|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do May and George think of Jerry's news?
(a) It is not what they are expecting.
(b) It is what they were hoping for.
(c) They are shocked and appalled.
(d) They are angered by this news.
2. What can this person that May encounters do to someone's career?
(a) Make it legitimate.
(b) Break it.
(c) Make or break it.
(d) Make it.
3. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
(a) An acting studio.
(b) A social club.
(c) A fast friendship.
(d) A mutual hatred.
4. How does the trio feel about this person's offer?
(a) They do not like it.
(b) They like it.
(c) They do not understand it.
(d) They are not sure about it.
5. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
(a) Found a new theatre for them to perform in.
(b) He has sold the vaudeville act.
(c) He has landed them roles in a Broadway play.
(d) He has found a new agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this person that May encounters want in exchange?
2. Who rudely interrupts George from what he is happily doing?
3. For whom is May waiting?
4. What is THE JAZZ SINGER?
5. How does the trio feel about their new idea, as they slowly traverse the land from one side of the continent to the other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how everyone feels on the set.
2. What has happened to the original plan during the trio's travel?
3. What is Glogauer's reaction to this news?
4. What is so good about this person the trio meets on the train?
5. What happens the closer they get to Los Angeles?
6. Who does May recognize?
7. What is symbolism that is found in this scene?
8. What does George tell Susan as the scene opens?
9. How is the trio's plan coming together?
10. Describe the scene in the lobby.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)