|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is the script for this movie?
(a) A New York play.
(b) A new Al Jolson movie.
(c) The Schlepkin brothers.
(d) An unsuccessful film.
2. Susan is beautiful but ____________.
(d) Not at all bright.
3. Why does May feel this way?
(a) She is upset that the school did not last.
(b) She is ready to be back home.
(c) She misses Jerry.
(d) She is reading the reviews of George's movie.
4. What does George plan to begin immediately as head of studio productions?
(a) Filming a movie.
(b) Writing a new movie plot.
(c) Hiring new actors and actresses.
(d) Launch the public relations that will make her a star.
5. What is unique about where this person has been?
(a) It caters only to playwrights.
(b) It is surrounded by mountains and the ocean.
(c) It has the tallest buildings.
(d) It is filled with celebrities.
6. From where does May know this person?
(a) The Los Angeles Bus Company.
(b) Glogauer's reception area.
(d) Lawrence North High School.
7. What is constantly happening in this room?
8. Where has this person been doing this?
(a) At a sanitarium.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Los Angeles.
(d) In Hollywood.
9. What do May and Jerry leave to do, after they receive the news from Helen Hobart?
(a) Go to work.
(b) Speak with Mr. Glogauer.
(c) Find new students.
(d) Pack up their things.
10. How is George feeling at this moment?
(a) Extremely shocked.
(b) Immensely pleased.
(c) Very nervous.
(d) Very surprised.
11. Why does Glogauer not want Susan to play the role of the country girl?
(a) She is not intelligent enough.
(b) He wants a girl who is somewhat scandalous.
(c) He wants an established star.
(d) She is not pretty enough.
12. What is Glogauer settling in to watch?
(a) A rough edited version of his movie.
(b) The filming of the first scene.
(c) The filming of the last scene.
(d) The filming of the entire movie.
13. What is Susan Walker about to do at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Have her acting debut.
(b) Leave the set.
(c) Shoot the first scene.
(d) Shoot the last scene.
14. What appears to be led by buffoons, according to Vail?
(a) The state of California.
(b) The movie making industry.
(c) The New York theatre scene.
(d) The train company.
15. What does Vail continue, while sitting with George?
(b) His soapbox speech.
(c) Telling George jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May learn about George's movie?
2. What does Glogauer recognize in George, after hearing George's speech?
3. There is an air of _____________ in this scene.
4. For what is George going to be commended by this person?
5. What concern does May share with George and Jerry?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)