|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can this person that May encounters do to someone's career?
2. What does this parade set off?
3. The setting of this scene has a _________ interior.
4. For whom is May waiting?
5. Where does the first scene open?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does George meet? Describe this person.
2. Why has Jerry done this?
3. How does this scene open?
4. For whom do Jerry, May, and George wait? Why? What will this person do for them?
5. Who has a good idea? What is this idea? What do the others think about the idea?
6. Where has this person that May recognizes been?
7. What is May doing at the beginning of the scene?
8. What does a bellboy announce?
9. What is symbolism that is found in this scene?
10. How does Mr. Glogauer respond to this announcement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The trio hatches a plan on the way to California.
Part 1) What is their plan?
Part 2) What is faulty about this plan?
Part 3) Is their plan successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Geroge launches into Vail's speech.
Part 1) Describe Vail's speech.
Part 2) What is Mr. Glogauer's reaction to this speech? Are you surprised by his reaction? Why or why not?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on George using Vail's speech? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Incompetence has risen to new heights in the form of George.
Part 1) Describe his incompetence.
Part 2) How does he get by? Why do the playwrights have this happen?
Part 3) George ends up very successful. Will this success last? Why or why not? Use the play to support your response.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)