|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is expected to arrive on the set?
(a) Mr. Glogauer.
2. What is Susan able to do well?
(b) Say her one line.
3. How is the picture finishing?
(a) Behind schedule and over budget.
(b) Behind schedule and under budget.
(c) Ahead of schedule and under budget.
(d) Ahead of schedule and over budget.
4. Who joins May on her trip?
(a) The twelve Schlepkin brothers.
(b) Mr. Glogauer.
(d) Jerry and George.
5. From where is the script for this movie?
(a) A new Al Jolson movie.
(b) A New York play.
(c) An unsuccessful film.
(d) The Schlepkin brothers.
6. When is this person expected to arrive on the set?
(a) One week.
(c) Any minute.
(d) Next month.
7. Where is this scene set?
(a) New York.
(b) The Hotel Stilton.
(c) In the Glogauer Studios reception area.
(d) A train.
8. What appears to be led by buffoons, according to Vail?
(a) The New York theatre scene.
(b) The movie making industry.
(c) The train company.
(d) The state of California.
9. What is ironic about how she gets where she is going?
(a) It is the same car her father drives.
(b) It is the same plane she took to California.
(c) It is the bus she takes every day.
(d) It is the same Pullman car that brought her to California.
10. What does May learn about George's movie?
(a) The movie receives mediocre reviews.
(b) Jerry will return to her.
(c) The movie premiere is a huge success.
(d) New York is an exciting city.
11. Who is this person that she knows?
(a) Larry Bird.
(b) Laurie DeVito.
(c) Lauryn Hill.
(d) Lawrence Vail.
12. What does May receive from George?
(a) A telegram.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A letter.
13. Into what does George launch to convince Glogauer to hire Susan as the country girl?
(b) A new movie idea.
(d) Vail's speech.
14. How is George to everything, other than his love for Susan and his efforts to make her a talking picture movie star?
15. With whom does George feel this way?
(a) Mr. Glogauer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George ask of May?
2. Why does Glogauer not want Susan to play the role of the country girl?
3. How is George feeling?
4. What does May feel on part of her trip back, which fits her personality?
5. There is an air of _____________ in this scene.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)