|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
2. Where are the three headed?
3. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
4. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
5. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe May.
2. What is Glogauer's reaction to this news?
3. How does Glogauer react upon the completion of filming?
4. Who does the trio meet on the train?
5. What has Jerry done to the trio?
6. What does May receive from George?
7. Describe George at this point in the play.
8. How are May's suspicions confirmed?
9. Why does Mary feel hesitant and fearful? Should she feel this way? Why or why not?
10. Describe the scene in the lobby.
Essay Topic 1
George is a message of hope.
Part 1) How is he a message of hope? For whom is he a message of hope?
Part 2) Why might the playwrights be sending this message to the audience?
Part 3) Is this a realistic message? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
George produces the wrong movie.
Part 1) Describe the scene in which this is discovered.
Part 2) For what is this an analogy?
Part 3) What might be the playwrights' opinions of those with power, based on this play?
Essay Topic 3
Hopeful actors and actresses work at the Hotel Stilton.
Part 1) What jobs do they have at the hotel? Why do they work here?
Part 2) Describe the Hotel Stilton.
Part 3) How does this hotel reflect Los Angeles life and the life of those in the film industry?
This section contains 1,458 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)