Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 1
1. Describe how the first scene opens.
2. Who are the three primary characters?
3. For what is May anxious in this first scene?
4. How do May and George feel about Jerry's good news?
5. What has Jerry done to the trio?
6. Why has Jerry done this?
7. Who has a good idea? What is this idea? What do the others think about the idea?
8. Describe George.
This section contains 588 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)