|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How powerful is this person that May encounters?
(a) Slightly powerful.
(b) Less powerful than she thinks.
(c) Very powerful.
(d) More powerful than he thinks.
2. What does this person that May encounters want in exchange?
(a) Full time work.
(b) Fifty percent of the business.
(c) Twenty percent of the business.
(d) Part time work.
3. How do they feel at first about Jerry's news?
(b) Somewhat surprised.
4. On what will they capitalize, if they take this advice and create a new job for the trio?
(a) The need for Hollywood directors.
(b) The conversion of silent movie stars to the new medium of talkies.
(c) The need for vaudeville shows around the country.
(d) The historic value of the theatre.
5. What happens to Jerry's plan, while traveling to the trio's new destination?
(a) It is very successful.
(b) It is not at all successful.
(c) There are no glitches.
(d) It falls short.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
2. Who is an actor who is rather young, and single, and somewhat carefree and oblivious?
3. How is May feeling when she enters the scene?
4. According to Jerry, with what kind of news does he return?
5. Where does George meet this person?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)