|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what building is this interior located?
2. Where is George's new acquaintance headed?
3. What does this parade set off?
4. With what is this person struggling?
5. How does George compare to the fast talking May, Jerry, and Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mary and Jerry discuss, regarding George?
2. Describe the scene in the lobby.
3. How does May feel about the diction school? How do the others react to her suspicions?
4. What happens when Glogauer finally emerges?
5. How do Helen and the trio act when Mr. Glogauer arrives?
6. Describe May.
7. How does Glogauer react upon the completion of filming?
8. How does Glogauer appear as he enters the scene? Why does he appear this way?
9. Why does Mary feel hesitant and fearful? Should she feel this way? Why or why not?
10. Describe how the first scene opens.
Essay Topic 1
Geroge launches into Vail's speech.
Part 1) Describe Vail's speech.
Part 2) What is Mr. Glogauer's reaction to this speech? Are you surprised by his reaction? Why or why not?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on George using Vail's speech? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The trio hatches a plan on the way to California.
Part 1) What is their plan?
Part 2) What is faulty about this plan?
Part 3) Is their plan successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The characters are identified quite easily at the beginning of the play.
Part 1) By what are they identified?
Part 2) Describe each of the three main characters.
Part 3) Why would this play and these characters be appealing to a 1930s audience?
This section contains 1,550 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)