|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this person, that May encounters, important?
(a) She is a famous actress.
(b) He is a movie director.
(c) She is a leading Hollywood gossip columnist.
(d) He is May's cousin.
2. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
3. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
(a) Thumbing through a copy of Variety magazine.
(b) Flirting with young actresses.
(c) Reading a new script.
(d) Watching television.
4. What is this person's idea, regarding the new job?
(a) Taking their vaudeville act on the road.
(b) Opening a diction school for actors.
(c) Buying a theatre.
(d) Directing movies.
5. Who is also dining at the hotel tonight and for whom Mr. Glogauer does not care?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) The twelve Schlepkin brothers.
(c) Ethel Merman.
(d) Vivian Leigh.
6. Who works in this building?
(b) Hopeful actors and actresses.
(d) Native New Yorkers.
7. What else will the person May encounters do for them?
(a) Find them a place to live.
(b) Introduce them to a studio head.
(c) Buy them dinner.
(d) Pay for their train tickets.
8. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
(a) A new idea in Los Angeles.
(b) An old idea from years ago.
(c) An egg.
(d) A deceptive plan.
9. How do they travel from one city to the next?
(a) By bus.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By plane.
10. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
(a) They are more often than not rebuffed by the silent celebrities.
(b) They are chased by the animals in the parade.
(c) They are greeted by friendly celebrities.
(d) They are treated like celebrities.
11. For whom are Jerry, May, and George waiting in this building?
(b) Mae West.
(c) The Schlepkin brothers.
(d) Mr. Glogauer.
12. What kind of parade goes through the lobby of this building?
(a) The Rose Parade.
(b) Th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
(c) A parade of zoo animals.
(d) A parade of movie stars.
13. Who is this very important person that Helen and the others compliment?
(a) Mr. Glogauer
(c) The trio.
(d) Al Jolson.
14. How does the trio feel about this person's offer?
(a) They do not like it.
(b) They are not sure about it.
(c) They do not understand it.
(d) They like it.
15. Who announces that Mr. Glogauer's presence is requested?
(a) A bellboy.
(c) Al Jolson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
2. Where are the New York stage performers headed?
3. Of the main characters, who is the worrier?
4. What do many people in Los Angeles want from this person that May encounters?
5. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)