|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this parade set off?
(a) An interest in parades.
(b) Squeals from autograph seekers.
(c) The holiday season.
(d) The fire alarm.
2. Of the main characters, who is the worrier?
(a) Jerry Hyland.
(b) May Daniels.
(c) Al Jolson.
(d) George Lewis.
3. Why are these New York performers headed there?
(a) To spend time on the beach.
(b) To visit relatives.
(c) To make their fortune at the onset of talking pictures.
(d) To see movie stars.
4. What do May and George think of Jerry's news?
(a) They are shocked and appalled.
(b) It is what they were hoping for.
(c) It is not what they are expecting.
(d) They are angered by this news.
5. The setting of this scene has a _________ interior.
(d) Heavily gilded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is THE JAZZ SINGER?
2. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
3. What were May and George hoping Jerry would land?
4. Who is this person that May encounters?
5. How do they travel from one city to the next?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what is May anxious in this first scene?
2. Describe George at this point in the play.
3. How does Helen arrive?
4. What does Glogauer's secretary announce?
5. What has happened to the original plan during the trio's travel?
6. How do Helen and the trio act when Mr. Glogauer arrives?
7. Who are the three primary characters?
8. What does May receive from George?
9. Why has Jerry done this?
10. What has Jerry done to the trio?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)