Part 2) What is her career? How does this suit her personality?
Part 3) How is her character similar to those in the same field today?
This section contains 1,546 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)