|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Susan is beautiful but ____________.
(d) Not at all bright.
2. What does Glogauer plan to present to George?
(a) A bonus.
(b) A statue.
(c) A dinnerware set.
(d) An award.
3. What is George's first act of business as the head of studio productions?
(a) Call his friends.
(b) Hire Susan for the role of the country girl.
(c) Hug Glogauer.
(d) Build a new studio.
4. What appears to be led by buffoons, according to Vail?
(a) The movie making industry.
(b) The train company.
(c) The New York theatre scene.
(d) The state of California.
5. Why does Jerry give no credence to May's worries?
(a) He does not want to go back to New York.
(b) He is always positive.
(c) He believes their school is good.
(d) He is fully immersed in Hollywood mode.
6. What has Vail not been given in the six months he has been in Hollywood?
(a) A home.
(b) His pay.
(d) An assignment.
7. How is Susan dressed?
(a) Like a cow girl.
(b) Like a secretary.
(c) Like a bride.
(d) Like a flapper.
8. What does Vail continue, while sitting with George?
(a) His soapbox speech.
(c) Telling George jokes.
9. What does George ask of May?
(a) If he can stay with her for awhile.
(b) To stay in New York.
(c) To open Glogauer Studios in New York.
(d) To return to Hollywood.
10. What is Susan able to do well?
(b) Say her one line.
11. Should May feel this way regarding George? Why?
(a) No, even though his movie is a failure.
(b) No, her feelings are unfounded.
(c) No, she had a good life in New York.
(d) No, she is just upset.
12. What does Vail share with George, while they are sitting in the room?
(a) A car on the train.
(b) His secrets to being a successful playwright.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) His angst about being hired as a playwright, leaving his home in New York and coming to work at a job where he has nothing to do.
13. Where does Vail head after leaving Los Angeles?
(a) Back to the East coast.
(b) To Colorado.
(c) Back to Los Angeles.
(d) To Florida.
14. Where will May learn information that concerns her regarding George?
(a) Her first day back in New York.
(b) From a telegraph.
(c) In the Los Angeles newspapers.
(d) On the television.
15. What is unique about where this person has been?
(a) It caters only to playwrights.
(b) It is surrounded by mountains and the ocean.
(c) It is filled with celebrities.
(d) It has the tallest buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does May recognize on this trip?
2. What has Lawrence Vail, a playwright, been waiting for days to do?
3. May's suspicions about what are confirmed by Helen Hobart?
4. How is George to everything, other than his love for Susan and his efforts to make her a talking picture movie star?
5. What does there not seem to be much of in this room?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)