|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were May and George hoping Jerry would land?
(a) A plane.
(b) A contract.
(c) A job in a restaurant.
(d) A lead role.
2. What has Jerry bought for the trio?
(a) Tickets for the three of them on the next train to Hollywood.
(b) A theatre.
(c) A vaudeville act.
(d) A bus.
3. Where is George's new acquaintance headed?
(a) New York.
(b) Las Vegas.
4. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
(a) They are greeted by friendly celebrities.
(b) They are more often than not rebuffed by the silent celebrities.
(c) They are chased by the animals in the parade.
(d) They are treated like celebrities.
5. Who requests Mr. Glogauer's presence?
(a) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) The twelve Schlepkin brothers.
6. For whom is May waiting?
(a) She is waiting for George to return.
(b) She is waiting for Al Jolson to leave.
(c) She is waiting for George to leave.
(d) She is waiting for their other partner, Jerry, to return.
7. Why do they work these jobs in this building?
(a) To see shows for free.
(b) In the hopes of being discovered by some movie industry executive.
(c) In the hopes of creating a popular movie.
(d) To earn a large income.
8. What is fortunate for May, regarding this person she encounters?
(a) Helen is in a good mood.
(b) The police officer likes her.
(c) Her cousin is kind.
(d) Helen remembers her fondly.
9. What does this person that May encounters offer to do?
(a) Be their first student.
(b) Not keep them from their plans.
(c) Help promote it .
(d) Work as a teacher.
10. How does George compare to the fast talking May, Jerry, and Helen?
(a) He keeps up quite well.
(b) He is an even faster talker.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is not quite in their league.
11. What are the Schlepkin brothers to Glogauer?
(a) His relatives.
(b) The stones in his shoe.
(c) His close friends.
(d) An embarrassment.
12. Describe Jerry Hyland.
(a) He is the doer.
(b) He is flighty.
(c) He is the worrier.
(d) He is lazy.
13. What is THE JAZZ SINGER?
(a) A successful talkie.
(b) A ballet.
(c) A silent film.
(d) A live production.
14. As what do these people work in this building?
(b) Waiters and cigarette girls.
15. To whom will this person introduce the trio?
(a) Mr. Glogauer.
(b) Mae West.
(d) The Schlepkin brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
2. What kind of parade goes through the lobby of this building?
3. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
4. What does this parade set off?
5. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)