|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vitaphone?
(a) A new hair product used by Hollywood actresses.
(b) The company that brings sound to movies.
(c) A new telephone company.
(d) A vitamin company.
2. Where will May learn information that concerns her regarding George?
(a) From a telegraph.
(b) Her first day back in New York.
(c) On the television.
(d) In the Los Angeles newspapers.
3. How does May get where she is going?
(a) In a Pullman car.
(b) In her car.
(c) In a bus.
(d) In an airplane.
4. How is Susan dressed?
(a) Like a flapper.
(b) Like a secretary.
(c) Like a bride.
(d) Like a cow girl.
5. Who has been cast as a simple, country girl in the next movie?
(c) A scandalous actress.
6. What happens at the end of this scene?
(a) Jerry, May, and George are fired.
(b) May quits.
(c) Mr. Glogauer quits.
(d) George is promoted.
7. Why does May feel this way?
(a) She is reading the reviews of George's movie.
(b) She misses Jerry.
(c) She is upset that the school did not last.
(d) She is ready to be back home.
8. What concern does May share with George and Jerry?
(a) George is no longer working at the school.
(b) She does not enjoy her job.
(c) She wants to go back to New York.
(d) That the screen tests of their first pupils have not been received favorably by Mr. Glogauer.
9. What is ironic about how she gets where she is going?
(a) It is the bus she takes every day.
(b) It is the same car her father drives.
(c) It is the same plane she took to California.
(d) It is the same Pullman car that brought her to California.
10. What does Vail share with George, while they are sitting in the room?
(a) His secrets to being a successful playwright.
(b) A car on the train.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) His angst about being hired as a playwright, leaving his home in New York and coming to work at a job where he has nothing to do.
11. Susan is beautiful but ____________.
(c) Not at all bright.
12. What does May feel on part of her trip back, which fits her personality?
(b) Hesitancy and fear.
13. What is George's first act of business as the head of studio productions?
(a) Hug Glogauer.
(b) Call his friends.
(c) Build a new studio.
(d) Hire Susan for the role of the country girl.
14. How does Glogauer feel when he makes his discovery regarding the scene?
15. What has Lawrence Vail, a playwright, been waiting for days to do?
(a) Leave for New York.
(b) To see Mr. Glogauer.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Write a play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to be led by buffoons, according to Vail?
2. When was this script last used?
3. Where has this person been doing this?
4. How is George to everything, other than his love for Susan and his efforts to make her a talking picture movie star?
5. How is George feeling?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)