|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen arrive?
2. The setting of this scene has a _________ interior.
3. Who rudely interrupts George from what he is happily doing?
4. What is THE JAZZ SINGER?
5. For whom is Susan perfect?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Glogauer react upon the completion of filming?
2. How does this good luck help the Glogauer Studios?
3. Describe the scene in the lobby.
4. Who is expected at any minute? What is he expected to do?
5. How does Mr. Glogauer respond to this announcement?
6. How does May feel about the diction school? How do the others react to her suspicions?
7. Who has a good idea? What is this idea? What do the others think about the idea?
8. Who does the trio meet on the train?
9. How does Glogauer respond to what George has to say?
10. How do they feel about the trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The playwright shows there are some redeeming qualities in the business of film.
Part 1) What are these redeeming qualities?
Part 2) Why is the trio good for the film industry?
Part 3) Are there good qualities in the film industry today? Is so, what are they? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
The characters are identified quite easily at the beginning of the play.
Part 1) By what are they identified?
Part 2) Describe each of the three main characters.
Part 3) Why would this play and these characters be appealing to a 1930s audience?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Glogauer does not like the Schlepkin brothers.
Part 1) Who are the Schlepkin brothers?
Part 2) Why does Mr. Glogauer not like them?
Part 3) How does this work in favor of the trio? What message does this send about people like the Schlepkin brothers?
This section contains 1,499 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)