|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is this person struggling?
(a) To control her anger.
(b) To control his excitement.
(c) To control his thoughts.
(d) To control her nervous energy.
2. How have the Schlepkin brothers had ruthless and relentless success in the industry lately?
(a) With Al Jolson and the talking picture.
(b) Their new silent film.
(c) With Ethel Merman, their new star.
(d) With the new trio they have just hired.
3. What does the trio hope this very important person will do for them?
(a) Put their futures on the fast track.
(b) Buy their dinner.
(c) Send them back to New York City.
(d) Get them jobs somewhere in the United States.
4. How does the trio feel about their new idea, as they slowly traverse the land from one side of the continent to the other?
(a) They become more and more angry.
(b) They become more and more irritated.
(c) They become more and more excited.
(d) They become more and more nervous.
5. How does the trio feel about this person's offer?
(a) They like it.
(b) They do not like it.
(c) They are not sure about it.
(d) They do not understand it.
6. What else will the person May encounters do for them?
(a) Find them a place to live.
(b) Buy them dinner.
(c) Introduce them to a studio head.
(d) Pay for their train tickets.
7. What are the Schlepkin brothers to Glogauer?
(a) An embarrassment.
(b) The stones in his shoe.
(c) His relatives.
(d) His close friends.
8. Where is George's new acquaintance headed?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) New York.
9. What job does the person they are here to meet have?
(a) She is an actress.
(b) He is a gossip columnist.
(c) He is a man in the movie business.
(d) She is working with Al Jolson.
10. How does the trio feel about getting to their destination.
(a) They do not want to get there too fast.
(b) They cannot get there fast enough.
(c) They do not want to get there.
(d) They are worried about getting there.
11. Describe Jerry Hyland.
(a) He is the worrier.
(b) He is the doer.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He is flighty.
12. What kind of parade goes through the lobby of this building?
(a) A parade of movie stars.
(b) The Rose Parade.
(c) Th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
(d) A parade of zoo animals.
13. Who works in this building?
(b) Hopeful actors and actresses.
(d) Native New Yorkers.
14. How is May feeling when she enters the scene?
15. Where does George meet this person?
(a) At the station.
(b) On the train.
(c) In New York.
(d) In Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this person, that May encounters, important?
2. Why do they work these jobs in this building?
3. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
4. Why is this decision to leave made, according to Jerry?
5. How do they travel from one city to the next?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)