|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been cast as a simple, country girl in the next movie?
(a) A scandalous actress.
2. What do May and Jerry leave to do, after they receive the news from Helen Hobart?
(a) Go to work.
(b) Speak with Mr. Glogauer.
(c) Find new students.
(d) Pack up their things.
3. How is George to everything, other than his love for Susan and his efforts to make her a talking picture movie star?
4. What is shocking about this presentation to George?
(a) It is solid platinum.
(b) It is a 106-piece, solid gold dinnerware set.
(c) It is more than anyone's salary.
(d) It is as tall as the building.
5. What is Susan able to do well?
(b) Say her one line.
6. What has Lawrence Vail, a playwright, been waiting for days to do?
(a) To see Mr. Glogauer.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Write a play.
(d) Leave for New York.
7. What happens at the end of this scene?
(a) May quits.
(b) George is promoted.
(c) Jerry, May, and George are fired.
(d) Mr. Glogauer quits.
8. How is George feeling at this moment?
(a) Extremely shocked.
(b) Very surprised.
(c) Immensely pleased.
(d) Very nervous.
9. When was this script last used?
(a) Last week.
(b) Twenty years ago.
(c) Six months ago.
(d) Two years ago.
10. How does May know this person?
(a) The two went to school together.
(b) She is the woman who drives May around town.
(c) She has seen him every day she rides the bus.
(d) She had met him previously.
11. What does May feel on part of her trip back, which fits her personality?
(a) Hesitancy and fear.
12. Who is expected to arrive on the set?
(c) Mr. Glogauer.
13. What has this person been doing since the last time May saw him or her?
(b) Driving cars.
(d) Flying planes.
14. Why does May feel this way?
(a) She is reading the reviews of George's movie.
(b) She is ready to be back home.
(c) She is upset that the school did not last.
(d) She misses Jerry.
15. Why is this significant for Susan Walker?
(a) She has never walked out of a movie set.
(b) It is her first movie.
(c) She is not a good actress.
(d) It is her last movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Susan dressed?
2. Why does Glogauer not want Susan to play the role of the country girl?
3. Of what does George remind Glogauer, after Glogauer says why he does not want Susan as the country girl?
4. How is the picture finishing?
5. What does May learn about George's movie?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)