|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about where this person has been?
(a) It has the tallest buildings.
(b) It is filled with celebrities.
(c) It caters only to playwrights.
(d) It is surrounded by mountains and the ocean.
2. What is shocking about this presentation to George?
(a) It is as tall as the building.
(b) It is a 106-piece, solid gold dinnerware set.
(c) It is solid platinum.
(d) It is more than anyone's salary.
3. What is somewhat sad about this trip?
(a) It is her last trip home.
(b) It is the first trip she has ever been on.
(c) It had not been that long ago that they had been headed to California full of hope.
(d) It was only yesterday that she made the same trip.
4. Where has this person been doing this?
(a) In Los Angeles.
(b) In Hollywood.
(c) At a sanitarium.
(d) In New York.
5. How is the picture finishing?
(a) Behind schedule and under budget.
(b) Ahead of schedule and over budget.
(c) Behind schedule and over budget.
(d) Ahead of schedule and under budget.
6. What has Lawrence Vail, a playwright, been waiting for days to do?
(a) Leave for New York.
(b) To see Mr. Glogauer.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Write a play.
7. In what is Glogauer engaged, when he emerges?
(a) An argument with the director of his next picture.
(b) A relationship with Susan.
(c) A dinner meeting with some movie executives.
(d) A discussion about going back to New York with May.
8. For what is George going to be commended by this person?
(a) His management success.
(b) His acting abilities.
(c) His directing success.
(d) His kindness.
9. What is Susan able to do well?
(a) Say her one line.
10. What does Glogauer plan to present to George?
(a) A bonus.
(b) An award.
(c) A dinnerware set.
(d) A statue.
11. Why is this significant for Susan Walker?
(a) She has never walked out of a movie set.
(b) She is not a good actress.
(c) It is her last movie.
(d) It is her first movie.
12. Into what does George launch to convince Glogauer to hire Susan as the country girl?
(b) Vail's speech.
(c) A new movie idea.
13. What does George plan to begin immediately as head of studio productions?
(a) Hiring new actors and actresses.
(b) Launch the public relations that will make her a star.
(c) Filming a movie.
(d) Writing a new movie plot.
14. What does May learn about George's movie?
(a) New York is an exciting city.
(b) The movie receives mediocre reviews.
(c) The movie premiere is a huge success.
(d) Jerry will return to her.
15. What does there not seem to be much of in this room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan is beautiful but ____________.
2. Where is this feeling felt?
3. Of what does George remind Glogauer, after Glogauer says why he does not want Susan as the country girl?
4. Who is this person that she knows?
5. How is George to everything, other than his love for Susan and his efforts to make her a talking picture movie star?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)