* ONCE IN A LIFETIME is a lighthearted play about some New York stage performers who head to Hollywood to make their fortune at the onset of talking pictures.
* The three primary characters are May, Jerry, and George.
* The first scene opens in a two-bit hotel room, where George is happily thumbing through a copy of Variety magazine and is rudely interrupted by May, a high energy worrywart.
* May is anxious for their other partner, Jerry, to return with news of a sorely needed job for the trio.
* Jerry's good news is not quite what May and George are expecting.
* Instead of landing a contract, Jerry has sold the vaudeville act, so the three of them can go to Hollywood; a decision he made after watching Al Jolson in THE JAZZ SINGER this afternoon.
* There is a fortune to be made with the advent of this new...
This section contains 1,459 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)