|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
(a) May and George refuse to go along with the plan.
(b) Jerry and May are hesitant to agree to the idea.
(c) Helen and May are nervous about the idea.
(d) Jerry and George agree that it seems like a monumental idea .
2. Describe Jerry Hyland.
(a) He is the worrier.
(b) He is lazy.
(c) He is flighty.
(d) He is the doer.
3. Why is this person, that May encounters, important?
(a) He is a movie director.
(b) She is a famous actress.
(c) She is a leading Hollywood gossip columnist.
(d) He is May's cousin.
4. Who is also dining at the hotel tonight and for whom Mr. Glogauer does not care?
(a) The twelve Schlepkin brothers.
(b) Vivian Leigh.
(c) Ethel Merman.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
5. Who announces that Mr. Glogauer's presence is requested?
(a) Al Jolson.
(b) A bellboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jerry, with what kind of news does he return?
2. What does this person that May encounters want in exchange?
3. What are the Schlepkin brothers to Glogauer?
4. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
5. Of what news is May waiting?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)