|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
2. Who is this very important person that Helen and the others compliment?
(b) Mr. Glogauer
(c) The trio.
(d) Al Jolson.
3. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
(a) A deceptive plan.
(b) An egg.
(c) A new idea in Los Angeles.
(d) An old idea from years ago.
4. What is this person's idea, regarding the new job?
(a) Directing movies.
(b) Taking their vaudeville act on the road.
(c) Opening a diction school for actors.
(d) Buying a theatre.
5. What does this person that May encounters offer to do?
(a) Be their first student.
(b) Work as a teacher.
(c) Help promote it .
(d) Not keep them from their plans.
6. When does Helen's obsequious behavior come into play?
(a) When Mr. Glogauer arrives.
(b) When the Schlepkin brothers arrive.
(c) When Mr. Glogauer leaves.
(d) When the trio arrives.
7. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
(a) He has landed them roles in a Broadway play.
(b) Found a new theatre for them to perform in.
(c) He has found a new agent.
(d) He has sold the vaudeville act.
8. Where does the first scene open?
(a) In a two-bit hotel room.
(b) In May's home.
(c) At an audition.
(d) At a bus stop.
9. Why does Glogauer agree to the diction school?
(a) He wants actors and actresses who speak well.
(b) So that he can take the lead by training his actors and actresses.
(c) He wants to practice his own diction.
(d) So he can send them to the Schlepkin brothers.
10. For whom are Jerry, May, and George waiting in this building?
(a) The Schlepkin brothers.
(c) Mr. Glogauer.
(d) Mae West.
11. Of the main characters, who is the worrier?
(a) Al Jolson.
(b) George Lewis.
(c) May Daniels.
(d) Jerry Hyland.
12. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
(a) An acting studio.
(b) A mutual hatred.
(c) A social club.
(d) A fast friendship.
13. How does the trio feel about getting to their destination.
(a) They do not want to get there.
(b) They cannot get there fast enough.
(c) They do not want to get there too fast.
(d) They are worried about getting there.
14. According to Jerry, with what kind of news does he return?
(a) Good news.
(b) Horrible news.
(c) Bad news.
(d) Sad news.
15. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
(a) Their own embarrassment.
(b) Their new fame.
(c) The hot sun.
(d) The glow of the new money-making idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can this person that May encounters do to someone's career?
2. Who made this decision to leave New York City?
3. For whom is Susan perfect?
4. What kind of play is ONCE IN A LIFETIME?
5. Who is this person that May encounters?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)