|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is this person struggling?
(a) To control his thoughts.
(b) To control her anger.
(c) To control his excitement.
(d) To control her nervous energy.
2. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
(a) It is a definite money maker.
(b) It will not be very successful.
(c) It might work.
(d) It is a horrible idea.
3. When was the decision to leave New York City made?
(a) One week ago.
(b) This morning.
(c) This afternoon.
(d) Yesterday evening.
4. Of what does the trio have another?
(a) Stroke of good luck.
(b) New plan.
(c) Train to catch.
(d) Train ride.
5. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
(a) An egg.
(b) A deceptive plan.
(c) A new idea in Los Angeles.
(d) An old idea from years ago.
6. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
(a) Jerry and May are hesitant to agree to the idea.
(b) May and George refuse to go along with the plan.
(c) Helen and May are nervous about the idea.
(d) Jerry and George agree that it seems like a monumental idea .
7. Why is this person, that May encounters, important?
(a) He is a movie director.
(b) She is a leading Hollywood gossip columnist.
(c) He is May's cousin.
(d) She is a famous actress.
8. What is the name of the person George meets?
9. Who is this very important person that Helen and the others compliment?
(a) The trio.
(c) Al Jolson.
(d) Mr. Glogauer
10. What sends Glogauer into fits?
(a) His new medication.
(b) The mention of the Schlepkin name.
(c) Seeing the trio.
(d) The fish he eats, to which he is allergic.
11. Which member of the trio is struggling on the trip across the country?
12. What do many people in Los Angeles want from this person that May encounters?
(a) A job.
(c) To be mentioned in Helen's column.
13. According to Jerry, with what kind of news does he return?
(a) Bad news.
(b) Horrible news.
(c) Good news.
(d) Sad news.
14. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
(a) To become an actress.
(b) To become an actress on the stage.
(c) To become a bartender.
(d) To become a Ziegfeld Follies girl.
15. What job does the person they are here to meet have?
(a) He is a gossip columnist.
(b) She is an actress.
(c) She is working with Al Jolson.
(d) He is a man in the movie business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this person's idea, regarding the new job?
2. How does Helen arrive?
3. What does this person that May encounters offer to do?
4. How does George compare to the fast talking May, Jerry, and Helen?
5. Describe Jerry Hyland.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)