|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes with the advent of the talkie, according to Jerry?
(a) There is a fortune to be made.
(b) Exciting new careers.
(c) New people to meet.
(d) New lessons to learn.
2. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
3. How have the Schlepkin brothers had ruthless and relentless success in the industry lately?
(a) With Ethel Merman, their new star.
(b) With the new trio they have just hired.
(c) With Al Jolson and the talking picture.
(d) Their new silent film.
4. What can this person that May encounters do to someone's career?
(a) Make it.
(b) Break it.
(c) Make it legitimate.
(d) Make or break it.
5. What is THE JAZZ SINGER?
(a) A silent film.
(b) A live production.
(c) A successful talkie.
(d) A ballet.
6. How powerful is this person that May encounters?
(a) Slightly powerful.
(b) More powerful than he thinks.
(c) Very powerful.
(d) Less powerful than she thinks.
7. Where does the first scene open?
(a) At an audition.
(b) In May's home.
(c) In a two-bit hotel room.
(d) At a bus stop.
8. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
(a) Reading a new script.
(b) Thumbing through a copy of Variety magazine.
(c) Flirting with young actresses.
(d) Watching television.
9. What has Jerry bought for the trio?
(a) A vaudeville act.
(b) A bus.
(c) Tickets for the three of them on the next train to Hollywood.
(d) A theatre.
10. What is this person's idea, regarding the new job?
(a) Buying a theatre.
(b) Directing movies.
(c) Taking their vaudeville act on the road.
(d) Opening a diction school for actors.
11. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
(a) He has found a new agent.
(b) He has sold the vaudeville act.
(c) He has landed them roles in a Broadway play.
(d) Found a new theatre for them to perform in.
12. What does this person that May encounters want in exchange?
(a) Twenty percent of the business.
(b) Part time work.
(c) Fifty percent of the business.
(d) Full time work.
13. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
(a) Helen and May are nervous about the idea.
(b) Jerry and George agree that it seems like a monumental idea .
(c) May and George refuse to go along with the plan.
(d) Jerry and May are hesitant to agree to the idea.
14. Where does George meet this person?
(a) At the station.
(b) In Los Angeles.
(c) In New York.
(d) On the train.
15. Who is also dining at the hotel tonight and for whom Mr. Glogauer does not care?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) The twelve Schlepkin brothers.
(c) Ethel Merman.
(d) Vivian Leigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made this decision to leave New York City?
2. In what building is this interior located?
3. How do they feel at first about Jerry's news?
4. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
5. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)