|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
(a) A mutual hatred.
(b) An acting studio.
(c) A social club.
(d) A fast friendship.
2. When does Helen's obsequious behavior come into play?
(a) When the Schlepkin brothers arrive.
(b) When the trio arrives.
(c) When Mr. Glogauer leaves.
(d) When Mr. Glogauer arrives.
3. Why do they work these jobs in this building?
(a) In the hopes of creating a popular movie.
(b) To earn a large income.
(c) To see shows for free.
(d) In the hopes of being discovered by some movie industry executive.
4. What do May and George think of Jerry's news?
(a) It is what they were hoping for.
(b) They are angered by this news.
(c) They are shocked and appalled.
(d) It is not what they are expecting.
5. As what do these people work in this building?
(c) Waiters and cigarette girls.
6. How does the trio feel about their new idea, as they slowly traverse the land from one side of the continent to the other?
(a) They become more and more angry.
(b) They become more and more irritated.
(c) They become more and more nervous.
(d) They become more and more excited.
7. How do they travel from one city to the next?
(a) By plane.
(b) By train.
(c) By bus.
(d) By car.
8. What are the Schlepkin brothers to Glogauer?
(a) His close friends.
(b) His relatives.
(c) The stones in his shoe.
(d) An embarrassment.
9. This idea began in New York, and to where is this new idea leading them?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Santa Monica.
(d) San Diego.
10. What kind of parade goes through the lobby of this building?
(a) The Rose Parade.
(b) Th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
(c) A parade of zoo animals.
(d) A parade of movie stars.
11. How do they feel at first about Jerry's news?
(d) Somewhat surprised.
12. Who does George meet, while traveling across the continent with the trio?
(a) A girl.
(b) A relative.
(c) A director.
(d) A movie star.
13. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
(a) Jerry and George agree that it seems like a monumental idea .
(b) May and George refuse to go along with the plan.
(c) Jerry and May are hesitant to agree to the idea.
(d) Helen and May are nervous about the idea.
14. How powerful is this person that May encounters?
(a) More powerful than he thinks.
(b) Very powerful.
(c) Slightly powerful.
(d) Less powerful than she thinks.
15. How does George compare to the fast talking May, Jerry, and Helen?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is not quite in their league.
(c) He is an even faster talker.
(d) He keeps up quite well.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is May waiting?
2. Where is George's new acquaintance headed?
3. How does the trio feel about getting to their destination.
4. What is THE JAZZ SINGER?
5. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)