|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vitaphone?
(a) A new hair product used by Hollywood actresses.
(b) The company that brings sound to movies.
(c) A vitamin company.
(d) A new telephone company.
2. What is unique about where this person has been?
(a) It is filled with celebrities.
(b) It has the tallest buildings.
(c) It caters only to playwrights.
(d) It is surrounded by mountains and the ocean.
3. What does May believe will be dismal regarding George?
(a) George's life with Susan.
(b) The reviews of George's movie.
(c) George's next movie.
(d) George's life in Hollywood.
4. Where is this feeling felt?
(a) On the train.
(b) In the restaurant.
(c) In the car.
(d) On the set.
5. How is the picture finishing?
(a) Behind schedule and under budget.
(b) Behind schedule and over budget.
(c) Ahead of schedule and over budget.
(d) Ahead of schedule and under budget.
6. Why does May feel this way?
(a) She is ready to be back home.
(b) She is upset that the school did not last.
(c) She is reading the reviews of George's movie.
(d) She misses Jerry.
7. What has this person been doing since the last time May saw him or her?
(b) Driving cars.
(c) Flying planes.
8. From where does May know this person?
(a) Glogauer's reception area.
(b) The Los Angeles Bus Company.
(d) Lawrence North High School.
9. Where does May go?
(a) Back to her apartment.
(b) Back to Los Angeles.
(c) Back to New York.
(d) Back to Chicago.
10. Where is this scene set?
(a) In the Glogauer Studios reception area.
(b) New York.
(c) A train.
(d) The Hotel Stilton.
11. Into what does George launch to convince Glogauer to hire Susan as the country girl?
(a) Vail's speech.
(d) A new movie idea.
12. What appears to be led by buffoons, according to Vail?
(a) The New York theatre scene.
(b) The state of California.
(c) The train company.
(d) The movie making industry.
13. What does May learn about George's movie?
(a) The movie receives mediocre reviews.
(b) Jerry will return to her.
(c) The movie premiere is a huge success.
(d) New York is an exciting city.
14. Where will May learn information that concerns her regarding George?
(a) Her first day back in New York.
(b) From a telegraph.
(c) In the Los Angeles newspapers.
(d) On the television.
15. What does Glogauer discover about George after watching the scene?
(a) He has produced the wrong movie.
(b) He has forgotten to film a scene.
(c) He cannot direct.
(d) He cut most of the script.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does George remind Glogauer, after Glogauer says why he does not want Susan as the country girl?
2. Why does Glogauer not want Susan to play the role of the country girl?
3. What is ironic about how she gets where she is going?
4. How is George feeling at this moment?
5. What is evidenced when Susan speaks almost anything?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)