|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do May and Jerry leave to do, after they receive the news from Helen Hobart?
(a) Find new students.
(b) Speak with Mr. Glogauer.
(c) Go to work.
(d) Pack up their things.
2. What does George plan to begin immediately as head of studio productions?
(a) Launch the public relations that will make her a star.
(b) Hiring new actors and actresses.
(c) Writing a new movie plot.
(d) Filming a movie.
3. When is this person expected to arrive on the set?
(a) Next month.
(b) Any minute.
(d) One week.
4. What does Glogauer recognize in George, after hearing George's speech?
(b) Insight and courage.
5. There is an air of _____________ in this scene.
6. What does there not seem to be much of in this room?
7. What is Glogauer settling in to watch?
(a) The filming of the first scene.
(b) The filming of the last scene.
(c) A rough edited version of his movie.
(d) The filming of the entire movie.
8. What is George's first act of business as the head of studio productions?
(a) Hug Glogauer.
(b) Call his friends.
(c) Hire Susan for the role of the country girl.
(d) Build a new studio.
9. How is George feeling at this moment?
(a) Immensely pleased.
(b) Very nervous.
(c) Very surprised.
(d) Extremely shocked.
10. What concern does May share with George and Jerry?
(a) George is no longer working at the school.
(b) She wants to go back to New York.
(c) She does not enjoy her job.
(d) That the screen tests of their first pupils have not been received favorably by Mr. Glogauer.
11. Where does May go?
(a) Back to Chicago.
(b) Back to New York.
(c) Back to her apartment.
(d) Back to Los Angeles.
12. What is constantly happening in this room?
13. What is somewhat sad about this trip?
(a) It is her last trip home.
(b) It had not been that long ago that they had been headed to California full of hope.
(c) It is the first trip she has ever been on.
(d) It was only yesterday that she made the same trip.
14. Where will May learn information that concerns her regarding George?
(a) On the television.
(b) Her first day back in New York.
(c) From a telegraph.
(d) In the Los Angeles newspapers.
15. Where has this person been doing this?
(a) In New York.
(b) In Hollywood.
(c) In Los Angeles.
(d) At a sanitarium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does George remind Glogauer, after Glogauer says why he does not want Susan as the country girl?
2. Where does Vail head after leaving Los Angeles?
3. From where is the script for this movie?
4. From where does May know this person?
5. Who does May recognize on this trip?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)