|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is May waiting?
(a) She is waiting for George to return.
(b) She is waiting for George to leave.
(c) She is waiting for their other partner, Jerry, to return.
(d) She is waiting for Al Jolson to leave.
2. What is THE JAZZ SINGER?
(a) A live production.
(b) A silent film.
(c) A ballet.
(d) A successful talkie.
3. How did this decision to leave come about?
(a) After meeting Al Jolson for dinner.
(b) After learning about the work available in Chicago.
(c) After hearing success stories from other vaudevillians.
(d) After watching Al Jolson.
4. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
(a) The hot sun.
(b) Their own embarrassment.
(c) The glow of the new money-making idea.
(d) Their new fame.
5. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
(a) He has sold the vaudeville act.
(b) Found a new theatre for them to perform in.
(c) He has landed them roles in a Broadway play.
(d) He has found a new agent.
6. What were May and George hoping Jerry would land?
(a) A plane.
(b) A lead role.
(c) A job in a restaurant.
(d) A contract.
7. How do they travel from one city to the next?
(a) By train.
(b) By bus.
(c) By plane.
(d) By car.
8. How powerful is this person that May encounters?
(a) Less powerful than she thinks.
(b) More powerful than he thinks.
(c) Very powerful.
(d) Slightly powerful.
9. How does the trio feel about this person's offer?
(a) They like it.
(b) They are not sure about it.
(c) They do not like it.
(d) They do not understand it.
10. What is the name of the person George meets?
11. Who is this very important person that Helen and the others compliment?
(a) Al Jolson.
(b) The trio.
(d) Mr. Glogauer
12. What does this parade set off?
(a) The fire alarm.
(b) The holiday season.
(c) Squeals from autograph seekers.
(d) An interest in parades.
13. What is fortunate for May, regarding this person she encounters?
(a) Helen is in a good mood.
(b) Her cousin is kind.
(c) The police officer likes her.
(d) Helen remembers her fondly.
14. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
15. What is this person's idea, regarding the new job?
(a) Taking their vaudeville act on the road.
(b) Buying a theatre.
(c) Opening a diction school for actors.
(d) Directing movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is this building located?
2. Why is this decision to leave made, according to Jerry?
3. According to Jerry, with what kind of news does he return?
4. What do many people in Los Angeles want from this person that May encounters?
5. What kind of play is ONCE IN A LIFETIME?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)