|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jerry bought for the trio?
(a) A vaudeville act.
(b) A bus.
(c) Tickets for the three of them on the next train to Hollywood.
(d) A theatre.
2. Of what does the trio have another?
(a) Train to catch.
(b) Train ride.
(c) New plan.
(d) Stroke of good luck.
3. How is May feeling when she enters the scene?
4. Why are these New York performers headed there?
(a) To visit relatives.
(b) To make their fortune at the onset of talking pictures.
(c) To spend time on the beach.
(d) To see movie stars.
5. For whom is May waiting?
(a) She is waiting for Al Jolson to leave.
(b) She is waiting for George to return.
(c) She is waiting for their other partner, Jerry, to return.
(d) She is waiting for George to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the main characters, who is the worrier?
2. When was the decision to leave New York City made?
3. How do they feel at first about Jerry's news?
4. What does this person that May encounters offer to do?
5. How does Helen arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Jerry done to the trio?
2. How does Glogauer appear as he enters the scene? Why does he appear this way?
3. What happens when Glogauer finally emerges?
4. What has happened to George?
5. What is so good about this person the trio meets on the train?
6. Describe May.
7. For whom do Jerry, May, and George wait? Why? What will this person do for them?
8. What does May discover about Jerry? What do these two realize about each other?
9. How do Helen and the trio act when Mr. Glogauer arrives?
10. Why does Mary feel hesitant and fearful? Should she feel this way? Why or why not?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)