|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does George meet this person?
2. Who rudely interrupts George from what he is happily doing?
3. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
4. What kind of play is ONCE IN A LIFETIME?
5. Who announces that Mr. Glogauer's presence is requested?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George feel about himself? What does Glogauer settle in to watch?
2. How does Glogauer respond to what George has to say?
3. How does this scene open?
4. Where does this scene take place?
5. Why does Mary feel hesitant and fearful? Should she feel this way? Why or why not?
6. What does Vail tell George?
7. Describe May.
8. Who works here? Why do they work here?
9. What is so good about this person the trio meets on the train?
10. What is symbolism that is found in this scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
George is a message of hope.
Part 1) How is he a message of hope? For whom is he a message of hope?
Part 2) Why might the playwrights be sending this message to the audience?
Part 3) Is this a realistic message? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The playwright shows there are some redeeming qualities in the business of film.
Part 1) What are these redeeming qualities?
Part 2) Why is the trio good for the film industry?
Part 3) Are there good qualities in the film industry today? Is so, what are they? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
George produces the wrong movie.
Part 1) Describe the scene in which this is discovered.
Part 2) For what is this an analogy?
Part 3) What might be the playwrights' opinions of those with power, based on this play?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)