|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what building is this interior located?
(a) The Kodak Theatre.
(b) The Hotel Hilton.
(c) The Hotel Stilton.
(d) The Glogauer Studios.
2. How have the Schlepkin brothers had ruthless and relentless success in the industry lately?
(a) Their new silent film.
(b) With Ethel Merman, their new star.
(c) With the new trio they have just hired.
(d) With Al Jolson and the talking picture.
3. What does this person that May encounters want in exchange?
(a) Full time work.
(b) Twenty percent of the business.
(c) Part time work.
(d) Fifty percent of the business.
4. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
(a) Their new fame.
(b) The hot sun.
(c) Their own embarrassment.
(d) The glow of the new money-making idea.
5. Of what does the trio have another?
(a) Train to catch.
(b) Stroke of good luck.
(c) New plan.
(d) Train ride.
6. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
(a) Found a new theatre for them to perform in.
(b) He has landed them roles in a Broadway play.
(c) He has sold the vaudeville act.
(d) He has found a new agent.
7. Describe Jerry Hyland.
(a) He is the doer.
(b) He is flighty.
(c) He is the worrier.
(d) He is lazy.
8. How does George compare to the fast talking May, Jerry, and Helen?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He keeps up quite well.
(c) He is not quite in their league.
(d) He is an even faster talker.
9. This idea began in New York, and to where is this new idea leading them?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Santa Monica.
10. What are the Schlepkin brothers to Glogauer?
(a) The stones in his shoe.
(b) An embarrassment.
(c) His close friends.
(d) His relatives.
11. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
(a) Helen and May are nervous about the idea.
(b) Jerry and George agree that it seems like a monumental idea .
(c) Jerry and May are hesitant to agree to the idea.
(d) May and George refuse to go along with the plan.
12. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
(a) To become a bartender.
(b) To become an actress on the stage.
(c) To become a Ziegfeld Follies girl.
(d) To become an actress.
13. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
(a) An acting studio.
(b) A social club.
(c) A fast friendship.
(d) A mutual hatred.
14. What is the name of the person George meets?
15. As what do these people work in this building?
(c) Waiters and cigarette girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Jerry bought for the trio?
2. What is THE JAZZ SINGER?
3. How do they travel from one city to the next?
4. Which member of the trio is struggling on the trip across the country?
5. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)