|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the trio feel about getting to their destination.
2. How is May feeling when she enters the scene?
3. Who joins Helen with the compliments and flattery towards this very important person?
4. Who announces that Mr. Glogauer's presence is requested?
5. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Jerry done this?
2. What happens the closer they get to Los Angeles?
3. What does Glogauer's secretary announce?
4. What happens when Glogauer finally emerges?
5. For whom do Jerry, May, and George wait? Why? What will this person do for them?
6. What does Vail tell George?
7. How does George feel about himself? What does Glogauer settle in to watch?
8. What has happened to George?
9. For what is May anxious in this first scene?
10. Describe the setting.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters are identified quite easily at the beginning of the play.
Part 1) By what are they identified?
Part 2) Describe each of the three main characters.
Part 3) Why would this play and these characters be appealing to a 1930s audience?
Essay Topic 2
George falls in love with Susan Walker.
Part 1) Who is Susan Walker? How does he meet her?
Part 2) Why does he fall in love with her? How do his feelings for Susan affect his friends?
Part 3) How does his love for her affect her life? Does she love him? Why might she love him?
Essay Topic 3
The playwright shows there are some redeeming qualities in the business of film.
Part 1) What are these redeeming qualities?
Part 2) Why is the trio good for the film industry?
Part 3) Are there good qualities in the film industry today? Is so, what are they? If not, why not?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)