|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is May feeling when she enters the scene?
2. What is fortunate for May, regarding this person she encounters?
(a) The police officer likes her.
(b) Her cousin is kind.
(c) Helen is in a good mood.
(d) Helen remembers her fondly.
3. What comes with the advent of the talkie, according to Jerry?
(a) New lessons to learn.
(b) New people to meet.
(c) Exciting new careers.
(d) There is a fortune to be made.
4. What is the name of the person George meets?
5. For whom are Jerry, May, and George waiting in this building?
(a) The Schlepkin brothers.
(b) Mae West.
(d) Mr. Glogauer.
6. Who announces that Mr. Glogauer's presence is requested?
(b) A bellboy.
(d) Al Jolson.
7. What job does the person they are here to meet have?
(a) She is working with Al Jolson.
(b) She is an actress.
(c) He is a gossip columnist.
(d) He is a man in the movie business.
8. What kind of play is ONCE IN A LIFETIME?
(a) A morbid play.
(b) A work of nonfiction.
(c) A lighthearted play.
(d) A tragedy.
9. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
(a) An egg.
(b) An old idea from years ago.
(c) A deceptive plan.
(d) A new idea in Los Angeles.
10. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
(a) They are greeted by friendly celebrities.
(b) They are treated like celebrities.
(c) They are chased by the animals in the parade.
(d) They are more often than not rebuffed by the silent celebrities.
11. What is this person's idea, regarding the new job?
(a) Buying a theatre.
(b) Taking their vaudeville act on the road.
(c) Directing movies.
(d) Opening a diction school for actors.
12. As what do these people work in this building?
(a) Waiters and cigarette girls.
13. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
(a) The hot sun.
(b) Their new fame.
(c) Their own embarrassment.
(d) The glow of the new money-making idea.
14. What do May and George think of Jerry's news?
(a) It is not what they are expecting.
(b) They are shocked and appalled.
(c) It is what they were hoping for.
(d) They are angered by this news.
15. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
(a) To become an actress on the stage.
(b) To become an actress.
(c) To become a Ziegfeld Follies girl.
(d) To become a bartender.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the trio feel about this person's offer?
2. What happens to Jerry's plan, while traveling to the trio's new destination?
3. Who does George meet, while traveling across the continent with the trio?
4. Where does George meet this person?
5. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)