|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the trio have another?
2. Who announces that Mr. Glogauer's presence is requested?
3. What kind of play is ONCE IN A LIFETIME?
4. What is fortunate for May, regarding this person she encounters?
5. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has this person that May recognizes been?
2. Describe the setting.
3. What do the playwrights show about the film industry?
4. Who are the three primary characters?
5. Where is this scene set? Describe the opening of this scene.
6. Why does Mary feel hesitant and fearful? Should she feel this way? Why or why not?
7. Who does May recognize?
8. How does May feel about the diction school? How do the others react to her suspicions?
9. Describe how the first scene opens.
10. How does Glogauer respond to what George has to say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The trio frequently has strokes of good luck.
Part 1) Give two examples of their good luck.
Part 2) What message does this luck send to the audience?
Part 3) Is luck how one becomes successful? Is this a typical belief? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
George is a message of hope.
Part 1) How is he a message of hope? For whom is he a message of hope?
Part 2) Why might the playwrights be sending this message to the audience?
Part 3) Is this a realistic message? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
George produces the wrong movie.
Part 1) Describe the scene in which this is discovered.
Part 2) For what is this an analogy?
Part 3) What might be the playwrights' opinions of those with power, based on this play?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)