|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The setting of this scene has a _________ interior.
(b) Heavily gilded.
2. What comes with the advent of the talkie, according to Jerry?
(a) Exciting new careers.
(b) New lessons to learn.
(c) New people to meet.
(d) There is a fortune to be made.
3. Why does Glogauer agree to the diction school?
(a) So he can send them to the Schlepkin brothers.
(b) He wants actors and actresses who speak well.
(c) So that he can take the lead by training his actors and actresses.
(d) He wants to practice his own diction.
4. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
(a) To become a bartender.
(b) To become an actress.
(c) To become an actress on the stage.
(d) To become a Ziegfeld Follies girl.
5. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
(a) A mutual hatred.
(b) A fast friendship.
(c) A social club.
(d) An acting studio.
6. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
7. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
(a) They are more often than not rebuffed by the silent celebrities.
(b) They are treated like celebrities.
(c) They are chased by the animals in the parade.
(d) They are greeted by friendly celebrities.
8. This idea began in New York, and to where is this new idea leading them?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Santa Monica.
9. Describe Jerry Hyland.
(a) He is the doer.
(b) He is the worrier.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He is flighty.
10. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
(a) May and George refuse to go along with the plan.
(b) Jerry and George agree that it seems like a monumental idea .
(c) Helen and May are nervous about the idea.
(d) Jerry and May are hesitant to agree to the idea.
11. As what do these people work in this building?
(a) Waiters and cigarette girls.
12. Who announces that Mr. Glogauer's presence is requested?
(a) Al Jolson.
(b) A bellboy.
13. What are the Schlepkin brothers to Glogauer?
(a) His relatives.
(b) His close friends.
(c) An embarrassment.
(d) The stones in his shoe.
14. When does Helen's obsequious behavior come into play?
(a) When the Schlepkin brothers arrive.
(b) When the trio arrives.
(c) When Mr. Glogauer arrives.
(d) When Mr. Glogauer leaves.
15. How do they travel from one city to the next?
(a) By bus.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does May encounter on the train?
2. Who does George meet, while traveling across the continent with the trio?
3. Who joins Helen with the compliments and flattery towards this very important person?
4. Who made this decision to leave New York City?
5. What do May and George think of Jerry's news?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)