|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they travel from one city to the next?
2. This idea began in New York, and to where is this new idea leading them?
3. Who announces that Mr. Glogauer's presence is requested?
4. As what do these people work in this building?
5. What has Jerry bought for the trio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a bellboy announce?
2. What does George tell Susan as the scene opens?
3. Where does this scene take place?
4. What does Vail tell George?
5. How are May's suspicions confirmed?
6. What is so good about this person the trio meets on the train?
7. What is wrong with the script?
8. Describe George in the conversation between May, Jerry, and the person they encounter.
9. How does May feel about the diction school? How do the others react to her suspicions?
10. Who has a good idea? What is this idea? What do the others think about the idea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The main themes of the play are about loyalty and hope.
Part 1) How are these themes timeless?
Part 2) Give two examples from the play that support these themes.
Part 3) Why are these themes significant at the time the play is written?
Essay Topic 2
The trio frequently has strokes of good luck.
Part 1) Give two examples of their good luck.
Part 2) What message does this luck send to the audience?
Part 3) Is luck how one becomes successful? Is this a typical belief? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
George produces the wrong movie.
Part 1) Describe the scene in which this is discovered.
Part 2) For what is this an analogy?
Part 3) What might be the playwrights' opinions of those with power, based on this play?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)