|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the three headed?
(a) Atlantic City.
2. Of what news is May waiting?
(a) The reviews from her new play.
(b) A sorely needed job for the trio.
(c) Whether she is cast in a new Broadway show.
(d) A date with Jerry.
3. Who has a good idea about the trio's new job?
4. When was the decision to leave New York City made?
(a) Yesterday evening.
(b) One week ago.
(c) This morning.
(d) This afternoon.
5. How did this decision to leave come about?
(a) After watching Al Jolson.
(b) After learning about the work available in Chicago.
(c) After hearing success stories from other vaudevillians.
(d) After meeting Al Jolson for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is May feeling when she enters the scene?
2. For whom is May waiting?
3. What do the other two think of this new job idea?
4. What is George happily doing as this scene opens?
5. What happens to Jerry's plan, while traveling to the trio's new destination?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)