|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the trio have another?
2. On what will they capitalize, if they take this advice and create a new job for the trio?
3. For whom is May waiting?
4. What does this person that May encounters offer to do?
5. What were May and George hoping Jerry would land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the closer they get to Los Angeles?
2. For whom do Jerry, May, and George wait? Why? What will this person do for them?
3. Who works here? Why do they work here?
4. How does Glogauer react upon the completion of filming?
5. Describe George in the conversation between May, Jerry, and the person they encounter.
6. Who does George meet? Describe this person.
7. What do the playwrights show about the film industry?
8. What does Vail tell George?
9. What is fortunate for the trio, regarding who May encounters on the trip?
10. How does this good luck help the Glogauer Studios?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The trio's diction school is closed.
Part 1) What foreshadows this closing?
Part 2) What are several reasons for its failure?
Part 3) How does this trio regain success after the failure of their school?
Essay Topic 2
George falls in love with Susan Walker.
Part 1) Who is Susan Walker? How does he meet her?
Part 2) Why does he fall in love with her? How do his feelings for Susan affect his friends?
Part 3) How does his love for her affect her life? Does she love him? Why might she love him?
Essay Topic 3
Helen Hobart is a gossip columnist.
Part 1) How is she treated by those in the film industry, as well the general public? Why?
Part 2) Whys is she an important figure in Los Angeles culture?
Part 3) Does this career flourish today? Why or why not?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)