|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is this very important person that Helen and the others compliment?
(a) Mr. Glogauer
(b) The trio.
(d) Al Jolson.
2. What were May and George hoping Jerry would land?
(a) A contract.
(b) A job in a restaurant.
(c) A lead role.
(d) A plane.
3. What kind of play is ONCE IN A LIFETIME?
(a) A morbid play.
(b) A tragedy.
(c) A lighthearted play.
(d) A work of nonfiction.
4. What comes with the advent of the talkie, according to Jerry?
(a) There is a fortune to be made.
(b) Exciting new careers.
(c) New lessons to learn.
(d) New people to meet.
5. What do May and George think of Jerry's news?
(a) It is what they were hoping for.
(b) It is not what they are expecting.
(c) They are angered by this news.
(d) They are shocked and appalled.
6. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
(a) To become an actress.
(b) To become a Ziegfeld Follies girl.
(c) To become a bartender.
(d) To become an actress on the stage.
7. Describe Susan.
(a) She is very intelligent.
(b) She is beautiful but not too bright.
(c) She is a very talented actress.
(d) She is not very attractive.
8. How do they feel at first about Jerry's news?
(c) Somewhat surprised.
9. What are the Schlepkin brothers to Glogauer?
(a) The stones in his shoe.
(b) An embarrassment.
(c) His relatives.
(d) His close friends.
10. Who does George meet, while traveling across the continent with the trio?
(a) A movie star.
(b) A girl.
(c) A relative.
(d) A director.
11. As what do these people work in this building?
(d) Waiters and cigarette girls.
12. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
(a) It is a definite money maker.
(b) It might work.
(c) It will not be very successful.
(d) It is a horrible idea.
13. The setting of this scene has a _________ interior.
(d) Heavily gilded.
14. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
15. What can this person that May encounters do to someone's career?
(a) Make it legitimate.
(b) Make it.
(c) Break it.
(d) Make or break it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they travel from one city to the next?
2. Who requests Mr. Glogauer's presence?
3. What does this person that May encounters want in exchange?
4. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
5. For whom is Susan perfect?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)