|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is this person expected to arrive on the set?
(a) One week.
(b) Next month.
(c) Any minute.
2. What does Vail share with George, while they are sitting in the room?
(a) His angst about being hired as a playwright, leaving his home in New York and coming to work at a job where he has nothing to do.
(b) His secrets to being a successful playwright.
(c) A car on the train.
(d) A sandwich.
3. Why does May feel this way?
(a) She is upset that the school did not last.
(b) She is ready to be back home.
(c) She is reading the reviews of George's movie.
(d) She misses Jerry.
4. With whom is George waiting in the reception area when Glogauer finally emerges?
(a) No one.
5. What is somewhat sad about this trip?
(a) It was only yesterday that she made the same trip.
(b) It is her last trip home.
(c) It is the first trip she has ever been on.
(d) It had not been that long ago that they had been headed to California full of hope.
6. How does May get where she is going?
(a) In a bus.
(b) In a Pullman car.
(c) In her car.
(d) In an airplane.
7. What is constantly happening in this room?
8. How is George feeling?
9. Who joins May on her trip?
(a) Mr. Glogauer.
(c) The twelve Schlepkin brothers.
(d) Jerry and George.
10. What has Lawrence Vail, a playwright, been waiting for days to do?
(a) Leave for New York.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) To see Mr. Glogauer.
(d) Write a play.
11. Susan is beautiful but ____________.
(c) Not at all bright.
12. What does there not seem to be much of in this room?
13. What does Vail continue, while sitting with George?
(a) His soapbox speech.
(d) Telling George jokes.
14. What overshadows May and Jerry's discontent?
(a) Glogauer's appearance.
(b) Helen's appearance.
(c) George's appearance.
(d) Clark Gable's appearance.
15. Why is this significant for Susan Walker?
(a) She has never walked out of a movie set.
(b) It is her first movie.
(c) It is her last movie.
(d) She is not a good actress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Susan able to do well?
2. What is George's first act of business as the head of studio productions?
3. In what is Glogauer engaged, when he emerges?
4. What appears to be led by buffoons, according to Vail?
5. With whom does George feel this way?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)