|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who requests Mr. Glogauer's presence?
2. What do many people in Los Angeles want from this person that May encounters?
3. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
4. The setting of this scene has a _________ interior.
5. Who works in this building?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe George.
2. What happens when Glogauer finally emerges?
3. How are May's suspicions confirmed?
4. Describe how everyone feels on the set.
5. How does May feel about the diction school? How do the others react to her suspicions?
6. How is the trio's plan coming together?
7. Describe May.
8. How does Mr. Glogauer respond to this announcement?
9. How does Glogauer appear as he enters the scene? Why does he appear this way?
10. How do Helen and the trio act when Mr. Glogauer arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jerry, May, and George are centered with their priorities intact.
Part 1) Why might this be surprising?
Part 2) What message are the playwrights sending to the audience through the behaviors of these three characters?
Part 3) How does this reinforce one of the themes of this play?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Glogauer does not like the Schlepkin brothers.
Part 1) Who are the Schlepkin brothers?
Part 2) Why does Mr. Glogauer not like them?
Part 3) How does this work in favor of the trio? What message does this send about people like the Schlepkin brothers?
Essay Topic 3
The trio hatches a plan on the way to California.
Part 1) What is their plan?
Part 2) What is faulty about this plan?
Part 3) Is their plan successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)