|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
(a) Flirting with young actresses.
(b) Thumbing through a copy of Variety magazine.
(c) Reading a new script.
(d) Watching television.
2. Who is also dining at the hotel tonight and for whom Mr. Glogauer does not care?
(a) The twelve Schlepkin brothers.
(b) Vivian Leigh.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Ethel Merman.
3. How is May feeling when she enters the scene?
4. Why does Glogauer agree to the diction school?
(a) He wants to practice his own diction.
(b) So he can send them to the Schlepkin brothers.
(c) He wants actors and actresses who speak well.
(d) So that he can take the lead by training his actors and actresses.
5. How have the Schlepkin brothers had ruthless and relentless success in the industry lately?
(a) With Ethel Merman, their new star.
(b) With Al Jolson and the talking picture.
(c) Their new silent film.
(d) With the new trio they have just hired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made this decision to leave New York City?
2. Where are the three headed?
3. Who rudely interrupts George from what he is happily doing?
4. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
5. Where are the New York stage performers headed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Glogauer's reaction to this news?
2. How do May and George feel about Jerry's good news?
3. What is May doing at the beginning of the scene?
4. Who are the three primary characters?
5. What does George tell Susan as the scene opens?
6. Describe George.
7. Who does George meet? Describe this person.
8. Where has this person that May recognizes been?
9. Where does this scene take place?
10. How do they feel about the trip?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)