|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are these New York performers headed there?
2. In what city is this building located?
3. Of the main characters, who is the worrier?
4. For whom are Jerry, May, and George waiting in this building?
5. The setting of this scene has a _________ interior.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is May doing at the beginning of the scene?
2. How do Helen and the trio act when Mr. Glogauer arrives?
3. Who does May recognize?
4. How are May's suspicions confirmed?
5. What happens at the end of the scene?
6. What is so good about this person the trio meets on the train?
7. What does May discover about Jerry? What do these two realize about each other?
8. What is fortunate for the trio, regarding who May encounters on the trip?
9. How does Helen arrive?
10. Who are the three primary characters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
George's presence is felt everywhere in the last scene.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) How does this add to the humor of the play?
Part 3) What does this say about people like George?
Essay Topic 2
The trio hatches a plan on the way to California.
Part 1) What is their plan?
Part 2) What is faulty about this plan?
Part 3) Is their plan successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Glogauer does not like the Schlepkin brothers.
Part 1) Who are the Schlepkin brothers?
Part 2) Why does Mr. Glogauer not like them?
Part 3) How does this work in favor of the trio? What message does this send about people like the Schlepkin brothers?
This section contains 1,423 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)