|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Susan able to do well?
(b) Say her one line.
2. What has Lawrence Vail, a playwright, been waiting for days to do?
(a) Leave for New York.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Write a play.
(d) To see Mr. Glogauer.
3. What do May and Jerry leave to do, after they receive the news from Helen Hobart?
(a) Pack up their things.
(b) Go to work.
(c) Speak with Mr. Glogauer.
(d) Find new students.
4. When is this person expected to arrive on the set?
(a) Any minute.
(b) One week.
(d) Next month.
5. How is Susan dressed?
(a) Like a secretary.
(b) Like a flapper.
(c) Like a cow girl.
(d) Like a bride.
6. What does May learn about George's movie?
(a) The movie receives mediocre reviews.
(b) Jerry will return to her.
(c) The movie premiere is a huge success.
(d) New York is an exciting city.
7. There is an air of _____________ in this scene.
8. From where is the script for this movie?
(a) The Schlepkin brothers.
(b) A New York play.
(c) An unsuccessful film.
(d) A new Al Jolson movie.
9. Who does May recognize on this trip?
(a) The pilot.
(b) The chauffeur.
(c) Another passenger.
(d) The bus driver.
10. What is George's first act of business as the head of studio productions?
(a) Call his friends.
(b) Hug Glogauer.
(c) Build a new studio.
(d) Hire Susan for the role of the country girl.
11. What is shocking about this presentation to George?
(a) It is more than anyone's salary.
(b) It is solid platinum.
(c) It is as tall as the building.
(d) It is a 106-piece, solid gold dinnerware set.
12. How is George to everything, other than his love for Susan and his efforts to make her a talking picture movie star?
13. What is somewhat sad about this trip?
(a) It is the first trip she has ever been on.
(b) It had not been that long ago that they had been headed to California full of hope.
(c) It is her last trip home.
(d) It was only yesterday that she made the same trip.
14. What happens at the end of this scene?
(a) May quits.
(b) Mr. Glogauer quits.
(c) George is promoted.
(d) Jerry, May, and George are fired.
15. How does Glogauer feel when he makes his discovery regarding the scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does May know this person?
2. What does George plan to begin immediately as head of studio productions?
3. What is Glogauer settling in to watch?
4. What does George ask of May?
5. Why would this person be allowed in this place?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)