|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this decision to leave made, according to Jerry?
(a) He is tired of New York City.
(b) He wants to be on Broadway.
(c) They can earn a great deal of money.
(d) They could be successful in Chicago.
2. What happens to Jerry's plan, while traveling to the trio's new destination?
(a) There are no glitches.
(b) It falls short.
(c) It is not at all successful.
(d) It is very successful.
3. For whom are Jerry, May, and George waiting in this building?
(a) The Schlepkin brothers.
(b) Mr. Glogauer.
(c) Mae West.
4. This idea began in New York, and to where is this new idea leading them?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Santa Monica.
5. Who works in this building?
(a) Hopeful actors and actresses.
(c) Native New Yorkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sends Glogauer into fits?
2. What comes with the advent of the talkie, according to Jerry?
3. What is the name of the person George meets?
4. What does this person that May encounters offer to do?
5. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does May discover about Jerry? What do these two realize about each other?
2. Who has a good idea? What is this idea? What do the others think about the idea?
3. What does Glogauer's secretary announce?
4. Why has Jerry done this?
5. Describe how everyone feels on the set.
6. Where does this scene take place?
7. What has happened to George?
8. How does Glogauer respond to what George has to say?
9. What happens when Glogauer finally emerges?
10. What does George tell Susan as the scene opens?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)