|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is this very important person that Helen and the others compliment?
2. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
3. Which member of the trio is struggling on the trip across the country?
4. How do they travel from one city to the next?
5. On what will they capitalize, if they take this advice and create a new job for the trio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does May recognize?
2. What do the playwrights show about the film industry?
3. Describe how everyone feels on the set.
4. Describe George at this point in the play.
5. How does this good luck help the Glogauer Studios?
6. What does Vail tell George?
7. What has Jerry done to the trio?
8. What is wrong with the script?
9. Describe George in the conversation between May, Jerry, and the person they encounter.
10. How does this scene open?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Helen Hobart is a gossip columnist. Part 1) How is she treated by those in the film industry, as well the general public? Why? Part 2) Whys is she an important figure in Los Angeles culture? Part 3) Does this career flourish today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2The trio frequently has strokes of good luck. Part 1) Give two examples of their good luck. Part 2) What message does this luck send to the audience? Part 3) Is luck how one becomes successful? Is this a typical belief? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3The playwright shows there are some redeeming qualities in the business of film. Part 1) What are these redeeming qualities? Part 2) Why is the trio good for the film industry? Part 3) Are there good qualities in the film industry today? Is so, what are they? If not, why not?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)