|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is George feeling?
2. Where will May learn information that concerns her regarding George?
(a) On the television.
(b) From a telegraph.
(c) In the Los Angeles newspapers.
(d) Her first day back in New York.
3. How is George feeling at this moment?
(a) Very surprised.
(b) Very nervous.
(c) Immensely pleased.
(d) Extremely shocked.
4. What does Vail continue, while sitting with George?
(a) Telling George jokes.
(b) His soapbox speech.
5. What has this person been doing since the last time May saw him or her?
(a) Flying planes.
(c) Driving cars.
6. What does Vail share with George, while they are sitting in the room?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A car on the train.
(c) His angst about being hired as a playwright, leaving his home in New York and coming to work at a job where he has nothing to do.
(d) His secrets to being a successful playwright.
7. What is George's first act of business as the head of studio productions?
(a) Hug Glogauer.
(b) Call his friends.
(c) Hire Susan for the role of the country girl.
(d) Build a new studio.
8. What is somewhat sad about this trip?
(a) It is her last trip home.
(b) It is the first trip she has ever been on.
(c) It had not been that long ago that they had been headed to California full of hope.
(d) It was only yesterday that she made the same trip.
9. Where is this feeling felt?
(a) On the set.
(b) In the restaurant.
(c) In the car.
(d) On the train.
10. Why would this person be allowed in this place?
(a) He is a playwright.
(b) It is very inspirational.
(c) He loves this city.
(d) She has lived here her whole life.
11. What do May and Jerry discuss regarding George's first film effort?
(a) His talent.
(b) The beautiful scenery.
(c) The numerous flaws.
(d) The choice of actors and actresses.
12. What is Glogauer settling in to watch?
(a) The filming of the first scene.
(b) The filming of the last scene.
(c) The filming of the entire movie.
(d) A rough edited version of his movie.
13. What does May believe will be dismal regarding George?
(a) The reviews of George's movie.
(b) George's next movie.
(c) George's life in Hollywood.
(d) George's life with Susan.
14. How is the picture finishing?
(a) Ahead of schedule and under budget.
(b) Behind schedule and under budget.
(c) Behind schedule and over budget.
(d) Ahead of schedule and over budget.
15. How does May know this person?
(a) She is the woman who drives May around town.
(b) She has seen him every day she rides the bus.
(c) She had met him previously.
(d) The two went to school together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins May on her trip?
2. Who is this person that she knows?
3. With whom is George waiting in the reception area when Glogauer finally emerges?
4. Why does May feel this way?
5. Who is expected to arrive on the set?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)