|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As what do these people work in this building?
(b) Waiters and cigarette girls.
2. Who rudely interrupts George from what he is happily doing?
3. How does George compare to the fast talking May, Jerry, and Helen?
(a) He is not quite in their league.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is an even faster talker.
(d) He keeps up quite well.
4. How have the Schlepkin brothers had ruthless and relentless success in the industry lately?
(a) With the new trio they have just hired.
(b) Their new silent film.
(c) With Al Jolson and the talking picture.
(d) With Ethel Merman, their new star.
5. Describe Jerry Hyland.
(a) He is lazy.
(b) He is flighty.
(c) He is the doer.
(d) He is the worrier.
6. What job does the person they are here to meet have?
(a) She is an actress.
(b) He is a man in the movie business.
(c) She is working with Al Jolson.
(d) He is a gossip columnist.
7. Who made this decision to leave New York City?
8. Where does the first scene open?
(a) In a two-bit hotel room.
(b) At a bus stop.
(c) In May's home.
(d) At an audition.
9. What kind of parade goes through the lobby of this building?
(a) Th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
(b) A parade of zoo animals.
(c) The Rose Parade.
(d) A parade of movie stars.
10. What are the Schlepkin brothers to Glogauer?
(a) His relatives.
(b) His close friends.
(c) The stones in his shoe.
(d) An embarrassment.
11. Who works in this building?
(a) Native New Yorkers.
(c) Hopeful actors and actresses.
12. How does Helen arrive?
(a) With as much pandemonium as the movie stars.
(d) Just as surprised by the celebrities as the trio.
13. Of what news is May waiting?
(a) A date with Jerry.
(b) Whether she is cast in a new Broadway show.
(c) The reviews from her new play.
(d) A sorely needed job for the trio.
14. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
(a) An acting studio.
(b) A social club.
(c) A fast friendship.
(d) A mutual hatred.
15. According to Jerry, with what kind of news does he return?
(a) Bad news.
(b) Horrible news.
(c) Sad news.
(d) Good news.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is this very important person that Helen and the others compliment?
2. For whom is Susan perfect?
3. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
4. How powerful is this person that May encounters?
5. How are those people watching the parade treated by those in the parade?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)