|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Helen's obsequious behavior come into play?
2. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
3. Who is this person that May encounters?
4. Describe Susan.
5. Who works in this building?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe George in the conversation between May, Jerry, and the person they encounter.
2. What do Mary and Jerry discuss, regarding George?
3. Who is expected at any minute? What is he expected to do?
4. Describe George.
5. How does George, yet again, have good luck?
6. How does this good luck help the Glogauer Studios?
7. Why has Jerry done this?
8. What has Jerry done to the trio?
9. For whom do Jerry, May, and George wait? Why? What will this person do for them?
10. Why does Mary feel hesitant and fearful? Should she feel this way? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The trio hatches a plan on the way to California.
Part 1) What is their plan?
Part 2) What is faulty about this plan?
Part 3) Is their plan successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Lawrence Vail is distraught over his career in Los Angeles.
Part 1) What is his career?
Part 2) Why is he distraught?
Part 3) Where does he end up, due to this anxiety and unhappiness? What does this say about writers and other artists?
Essay Topic 3
The trio's diction school is closed.
Part 1) What foreshadows this closing?
Part 2) What are several reasons for its failure?
Part 3) How does this trio regain success after the failure of their school?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)