Short Essay Answer Key
1. Describe how the first scene opens.
The first scene opens in a two-bit hotel room where George is happily thumbing through a copy of Variety magazine and is rudely interrupted by May, a high energy worrywart.
2. Who are the three primary characters?
The three primary characters are May, Jerry, and George.
3. For what is May anxious in this first scene?
May is anxious for their other partner, Jerry, to return with news of a sorely needed job for the trio.
4. How do May and George feel about Jerry's good news?
Jerry's good news is not quite what May and George are expecting.
5. What has Jerry done to the trio?
Instead of landing a contract, Jerry has sold the vaudeville act, so the three of them can go to Hollywood; a decision he made after watching Al Jolson in THE JAZZ SINGER...
This section contains 2,164 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)