Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
2. Where are the three headed?
3. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
4. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
5. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe May.
2. What is Glogauer's reaction to this news?
3. How does Glogauer react upon the completion of filming?
4. Who does the trio meet on the train?
5. What has Jerry done to the trio?
6. What does May receive from George?
7. Describe George at this point in the play.
8. How are May's suspicions confirmed?
9. Why does Mary feel hesitant and fearful? Should she feel this way? Why or why not?
10. Describe the scene in the lobby.
Essay Topic 1
George produces the wrong movie.
Part 1) Describe the scene in which this is discovered.
Part 2) For what is this an analogy?
Part 3) What might be the playwrights' opinions of those with power, based on this play?
Essay Topic 2
Helen Hobart is an opportunist.
Part 1) What attracts her to the trio?
Part 2) What is her career? How does this suit her personality?
Part 3) How is her character similar to those in the same field today?
Essay Topic 3
Incompetence has risen to new heights in the form of George.
Part 1) Describe his incompetence.
Part 2) How does he get by? Why do the playwrights have this happen?
Part 3) George ends up very successful. Will this success last? Why or why not? Use the play to support your response.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)