|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jerry done to the trio's act?
(a) He has sold the vaudeville act.
(b) Found a new theatre for them to perform in.
(c) He has found a new agent.
(d) He has landed them roles in a Broadway play.
2. Where are the three headed?
(d) Atlantic City.
3. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
(a) Reading a new script.
(b) Thumbing through a copy of Variety magazine.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Flirting with young actresses.
4. Describe Jerry Hyland.
(a) He is the doer.
(b) He is flighty.
(c) He is the worrier.
(d) He is lazy.
5. How did this decision to leave come about?
(a) After watching Al Jolson.
(b) After learning about the work available in Chicago.
(c) After hearing success stories from other vaudevillians.
(d) After meeting Al Jolson for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jerry's plan, while traveling to the trio's new destination?
2. What has Jerry bought for the trio?
3. Why is this decision to leave made, according to Jerry?
4. What were May and George hoping Jerry would land?
5. What is this person's idea, regarding the new job?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)