|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
(a) It is a definite money maker.
(b) It is a horrible idea.
(c) It might work.
(d) It will not be very successful.
2. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
(a) He has landed them roles in a Broadway play.
(b) He has sold the vaudeville act.
(c) He has found a new agent.
(d) Found a new theatre for them to perform in.
3. What is fortunate for May, regarding this person she encounters?
(a) The police officer likes her.
(b) Her cousin is kind.
(c) Helen remembers her fondly.
(d) Helen is in a good mood.
4. How have the Schlepkin brothers had ruthless and relentless success in the industry lately?
(a) With the new trio they have just hired.
(b) Their new silent film.
(c) With Ethel Merman, their new star.
(d) With Al Jolson and the talking picture.
5. Who requests Mr. Glogauer's presence?
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(d) The twelve Schlepkin brothers.
6. How do they travel from one city to the next?
(a) By bus.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By plane.
7. Who works in this building?
(a) Hopeful actors and actresses.
(d) Native New Yorkers.
8. What job does the person they are here to meet have?
(a) He is a gossip columnist.
(b) She is an actress.
(c) He is a man in the movie business.
(d) She is working with Al Jolson.
9. How is May feeling when she enters the scene?
10. Where are the New York stage performers headed?
(a) To Santa Monica.
(b) To Hollywood.
(c) To San Diego.
(d) To San Francisco.
11. Which member of the trio is struggling on the trip across the country?
12. What has Jerry bought for the trio?
(a) A theatre.
(b) A vaudeville act.
(c) A bus.
(d) Tickets for the three of them on the next train to Hollywood.
13. Why is this decision to leave made, according to Jerry?
(a) They could be successful in Chicago.
(b) He wants to be on Broadway.
(c) He is tired of New York City.
(d) They can earn a great deal of money.
14. Why are these New York performers headed there?
(a) To make their fortune at the onset of talking pictures.
(b) To see movie stars.
(c) To visit relatives.
(d) To spend time on the beach.
15. What were May and George hoping Jerry would land?
(a) A lead role.
(b) A plane.
(c) A contract.
(d) A job in a restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Helen with the compliments and flattery towards this very important person?
2. Of what news is May waiting?
3. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
4. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
5. When does Helen's obsequious behavior come into play?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)