|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this person that May encounters offer to do?
(a) Not keep them from their plans.
(b) Be their first student.
(c) Help promote it .
(d) Work as a teacher.
2. This idea began in New York, and to where is this new idea leading them?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Santa Monica.
3. Of the main characters, who is the worrier?
(a) May Daniels.
(b) George Lewis.
(c) Al Jolson.
(d) Jerry Hyland.
4. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
(a) Found a new theatre for them to perform in.
(b) He has found a new agent.
(c) He has sold the vaudeville act.
(d) He has landed them roles in a Broadway play.
5. Who is this person that May encounters?
(a) Henry Herbert.
(b) Hillary Hanson.
(c) Hank Hannah.
(d) Helen Hobart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the first scene open?
2. What comes with the advent of the talkie, according to Jerry?
3. How is May feeling when she enters the scene?
4. What do May and George think of Jerry's news?
5. Who made this decision to leave New York City?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)