|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Glogauer not want Susan to play the role of the country girl?
(a) He wants an established star.
(b) She is not pretty enough.
(c) She is not intelligent enough.
(d) He wants a girl who is somewhat scandalous.
2. What has Vail not been given in the six months he has been in Hollywood?
(b) His pay.
(c) An assignment.
(d) A home.
3. What do May and Jerry leave to do, after they receive the news from Helen Hobart?
(a) Speak with Mr. Glogauer.
(b) Pack up their things.
(c) Find new students.
(d) Go to work.
4. What is ironic about how she gets where she is going?
(a) It is the bus she takes every day.
(b) It is the same car her father drives.
(c) It is the same plane she took to California.
(d) It is the same Pullman car that brought her to California.
5. Who has been cast as a simple, country girl in the next movie?
(d) A scandalous actress.
6. What do May and Jerry discuss regarding George's first film effort?
(a) His talent.
(b) The beautiful scenery.
(c) The numerous flaws.
(d) The choice of actors and actresses.
7. Who does May recognize on this trip?
(a) The chauffeur.
(b) The pilot.
(c) The bus driver.
(d) Another passenger.
8. What concern does May share with George and Jerry?
(a) That the screen tests of their first pupils have not been received favorably by Mr. Glogauer.
(b) George is no longer working at the school.
(c) She wants to go back to New York.
(d) She does not enjoy her job.
9. What is Vitaphone?
(a) The company that brings sound to movies.
(b) A new telephone company.
(c) A new hair product used by Hollywood actresses.
(d) A vitamin company.
10. What is Susan Walker about to do at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Shoot the last scene.
(b) Shoot the first scene.
(c) Have her acting debut.
(d) Leave the set.
11. What does Glogauer discover about George after watching the scene?
(a) He has forgotten to film a scene.
(b) He cut most of the script.
(c) He has produced the wrong movie.
(d) He cannot direct.
12. What does May receive from George?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A letter.
13. Who is expected to arrive on the set?
(b) Mr. Glogauer.
14. Of what does George remind Glogauer, after Glogauer says why he does not want Susan as the country girl?
(a) He needs to be paid.
(b) His failure to have bought Vitaphone.
(c) Susan is perfect for the role.
(d) He trusts George.
15. What Is May's intent for the movie industry?
(a) To only employ kind people.
(b) To lower the salaries.
(c) To makes some long, overdue changes to the mechanics of it.
(d) To make sure the actresses are both beautiful and intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this scene set?
2. What is George's first act of business as the head of studio productions?
3. What is Glogauer settling in to watch?
4. What does Vail share with George, while they are sitting in the room?
5. Why would this person be allowed in this place?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)