|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is this very important person that Helen and the others compliment?
(a) Mr. Glogauer
(b) The trio.
(d) Al Jolson.
2. What do May and George think of Jerry's news?
(a) They are shocked and appalled.
(b) It is what they were hoping for.
(c) It is not what they are expecting.
(d) They are angered by this news.
3. What comes with the advent of the talkie, according to Jerry?
(a) There is a fortune to be made.
(b) New people to meet.
(c) New lessons to learn.
(d) Exciting new careers.
4. How do they feel at first about Jerry's news?
(b) Somewhat surprised.
5. Which member of the trio is struggling on the trip across the country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works in this building?
2. On what will they capitalize, if they take this advice and create a new job for the trio?
3. In what city is this building located?
4. According to Jerry, with what kind of news does he return?
5. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Vail decide to leave?
2. What does Glogauer's secretary announce?
3. What does a bellboy announce?
4. What is wrong with the script?
5. Who has a good idea? What is this idea? What do the others think about the idea?
6. How does May feel about the diction school? How do the others react to her suspicions?
7. What is May doing at the beginning of the scene?
8. How does this scene open?
9. For what is May anxious in this first scene?
10. How does Helen arrive?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)