|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
(a) They are greeted by friendly celebrities.
(b) They are chased by the animals in the parade.
(c) They are treated like celebrities.
(d) They are more often than not rebuffed by the silent celebrities.
2. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
(a) Jerry and May are hesitant to agree to the idea.
(b) Jerry and George agree that it seems like a monumental idea .
(c) May and George refuse to go along with the plan.
(d) Helen and May are nervous about the idea.
3. Why do they work these jobs in this building?
(a) To see shows for free.
(b) In the hopes of being discovered by some movie industry executive.
(c) To earn a large income.
(d) In the hopes of creating a popular movie.
4. How does the trio feel about their new idea, as they slowly traverse the land from one side of the continent to the other?
(a) They become more and more irritated.
(b) They become more and more excited.
(c) They become more and more nervous.
(d) They become more and more angry.
5. What does this parade set off?
(a) An interest in parades.
(b) The fire alarm.
(c) The holiday season.
(d) Squeals from autograph seekers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the trio is struggling on the trip across the country?
2. What are the Schlepkin brothers to Glogauer?
3. In what city is this building located?
4. Why does Glogauer agree to the diction school?
5. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen arrive?
2. Who is expected at any minute? What is he expected to do?
3. Who does George meet? Describe this person.
4. What has happened to the original plan during the trio's travel?
5. Why has Jerry done this?
6. What does George tell Susan as the scene opens?
7. Describe the setting.
8. What do the playwrights show about the film industry?
9. What has Jerry done to the trio?
10. What is so good about this person the trio meets on the train?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)