|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what building is this interior located?
2. How powerful is this person that May encounters?
3. Where are the three headed?
4. According to Jerry, with what kind of news does he return?
5. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this scene open?
2. Describe George in the conversation between May, Jerry, and the person they encounter.
3. Where does this scene take place?
4. Describe the scene in the lobby.
5. What do the playwrights show about the film industry?
6. How does George feel about himself? What does Glogauer settle in to watch?
7. How do they feel about the trip?
8. What is so good about this person the trio meets on the train?
9. Who does the trio meet on the train?
10. Why does Mary feel hesitant and fearful? Should she feel this way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 1
George is a message of hope.
Part 1) How is he a message of hope? For whom is he a message of hope?
Part 2) Why might the playwrights be sending this message to the audience?
Part 3) Is this a realistic message? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Helen Hobart is a gossip columnist.
Part 1) How is she treated by those in the film industry, as well the general public? Why?
Part 2) Whys is she an important figure in Los Angeles culture?
Part 3) Does this career flourish today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Lawrence Vail is distraught over his career in Los Angeles.
Part 1) What is his career?
Part 2) Why is he distraught?
Part 3) Where does he end up, due to this anxiety and unhappiness? What does this say about writers and other artists?
This section contains 1,444 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)