|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made this decision to leave New York City?
2. To whom will this person introduce the trio?
(a) The Schlepkin brothers.
(b) Mae West.
(d) Mr. Glogauer.
3. The setting of this scene has a _________ interior.
(b) Heavily gilded.
4. Who requests Mr. Glogauer's presence?
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(d) The twelve Schlepkin brothers.
5. What is fortunate for May, regarding this person she encounters?
(a) Helen remembers her fondly.
(b) Helen is in a good mood.
(c) Her cousin is kind.
(d) The police officer likes her.
6. Where does the first scene open?
(a) At a bus stop.
(b) In May's home.
(c) In a two-bit hotel room.
(d) At an audition.
7. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Reading a new script.
(c) Thumbing through a copy of Variety magazine.
(d) Flirting with young actresses.
8. When does Helen's obsequious behavior come into play?
(a) When the Schlepkin brothers arrive.
(b) When Mr. Glogauer leaves.
(c) When Mr. Glogauer arrives.
(d) When the trio arrives.
9. Describe Jerry Hyland.
(a) He is lazy.
(b) He is the doer.
(c) He is the worrier.
(d) He is flighty.
10. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
(a) They are chased by the animals in the parade.
(b) They are greeted by friendly celebrities.
(c) They are more often than not rebuffed by the silent celebrities.
(d) They are treated like celebrities.
11. What kind of parade goes through the lobby of this building?
(a) A parade of zoo animals.
(b) The Rose Parade.
(c) A parade of movie stars.
(d) Th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
12. How does the trio feel about getting to their destination.
(a) They cannot get there fast enough.
(b) They do not want to get there too fast.
(c) They are worried about getting there.
(d) They do not want to get there.
13. How does the trio feel about their new idea, as they slowly traverse the land from one side of the continent to the other?
(a) They become more and more nervous.
(b) They become more and more angry.
(c) They become more and more excited.
(d) They become more and more irritated.
14. Why is this person, that May encounters, important?
(a) He is a movie director.
(b) She is a famous actress.
(c) She is a leading Hollywood gossip columnist.
(d) He is May's cousin.
15. How do they feel at first about Jerry's news?
(a) Somewhat surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this person's idea, regarding the new job?
2. Of what news is May waiting?
3. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
4. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
5. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)