|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is May waiting?
2. What do many people in Los Angeles want from this person that May encounters?
3. What were May and George hoping Jerry would land?
4. Where does George meet this person?
5. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has this person that May recognizes been?
2. What makes Vail decide to leave?
3. How does this good luck help the Glogauer Studios?
4. How does Glogauer react upon the completion of filming?
5. What does Glogauer's secretary announce?
6. Describe the scene in the lobby.
7. How do Helen and the trio act when Mr. Glogauer arrives?
8. Describe George at this point in the play.
9. For whom do Jerry, May, and George wait? Why? What will this person do for them?
10. What does May discover about Jerry? What do these two realize about each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Geroge launches into Vail's speech.
Part 1) Describe Vail's speech.
Part 2) What is Mr. Glogauer's reaction to this speech? Are you surprised by his reaction? Why or why not?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on George using Vail's speech? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The playwright shows there are some redeeming qualities in the business of film.
Part 1) What are these redeeming qualities?
Part 2) Why is the trio good for the film industry?
Part 3) Are there good qualities in the film industry today? Is so, what are they? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Hopeful actors and actresses work at the Hotel Stilton.
Part 1) What jobs do they have at the hotel? Why do they work here?
Part 2) Describe the Hotel Stilton.
Part 3) How does this hotel reflect Los Angeles life and the life of those in the film industry?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)