|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does May know this person?
(a) The two went to school together.
(b) She has seen him every day she rides the bus.
(c) She had met him previously.
(d) She is the woman who drives May around town.
2. Of what does George remind Glogauer, after Glogauer says why he does not want Susan as the country girl?
(a) He trusts George.
(b) Susan is perfect for the role.
(c) His failure to have bought Vitaphone.
(d) He needs to be paid.
3. What is somewhat sad about this trip?
(a) It was only yesterday that she made the same trip.
(b) It had not been that long ago that they had been headed to California full of hope.
(c) It is her last trip home.
(d) It is the first trip she has ever been on.
4. What Is May's intent for the movie industry?
(a) To lower the salaries.
(b) To make sure the actresses are both beautiful and intelligent.
(c) To makes some long, overdue changes to the mechanics of it.
(d) To only employ kind people.
5. What do May and Jerry discuss regarding George's first film effort?
(a) The beautiful scenery.
(b) The numerous flaws.
(c) The choice of actors and actresses.
(d) His talent.
6. Why does May feel this way?
(a) She is reading the reviews of George's movie.
(b) She is ready to be back home.
(c) She misses Jerry.
(d) She is upset that the school did not last.
7. Where is this scene set?
(a) A train.
(b) New York.
(c) In the Glogauer Studios reception area.
(d) The Hotel Stilton.
8. Why does Glogauer not want Susan to play the role of the country girl?
(a) She is not pretty enough.
(b) He wants an established star.
(c) He wants a girl who is somewhat scandalous.
(d) She is not intelligent enough.
9. With whom does George feel this way?
(c) Mr. Glogauer.
10. What does George ask of May?
(a) To open Glogauer Studios in New York.
(b) To stay in New York.
(c) If he can stay with her for awhile.
(d) To return to Hollywood.
11. What does Glogauer plan to present to George?
(a) An award.
(b) A dinnerware set.
(c) A bonus.
(d) A statue.
12. What is Susan able to do well?
(b) Say her one line.
13. Where does Vail head after leaving Los Angeles?
(a) To Colorado.
(b) To Florida.
(c) Back to the East coast.
(d) Back to Los Angeles.
14. Where is this feeling felt?
(a) On the set.
(b) In the restaurant.
(c) On the train.
(d) In the car.
15. Who joins May on her trip?
(b) Jerry and George.
(c) Mr. Glogauer.
(d) The twelve Schlepkin brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Glogauer feel when he makes his discovery regarding the scene?
2. What does Glogauer discover about George after watching the scene?
3. Why does Jerry give no credence to May's worries?
4. Why is this significant for Susan Walker?
5. Who has been cast as a simple, country girl in the next movie?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)