|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the main characters, who is the worrier?
(a) May Daniels.
(b) George Lewis.
(c) Al Jolson.
(d) Jerry Hyland.
2. Who made this decision to leave New York City?
3. What kind of play is ONCE IN A LIFETIME?
(a) A work of nonfiction.
(b) A lighthearted play.
(c) A morbid play.
(d) A tragedy.
4. Why are these New York performers headed there?
(a) To visit relatives.
(b) To spend time on the beach.
(c) To make their fortune at the onset of talking pictures.
(d) To see movie stars.
5. Describe Jerry Hyland.
(a) He is flighty.
(b) He is the worrier.
(c) He is the doer.
(d) He is lazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
2. Who rudely interrupts George from what he is happily doing?
3. What do May and George think of Jerry's news?
4. For whom is May waiting?
5. On what will they capitalize, if they take this advice and create a new job for the trio?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)