|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this person that May encounters want in exchange?
(a) Fifty percent of the business.
(b) Twenty percent of the business.
(c) Full time work.
(d) Part time work.
2. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
(a) To become an actress on the stage.
(b) To become an actress.
(c) To become a bartender.
(d) To become a Ziegfeld Follies girl.
3. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
(a) Jerry and May are hesitant to agree to the idea.
(b) Helen and May are nervous about the idea.
(c) May and George refuse to go along with the plan.
(d) Jerry and George agree that it seems like a monumental idea .
4. For whom are Jerry, May, and George waiting in this building?
(a) The Schlepkin brothers.
(b) Mae West.
(d) Mr. Glogauer.
5. On what will they capitalize, if they take this advice and create a new job for the trio?
(a) The historic value of the theatre.
(b) The conversion of silent movie stars to the new medium of talkies.
(c) The need for Hollywood directors.
(d) The need for vaudeville shows around the country.
6. Who rudely interrupts George from what he is happily doing?
7. Who requests Mr. Glogauer's presence?
(a) The twelve Schlepkin brothers.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Frank Lloyd Wright.
8. For whom is May waiting?
(a) She is waiting for George to return.
(b) She is waiting for Al Jolson to leave.
(c) She is waiting for their other partner, Jerry, to return.
(d) She is waiting for George to leave.
9. What happens to Jerry's plan, while traveling to the trio's new destination?
(a) It falls short.
(b) It is very successful.
(c) There are no glitches.
(d) It is not at all successful.
10. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
(a) Flirting with young actresses.
(b) Thumbing through a copy of Variety magazine.
(c) Reading a new script.
(d) Watching television.
11. How does the trio feel about this person's offer?
(a) They do not like it.
(b) They do not understand it.
(c) They are not sure about it.
(d) They like it.
12. Who is this very important person that Helen and the others compliment?
(a) Al Jolson.
(b) The trio.
(d) Mr. Glogauer
13. With what is this person struggling?
(a) To control his thoughts.
(b) To control her nervous energy.
(c) To control her anger.
(d) To control his excitement.
14. To whom will this person introduce the trio?
(b) The Schlepkin brothers.
(c) Mr. Glogauer.
(d) Mae West.
15. The setting of this scene has a _________ interior.
(a) Heavily gilded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is THE JAZZ SINGER?
2. How does George compare to the fast talking May, Jerry, and Helen?
3. What is fortunate for May, regarding this person she encounters?
4. How have the Schlepkin brothers had ruthless and relentless success in the industry lately?
5. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)