|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who works in this building?
(a) Native New Yorkers.
(d) Hopeful actors and actresses.
2. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
(a) It will not be very successful.
(b) It might work.
(c) It is a definite money maker.
(d) It is a horrible idea.
3. For whom is Susan perfect?
4. Describe Jerry Hyland.
(a) He is lazy.
(b) He is flighty.
(c) He is the doer.
(d) He is the worrier.
5. On what will they capitalize, if they take this advice and create a new job for the trio?
(a) The historic value of the theatre.
(b) The need for vaudeville shows around the country.
(c) The need for Hollywood directors.
(d) The conversion of silent movie stars to the new medium of talkies.
6. Who rudely interrupts George from what he is happily doing?
7. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
(a) A deceptive plan.
(b) A new idea in Los Angeles.
(c) An egg.
(d) An old idea from years ago.
8. What has Jerry bought for the trio?
(a) A bus.
(b) Tickets for the three of them on the next train to Hollywood.
(c) A theatre.
(d) A vaudeville act.
9. Who announces that Mr. Glogauer's presence is requested?
(b) Al Jolson.
(c) A bellboy.
10. Why are these New York performers headed there?
(a) To visit relatives.
(b) To spend time on the beach.
(c) To see movie stars.
(d) To make their fortune at the onset of talking pictures.
11. How do they travel from one city to the next?
(a) By car.
(b) By train.
(c) By bus.
(d) By plane.
12. Who is an actor who is rather young, and single, and somewhat carefree and oblivious?
(a) Jerry Hyland.
(b) Al Jolson.
(c) George Lewis.
(d) Mark Daniels.
13. Who does George meet, while traveling across the continent with the trio?
(a) A movie star.
(b) A girl.
(c) A director.
(d) A relative.
14. Of the main characters, who is the worrier?
(a) George Lewis.
(b) Jerry Hyland.
(c) May Daniels.
(d) Al Jolson.
15. When does Helen's obsequious behavior come into play?
(a) When the trio arrives.
(b) When Mr. Glogauer arrives.
(c) When the Schlepkin brothers arrive.
(d) When Mr. Glogauer leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is May feeling when she enters the scene?
2. Who requests Mr. Glogauer's presence?
3. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
4. What can this person that May encounters do to someone's career?
5. What is the name of the person George meets?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)