|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Susan Walker about to do at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Leave the set.
(b) Have her acting debut.
(c) Shoot the last scene.
(d) Shoot the first scene.
2. Where does May go?
(a) Back to Los Angeles.
(b) Back to her apartment.
(c) Back to Chicago.
(d) Back to New York.
3. How is George to everything, other than his love for Susan and his efforts to make her a talking picture movie star?
4. What does Vail share with George, while they are sitting in the room?
(a) His secrets to being a successful playwright.
(b) His angst about being hired as a playwright, leaving his home in New York and coming to work at a job where he has nothing to do.
(c) A car on the train.
(d) A sandwich.
5. What does Vail continue, while sitting with George?
(a) His soapbox speech.
(b) Telling George jokes.
6. How does Glogauer feel when he makes his discovery regarding the scene?
7. Who joins May on her trip?
(a) Mr. Glogauer.
(b) The twelve Schlepkin brothers.
(d) Jerry and George.
8. Susan is beautiful but ____________.
(b) Not at all bright.
9. With whom is George waiting in the reception area when Glogauer finally emerges?
(b) No one.
10. What does there not seem to be much of in this room?
11. What is evidenced when Susan speaks almost anything?
(a) She has a speech impediment.
(b) She is not bright.
(c) She is very intelligent.
(d) English is not her first language.
12. Why is this significant for Susan Walker?
(a) She has never walked out of a movie set.
(b) It is her last movie.
(c) She is not a good actress.
(d) It is her first movie.
13. How is Susan dressed?
(a) Like a bride.
(b) Like a secretary.
(c) Like a flapper.
(d) Like a cow girl.
14. What do May and Jerry discuss regarding George's first film effort?
(a) The beautiful scenery.
(b) The numerous flaws.
(c) The choice of actors and actresses.
(d) His talent.
15. What is ironic about how she gets where she is going?
(a) It is the same car her father drives.
(b) It is the bus she takes every day.
(c) It is the same plane she took to California.
(d) It is the same Pullman car that brought her to California.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is George feeling?
2. What does Glogauer plan to present to George?
3. What is Susan able to do well?
4. Who has been cast as a simple, country girl in the next movie?
5. Where is this feeling felt?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)