|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is this person's idea, regarding the new job?
(a) Directing movies.
(b) Buying a theatre.
(c) Opening a diction school for actors.
(d) Taking their vaudeville act on the road.
2. Why does Glogauer agree to the diction school?
(a) He wants to practice his own diction.
(b) So that he can take the lead by training his actors and actresses.
(c) So he can send them to the Schlepkin brothers.
(d) He wants actors and actresses who speak well.
3. When does Helen's obsequious behavior come into play?
(a) When Mr. Glogauer leaves.
(b) When the trio arrives.
(c) When the Schlepkin brothers arrive.
(d) When Mr. Glogauer arrives.
4. Why do they work these jobs in this building?
(a) In the hopes of creating a popular movie.
(b) To see shows for free.
(c) To earn a large income.
(d) In the hopes of being discovered by some movie industry executive.
5. Who is this very important person that Helen and the others compliment?
(b) Al Jolson.
(c) The trio.
(d) Mr. Glogauer
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Jerry Hyland.
2. What is the name of the person George meets?
3. To whom will this person introduce the trio?
4. Who does George meet, while traveling across the continent with the trio?
5. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Glogauer's reaction to this news?
2. Where does this scene take place?
3. For whom do Jerry, May, and George wait? Why? What will this person do for them?
4. How does Glogauer respond to what George has to say?
5. What has Jerry done to the trio?
6. What does George tell Susan as the scene opens?
7. What happens the closer they get to Los Angeles?
8. What makes Vail decide to leave?
9. Why has Jerry done this?
10. Describe the scene in the lobby.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)