|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does George meet this person?
(a) In New York.
(b) In Los Angeles.
(c) At the station.
(d) On the train.
2. How do they feel at first about Jerry's news?
(b) Somewhat surprised.
3. How do they travel from one city to the next?
(a) By bus.
(b) By train.
(c) By plane.
(d) By car.
4. For whom is Susan perfect?
5. How does Helen arrive?
(b) With as much pandemonium as the movie stars.
(d) Just as surprised by the celebrities as the trio.
6. Why do they work these jobs in this building?
(a) In the hopes of creating a popular movie.
(b) To see shows for free.
(c) To earn a large income.
(d) In the hopes of being discovered by some movie industry executive.
7. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
(a) The glow of the new money-making idea.
(b) Their own embarrassment.
(c) Their new fame.
(d) The hot sun.
8. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
(a) May and George refuse to go along with the plan.
(b) Jerry and George agree that it seems like a monumental idea .
(c) Jerry and May are hesitant to agree to the idea.
(d) Helen and May are nervous about the idea.
9. Who is also dining at the hotel tonight and for whom Mr. Glogauer does not care?
(a) Ethel Merman.
(b) Vivian Leigh.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) The twelve Schlepkin brothers.
10. This idea began in New York, and to where is this new idea leading them?
(a) Santa Monica.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
11. What does the trio hope this very important person will do for them?
(a) Send them back to New York City.
(b) Get them jobs somewhere in the United States.
(c) Put their futures on the fast track.
(d) Buy their dinner.
12. What does this person that May encounters offer to do?
(a) Work as a teacher.
(b) Be their first student.
(c) Help promote it .
(d) Not keep them from their plans.
13. As what do these people work in this building?
(a) Waiters and cigarette girls.
14. How does the trio feel about this person's offer?
(a) They do not understand it.
(b) They do not like it.
(c) They like it.
(d) They are not sure about it.
15. Why is this person, that May encounters, important?
(a) She is a famous actress.
(b) He is May's cousin.
(c) She is a leading Hollywood gossip columnist.
(d) He is a movie director.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the trio is struggling on the trip across the country?
2. Who requests Mr. Glogauer's presence?
3. When does Helen's obsequious behavior come into play?
4. What are the Schlepkin brothers to Glogauer?
5. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)