|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the picture finishing?
(a) Ahead of schedule and over budget.
(b) Behind schedule and over budget.
(c) Behind schedule and under budget.
(d) Ahead of schedule and under budget.
2. What does May feel on part of her trip back, which fits her personality?
(a) Hesitancy and fear.
3. Where is this feeling felt?
(a) In the car.
(b) On the train.
(c) On the set.
(d) In the restaurant.
4. What is somewhat sad about this trip?
(a) It was only yesterday that she made the same trip.
(b) It had not been that long ago that they had been headed to California full of hope.
(c) It is her last trip home.
(d) It is the first trip she has ever been on.
5. What has Lawrence Vail, a playwright, been waiting for days to do?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) To see Mr. Glogauer.
(c) Write a play.
(d) Leave for New York.
6. What does Glogauer recognize in George, after hearing George's speech?
(c) Insight and courage.
7. What is George's first act of business as the head of studio productions?
(a) Call his friends.
(b) Build a new studio.
(c) Hug Glogauer.
(d) Hire Susan for the role of the country girl.
8. What is Vitaphone?
(a) A vitamin company.
(b) A new hair product used by Hollywood actresses.
(c) A new telephone company.
(d) The company that brings sound to movies.
9. What do May and Jerry discuss regarding George's first film effort?
(a) The numerous flaws.
(b) The beautiful scenery.
(c) His talent.
(d) The choice of actors and actresses.
10. What is Susan Walker about to do at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Have her acting debut.
(b) Shoot the last scene.
(c) Shoot the first scene.
(d) Leave the set.
11. In what is Glogauer engaged, when he emerges?
(a) A discussion about going back to New York with May.
(b) An argument with the director of his next picture.
(c) A dinner meeting with some movie executives.
(d) A relationship with Susan.
12. What happens at the end of this scene?
(a) George is promoted.
(b) Jerry, May, and George are fired.
(c) May quits.
(d) Mr. Glogauer quits.
13. Why does Glogauer not want Susan to play the role of the country girl?
(a) He wants an established star.
(b) She is not intelligent enough.
(c) She is not pretty enough.
(d) He wants a girl who is somewhat scandalous.
14. What do May and Jerry leave to do, after they receive the news from Helen Hobart?
(a) Find new students.
(b) Go to work.
(c) Speak with Mr. Glogauer.
(d) Pack up their things.
15. What is Glogauer settling in to watch?
(a) The filming of the entire movie.
(b) A rough edited version of his movie.
(c) The filming of the last scene.
(d) The filming of the first scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is this person expected to arrive on the set?
2. May's suspicions about what are confirmed by Helen Hobart?
3. With whom is George waiting in the reception area when Glogauer finally emerges?
4. What concern does May share with George and Jerry?
5. What does May receive from George?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)