|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does there not seem to be much of in this room?
2. In what is Glogauer engaged, when he emerges?
(a) A dinner meeting with some movie executives.
(b) A discussion about going back to New York with May.
(c) An argument with the director of his next picture.
(d) A relationship with Susan.
3. Into what does George launch to convince Glogauer to hire Susan as the country girl?
(b) A new movie idea.
(c) Vail's speech.
4. With whom does George feel this way?
(d) Mr. Glogauer.
5. How is Susan dressed?
(a) Like a flapper.
(b) Like a cow girl.
(c) Like a secretary.
(d) Like a bride.
6. Who is this person that she knows?
(a) Larry Bird.
(b) Lauryn Hill.
(c) Lawrence Vail.
(d) Laurie DeVito.
7. From where does May know this person?
(a) The Los Angeles Bus Company.
(b) Glogauer's reception area.
(d) Lawrence North High School.
8. Who joins May on her trip?
(a) Mr. Glogauer.
(b) The twelve Schlepkin brothers.
(c) Jerry and George.
9. May's suspicions about what are confirmed by Helen Hobart?
(a) George has quit.
(b) Vaudeville is over.
(c) The closing of the diction school.
(d) She has a new job in New York.
10. What does Vail share with George, while they are sitting in the room?
(a) His secrets to being a successful playwright.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A car on the train.
(d) His angst about being hired as a playwright, leaving his home in New York and coming to work at a job where he has nothing to do.
11. Why would this person be allowed in this place?
(a) He loves this city.
(b) It is very inspirational.
(c) She has lived here her whole life.
(d) He is a playwright.
12. What concern does May share with George and Jerry?
(a) She does not enjoy her job.
(b) She wants to go back to New York.
(c) George is no longer working at the school.
(d) That the screen tests of their first pupils have not been received favorably by Mr. Glogauer.
13. How does May know this person?
(a) She has seen him every day she rides the bus.
(b) The two went to school together.
(c) She is the woman who drives May around town.
(d) She had met him previously.
14. How does Glogauer feel when he makes his discovery regarding the scene?
15. What does Glogauer recognize in George, after hearing George's speech?
(b) Insight and courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is an air of _____________ in this scene.
2. What is somewhat sad about this trip?
3. Should May feel this way regarding George? Why?
4. From where is the script for this movie?
5. Why does May feel this way?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)