|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what will they capitalize, if they take this advice and create a new job for the trio?
(a) The need for Hollywood directors.
(b) The conversion of silent movie stars to the new medium of talkies.
(c) The historic value of the theatre.
(d) The need for vaudeville shows around the country.
2. Why are these New York performers headed there?
(a) To make their fortune at the onset of talking pictures.
(b) To spend time on the beach.
(c) To visit relatives.
(d) To see movie stars.
3. Who does George meet, while traveling across the continent with the trio?
(a) A movie star.
(b) A girl.
(c) A director.
(d) A relative.
4. What is fortunate for May, regarding this person she encounters?
(a) The police officer likes her.
(b) Her cousin is kind.
(c) Helen is in a good mood.
(d) Helen remembers her fondly.
5. How did this decision to leave come about?
(a) After learning about the work available in Chicago.
(b) After hearing success stories from other vaudevillians.
(c) After watching Al Jolson.
(d) After meeting Al Jolson for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is George's new acquaintance headed to this location?
2. How is May feeling when she enters the scene?
3. Of the main characters, who is the worrier?
4. What kind of play is ONCE IN A LIFETIME?
5. How powerful is this person that May encounters?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)