|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is fortunate for May, regarding this person she encounters?
(a) The police officer likes her.
(b) Her cousin is kind.
(c) Helen is in a good mood.
(d) Helen remembers her fondly.
2. For whom is May waiting?
(a) She is waiting for Al Jolson to leave.
(b) She is waiting for George to leave.
(c) She is waiting for their other partner, Jerry, to return.
(d) She is waiting for George to return.
3. What are the Schlepkin brothers to Glogauer?
(a) His relatives.
(b) An embarrassment.
(c) The stones in his shoe.
(d) His close friends.
4. Why is this person, that May encounters, important?
(a) He is a movie director.
(b) She is a leading Hollywood gossip columnist.
(c) She is a famous actress.
(d) He is May's cousin.
5. Where are the New York stage performers headed?
(a) To Hollywood.
(b) To San Francisco.
(c) To Santa Monica.
(d) To San Diego.
6. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
(a) Found a new theatre for them to perform in.
(b) He has sold the vaudeville act.
(c) He has found a new agent.
(d) He has landed them roles in a Broadway play.
7. How do they feel at first about Jerry's news?
(b) Somewhat surprised.
8. What does the trio hope this very important person will do for them?
(a) Put their futures on the fast track.
(b) Buy their dinner.
(c) Send them back to New York City.
(d) Get them jobs somewhere in the United States.
9. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
(a) A deceptive plan.
(b) A new idea in Los Angeles.
(c) An egg.
(d) An old idea from years ago.
10. What can this person that May encounters do to someone's career?
(a) Make or break it.
(b) Break it.
(c) Make it legitimate.
(d) Make it.
11. Of the main characters, who is the worrier?
(a) Al Jolson.
(b) May Daniels.
(c) George Lewis.
(d) Jerry Hyland.
12. How have the Schlepkin brothers had ruthless and relentless success in the industry lately?
(a) Their new silent film.
(b) With Al Jolson and the talking picture.
(c) With Ethel Merman, their new star.
(d) With the new trio they have just hired.
13. In what city is this building located?
(a) In San Francisco.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Los Angeles.
(d) In San Diego.
14. How does the trio feel about this person's offer?
(a) They are not sure about it.
(b) They do not understand it.
(c) They like it.
(d) They do not like it.
15. To whom will this person introduce the trio?
(a) Mae West.
(b) Mr. Glogauer.
(d) The Schlepkin brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this person's idea, regarding the new job?
2. Why is this decision to leave made, according to Jerry?
3. What sends Glogauer into fits?
4. Who does May encounter on the train?
5. How does George compare to the fast talking May, Jerry, and Helen?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)