|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is May waiting?
(a) She is waiting for Al Jolson to leave.
(b) She is waiting for their other partner, Jerry, to return.
(c) She is waiting for George to return.
(d) She is waiting for George to leave.
2. Who is this very important person that Helen and the others compliment?
(a) Mr. Glogauer
(b) The trio.
(c) Al Jolson.
3. How does the trio feel about their new idea, as they slowly traverse the land from one side of the continent to the other?
(a) They become more and more irritated.
(b) They become more and more nervous.
(c) They become more and more excited.
(d) They become more and more angry.
4. The setting of this scene has a _________ interior.
(b) Heavily gilded.
5. Why are these New York performers headed there?
(a) To make their fortune at the onset of talking pictures.
(b) To spend time on the beach.
(c) To see movie stars.
(d) To visit relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this person's idea, regarding the new job?
2. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
3. How does the trio feel about this person's offer?
4. Of what does the trio have another?
5. When was the decision to leave New York City made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does May receive from George?
2. What is Glogauer's reaction to this news?
3. Describe George.
4. How do Helen and the trio act when Mr. Glogauer arrives?
5. Who does George meet? Describe this person.
6. Describe how the first scene opens.
7. Why has Jerry done this?
8. How does May feel about the diction school? How do the others react to her suspicions?
9. How does Glogauer respond to what George has to say?
10. What does Glogauer's secretary announce?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)