|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does the trio have another?
(a) Train ride.
(b) New plan.
(c) Stroke of good luck.
(d) Train to catch.
2. How did this decision to leave come about?
(a) After learning about the work available in Chicago.
(b) After hearing success stories from other vaudevillians.
(c) After meeting Al Jolson for dinner.
(d) After watching Al Jolson.
3. What happens to Jerry's plan, while traveling to the trio's new destination?
(a) It is very successful.
(b) It falls short.
(c) It is not at all successful.
(d) There are no glitches.
4. Who works in this building?
(b) Native New Yorkers.
(c) Hopeful actors and actresses.
5. What are the Schlepkin brothers to Glogauer?
(a) His relatives.
(b) An embarrassment.
(c) The stones in his shoe.
(d) His close friends.
6. Where are the New York stage performers headed?
(a) To San Diego.
(b) To Santa Monica.
(c) To San Francisco.
(d) To Hollywood.
7. Why do they work these jobs in this building?
(a) In the hopes of creating a popular movie.
(b) To see shows for free.
(c) In the hopes of being discovered by some movie industry executive.
(d) To earn a large income.
8. How does the trio feel about their new idea, as they slowly traverse the land from one side of the continent to the other?
(a) They become more and more angry.
(b) They become more and more excited.
(c) They become more and more irritated.
(d) They become more and more nervous.
9. Who made this decision to leave New York City?
10. What does the trio hope this very important person will do for them?
(a) Put their futures on the fast track.
(b) Buy their dinner.
(c) Send them back to New York City.
(d) Get them jobs somewhere in the United States.
11. What do many people in Los Angeles want from this person that May encounters?
(c) A job.
(d) To be mentioned in Helen's column.
12. Where does George meet this person?
(a) On the train.
(b) In Los Angeles.
(c) At the station.
(d) In New York.
13. Who is an actor who is rather young, and single, and somewhat carefree and oblivious?
(a) Jerry Hyland.
(b) Mark Daniels.
(c) Al Jolson.
(d) George Lewis.
14. How does the trio feel about this person's offer?
(a) They do not like it.
(b) They do not understand it.
(c) They like it.
(d) They are not sure about it.
15. What sends Glogauer into fits?
(a) The fish he eats, to which he is allergic.
(b) Seeing the trio.
(c) His new medication.
(d) The mention of the Schlepkin name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Helen with the compliments and flattery towards this very important person?
2. What does this parade set off?
3. What comes with the advent of the talkie, according to Jerry?
4. What is fortunate for May, regarding this person she encounters?
5. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)