Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
2. Where are the three headed?
3. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
4. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
5. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe May.
2. What is Glogauer's reaction to this news?
3. How does Glogauer react upon the completion of filming?
4. Who does the trio meet on the train?
5. What has Jerry done to the trio?
6. What does May receive from George?
7. Describe George at this point in the play.
8. How are May's suspicions confirmed?
9. Why does Mary feel hesitant and fearful? Should she feel this way? Why or why not?
10. Describe the scene in the lobby.
The trio hatches a plan on the way to California.
Part 1) What is their plan?
Part 2) What is faulty about this plan?
Part 3) Is their plan successful? Why or why not?
The characters travel by train several times.
Part 1) What are the purposes of these train rides?
Part 2) How does this frequent movement on the train reflect life in Los Angeles?
Part 3) How does the ease of traveling coast to coast and the advent of talkies reflect the changes in American life and culture?
Helen Hobart is an opportunist.
Part 1) What attracts her to the trio?
Part 2) What is her career? How does this suit her personality?
Part 3) How is her character similar to those in the same field today?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)