|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they travel from one city to the next?
2. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
3. What kind of parade goes through the lobby of this building?
4. Where does George meet this person?
5. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is this scene set? Describe the opening of this scene.
2. Who is sitting and waiting in the beginning of the scene?
3. Who does George meet? Describe this person.
4. What is wrong with the script?
5. What does Vail tell George?
6. Describe George at this point in the play.
7. What is symbolism that is found in this scene?
8. Describe the setting.
9. What does a bellboy announce?
10. How does this good luck help the Glogauer Studios?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The playwright shows there are some redeeming qualities in the business of film.
Part 1) What are these redeeming qualities?
Part 2) Why is the trio good for the film industry?
Part 3) Are there good qualities in the film industry today? Is so, what are they? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
The characters are identified quite easily at the beginning of the play.
Part 1) By what are they identified?
Part 2) Describe each of the three main characters.
Part 3) Why would this play and these characters be appealing to a 1930s audience?
Essay Topic 3
George is a message of hope.
Part 1) How is he a message of hope? For whom is he a message of hope?
Part 2) Why might the playwrights be sending this message to the audience?
Part 3) Is this a realistic message? Why or why not?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)