|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom are Jerry, May, and George waiting in this building?
(b) Mae West.
(c) Mr. Glogauer.
(d) The Schlepkin brothers.
2. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
(a) An old idea from years ago.
(b) A deceptive plan.
(c) A new idea in Los Angeles.
(d) An egg.
3. According to Jerry, with what kind of news does he return?
(a) Horrible news.
(b) Bad news.
(c) Sad news.
(d) Good news.
4. What has Jerry bought for the trio?
(a) A theatre.
(b) Tickets for the three of them on the next train to Hollywood.
(c) A vaudeville act.
(d) A bus.
5. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
(a) The glow of the new money-making idea.
(b) Their own embarrassment.
(c) The hot sun.
(d) Their new fame.
6. Why does Glogauer agree to the diction school?
(a) He wants to practice his own diction.
(b) So that he can take the lead by training his actors and actresses.
(c) He wants actors and actresses who speak well.
(d) So he can send them to the Schlepkin brothers.
7. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
(a) May and George refuse to go along with the plan.
(b) Jerry and George agree that it seems like a monumental idea .
(c) Helen and May are nervous about the idea.
(d) Jerry and May are hesitant to agree to the idea.
8. How is May feeling when she enters the scene?
9. Why are these New York performers headed there?
(a) To visit relatives.
(b) To see movie stars.
(c) To make their fortune at the onset of talking pictures.
(d) To spend time on the beach.
10. Who joins Helen with the compliments and flattery towards this very important person?
(a) Jerry and May.
(b) Mr. Glogauer and the Schlepkins.
(c) The Schlepkins and George.
(d) Jerry, May, and George.
11. How powerful is this person that May encounters?
(a) Less powerful than she thinks.
(b) Very powerful.
(c) Slightly powerful.
(d) More powerful than he thinks.
12. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
(a) Reading a new script.
(b) Flirting with young actresses.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Thumbing through a copy of Variety magazine.
13. Of what news is May waiting?
(a) A sorely needed job for the trio.
(b) Whether she is cast in a new Broadway show.
(c) The reviews from her new play.
(d) A date with Jerry.
14. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
(a) To become an actress.
(b) To become a Ziegfeld Follies girl.
(c) To become a bartender.
(d) To become an actress on the stage.
15. What were May and George hoping Jerry would land?
(a) A job in a restaurant.
(b) A plane.
(c) A lead role.
(d) A contract.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they work these jobs in this building?
2. What comes with the advent of the talkie, according to Jerry?
3. Who is this person that May encounters?
4. What can this person that May encounters do to someone's career?
5. What does this person that May encounters offer to do?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)