|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
(a) Thumbing through a copy of Variety magazine.
(b) Flirting with young actresses.
(c) Reading a new script.
(d) Watching television.
2. Where are the three headed?
(c) Atlantic City.
3. In what are the three basking, as they are traveling to their new destination?
(a) Their new fame.
(b) The glow of the new money-making idea.
(c) The hot sun.
(d) Their own embarrassment.
4. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
(a) He has sold the vaudeville act.
(b) Found a new theatre for them to perform in.
(c) He has found a new agent.
(d) He has landed them roles in a Broadway play.
5. What is the trio creating, as they travel across the country?
(a) A new idea in Los Angeles.
(b) An old idea from years ago.
(c) A deceptive plan.
(d) An egg.
6. What has Jerry bought for the trio?
(a) A theatre.
(b) Tickets for the three of them on the next train to Hollywood.
(c) A vaudeville act.
(d) A bus.
7. How does the trio feel about this person's offer?
(a) They do not understand it.
(b) They are not sure about it.
(c) They do not like it.
(d) They like it.
8. How did this decision to leave come about?
(a) After watching Al Jolson.
(b) After learning about the work available in Chicago.
(c) After meeting Al Jolson for dinner.
(d) After hearing success stories from other vaudevillians.
9. What happens to Jerry's plan, while traveling to the trio's new destination?
(a) It is very successful.
(b) It falls short.
(c) It is not at all successful.
(d) There are no glitches.
10. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
(a) It is a horrible idea.
(b) It will not be very successful.
(c) It is a definite money maker.
(d) It might work.
11. Of what does the trio have another?
(a) New plan.
(b) Train ride.
(c) Stroke of good luck.
(d) Train to catch.
12. How does the trio feel about getting to their destination.
(a) They cannot get there fast enough.
(b) They do not want to get there.
(c) They are worried about getting there.
(d) They do not want to get there too fast.
13. Where does George meet this person?
(a) In Los Angeles.
(b) On the train.
(c) At the station.
(d) In New York.
14. What are the Schlepkin brothers to Glogauer?
(a) His close friends.
(b) The stones in his shoe.
(c) An embarrassment.
(d) His relatives.
15. When does Helen's obsequious behavior come into play?
(a) When Mr. Glogauer arrives.
(b) When the trio arrives.
(c) When Mr. Glogauer leaves.
(d) When the Schlepkin brothers arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sends Glogauer into fits?
2. What does this person that May encounters want in exchange?
3. Why are these New York performers headed there?
4. Which member of the trio is struggling on the trip across the country?
5. What is THE JAZZ SINGER?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)