|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
2. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
(a) To become an actress.
(b) To become a Ziegfeld Follies girl.
(c) To become an actress on the stage.
(d) To become a bartender.
3. What comes with the advent of the talkie, according to Jerry?
(a) New people to meet.
(b) New lessons to learn.
(c) Exciting new careers.
(d) There is a fortune to be made.
4. Why are these New York performers headed there?
(a) To make their fortune at the onset of talking pictures.
(b) To see movie stars.
(c) To spend time on the beach.
(d) To visit relatives.
5. Of what does the trio have another?
(a) Train ride.
(b) Stroke of good luck.
(c) Train to catch.
(d) New plan.
6. How does George compare to the fast talking May, Jerry, and Helen?
(a) He is not quite in their league.
(b) He keeps up quite well.
(c) He is an even faster talker.
(d) He is bored.
7. When does Helen's obsequious behavior come into play?
(a) When the Schlepkin brothers arrive.
(b) When the trio arrives.
(c) When Mr. Glogauer arrives.
(d) When Mr. Glogauer leaves.
8. What do many people in Los Angeles want from this person that May encounters?
(c) A job.
(d) To be mentioned in Helen's column.
9. Why does Glogauer agree to the diction school?
(a) So that he can take the lead by training his actors and actresses.
(b) So he can send them to the Schlepkin brothers.
(c) He wants to practice his own diction.
(d) He wants actors and actresses who speak well.
10. How did this decision to leave come about?
(a) After hearing success stories from other vaudevillians.
(b) After watching Al Jolson.
(c) After learning about the work available in Chicago.
(d) After meeting Al Jolson for dinner.
11. How do they feel at first about Jerry's news?
(b) Somewhat surprised.
12. Why is this decision to leave made, according to Jerry?
(a) He is tired of New York City.
(b) They could be successful in Chicago.
(c) They can earn a great deal of money.
(d) He wants to be on Broadway.
13. Who is this very important person that Helen and the others compliment?
(b) Al Jolson.
(c) Mr. Glogauer
(d) The trio.
14. The setting of this scene has a _________ interior.
(a) Heavily gilded.
15. As what do these people work in this building?
(c) Waiters and cigarette girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the trio feel about their new idea, as they slowly traverse the land from one side of the continent to the other?
2. What is the name of the person George meets?
3. Describe Jerry Hyland.
4. How does the trio feel about getting to their destination.
5. This idea began in New York, and to where is this new idea leading them?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)