|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do George and his new acquaintance form?
(a) A mutual hatred.
(b) An acting studio.
(c) A social club.
(d) A fast friendship.
2. What comes with the advent of the talkie, according to Jerry?
(a) New lessons to learn.
(b) Exciting new careers.
(c) New people to meet.
(d) There is a fortune to be made.
3. Where are the three headed?
(c) Atlantic City.
4. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
(a) Helen and May are nervous about the idea.
(b) Jerry and May are hesitant to agree to the idea.
(c) May and George refuse to go along with the plan.
(d) Jerry and George agree that it seems like a monumental idea .
5. What does this person that May encounters think about the trio's diction school idea?
(a) It is a horrible idea.
(b) It is a definite money maker.
(c) It might work.
(d) It will not be very successful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is an actor who is rather young, and single, and somewhat carefree and oblivious?
2. Describe Jerry Hyland.
3. How do they feel at first about Jerry's news?
4. What do May and George think of Jerry's news?
5. What kind of play is ONCE IN A LIFETIME?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)