Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
2. Where are the three headed?
3. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
4. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
5. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe May.
2. What is Glogauer's reaction to this news?
3. How does Glogauer react upon the completion of filming?
4. Who does the trio meet on the train?
5. What has Jerry done to the trio?
6. What does May receive from George?
7. Describe George at this point in the play.
8. How are May's suspicions confirmed?
9. Why does Mary feel hesitant and fearful? Should she feel this way? Why or why not?
10. Describe the scene in the lobby.
Essay Topic 1
The characters travel by train several times.
Part 1) What are the purposes of these train rides?
Part 2) How does this frequent movement on the train reflect life in Los Angeles?
Part 3) How does the ease of traveling coast to coast and the advent of talkies reflect the changes in American life and culture?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Glogauer does not like the Schlepkin brothers.
Part 1) Who are the Schlepkin brothers?
Part 2) Why does Mr. Glogauer not like them?
Part 3) How does this work in favor of the trio? What message does this send about people like the Schlepkin brothers?
Essay Topic 3
The playwright shows there are some redeeming qualities in the business of film.
Part 1) What are these redeeming qualities?
Part 2) Why is the trio good for the film industry?
Part 3) Are there good qualities in the film industry today? Is so, what are they? If not, why not?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)