|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is fortunate for May, regarding this person she encounters?
(a) Helen is in a good mood.
(b) Helen remembers her fondly.
(c) The police officer likes her.
(d) Her cousin is kind.
2. Who is this very important person that Helen and the others compliment?
(a) Al Jolson.
(b) The trio.
(d) Mr. Glogauer
3. Describe Jerry Hyland.
(a) He is the worrier.
(b) He is flighty.
(c) He is the doer.
(d) He is lazy.
4. How do they feel at first about Jerry's news?
(c) Somewhat surprised.
5. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
(a) A deceptive plan.
(b) An old idea from years ago.
(c) An egg.
(d) A new idea in Los Angeles.
6. Where are the New York stage performers headed?
(a) To Santa Monica.
(b) To Hollywood.
(c) To San Francisco.
(d) To San Diego.
7. Who is an actor who is rather young, and single, and somewhat carefree and oblivious?
(a) George Lewis.
(b) Al Jolson.
(c) Jerry Hyland.
(d) Mark Daniels.
8. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
(a) Their own embarrassment.
(b) The glow of the new money-making idea.
(c) Their new fame.
(d) The hot sun.
9. As what do these people work in this building?
(d) Waiters and cigarette girls.
10. What does this person that May encounters want in exchange?
(a) Twenty percent of the business.
(b) Part time work.
(c) Fifty percent of the business.
(d) Full time work.
11. What does this parade set off?
(a) Squeals from autograph seekers.
(b) The holiday season.
(c) An interest in parades.
(d) The fire alarm.
12. How do they travel from one city to the next?
(a) By car.
(b) By bus.
(c) By train.
(d) By plane.
13. How does the trio feel about this person's offer?
(a) They are not sure about it.
(b) They do not understand it.
(c) They do not like it.
(d) They like it.
14. The setting of this scene has a _________ interior.
(a) Heavily gilded.
15. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
(a) To become an actress on the stage.
(b) To become an actress.
(c) To become a bartender.
(d) To become a Ziegfeld Follies girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces that Mr. Glogauer's presence is requested?
2. Why is this person, that May encounters, important?
3. What do many people in Los Angeles want from this person that May encounters?
4. In what city is this building located?
5. Of the main characters, who is the worrier?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)