|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the picture finishing?
(a) Ahead of schedule and under budget.
(b) Behind schedule and over budget.
(c) Behind schedule and under budget.
(d) Ahead of schedule and over budget.
2. May's suspicions about what are confirmed by Helen Hobart?
(a) The closing of the diction school.
(b) She has a new job in New York.
(c) Vaudeville is over.
(d) George has quit.
3. With whom is George waiting in the reception area when Glogauer finally emerges?
(a) No one.
4. How is Susan dressed?
(a) Like a cow girl.
(b) Like a secretary.
(c) Like a bride.
(d) Like a flapper.
5. What is Glogauer settling in to watch?
(a) The filming of the last scene.
(b) A rough edited version of his movie.
(c) The filming of the first scene.
(d) The filming of the entire movie.
6. What has this person been doing since the last time May saw him or her?
(b) Flying planes.
(c) Driving cars.
7. What does May learn about George's movie?
(a) Jerry will return to her.
(b) New York is an exciting city.
(c) The movie premiere is a huge success.
(d) The movie receives mediocre reviews.
8. Of what does George remind Glogauer, after Glogauer says why he does not want Susan as the country girl?
(a) Susan is perfect for the role.
(b) He trusts George.
(c) His failure to have bought Vitaphone.
(d) He needs to be paid.
9. What does May believe will be dismal regarding George?
(a) The reviews of George's movie.
(b) George's life in Hollywood.
(c) George's next movie.
(d) George's life with Susan.
10. What does Vail continue, while sitting with George?
(c) His soapbox speech.
(d) Telling George jokes.
11. What does George ask of May?
(a) To stay in New York.
(b) To open Glogauer Studios in New York.
(c) If he can stay with her for awhile.
(d) To return to Hollywood.
12. What does Vail share with George, while they are sitting in the room?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A car on the train.
(c) His secrets to being a successful playwright.
(d) His angst about being hired as a playwright, leaving his home in New York and coming to work at a job where he has nothing to do.
13. From where does May know this person?
(a) The Los Angeles Bus Company.
(b) Glogauer's reception area.
(d) Lawrence North High School.
14. What does George plan to begin immediately as head of studio productions?
(a) Launch the public relations that will make her a star.
(b) Filming a movie.
(c) Hiring new actors and actresses.
(d) Writing a new movie plot.
15. Into what does George launch to convince Glogauer to hire Susan as the country girl?
(b) Vail's speech.
(d) A new movie idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does May go?
2. What has Vail not been given in the six months he has been in Hollywood?
3. Should May feel this way regarding George? Why?
4. What has Lawrence Vail, a playwright, been waiting for days to do?
5. What is Susan able to do well?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)