|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they feel at first about Jerry's news?
(d) Somewhat surprised.
2. Who announces that Mr. Glogauer's presence is requested?
(b) Al Jolson.
(d) A bellboy.
3. How does Helen arrive?
(a) With as much pandemonium as the movie stars.
(d) Just as surprised by the celebrities as the trio.
4. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
(a) A fast friendship.
(b) A social club.
(c) An acting studio.
(d) A mutual hatred.
5. How does the trio feel about getting to their destination.
(a) They are worried about getting there.
(b) They do not want to get there too fast.
(c) They do not want to get there.
(d) They cannot get there fast enough.
6. Who joins Helen with the compliments and flattery towards this very important person?
(a) Mr. Glogauer and the Schlepkins.
(b) The Schlepkins and George.
(c) Jerry, May, and George.
(d) Jerry and May.
7. The setting of this scene has a _________ interior.
(a) Heavily gilded.
8. What are the Schlepkin brothers to Glogauer?
(a) The stones in his shoe.
(b) His close friends.
(c) An embarrassment.
(d) His relatives.
9. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
(a) Found a new theatre for them to perform in.
(b) He has landed them roles in a Broadway play.
(c) He has sold the vaudeville act.
(d) He has found a new agent.
10. How does the trio feel about this person's offer?
(a) They do not understand it.
(b) They are not sure about it.
(c) They like it.
(d) They do not like it.
11. What do many people in Los Angeles want from this person that May encounters?
(b) To be mentioned in Helen's column.
(d) A job.
12. How have the Schlepkin brothers had ruthless and relentless success in the industry lately?
(a) With the new trio they have just hired.
(b) With Ethel Merman, their new star.
(c) Their new silent film.
(d) With Al Jolson and the talking picture.
13. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
(a) They are more often than not rebuffed by the silent celebrities.
(b) They are greeted by friendly celebrities.
(c) They are chased by the animals in the parade.
(d) They are treated like celebrities.
14. What does the trio hope this very important person will do for them?
(a) Get them jobs somewhere in the United States.
(b) Put their futures on the fast track.
(c) Buy their dinner.
(d) Send them back to New York City.
15. Of what news is May waiting?
(a) A sorely needed job for the trio.
(b) A date with Jerry.
(c) The reviews from her new play.
(d) Whether she is cast in a new Broadway show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Jerry Hyland.
2. Of what does the trio have another?
3. For whom is Susan perfect?
4. When does Helen's obsequious behavior come into play?
5. What job does the person they are here to meet have?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)