|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
2. What is this person's idea, regarding the new job?
3. Who works in this building?
4. What does the trio hope this very important person will do for them?
5. How is May feeling when she enters the scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the three primary characters?
2. How do they feel about the trip?
3. How does George, yet again, have good luck?
4. For whom do Jerry, May, and George wait? Why? What will this person do for them?
5. Where has this person that May recognizes been?
6. What is fortunate for the trio, regarding who May encounters on the trip?
7. What does Glogauer's secretary announce?
8. Describe George at this point in the play.
9. For what is May anxious in this first scene?
10. How do May and George feel about Jerry's good news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Geroge launches into Vail's speech.
Part 1) Describe Vail's speech.
Part 2) What is Mr. Glogauer's reaction to this speech? Are you surprised by his reaction? Why or why not?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on George using Vail's speech? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry, May, and George are centered with their priorities intact.
Part 1) Why might this be surprising?
Part 2) What message are the playwrights sending to the audience through the behaviors of these three characters?
Part 3) How does this reinforce one of the themes of this play?
Essay Topic 3
The main themes of the play are about loyalty and hope.
Part 1) How are these themes timeless?
Part 2) Give two examples from the play that support these themes.
Part 3) Why are these themes significant at the time the play is written?
This section contains 1,411 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)