|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is George feeling?
2. What does Glogauer recognize in George, after hearing George's speech?
(b) Insight and courage.
3. How is George feeling at this moment?
(a) Extremely shocked.
(b) Very surprised.
(c) Very nervous.
(d) Immensely pleased.
4. What is Vitaphone?
(a) A new telephone company.
(b) The company that brings sound to movies.
(c) A new hair product used by Hollywood actresses.
(d) A vitamin company.
5. What has this person been doing since the last time May saw him or her?
(a) Driving cars.
(c) Flying planes.
6. Susan is beautiful but ____________.
(a) Not at all bright.
7. What is somewhat sad about this trip?
(a) It had not been that long ago that they had been headed to California full of hope.
(b) It is her last trip home.
(c) It is the first trip she has ever been on.
(d) It was only yesterday that she made the same trip.
8. Who is this person that she knows?
(a) Lauryn Hill.
(b) Lawrence Vail.
(c) Laurie DeVito.
(d) Larry Bird.
9. What is Glogauer settling in to watch?
(a) The filming of the first scene.
(b) A rough edited version of his movie.
(c) The filming of the entire movie.
(d) The filming of the last scene.
10. Into what does George launch to convince Glogauer to hire Susan as the country girl?
(a) Vail's speech.
(d) A new movie idea.
11. What appears to be led by buffoons, according to Vail?
(a) The New York theatre scene.
(b) The state of California.
(c) The movie making industry.
(d) The train company.
12. With whom is George waiting in the reception area when Glogauer finally emerges?
(b) No one.
13. What does George plan to begin immediately as head of studio productions?
(a) Writing a new movie plot.
(b) Hiring new actors and actresses.
(c) Launch the public relations that will make her a star.
(d) Filming a movie.
14. Where is this scene set?
(a) A train.
(b) The Hotel Stilton.
(c) In the Glogauer Studios reception area.
(d) New York.
15. Why is this significant for Susan Walker?
(a) She has never walked out of a movie set.
(b) She is not a good actress.
(c) It is her first movie.
(d) It is her last movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Should May feel this way regarding George? Why?
2. What does May believe will be dismal regarding George?
3. What does Glogauer plan to present to George?
4. What is Susan Walker about to do at the beginning of this scene?
5. How is Susan dressed?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)