|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jerry, with what kind of news does he return?
(a) Bad news.
(b) Good news.
(c) Horrible news.
(d) Sad news.
2. What do many people in Los Angeles want from this person that May encounters?
(c) To be mentioned in Helen's column.
(d) A job.
3. When was the decision to leave New York City made?
(a) This morning.
(b) This afternoon.
(c) Yesterday evening.
(d) One week ago.
4. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
(a) It is a horrible idea.
(b) It is a definite money maker.
(c) It might work.
(d) It will not be very successful.
5. What were May and George hoping Jerry would land?
(a) A contract.
(b) A job in a restaurant.
(c) A plane.
(d) A lead role.
6. For whom are Jerry, May, and George waiting in this building?
(a) The Schlepkin brothers.
(c) Mr. Glogauer.
(d) Mae West.
7. Why is this decision to leave made, according to Jerry?
(a) They could be successful in Chicago.
(b) He wants to be on Broadway.
(c) They can earn a great deal of money.
(d) He is tired of New York City.
8. Of what does the trio have another?
(a) Stroke of good luck.
(b) Train to catch.
(c) New plan.
(d) Train ride.
9. Why is this person, that May encounters, important?
(a) He is a movie director.
(b) She is a famous actress.
(c) She is a leading Hollywood gossip columnist.
(d) He is May's cousin.
10. Who does George meet, while traveling across the continent with the trio?
(a) A director.
(b) A relative.
(c) A girl.
(d) A movie star.
11. With what is this person struggling?
(a) To control her anger.
(b) To control his excitement.
(c) To control her nervous energy.
(d) To control his thoughts.
12. This idea began in New York, and to where is this new idea leading them?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Santa Monica.
13. Where are the three headed?
(a) Atlantic City.
14. Which member of the trio is struggling on the trip across the country?
15. Where is George's new acquaintance headed?
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. As what do these people work in this building?
2. Who rudely interrupts George from what he is happily doing?
3. For whom is May waiting?
4. Describe Jerry Hyland.
5. How does the trio feel about their new idea, as they slowly traverse the land from one side of the continent to the other?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)