|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is this building located?
2. How does the trio feel about their new idea, as they slowly traverse the land from one side of the continent to the other?
3. When was the decision to leave New York City made?
4. Of the main characters, who is the worrier?
5. Who is this very important person that Helen and the others compliment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vail tell George?
2. What happens when Glogauer finally emerges?
3. Describe George in the conversation between May, Jerry, and the person they encounter.
4. Describe the setting.
5. How does George feel about himself? What does Glogauer settle in to watch?
6. How does Glogauer react upon the completion of filming?
7. What is May doing at the beginning of the scene?
8. Describe how the first scene opens.
9. Where does this scene take place?
10. What has Jerry done to the trio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Geroge launches into Vail's speech.
Part 1) Describe Vail's speech.
Part 2) What is Mr. Glogauer's reaction to this speech? Are you surprised by his reaction? Why or why not?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on George using Vail's speech? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Helen Hobart is a gossip columnist.
Part 1) How is she treated by those in the film industry, as well the general public? Why?
Part 2) Whys is she an important figure in Los Angeles culture?
Part 3) Does this career flourish today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Lawrence Vail is distraught over his career in Los Angeles.
Part 1) What is his career?
Part 2) Why is he distraught?
Part 3) Where does he end up, due to this anxiety and unhappiness? What does this say about writers and other artists?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)