|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this parade set off?
(a) The holiday season.
(b) An interest in parades.
(c) The fire alarm.
(d) Squeals from autograph seekers.
2. According to Jerry, with what kind of news does he return?
(a) Horrible news.
(b) Sad news.
(c) Bad news.
(d) Good news.
3. What does this person that May encounters offer to do?
(a) Work as a teacher.
(b) Be their first student.
(c) Help promote it .
(d) Not keep them from their plans.
4. Of what does the trio have another?
(a) Train ride.
(b) New plan.
(c) Train to catch.
(d) Stroke of good luck.
5. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
(a) A fast friendship.
(b) A mutual hatred.
(c) A social club.
(d) An acting studio.
6. Where are the New York stage performers headed?
(a) To San Diego.
(b) To Hollywood.
(c) To San Francisco.
(d) To Santa Monica.
7. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
(a) They are treated like celebrities.
(b) They are greeted by friendly celebrities.
(c) They are more often than not rebuffed by the silent celebrities.
(d) They are chased by the animals in the parade.
8. Where is George's new acquaintance headed?
(a) New York.
(d) Las Vegas.
9. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
(a) Flirting with young actresses.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Thumbing through a copy of Variety magazine.
(d) Reading a new script.
10. What does the trio hope this very important person will do for them?
(a) Buy their dinner.
(b) Send them back to New York City.
(c) Get them jobs somewhere in the United States.
(d) Put their futures on the fast track.
11. In what building is this interior located?
(a) The Glogauer Studios.
(b) The Kodak Theatre.
(c) The Hotel Hilton.
(d) The Hotel Stilton.
12. How do they travel from one city to the next?
(a) By car.
(b) By bus.
(c) By plane.
(d) By train.
13. What comes with the advent of the talkie, according to Jerry?
(a) There is a fortune to be made.
(b) New lessons to learn.
(c) Exciting new careers.
(d) New people to meet.
14. What sends Glogauer into fits?
(a) His new medication.
(b) The mention of the Schlepkin name.
(c) Seeing the trio.
(d) The fish he eats, to which he is allergic.
15. Why are these New York performers headed there?
(a) To make their fortune at the onset of talking pictures.
(b) To see movie stars.
(c) To spend time on the beach.
(d) To visit relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces that Mr. Glogauer's presence is requested?
2. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
3. How does the trio feel about getting to their destination.
4. Of what news is May waiting?
5. On what will they capitalize, if they take this advice and create a new job for the trio?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)