|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is George's new acquaintance headed?
2. Where does George meet this person?
3. Who announces that Mr. Glogauer's presence is requested?
4. What sends Glogauer into fits?
5. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so good about this person the trio meets on the train?
2. How does Mr. Glogauer respond to this announcement?
3. Who is sitting and waiting in the beginning of the scene?
4. What does Glogauer's secretary announce?
5. How does Helen arrive?
6. Describe George at this point in the play.
7. What does May receive from George?
8. Who does May recognize?
9. Where does this scene take place?
10. What does Vail tell George?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The trio's diction school is closed.
Part 1) What foreshadows this closing?
Part 2) What are several reasons for its failure?
Part 3) How does this trio regain success after the failure of their school?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry, May, and George are centered with their priorities intact.
Part 1) Why might this be surprising?
Part 2) What message are the playwrights sending to the audience through the behaviors of these three characters?
Part 3) How does this reinforce one of the themes of this play?
Essay Topic 3
George's presence is felt everywhere in the last scene.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) How does this add to the humor of the play?
Part 3) What does this say about people like George?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)