|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this person that May encounters offer to do?
(a) Not keep them from their plans.
(b) Help promote it .
(c) Be their first student.
(d) Work as a teacher.
2. Where are the New York stage performers headed?
(a) To San Diego.
(b) To Hollywood.
(c) To San Francisco.
(d) To Santa Monica.
3. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
(a) A new idea in Los Angeles.
(b) An old idea from years ago.
(c) An egg.
(d) A deceptive plan.
4. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
(a) To become a bartender.
(b) To become an actress on the stage.
(c) To become a Ziegfeld Follies girl.
(d) To become an actress.
5. What is THE JAZZ SINGER?
(a) A ballet.
(b) A silent film.
(c) A successful talkie.
(d) A live production.
6. Who rudely interrupts George from what he is happily doing?
7. Where does the first scene open?
(a) At a bus stop.
(b) At an audition.
(c) In a two-bit hotel room.
(d) In May's home.
8. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
(a) A social club.
(b) An acting studio.
(c) A mutual hatred.
(d) A fast friendship.
9. Describe Susan.
(a) She is a very talented actress.
(b) She is beautiful but not too bright.
(c) She is very intelligent.
(d) She is not very attractive.
10. The setting of this scene has a _________ interior.
(b) Heavily gilded.
11. How does the trio feel about their new idea, as they slowly traverse the land from one side of the continent to the other?
(a) They become more and more irritated.
(b) They become more and more nervous.
(c) They become more and more excited.
(d) They become more and more angry.
12. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
(a) The glow of the new money-making idea.
(b) Their own embarrassment.
(c) Their new fame.
(d) The hot sun.
13. How does George compare to the fast talking May, Jerry, and Helen?
(a) He is an even faster talker.
(b) He keeps up quite well.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is not quite in their league.
14. In what city is this building located?
(a) In Los Angeles.
(b) In New York.
(c) In San Diego.
(d) In San Francisco.
15. What else will the person May encounters do for them?
(a) Find them a place to live.
(b) Introduce them to a studio head.
(c) Buy them dinner.
(d) Pay for their train tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made this decision to leave New York City?
2. In what building is this interior located?
3. What kind of play is ONCE IN A LIFETIME?
4. Why do they work these jobs in this building?
5. How does Helen arrive?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)