|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Lawrence Vail, a playwright, been waiting for days to do?
(a) Leave for New York.
(b) To see Mr. Glogauer.
(c) Write a play.
(d) Go to sleep.
2. From where is the script for this movie?
(a) A new Al Jolson movie.
(b) An unsuccessful film.
(c) The Schlepkin brothers.
(d) A New York play.
3. How is George feeling?
4. For what is George going to be commended by this person?
(a) His management success.
(b) His kindness.
(c) His acting abilities.
(d) His directing success.
5. What overshadows May and Jerry's discontent?
(a) Glogauer's appearance.
(b) George's appearance.
(c) Helen's appearance.
(d) Clark Gable's appearance.
6. What is shocking about this presentation to George?
(a) It is as tall as the building.
(b) It is a 106-piece, solid gold dinnerware set.
(c) It is solid platinum.
(d) It is more than anyone's salary.
7. Who is this person that she knows?
(a) Lawrence Vail.
(b) Laurie DeVito.
(c) Larry Bird.
(d) Lauryn Hill.
8. What has this person been doing since the last time May saw him or her?
(c) Flying planes.
(d) Driving cars.
9. Where does May go?
(a) Back to her apartment.
(b) Back to Los Angeles.
(c) Back to New York.
(d) Back to Chicago.
10. How is the picture finishing?
(a) Ahead of schedule and under budget.
(b) Behind schedule and over budget.
(c) Behind schedule and under budget.
(d) Ahead of schedule and over budget.
11. Why does May feel this way?
(a) She is upset that the school did not last.
(b) She is reading the reviews of George's movie.
(c) She is ready to be back home.
(d) She misses Jerry.
12. What does George plan to begin immediately as head of studio productions?
(a) Writing a new movie plot.
(b) Launch the public relations that will make her a star.
(c) Filming a movie.
(d) Hiring new actors and actresses.
13. What is George's first act of business as the head of studio productions?
(a) Hug Glogauer.
(b) Call his friends.
(c) Build a new studio.
(d) Hire Susan for the role of the country girl.
14. What is Vitaphone?
(a) A new hair product used by Hollywood actresses.
(b) The company that brings sound to movies.
(c) A vitamin company.
(d) A new telephone company.
15. Why would this person be allowed in this place?
(a) He is a playwright.
(b) She has lived here her whole life.
(c) It is very inspirational.
(d) He loves this city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Susan Walker about to do at the beginning of this scene?
2. Where is this feeling felt?
3. What does Vail continue, while sitting with George?
4. Who has been cast as a simple, country girl in the next movie?
5. What concern does May share with George and Jerry?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)