|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is evidenced when Susan speaks almost anything?
(a) English is not her first language.
(b) She has a speech impediment.
(c) She is not bright.
(d) She is very intelligent.
2. What is Glogauer settling in to watch?
(a) A rough edited version of his movie.
(b) The filming of the first scene.
(c) The filming of the entire movie.
(d) The filming of the last scene.
3. What concern does May share with George and Jerry?
(a) That the screen tests of their first pupils have not been received favorably by Mr. Glogauer.
(b) She wants to go back to New York.
(c) She does not enjoy her job.
(d) George is no longer working at the school.
4. How is the picture finishing?
(a) Ahead of schedule and under budget.
(b) Behind schedule and under budget.
(c) Behind schedule and over budget.
(d) Ahead of schedule and over budget.
5. What does Vail share with George, while they are sitting in the room?
(a) His secrets to being a successful playwright.
(b) His angst about being hired as a playwright, leaving his home in New York and coming to work at a job where he has nothing to do.
(c) A car on the train.
(d) A sandwich.
6. When was this script last used?
(a) Last week.
(b) Six months ago.
(c) Twenty years ago.
(d) Two years ago.
7. What is unique about where this person has been?
(a) It is filled with celebrities.
(b) It has the tallest buildings.
(c) It caters only to playwrights.
(d) It is surrounded by mountains and the ocean.
8. What do May and Jerry leave to do, after they receive the news from Helen Hobart?
(a) Pack up their things.
(b) Speak with Mr. Glogauer.
(c) Go to work.
(d) Find new students.
9. How is Susan dressed?
(a) Like a cow girl.
(b) Like a bride.
(c) Like a flapper.
(d) Like a secretary.
10. How does May get where she is going?
(a) In a bus.
(b) In a Pullman car.
(c) In her car.
(d) In an airplane.
11. Who is expected to arrive on the set?
(d) Mr. Glogauer.
12. How is George to everything, other than his love for Susan and his efforts to make her a talking picture movie star?
13. In what is Glogauer engaged, when he emerges?
(a) A relationship with Susan.
(b) A dinner meeting with some movie executives.
(c) An argument with the director of his next picture.
(d) A discussion about going back to New York with May.
14. May's suspicions about what are confirmed by Helen Hobart?
(a) She has a new job in New York.
(b) Vaudeville is over.
(c) George has quit.
(d) The closing of the diction school.
15. What does George ask of May?
(a) To return to Hollywood.
(b) To stay in New York.
(c) If he can stay with her for awhile.
(d) To open Glogauer Studios in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does George feel this way?
2. What is George's first act of business as the head of studio productions?
3. How is George feeling?
4. What does there not seem to be much of in this room?
5. What does Glogauer discover about George after watching the scene?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)